User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Femynor, Mili, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri Femynor, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Mili, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Mili, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, Tri-VyLibra, TriNessa, TriNessa Lo, VyLibra …show all brand names

Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate Rating Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 402 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate to treat Acne

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "I’ve been taking Tri-Sprintec for about 2 years now and I haven't had any problems with it. It has cleared up my acne, not completely but it has for sure gotten better. Also it prevents me from getting pregnant. I would recommend this for acne!"

rand (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 23, 2018

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "I was on Microgestin for 2.5 years and loved it. Cleared up my mild acne beautifully. But, I didn't get my period. Not once the entire 2.5 years. So, I decided to try Trinessa to give me a period AND maintain good skin. WORST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE. Made me breakout SO badly for 4 months!! Now I'm back on Microgestin. Skin is still not better after 3 months. I am severely disappointed in how I reacted with Trinessa."

fish1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2018

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "I started this pill that was recommend by my gyn as most effective for acne. The first 2 packs were complete opposite for me. I broke out on parts of my face that I never really experienced acne on before. However they weren’t cystic like or big and red like I usually would get on the chin area. At the third pack it got significantly better. I no longer had new breakouts. And now at my fourth pack my scarring has faded for the most part and around the placebo week I get one small breakout but nothing crazy. If you’re just starting this pill and aren’t sure if you should stick it out I’d say give it 3 months as recommended by the experts."

0412 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2018

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "I started this for acne on my back. I've had acne for 10 years. I'm in week three and just started getting really, I mean really bad break outs. I stopped getting cystic acne years ago, and the last week, I've gotten three cysts, where I would get three in a year and a bunch of smaller zits. My acne was more clogged pores on my face. I'm started to get huge cysts on my back too. I'm trying it for one more month, and if it doesn't get better, I'm going back to the minipill. I can't stand to look at my face in the mirror. "

HurricaneWhitney (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2018

"I suffered from acne so started this treatment, and as soon as I started it I noticed that my acne gradually cleared up until it cleared my face fully- which meant that my acne was hormonal! I now stay on this medication just to keep my skin clear, and it does the job! So if you are suffering from hormonal acne then it worked great for me and would highly recommend. Also this medication regulated my periods as well. I didn't experience any weight gain either."

Works great for hormonal acne! (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

TriNessa Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "So trinessa is my first birth control and honestly it is not that bad. I'm going to start accuctane and was told to start birth control. My advice for anyone who suffers from nausea is to take an antacid (tums) 30 min before taking the pill. I take mine before bed and the nausea is very bearable and not extreme so I was able to sleep through the night. The only thing is that I'm getting headaches and my anxiety is getting a little bad. However I'm giving my body time to adjust to the pill. So far, so good."

Katy3101 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "I've been on this medicine for over a year and I love it. I do experience nausea a little bit but I think its mostly just motion sickness. My acne cleared up within 2 weeks & I barely ever get pimples. I love how it regulates my periods and brought it from being 7 days long, to 4. my cramps have gotten a little better too. I hope it works this well for you:)"

Lydia (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2018

TriNessa Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "Trinessa Lo (generic ortho tri cyclen) helped my mild to moderate acne some but not enough. I ended up going on Accutane. While taking this, I noticed I was anxious, depressed and just not myself. I often felt moody and irritable, cried for no reason, no longer wanted to be around my boyfriend and was just angry. I stopped taking this pill and noticed a DRASTIC difference for the better. I am so much happier, less anxious, less depressed, and my relationship is back to normal. I feel like myself again. This stuff will mess with you... Only good thing was my usually painful periods were predictable and cramps were mild."

lll3 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 26, 2018

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "I started this at 15, I'm now 25 and this was the only medication to get rid of my face and chest acne. I'm now starting with the IUD because taking a pill every day isn't the best for me but Imay go back cuz my acne is coming back"

Tee April 15, 2018

Tri-Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "For the first couple of months, I was so moody and irritable. It got so bad sometimes I almost gave up, but I stuck with it. My acne was not improving, but by the third month I really started to notice a difference. Five months later my acne is almost completely cleared up, and I don't suffer from the depression or anxiety I had before starting this pill and in the early stages. It also helped to regulate my periods which used to be all over the place."

Kate (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2018

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "I was on this for 2.5 months and will never go back to Ortho Tri Cyclen. One huge side effect was that I had very bad nausea EVERY DAY along with migraines. I had so much nausea that I would gag at certain foods which I’ve never done in the past. I constantly felt full even when I skipped a meal. I can see how that would benefit people who are trying to lose weight but I’m already relatively thin trying to stay at a regulated weight. I used this to CLEAR my acne but it only made it worse— there are now twice as many acne “clusters” than there were prior to taking this. My acne has never been this bad. The only positive about this medication is that it made my periods slightly lighter and it regulated them down to a T."

Sophie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2018

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "I was on this pill for 3 or 4 years before I realized that it made me depressed. I wasn't necessarily a ball of darkness, but I had a small gray rain cloud always hanging over me. Also, I've steadily gain 5 pounds each year I was on this pill--Not sure if it is completely due to the pill or the depression since I haven't changed my eating and exercise habits over the years. This pill was subpar for acne control compared to past birth control pills I've been on (They had higher estrogen). This pill wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best for me."

