User Reviews for Emollients

Also known as: A-Mantle, Absorbase, AcidMantle, Acne-Aid, Albolene Moisturizing Cleanser, Aloe Vesta 2 -n- 1, Aloe Vesta Body Wash & Shampoo, Aloe Vesta Cleansing Foam, Aloe Vesta Cream, Aloe Vesta Perineal/Skin Cleanser, Aloe Vesta Protein Ointment, Aloe Vesta Skin Conditioner, AlphaSoft, AmeriCerin, Amerigel Barrier, Amerigel Care, AmeriPhor, AmeriStore, Aqua Glycolic, Aqua Lacten, Aqua Lube, Aqua Lube Plus, Aquabase, Aquaderm, Aquanil Lotion, Aquaphilic, Aquaphor, Aquaphor Healing, Aquaphor Healing for Baby, Atopiclair, Atrapro, Aurstat, Aurstat Anti-Itch, Aurstat Kit, Aveeno, Aveeno Active Naturals, Aveeno Daily Moisturizing, Aveeno Moisturizing Bar, AVO Cream, Avosil Scar Care, Baby Lotion, Baby Oil, Baby Oil Creamy, Baby Soap, Bag Balm, Balneol, Balneol Cleansing, Balneol for Her, Barri-Care, basis sensitive skin bar, basis vitamin bar, Baza Cleanse & Protect, Baza-Pro, Baza-Protect, Bedside-Care Perineal Wash, Beta Care, Betamide, Biafine, Biafine RE, Blistex Lip Balm, Blistex Lip Revitalizer, Bodi Bath & Shampoo, Bodi Care, Bodi Kleen Perineal Cleanser, Bodi Line Almond Skin Cleanser, Bodi Line Antiseptic, Bodi Line Hair and Body Shampoo, Bodi Lotion, Bodi Protect, Bodi Whirl Bath, Bodi Whirl Oil, BurnZone, Ca-Rezz, Cam, Cara-Klenz Spray, Cara-Klenz Wound Cleanser, Carb-O-Lan10, Carb-O-Lan20, Care-Creme, Carlesta, Carmex, Carmex Click-Stick, CarraKlenz, CarraKlenz Spray, CarraKlenz Wound Cleanser, Carrington, Carrington Foot and Body, Carrington Moisture Guard, Carrington Skin Balm, Cavilon Durable Barrier, Cavilon Emollient, Cavilon Foot Emollient, CC-500, CeraVe, CeraVe AM, CeraVe Facial Moisturizing, CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, CeraVe Therapeutic Hand, Ceta-Klenz, Cetaklenz, CetaKlenz Pump, Cetaphil Bar, Cetaphil Cleanser, Cetaphil Cream, Cetaphil Daily Advantage, Cetaphil Lotion, Cetaphil Restoraderm Moisturizer, Cetaphil Restoraderm Wash, ChafeZone, Chap Stick, Citraderm, Clinac OC, Complex-15, Concept, Constant Care Vaseline, CoolBottoms, Corn Huskers Lotion, Cream Base, Critic-Aid Clear, Curel Moisture Lotion, Curel Ultra Pro, Cutemol, DepthZone, Derma Soothe, Dermabase, DermaCerin, DermaDaily, Dermadrox, DermaFix, Dermagran, Dermagran GP, Dermal Therapy, Dermalab Cleansing Bar, Dermalab Conditioning Shampoo, Dermalab Lotion, Dermalab Skin Cleanser, Dermalab Skin Cream, Dermalab Soap, Dermalube, DermaPhor, Dermarest Rosacea, Dermasil Lotion, DermaSoft with Aloe, Desitin Clear, Diab, Diab Gel, Diabet-X Daily Prevention Therapy, DML Facial, DML Forte, DML Moisture Lotion, Dr Scholl's Essentials Cracked Skin Repair, Dr Smith's Rash-N-All, Durable Barr, Eletone, Elon Barrier Protectant, Elon Herbal Foot Cream, Elta, Elta Lite, Elta Seal Skin Protectant, Emulsion SB, EpiCeram, Epilyt, Esoterica Dry Skin, Eucerin, Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser, Eucerin Plus, Fattibase Ointment, Formula 405 Cream, Formula 405 Lotion, Formula 405 Soap, Formula Finger Skin Cream, Free & Clear, Gentle Cream, GentleWash Body Wash / Shampoo, Geri-Lav Free, Geri-Soft, Glycerin with Rose Water, Gold Bond Ultimate Healing, Gold Bond Ultimate Restoring, Gold Bond Ultimate Softening, Green Soap, GRx Rinse-Free, Herpecin-L, HPR Emollient, HPR Plus, HPRplus-MB HydroGel, Humatrix Microclysmic Treatment, Hydrated Petrolatum, Hydrisinol, Hydro-Lan Creme, Hydrocerin, Hydrocerin Plus, Hydrocream, Hydrolatum, Hydropel, Hydrophil Ointment, Hydrophor, Hydrophylic GRX, Hylatopic, Hylatopic Plus Aurstat, HylatopicPlus, HylatopicPlus Emollient Foam, Iamin Hydrating Gel, Ilex, Impruv, Ionax, Isagel, Jergens, Johnson's Baby Cream, K-Y Jelly, K-Y Sensual