User Reviews for Emollients

Also known as: A-Mantle, Absorbase, AcidMantle, Acne-Aid, Albolene Moisturizing Cleanser, Aloe Vesta 2 -n- 1, Aloe Vesta Body Wash & Shampoo, Aloe Vesta Cleansing Foam, Aloe Vesta Cream, Aloe Vesta Perineal/Skin Cleanser, Aloe Vesta Protein Ointment, Aloe Vesta Skin Conditioner, AlphaSoft, AmeriCerin, Amerigel Barrier, Amerigel Care, AmeriPhor, AmeriStore, Aqua Glycolic, Aqua Lacten, Aqua Lube, Aqua Lube Plus, Aquabase, Aquaderm, Aquanil Lotion, Aquaphilic, Aquaphor, Aquaphor Healing, Aquaphor Healing for Baby, Atopiclair, Atrapro, Aurstat, Aurstat Anti-Itch, Aurstat Kit, Aveeno, Aveeno Active Naturals, Aveeno Daily Moisturizing, Aveeno Moisturizing Bar, AVO Cream, Avosil Scar Care, Baby Lotion, Baby Oil, Baby Oil Creamy, Baby Soap, Bag Balm, Balneol, Balneol Cleansing, Balneol for Her, Barri-Care, basis sensitive skin bar, basis vitamin bar, Baza Cleanse & Protect, Baza-Pro, Baza-Protect, Bedside-Care Perineal Wash, Beta Care, Betamide, Biafine, Biafine RE, Blistex Lip Balm, Blistex Lip Revitalizer, Bodi Bath & Shampoo, Bodi Care, Bodi Kleen Perineal Cleanser, Bodi Line Almond Skin Cleanser, Bodi Line Antiseptic, Bodi Line Hair and Body Shampoo, Bodi Lotion, Bodi Protect, Bodi Whirl Bath, Bodi Whirl Oil, BurnZone, Ca-Rezz, Cam, Cara-Klenz Spray, Cara-Klenz Wound Cleanser, Carb-O-Lan10, Carb-O-Lan20, Care-Creme, Carlesta, Carmex, Carmex Click-Stick, CarraKlenz, CarraKlenz Spray, CarraKlenz Wound Cleanser, Carrington, Carrington Foot and Body, Carrington Moisture Guard, Carrington Skin Balm, Cavilon Durable Barrier, Cavilon Emollient, Cavilon Foot Emollient, CC-500, CeraVe, CeraVe AM, CeraVe Facial Moisturizing, CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, CeraVe Therapeutic Hand, Ceta-Klenz, Cetaklenz, CetaKlenz Pump, Cetaphil Bar, Cetaphil Cleanser, Cetaphil Cream, Cetaphil Daily Advantage, Cetaphil Lotion, Cetaphil Restoraderm Moisturizer, Cetaphil Restoraderm Wash, ChafeZone, Chap Stick, Citraderm, Clinac OC, Complex-15, Concept, Constant Care Vaseline, CoolBottoms, Corn Huskers Lotion, Cream Base, Critic-Aid Clear, Curel Moisture Lotion, Curel Ultra Pro, Cutemol, DepthZone, Derma Soothe, Dermabase, DermaCerin, DermaDaily, Dermadrox, DermaFix, Dermagran, Dermagran GP, Dermal Therapy, Dermalab Cleansing Bar, Dermalab Conditioning Shampoo, Dermalab Lotion, Dermalab Skin Cleanser, Dermalab Skin Cream, Dermalab Soap, Dermalube, DermaPhor, Dermarest Rosacea, Dermasil Lotion, DermaSoft with Aloe, Desitin Clear, Diab, Diab Gel, Diabet-X Daily Prevention Therapy, DML Facial, DML Forte, DML Moisture Lotion, Dr Scholl's Essentials Cracked Skin Repair, Dr Smith's Rash-N-All, Durable Barr, Eletone, Elon Barrier Protectant, Elon Herbal Foot Cream, Elta, Elta Lite, Elta Seal Skin Protectant, Emulsion SB, EpiCeram, Epilyt, Esoterica Dry Skin, Eucerin, Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser, Eucerin Plus, Fattibase Ointment, Formula 405 Cream, Formula 405 Lotion, Formula 405 Soap, Formula Finger Skin Cream, Free & Clear, Gentle Cream, GentleWash Body Wash / Shampoo, Geri-Lav Free, Geri-Soft, Glycerin with Rose Water, Gold Bond Ultimate Healing, Gold Bond Ultimate Restoring, Gold Bond Ultimate Softening, Green Soap, GRx Rinse-Free, Herpecin-L, HPR Emollient, HPR Plus, HPRplus-MB HydroGel, Humatrix Microclysmic Treatment, Hydrated Petrolatum, Hydrisinol, Hydro-Lan Creme, Hydrocerin, Hydrocerin Plus, Hydrocream, Hydrolatum, Hydropel, Hydrophil Ointment, Hydrophor, Hydrophylic GRX, Hylatopic, Hylatopic Plus Aurstat, HylatopicPlus, HylatopicPlus Emollient Foam, Iamin Hydrating Gel, Ilex, Impruv, Ionax, Isagel, Jergens, Johnson's Baby Cream, K-Y