User Reviews for Emollients

Also known as: A-Mantle, Absorbase, AcidMantle, Acne-Aid, Albolene Moisturizing Cleanser, Aloe Vesta 2 -n- 1, Aloe Vesta Body Wash & Shampoo, Aloe Vesta Cleansing Foam, Aloe Vesta Cream, Aloe Vesta Perineal/Skin Cleanser, Aloe Vesta Protein Ointment, Aloe Vesta Skin Conditioner, AlphaSoft, AmeriCerin, Amerigel Barrier, ...show all 415 brand names

Learn more about Emollients.

Emollients Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 95 medications used in the treatment of Dry Skin.

Reviews for Emollients to treat Dry Skin

Albolene Moisturizing Cleanser (emollients): "My skin normally has a real bad experience when it comes to eczema. I found that Albolene has a eye makeup remover for eczema that really helps when my eye puff up and can't see as well. This not only is a problem because it looks bad and makes me self conscious, but because it also makes it hard to see things. When your eye puff up as bad as mine, sometimes you can't even see my pupils. This eye makeup remover that they just came out with not only takes off the makes up around my eyes well, but also reduces the effects of eczema. A moisturizing eye makeup remover like this one really has made it easier to deal with my condition and I recommend anyone who is going though this problem and have this issue to look into makeup cream removers."

Best against Eczema & Dry Skin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Cetaphil Cleanser (emollients): "I had severe swelling of the nasal passages, skin at edge of nostril cracking and eventually bleeding and severe sinus issues. It took me almost 8 months to determine what was causing my severe nasal issues, and I eventually discovered it was caused by cetaphil cleanser. Within 4 days of non use all of my condition began to clear up. I will never use it again."

Hhdd9 January 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Tetrix Cream (emollients): "I had ankle surgery and needed to use a walker for several months. My hands both started to become dry and cracked from contact with the walker. It became very painful and my dermatologist gave me a small sample of this medication. It worked wonders. I had been using regular lotions and oils but got no relief until I used the Tetrix. A few applications a day and I was no longer in pain after a few days. The skin on my palms is still dry now, but healing and the pain is gone. I highly recommend this. I've had no side effects."

Cindy1208 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Corn Huskers Lotion (emollients): "My hands were so dry from work and corn huskers lotion made them feel better almost immediately. Within days my hands were back to feeling normal."

TG100 November 11, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

EpiCeram (emollients): "Massive allergic reaction, looked like skin had been burned, has taken 5 days of hydrocortisone to calm down."

anonymouse33 July 14, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

DML Forte (emollients): "Your article is more confusing than helpful."

Anonymous July 12, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Amerigel Care (emollients): "Picked some up at a trade show and started to use it on my face for deep wrinkles due to my love of the sun every summer. Was actually amazed at the results. Not only smoothed out the wrinkles not totally but a lot it also reduces any age spots. 6 oz supply last a couple of months . I use it at night before I go to bed. It absorbs quickly and not a lot is needed."

Bcbcbcbc January 6, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Biafine (emollients): "Had 2nd degree burns on face from overheated, exploding coffee."

Wendy31850 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2015

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

EpiCeram (emollients): "I had an allergic reaction using Epiceram on my face just before bed. It stung, and I awoke with an itchy face and inflammation. I went back to using Aveeno to calm down my angry face."

Anonymous October 8, 2015

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

EpiCeram (emollients): "Our baby girl had eczema and the normal oat bath & moisturizing routine was not helping. We had to see a Pediatric Dermatologist who prescribed EpiCream for regular use and Hydrocortisone cream for the more stubborn instances. We were honestly sceptical about using EpiCream and did not think this overpriced product will help, but nevertheless gave it a try. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the product worked very well for our baby and the eczema almost disappeared within 48 hours of usage. I have to agree with the reviewer earlier who mentioned that the cream creates more of a stinging sensation for the baby than a tingling sensation as mentioned by the manufacturers. Happy to be proven wrong in this instance."

Satisfied_Dad (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2015

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

EpiCeram (emollients): "Does not work. Over the counter cortizone for eczema works better. This was an overpriced waste of money. Not only that, they have at the ready a list of nine reasons for not giving you the promised refund of any cost over $30. I got reason #6 which makes no sense, something about I filled the prescription within 25 days. Well...yes, of course, I did! What is your point?! In other words, you will not get a refund of any overage. Before paying the high price for this "product" try the popular cortisone brand from your neighborhood drug store for under ten dollars."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2015

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Aveeno (emollients): "improves the softness of your skin but caused a terrible rash, and itched like crazy."