Mist, K-Y Silk-E Vaginal Moisturizer, K-Y Warming, Keri Advanced Therapy, Keri Lotion, Keri Original Therapy, Keri Sensitive Skin, Kerodex-51, Kerodex-71, Kinerase, Lamisilk Heel Balm, Lanaphilic, Lantiseptic, Lantiseptic Nourishing Skin Cream, Lazer Creme, Leader Finger Cream, Light Mineral Oil, Topical, Liqua-Gel, Little Bottoms Daily Care Spray, Loutrex, Loving Lather II, Loving Lotion, Lowila, Lubrex, Lubri-Gel, Lubri-Soft, Lubricating Jelly, Lubricating Lotion, Lubriderm, Lubriderm Daily Moisturizer, Lubriderm Lotion, Mammol, Masse, Maxilube, Mederma, Mederma for Kids, Medicine Shoppe Natural Cold Sore Cream, Miaderm Radiation Relief, MimyX, Moisture Magic, Moisturel, Moisturel Sensitive Skin, Moisturin, Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel, Mother's Friend, Natural Care Gel, Natural Ice, Nature's Wash Plus, Neosalus, Neoteric Diabetic, NeutrapHor, NeutrapHorus Rex, Neutrogena Acne Formula, Neutrogena Cleansing, Neutrogena Cleansing Wash, Neutrogena Cream, Neutrogena Lotion, Neutrogena Rainbath, Neutrogena Soap, Neutrogena Toner, Nivatopic Plus, Nivea, Normlgel, Normlshield, Nouriva Repair, Nu Soap, Nutraderm, Nutraderm Advanced Formula, Nutraderm-30, OC Eight, Ocean Nasal Moisturizer, OCEAN Ultra Moisturizing, Ocusoft, Oilatum Soap, Oilatum-AD, Ointment Base, Orabase Paste Plain, Orabase Soothe-N-Seal, Ostiderm, Pacquin, Pacquin Plus, Panthoderm Cream, Pen-Kera, Peri-Care, Peri-Wash, PeriClean, PeriScent Perineal Cleanser, Petro-phylic Soap, Phacid, Phisoderm, Phisoderm Cleansing Bar, Phisoderm Deep Cleaning Cream Cleanser, Phisoderm for Baby, Plastibase 50W, Polybase, Polysorb, PR Cream, Presera, Pretty Feet & Hands, Promiseb, Promiseb Complete, Proshield Foam & Spray Cleanser, Proshield Glove Skin Protectant, Proshield Plus, Proshield Plus Skin Protectant, Proshield Skincare Kit, PruClair, PruMyx, Prutect, PruVel, Puri-Clens, Purpose Cream, Purpose Lotion, Purpose Soap, RadiaCare, Radiaderm System, RadiaGel Hydrogel, Rash Relief Clear, Remedy 4-in-1 Body Cleanser, Remedy 4-in-1 Cleansing Lotion, Remedy Skin Repair, RepHresh, Replens, Restore Cleanser & Moisturizer, Restore Hydrogel, Restore Moisture Barrier, Restore Skin Conditioning Creme, Resurfix, Robathol, Sardo Bath, Sarna Lotion, Satin Therapeutic, Sayman Salve, Sayman Soap, SBR-Lipocream, Sea-Clens, Seba-Nil, Secura, Secura Dimethicone Protectant, Secura EPC, Secura Extra Protective, Secura Mosturizing, Secura Personal Cleanser, Secura Protective, Secura Two Step Kit, Sensi-Care, Sensi-Care Moisturizing Body, Sensi-Care Perineal/Skin Cleanser, Septi-Soft Concentrate, SFC, Shepards, Skin Care, Skin Magic, Soapreme, Soft Sense, Sonafine, Special Care, Special Care Moisture Barrier, Spectro Jel Skin Cleanser, Sproam Body Cleanser, St Ives Cucumber, Melon and Vitamin E, St Ives Hydrating Vitamin E, St Ives Restoring, St. Ives, SuperSoft, Surgilube, Sween Cream, Sween Prep, Techni-Care, Tetrix Cream, Thames Lotion, Thera Derm Bath, Thera-P, Therapeutic Bath, Theraplex Clear, Theraplex Hydro Lotion, Theraplex Lotion, TheraSeal Hand Protection, TL Triseb, TL-Cermide, TriDerma Diabetic Bruise Defense Healing, TriDerma Diabetic Dry Skin Defense Healing, TriDerma Diabetic Foot Defense Healing, TriDerma Diabetic Ulcer Defense Healing, Triple Cream, Tritles Lotion, Tropazone, Ultra Derm, Ultra-Klenz Wound Cleanser, Uni Derm, Unibase Ointment, Vagisil Feminine Moisturiser, Vanicream, Vanicream Cleansing Bar, Vanicream Lite, Vaniply, Vaseline Dermatology Formula, Vaseline Intensive Care, Velvachol, Vivatia, Wibi Lotion, Zanfel, Zenieva, Zenieva Cream and Cleanser …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Emollients.