Jelly, K-Y Sensual Mist, K-Y Silk-E Vaginal Moisturizer, K-Y Warming, Keri Advanced Therapy, Keri Lotion, Keri Original Therapy, Keri Sensitive Skin, Kerodex-51, Kerodex-71, Kinerase, Lamisilk Heel Balm, Lanaphilic, Lantiseptic, Lantiseptic Nourishing Skin Cream, Lazer Creme, Leader Finger Cream, Light Mineral Oil, Topical, Liqua-Gel, Little Bottoms Daily Care Spray, Loutrex, Loving Lather II, Loving Lotion, Lowila, Lubrex, Lubri-Gel, Lubri-Soft, Lubricating Jelly, Lubricating Lotion, Lubriderm, Lubriderm Daily Moisturizer, Lubriderm Lotion, Mammol, Masse, Maxilube, Mederma, Mederma for Kids, Medicine Shoppe Natural Cold Sore Cream, Miaderm Radiation Relief, MimyX, Moisture Magic, Moisturel, Moisturel Sensitive Skin, Moisturin, Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel, Mother's Friend, Natural Care Gel, Natural Ice, Nature's Wash Plus, Neosalus, Neoteric Diabetic, NeutrapHor, NeutrapHorus Rex, Neutrogena Acne Formula, Neutrogena Cleansing, Neutrogena Cleansing Wash, Neutrogena Cream, Neutrogena Lotion, Neutrogena Rainbath, Neutrogena Soap, Neutrogena Toner, Nivatopic Plus, Nivea, Normlgel, Normlshield, Nouriva Repair, Nu Soap, Nutraderm, Nutraderm Advanced Formula, Nutraderm-30, OC Eight, Ocean Nasal Moisturizer, OCEAN Ultra Moisturizing, Ocusoft, Oilatum Soap, Oilatum-AD, Ointment Base, Orabase Paste Plain, Orabase Soothe-N-Seal, Ostiderm, Pacquin, Pacquin Plus, Panthoderm Cream, Pen-Kera, Peri-Care, Peri-Wash, PeriClean, PeriScent Perineal Cleanser, Petro-phylic Soap, Phacid, Phisoderm, Phisoderm Cleansing Bar, Phisoderm Deep Cleaning Cream Cleanser, Phisoderm for Baby, Plastibase 50W, Polybase, Polysorb, PR Cream, Presera, Pretty Feet & Hands, Promiseb, Promiseb Complete, Proshield Foam & Spray Cleanser, Proshield Glove Skin Protectant, Proshield Plus, Proshield Plus Skin Protectant, Proshield Skincare Kit, PruClair, PruMyx, Prutect, PruVel, Puri-Clens, Purpose Cream, Purpose Lotion, Purpose Soap, RadiaCare, Radiaderm System, RadiaGel Hydrogel, Rash Relief Clear, Remedy 4-in-1 Body Cleanser, Remedy 4-in-1 Cleansing Lotion, Remedy Skin Repair, RepHresh, Replens, Restore Cleanser & Moisturizer, Restore Hydrogel, Restore Moisture Barrier, Restore Skin Conditioning Creme, Resurfix, Robathol, Sardo Bath, Sarna Lotion, Satin Therapeutic, Sayman Salve, Sayman Soap, SBR-Lipocream, Sea-Clens, Seba-Nil, Secura, Secura Dimethicone Protectant, Secura EPC, Secura Extra Protective, Secura Mosturizing, Secura Personal Cleanser, Secura Protective, Secura Two Step Kit, Sensi-Care, Sensi-Care Moisturizing Body, Sensi-Care Perineal/Skin Cleanser, Septi-Soft Concentrate, SFC, Shepards, Skin Care, Skin Magic, Soapreme, Soft Sense, Sonafine, Special Care, Special Care Moisture Barrier, Spectro Jel Skin Cleanser, Sproam Body Cleanser, St Ives Cucumber, Melon and Vitamin E, St Ives Hydrating Vitamin E, St Ives Restoring, St. Ives, SuperSoft, Surgilube, Sween Cream, Sween Prep, Techni-Care, Tetrix Cream, Thames Lotion, Thera Derm Bath, Thera-P, Therapeutic Bath, Theraplex Clear, Theraplex Hydro Lotion, Theraplex Lotion, TheraSeal Hand Protection, TL Triseb, TL-Cermide, TriDerma Diabetic Bruise Defense Healing, TriDerma Diabetic Dry Skin Defense Healing, TriDerma Diabetic Foot Defense Healing, TriDerma Diabetic Ulcer Defense Healing, Triple Cream, Tritles Lotion, Tropazone, Ultra Derm, Ultra-Klenz Wound Cleanser, Uni Derm, Unibase Ointment, Vagisil Feminine Moisturiser, Vanicream, Vanicream Cleansing Bar, Vanicream Lite, Vaniply, Vaseline Dermatology Formula, Vaseline Intensive Care, Velvachol, Vivatia, Wibi Lotion, Zanfel, Zenieva, Zenieva Cream and Cleanser …show all brand names