TroyFlippo June 14, 2015

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

EpiCeram (emollients): "I have been an eczema sufferer all of my life. For the most part I am eczema-free now except for my eyelids and intermittent body flares. I had been using Protopic which worked very well except I had a sensitivity to an inactive ingredient which caused large cysts on my eyebrow area which were painful. I was given trial samples of EpiCeram to use. Quite honestly, I do not find it helpful. The Protopic would clear my skin in 1-2 applications (along with the steroids for my body) whereas EpiCeram I would apply twice a day for an entire week and saw no improvement. In fact, I had a rash on my chest that I was applying the EpiCeram to and it seemed to make it worse.Used it on my face and broke out with small pimples and blotchy."

Khoupat (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

EpiCeram (emollients): "My hands and fingers were raw with extremely painful cracks. Within 3 days of using Epiceram the healing process began."

Sunbink April 13, 2015

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Biafine (emollients): "Biafine was awesome at treating my dry skin areas of my elbows, knees, and feet. I live in an area where it is cold most of the time and my skin gets super dry in the winter. Biafine treated the dryness and helped my skin heal up good."

no more dry skin (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Bag Balm (emollients): "My grandson had a severe diaper rash. Well his boom boom was severely irritated from him having watery bowel movements for months. I would clear it up n it would come back. Soon as i applied it he was all smiles n back to being busy. Prior my daughter read the can rather than Googling its uses. I came in from work laid my grandson down n told her to hold his arms while i applied the bag balm. It's like he knew what it was going to do No scratching no grabbing at his secret area. This stuff is a true life saver. So whoever made the recommendation God Bless you."

Malikka (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2015

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Biafine (emollients): "I used it during radiation therapy. It was wonderful. Prevented burn, was not greasy and absorbed so quickly into the skin could dress right after application without ruining clothes."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2014

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser (emollients): "Used it for 2 days: itching, redness that turned to burning rash. Suspect it is the glycerin. May be soy derived. "

siriusalien (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2014

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

EpiCeram (emollients): "Have suffered from eczema all over face, neck, upper body. Nothing worked, and I had to moisturize every 15-30 mins throughout the day. 2 yrs ago, I stopped using topical steroids and had a serious rebound effect of worsening eczema. Since then, it's been manageable, but has never improved. I've tried changing my diet, going organic, different moisturizers, bleach baths, Bactroban, etc. It was hard to get the prescription as this is a product that not many Drs are familiar with. In 2 weeks, I almost finished the 90g tube, but my skin improved so much! My face is baby-smooth. I could go for 8 hrs without moisturizer! I finally have hope again. It still itches, but the skin quality has drastically improved. No side effects. And no more steroids!"

FinallyHope (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2014

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing (emollients): "Used CeraVe moisturizer lotion on face and neck. Within 20 minutes skin extremely red and burning. I believe the ingredient "niacinamide" is the culprit. I have used retinoids for years without any problems."

mltb January 25, 2014

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Cetaphil Lotion (emollients): "I have acne and dry skin, my dermatologist suggested using Cetaphil Lotion, but it makes my skin burn and get red, and my dry skin gets worse."

Ana_BC (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2013

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

EpiCeram (emollients): "My partner has suffered from severe facial eczema for the past few years, far worse than she had ever experienced before. We tried everything, from dietary interventions to Elidel to various steroids. We were truly growing quite desperate, as the eczema was so severe it was limiting my partner's ability to go out, work, or even smile and laugh. EpiCeram has completely turned her condition around, to the point where the facial eczema is almost totally eliminated. The results were FAR beyond what I even dared hope for."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2013

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Biafine (emollients): "I got a tattoo on my lower leg. An area of it that was directly over my shin bone became an open wound after the skin peeled off. My derm gave me samples of Biafine and told me to apply it twice daily. I am amazed at the healing after only 3 days of application! The cream soothes the pain and promotes healing rapidly! I think whoever invented it should receive an award as I have never had such a rapid and significant response to a medication. I highly recommend it.....ask your derm about it. ( P.S.- I am an RN with 35 years of experience.)"

adriennebowman (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2012

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Biafine (emollients): "I had two facial skin biopsies performed by a dermatologist who gave me several packets of Polysporin to aid in wound healing. I had a horrible reaction to this salve (itching, redness, draining). I went back to this doctor who looked at the wounds and told me I had an allergic reaction, discontinue it, and substitute with Vaseline. After several days of using Vaseline this also didn't help at all, I went to another dermatologist who examined my wounds and gave me two sample tubes of Biafine. Within two days I was sooooooooo much better. Redness, itching and wound weeping were down considerably. I firmly believe that if I had Biafine right away, I would not have suffered as I did."

glorya14 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2012

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

EpiCeram (emollients): "Epi-ceram cream is amazing for eczema! The same day I applied the cream I noticed and felt a difference within a few hours. Two days later the eczema on my eye lids and around my mouth were clear. I use the cream sparingly and it works better than ANY other prescription. My insurance didn't cover it but I'm so glad I took a chance and paid for it. It was well worth the $$. Hopefully it will soon be available over the counter!"

Anonymous January 14, 2012