Emollients Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 123 medications used in the treatment of Dry Skin.

Reviews for Emollients to treat Dry Skin

Biafine (emollients): "I was dismissed after 35 radiation treatments on my left lower leg with a huge gaping wound. ( Severe radiation burn. About nine inches long, four inches wide and probably a half inch deep on top of left lower leg) The radiation doctor told me to put Aquaphor on the enormous wound. What a joke. Aquaphor did absolutely nothing to help the wound. (My leg had been treated after surgery to remove a sarcoma) Went straight home to my computer and looked up “heal radiation burns” on Amazon. Found Biafine immediately. It completely healed that big wound in one week. AMAZING."

BrendaJHuie44 (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Blistex Lip Balm (emollients): "Two days ago I purchased a Blistex tube called orange mango blast. It smells great however has caused my lips to swell and burn. Normally I use the mint Blistex and never experience anything like this. Medicinal ingredients are different. Is that the cause of the swelling?"

murphysmom2shaw.ca (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

EpiCeram (emollients): "I have been suffering pain/irritation/distraction where my eyeglasses touch my face for over a decade. Since I also have very severe dry eye syndrome, so my treatments have always focused on my eyes, out of desperation, I tried to treat my skin conditions instead since last year and tried different skin creams, including those with steroids, then came to Epiceram in May 2017. I have been using Epiceram since May, and my conditions have been improving every day, even though very slowly, understandably considering how bad and long my conditions are. I test my improvements by put my eyeglasses on and feel the level of pain and irritation under the nosepads, and Finally, yesterday, I began to wear glasses again...Amazing stuff"

JLLLL October 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jergens (emollients): "Used for 2 days and broke out on red bumpy rash all over my legs arms and shoulders. A week later still have bumps and redness. Have been treating it."

Arknitter (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

EpiCeram (emollients): "I have suffered from eczema - especially on and around my eyelids, and rosacea all over my face for about 5 years now. (Started when I was about 35). If I sit next to a fire, my face gets hot and breaks out, if I am out in the cold, my face breaks out. My skin was dry and flaky, and felt like my face was chapped all the time. I was having to apply moisturizer 5-6 times a day. It was awful! I've been using Epiceram for 2 weeks, and my skin has been completely transformed! My skin is super smooth and hydrated, my eczema is totally gone. My face is not breaking out from heat/cold! My pore size looks smaller. This stuff is amazing! I wish I could take a bath in it!"

Doobug (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cetaphil Cleanser (emollients): "This is an amazing product, I use it on my whole body and face."

Carl's Girlfriend August 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Eletone (emollients): "My four year old daughter has eczema. And we used it while her skin was for the most part clear and her face broke out with a rash, which she rarely gets a patch on her face but this was full blown all over her face. She looked like she was sun burned. And her eczema broke out all over her skin as usual but either the medicine did not work or it aggravated it more because this was her worst breakout ever. Redness everywhere in larger patches than usual and redder than usual. I had to go back to the steroid créeme to clear it off. How disappointing. I just tried it again last night and her face has broken out and gotten red over night."

Mpkp August 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Carmex (emollients): "I've used Carmex for years. I've also used off-brand Carmex for years. I've used it for burns, (mild only), to keep the skin intact if it were to blister. I've used it on chapped lips, which is the indicated purpose of the medicated lip balm. I've not used it on dry skin, however I do use it on abrasions, cuts, scrapes, and even damage done in the hospital due to repeated needle sticks. It helps to heal the skin and keep scarring to a minimum. Mint is a natural anticeptic, meaning that, if the area is clean prior to application, you are basically set as far as preventing infection. I also use this on my daughter, and a few others. Carmex has kept me from some very uncomfortable situations with scrapes and scars."