Dry Skin
6.2

Not Listed / Other
8.8

2 reviews
Summary of Emollients reviews 6.4 57 reviews

Reviews for Emollients

Neutrogena Soap (emollients) for Dry Skin: "Beware of Neutrogena French milled soap in hotels. This is not hypoallergenic! Massive skin rash requiring Benadryl and topical steroids for 2 days. Cannot find out what is in this but I’ve never had it happen with anything else."

Va (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

A-Mantle (emollients) for Dry Skin: "Have used it for 35 years for various skin issues. First time was when husband burned hands and it helped immensely with the healing process and scar reduction. We find it to be a good all round skin balancer. Recently, it was used to help heal red burning skin created by microderm abrasion on the face. It used to be used as a base of compounding topical prescription medicine."

Sadie March 17, 2018

Aveeno (emollients) for Dry Skin: "As another reviewer commented - softened my skin but ended up with a rash head to toe. Very disappointing"

Micky (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I have been stripping my skin w high end acids/RetinA/over-exfoliant for years. I was extremely dry and flaky. My skin started to react to any extreme temperature or touch. I stripped the barrier of my skin and it was always angry. My Derm gave me this for Dermatitis. It took a few weeks but all my issues have disappeared. I am afraid to use anything else. It isn’t greasy and at times I feel like I need more moisture. However, I resist adding anything more than this cream. I can’t find the reason why this is by Rx only though?!?!"

Momof3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

Promiseb (emollients) for : "I have had seborrheic dermatitis for years! Nothing helped. This product is incredible, I need nothing else to keep that ugly red scaling on my face at bay. My skin looks better than it did when I was 20! I love Promiseb !! It worked immediately!!"

Jo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2018

Blistex Lip Balm (emollients) for Dry Skin: "Had chapped lips the other night and couldn't find my EOS (what I usually use for lip balm) so I used the berry smoothie blistex. The next day my lips were still chapped so I found my eos and used that. Last night I used blistex and woke up with my lips extremely swollen, tingly, dry and red and they haven't gone down and it's been hours."

