User Reviews for Comtan

Comtan has an average rating of 4.0 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings on Drugs.com. 50% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 50% reported a negative experience.

Parkinson's Disease

Arnold · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · February 16, 2020

For Parkinson's Disease "Sinemet 25/100 6 x daily 1 tabs with 100 mg Comtan 6 x daily with my Sinemet Not working well. Off times between medication 1.5 to 2 hours off times x 6 daily between medication. Experience bad nightmares Nauseous Involuntarily movements Muscle pain Stiffness Difficulty breathing Weak Low concentration span Can not see any positive results taking this medication "

mjbaz2002 · Taken for less than 1 month · June 17, 2017

For Parkinson's Disease "Didn't improve any symptoms. Side Effects: 1. It was messing up my stomach and starting to cause problems with my acid reflux 2. I had several episodes of feeling really anxious and my heart would race – on the verge of panic attack, maybe? 3. Very slight fear of the dark"

Stay hydrated... · Taken for less than 1 month · April 11, 2017

For Parkinson's Disease "I just started taking this drug about 3 weeks ago. The first week was a little rough and it leaves a funny taste in my mouth. However, now that I am getting used to it, I find it helpful. I can take less Carbidopa/Levodopa and has much smoother transition between end/begin of medication times. ONE THING I HAVE FOUND is the importance of staying hydrated. Dehydration is a side effect and it shows. If I don't watch it, I start feeling bad & symptoms flare up. After I drink a large glass of water, I start feeling better."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · October 11, 2021

"Comtan worked well on my restless leg syndrome. I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and I was able to sleep for seven hours straight. I never can do that with generic Sinemet because it wears off too soon. I wish I could get a prescription for it instead of just the samples given to me by a neurologist."

Bmp · April 11, 2012

For Parkinson's Disease "I take Sinemet 25/100 4 x daily 1 1/2 tabs with 100 mg Comtan 4 x daily with my Sinemet and it seems to work well for lessening my "wear off" periods but it does cost a lot."

Anonymous · June 8, 2010

For Parkinson's Disease "Terrible hallucinations!"

Shirley E. · April 28, 2008

For Parkinson's Disease "The medication is very good. Unfortunately it is expensive"