Meg (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 19, 2018

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "This is my 4th month on the medication and I am so happy with the way my skin is looking now. I used to look in the mirror and tear up with how bad my acne was, and now I can leave the house without any makeup at all! My redness has completely calmed down and I rarely get breakouts, if I do it’s when I get my period. I won’t lie, the first month of side effects I was ready to give up. I had serious cramping even when I wasn’t on my period and a much heavier flow. But, that has now gone away and my periods have become regular (after years of getting them every 2 weeks) and my acne has cleared up a ton! Would definitely recommend :)"

lyonia_lucida (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2018

"I've never had sex but I got on TriNessa to help with my acne. It was never bad enough to get on Accutane, and I noticed that whenever my period came around my face flared up. I tried every topical cream/wash you could think of - drug store to name brand to a dermatologist prescription. If I went to bed without having washed my face I knew i would wake up in the morning covered in acne. Now, I still wash my face but more for the clean feeling than necessity. I haven't had really bad acne since my last year of high school. It's also SO nice not to have a period anymore. Like wow 10/10. I skip the last week because when I'd start the white pills back up I'd get really nauseous. Skip the last week and that problem will evaporate! Highly recommend trinessa for those with hormonal acne problems, but are not bad enough for Accutane"

Liz (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 8, 2018

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "I have deep scarring acne on my cheeks and forehead. I was on Trinessa for 3 months and didn’t see much change. For the first 2 months my forehead cleared up a little but no big change in my cheeks. In the middle of the second month everything went downhill. My face broke out terrribly and continues to get worse."

sg156931 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2018

"Was on orthotricyclen lo for years. Started because of debilitating painful cramps, shaking sweating etc and irregular unpredicatible cycles. Also had terrible acne. When first started mood flatlined and cried a lot, felt nauseous. These improved over time and my mood became more stable, nausea wasn't an issue unless I forgot a pill. No significant weight changes. Acne improved a lot ( still a few breakouts along chin). One significant negative side effect for me was zero libido, terrible vaginal dryness. Stopped one year ago because I want to start a family. Periods have not returned to normal before taking pill. I'm still experiencing vaginal dryness, scanty thin short periods and cycles less than 24 days, with spotting between periods for a year. Libido not back. Skin better than ever though. Still not pregnant. :( I would say, if it is really needed, it could help. Personally, I would not do it again, I'd explore other options, particularly healthy diet and lifestyle changes."

Bear March 5, 2018

Tri-Lo-Marzia (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "I was put on this for acne and my headaches and moods have been extremely awful; I have broken down so many times and the back of my head is in serious pain. When I take pain killers to help with the headaches I feel pretty fine, but man this pill is seriously getting to me and I’m gonna fight through and see how long all these symptoms will last."

KE (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2018

"I’m about to start taking this type of birth control but now I really don’t want to because of all the bad reviews. I already have horrible acne that I want to fix and I definitely don’t want to go through more of it with this. Summer is coming up and I don’t want to hide in my house like I already do.."

Anonymous February 24, 2018

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "Worked great for me. First two months I did broke out but after month 3 I started to see clear skin. Still have 2-3 pimples and some brown spots but over all much better than when I started. You definitely have to be patient and let your body adjust. Period is ok but shorter and I do get cramps on the first day but at least it’s over after 4 days instead of 7."

Naida99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2018

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "TriNessa definitely worked for me, but patience is key. It pretty severely broke me out for about 3 months while my hormones were adjusting but it might be less severe for others. On my 4th pack IMMEDIATELY my skin got so much smoother and more clear. I’m still struggling with scars and a few pimples here and there but my skin has really improved. As for my period, it’s regular and pretty short with no cramps, no pms, and a lighter flow. If you’re having trouble now just wait it out, it’s worth it. :)"

alolol February 9, 2018

"My skin hasn’t been this bad in a long time. I’ve taken this pill for almost 2 months and I have horrible cysts all over my cheeks/jawline that hurt so bad too. I am stopping this starting today. I went on the pill for my acne and this has only made it worse. I’m stopping this pill right now and seeing a hormonal natural doctor for my acne and hormonal imbalances."

Beccaalm January 29, 2018

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "I’ve had mild to moderate acne since I was 13. I’m 28 now. When I first started this pill I had pretty bad heartburn and frequent headaches. My skin didn’t really clear up at first and I thought it wasn’t working that great. I started looking into different pills but wanted to give my body a chance to get used to it so I stuck with it. Around the fifth month I finally started seeing a little improvement in my skin. I’m on my eighth month on it now and my skin is finally clear. I can’t believe I found something that actually worked. I also don’t have heartburn or headaches anymore. I did gain about ten pounds but also was eating bad so I don’t know if I can attribute that to tri Sprintec. I’m so glad I stuck with it!"

Jess L. January 12, 2018

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "Growing up I've always had sensitive skin and mild acne. In Summer of 2016 I went on vacation and when I came back, I broke out terribly, in October 2016, my doctor prescribed me Ortho Tri Cylen but my insurance covered Tri Sprintec. Because of all of the negative reviews, I was hesitant to try it. I didn't really see any dramatic results until the 7 month mark, my skin started clearing up more and more and in the 8th month I had CLEAR SKIN. Overall with clear skin, bigger boobs and no side effects, I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with Tri Sprintec!! If you're on the edge about taking this pill, give it a shot! You'll never know if you don't try, this could be your miracle!"

StarDust12384524 January 8, 2018

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "DON'T TAKE THIS ! I wish I read the reviews before taking this because everything is so true !"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2018

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): "I started taking Tri-Sprintec to clear up my acne. I’m 19 and in college and all I want right now is great skin. Tri-Sprintec has done the complete opposite for me. My acne is worse than its ever been before. I’ve only been on it for 2-3 months, but the only time my acne begins to clear up is during placebo week. It has been an extremely irritating experience. Not only has it caused terrible breakouts, but it also makes me feel heavier. It’s be a terrible experience. I would not recommend this pill to anyone."

bnp98 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2017