Alayjade February 11, 2018

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I have had outbreaks on the palms and between fingers over the past five years. It was painful and my skin would get quite raw at times. I tried over the counter creams and a cortisone cream prescribed by a dermatologist but nothing seemed to help. I started using the Epiceram cream prescribed by the same dermatologist and it took several days before I began to see results, but I can say that my hands are in better shape than they have been in years now. I am still cautious, using gloves when cleaning or washing dishes but I think that, although it has been a very slow, gradual process, there has been a significant improvement."

Gailslp (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2018

Aveeno (emollients) for Dry Skin: "After five hours my lips started to blister. I felt burning and itching. I thought I found a natural product for my sensitivity. Back to the drawing board"

Beblonde February 11, 2018

Blistex Lip Balm (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I bought this same lip balm Blistex Orange Mango Blast and my lips swelled up and now they are bumpy, scaly and burning!!! I have been putting plain vaseline on my lips because they are so dry and chapped, I believe it was this lip balm because I have had no other problems before using this product!!!"

tippy toppy February 1, 2018

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing (emollients) for Dry Skin: "My daughter tried this per her dermatologist. First 2 times it didn’t bother her except she thought another product for blackheads might be causing some stinging. Third time she used it (it was the only thing put on her face after showering with products she has used for years) went to class, and by 4-5 hours later she had horrible awful redness especially around and under her eyes, and it feels like a sunburn. Washed face, has splashed it several times, & waiting to see if an ER visit will be necessary. Wish I could post a pic of what this stuff caused- it is very scary & she is away at college. Thank God there is a roommate there who could help in an emergency. Internet research reveals quite a few irritation reactions and a number affecting eyes."

ReallyUpsetMom (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2018

K-Y Warming (emollients) for Dry Skin: "After using it this I got a skin allergy. This is the first for me. I got all tests for STDs and BV. And yeast all came out negative turns out it's a allergy from warming ky. So now I'm in pain with a ice pack between legs. Regretting using this"

Bamgurl January 11, 2018

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I have SEVERE contact dermatitis (CD) on my hands, and they had been dry - so dry that making a fist caused my fingers to split and bleed. CeraVe was suggested at first, but then I was prescribed Epiceram. The lotion worked well on the less severe areas, and I have had some healing after four weeks of use. However, my finger tips and two entire fingers have not improved at all. I believe this is because my condition is too severe for the lotion to do its job. For mild eczema or CD, I'm sure this will work - it does provide some relief. For me, however, it has not worked 100% - so it's getting a "middle of the road" rating."

Archie1980 December 19, 2017

Biafine (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I was dismissed after 35 radiation treatments on my left lower leg with a huge gaping wound. ( Severe radiation burn. About nine inches long, four inches wide and probably a half inch deep on top of left lower leg) The radiation doctor told me to put Aquaphor on the enormous wound. What a joke. Aquaphor did absolutely nothing to help the wound. (My leg had been treated after surgery to remove a sarcoma) Went straight home to my computer and looked up “heal radiation burns” on Amazon. Found Biafine immediately. It completely healed that big wound in one week. AMAZING."

BrendaJHuie44 (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2017

Blistex Lip Balm (emollients) for Dry Skin: "Two days ago I purchased a Blistex tube called orange mango blast. It smells great however has caused my lips to swell and burn. Normally I use the mint Blistex and never experience anything like this. Medicinal ingredients are different. Is that the cause of the swelling?"

murphysmom2shaw.ca (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2017

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I have been suffering pain/irritation/distraction where my eyeglasses touch my face for over a decade. Since I also have very severe dry eye syndrome, so my treatments have always focused on my eyes, out of desperation, I tried to treat my skin conditions instead since last year and tried different skin creams, including those with steroids, then came to Epiceram in May 2017. I have been using Epiceram since May, and my conditions have been improving every day, even though very slowly, understandably considering how bad and long my conditions are. I test my improvements by put my eyeglasses on and feel the level of pain and irritation under the nosepads, and Finally, yesterday, I began to wear glasses again...Amazing stuff"

JLLLL October 1, 2017

Jergens (emollients) for Dry Skin: "Used for 2 days and broke out on red bumpy rash all over my legs arms and shoulders. A week later still have bumps and redness. Have been treating it."

Arknitter (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2017

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I have suffered from eczema - especially on and around my eyelids, and rosacea all over my face for about 5 years now. (Started when I was about 35). If I sit next to a fire, my face gets hot and breaks out, if I am out in the cold, my face breaks out. My skin was dry and flaky, and felt like my face was chapped all the time. I was having to apply moisturizer 5-6 times a day. It was awful! I've been using Epiceram for 2 weeks, and my skin has been completely transformed! My skin is super smooth and hydrated, my eczema is totally gone. My face is not breaking out from heat/cold! My pore size looks smaller. This stuff is amazing! I wish I could take a bath in it!"

Doobug (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2017

Cetaphil Cleanser (emollients) for Dry Skin: "This is an amazing product, I use it on my whole body and face."

Carl's Girlfriend August 27, 2017

Eletone (emollients) for Dry Skin: "My four year old daughter has eczema. And we used it while her skin was for the most part clear and her face broke out with a rash, which she rarely gets a patch on her face but this was full blown all over her face. She looked like she was sun burned. And her eczema broke out all over her skin as usual but either the medicine did not work or it aggravated it more because this was her worst breakout ever. Redness everywhere in larger patches than usual and redder than usual. I had to go back to the steroid créeme to clear it off. How disappointing. I just tried it again last night and her face has broken out and gotten red over night."

Mpkp August 22, 2017

Carmex (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I've used Carmex for years. I've also used off-brand Carmex for years. I've used it for burns, (mild only), to keep the skin intact if it were to blister. I've used it on chapped lips, which is the indicated purpose of the medicated lip balm. I've not used it on dry skin, however I do use it on abrasions, cuts, scrapes, and even damage done in the hospital due to repeated needle sticks. It helps to heal the skin and keep scarring to a minimum. Mint is a natural anticeptic, meaning that, if the area is clean prior to application, you are basically set as far as preventing infection. I also use this on my daughter, and a few others. Carmex has kept me from some very uncomfortable situations with scrapes and scars."

Jadobaby (taken for 10 years or more) August 13, 2017

Jergens (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I bought the new Jerens Natural glow wetskin. Immediately the day after I broke out in hives, and rashes all over my body. I'm currently treating it and hopefully it goes away. This is day two and it still hasn't gone away. I read the ingredients on the back and it has a lot of toxic metals. Not good at all."

Lola101 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2017

DermaFix (emollients) for Dry Skin: "This is a scam! I was sent a trial and now they(?) send me $200.00 per month two one oz. bottles. There is a charge on my credit card at $200.00 per month! There is no return address! There is no invoice. When I first ordered there was no statement saying I was thereafter obligated to continue shipments of this product! Help, how do I return unopened product and get my money back? How do I get them to stop?"

Verdewoods (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I was using the eye cream and the face moisturizer within a few days my eyes and cheeks felt like they were on fire and they were red very red. I do not recommend this product."

Karenlv03 May 18, 2017

EpiCeram (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I think some folks may be confused about what this is supposed to do and the days it takes to do it. It restores your skin's own barrier to help heal and prevent a "break" = eczema and atopic dermatitis. You put it on first, then your prescription a few minutes later, if you need one. You use it for at least 2-4 weeks to strengthen your own skin from the damaged outer layer so it stops and prevents an active break(out). Almost nothing worked on me, including "shielding lotions." From their instructions: Should EpiCeram® be prescribed along with corticosteroids or a topical immunomodulator, it is recommended to apply EpiCeram® just a few minutes before applying steroids or topical immunomodulator to allow proper penetration."

Londoner (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

Aveeno (emollients) for Dry Skin: "I'm currently battling a severe case of eczema and Aveeno Sensitive Skin has been the only thing to help soothe my skin. It doesn't last for long but I've found that it works better than most other things I've tried, including prescription medications."

Great for Soothing (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2017