Jadobaby (taken for 10 years or more) August 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Jergens (emollients): "I bought the new Jerens Natural glow wetskin. Immediately the day after I broke out in hives, and rashes all over my body. I'm currently treating it and hopefully it goes away. This is day two and it still hasn't gone away. I read the ingredients on the back and it has a lot of toxic metals. Not good at all."

Lola101 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

DermaFix (emollients): "This is a scam! I was sent a trial and now they(?) send me $200.00 per month two one oz. bottles. There is a charge on my credit card at $200.00 per month! There is no return address! There is no invoice. When I first ordered there was no statement saying I was thereafter obligated to continue shipments of this product! Help, how do I return unopened product and get my money back? How do I get them to stop?"

Verdewoods (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing (emollients): "I was using the eye cream and the face moisturizer within a few days my eyes and cheeks felt like they were on fire and they were red very red. I do not recommend this product."

Karenlv03 May 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

EpiCeram (emollients): "I think some folks may be confused about what this is supposed to do and the days it takes to do it. It restores your skin's own barrier to help heal and prevent a "break" = eczema and atopic dermatitis. You put it on first, then your prescription a few minutes later, if you need one. You use it for at least 2-4 weeks to strengthen your own skin from the damaged outer layer so it stops and prevents an active break(out). Almost nothing worked on me, including "shielding lotions." From their instructions: Should EpiCeram® be prescribed along with corticosteroids or a topical immunomodulator, it is recommended to apply EpiCeram® just a few minutes before applying steroids or topical immunomodulator to allow proper penetration."

Londoner (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aveeno (emollients): "I'm currently battling a severe case of eczema and Aveeno Sensitive Skin has been the only thing to help soothe my skin. It doesn't last for long but I've found that it works better than most other things I've tried, including prescription medications."

Great for Soothing (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Albolene Moisturizing Cleanser (emollients): "My skin normally has a real bad experience when it comes to eczema. I found that Albolene has a eye makeup remover for eczema that really helps when my eye puff up and can't see as well. This not only is a problem because it looks bad and makes me self conscious, but because it also makes it hard to see things. When your eye puff up as bad as mine, sometimes you can't even see my pupils. This eye makeup remover that they just came out with not only takes off the makes up around my eyes well, but also reduces the effects of eczema. A moisturizing eye makeup remover like this one really has made it easier to deal with my condition and I recommend anyone who is going though this problem and have this issue to look into makeup cream removers."

Best against Eczema & Dry Skin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cetaphil Cleanser (emollients): "I had severe swelling of the nasal passages, skin at edge of nostril cracking and eventually bleeding and severe sinus issues. It took me almost 8 months to determine what was causing my severe nasal issues, and I eventually discovered it was caused by cetaphil cleanser. Within 4 days of non use all of my condition began to clear up. I will never use it again."

Hhdd9 January 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tetrix Cream (emollients): "I had ankle surgery and needed to use a walker for several months. My hands both started to become dry and cracked from contact with the walker. It became very painful and my dermatologist gave me a small sample of this medication. It worked wonders. I had been using regular lotions and oils but got no relief until I used the Tetrix. A few applications a day and I was no longer in pain after a few days. The skin on my palms is still dry now, but healing and the pain is gone. I highly recommend this. I've had no side effects."

Cindy1208 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Corn Huskers Lotion (emollients): "My hands were so dry from work and corn huskers lotion made them feel better almost immediately. Within days my hands were back to feeling normal."

TG100 November 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

EpiCeram (emollients): "Massive allergic reaction, looked like skin had been burned, has taken 5 days of hydrocortisone to calm down."

anonymouse33 July 14, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

DML Forte (emollients): "Your article is more confusing than helpful."

Anonymous July 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Amerigel Care (emollients): "Picked some up at a trade show and started to use it on my face for deep wrinkles due to my love of the sun every summer. Was actually amazed at the results. Not only smoothed out the wrinkles not totally but a lot it also reduces any age spots. 6 oz supply last a couple of months . I use it at night before I go to bed. It absorbs quickly and not a lot is needed."

Bcbcbcbc January 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Biafine (emollients): "Had 2nd degree burns on face from overheated, exploding coffee."

Wendy31850 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

EpiCeram (emollients): "I had an allergic reaction using Epiceram on my face just before bed. It stung, and I awoke with an itchy face and inflammation. I went back to using Aveeno to calm down my angry face."

Anonymous October 8, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

EpiCeram (emollients): "Our baby girl had eczema and the normal oat bath & moisturizing routine was not helping. We had to see a Pediatric Dermatologist who prescribed EpiCream for regular use and Hydrocortisone cream for the more stubborn instances. We were honestly sceptical about using EpiCream and did not think this overpriced product will help, but nevertheless gave it a try. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the product worked very well for our baby and the eczema almost disappeared within 48 hours of usage. I have to agree with the reviewer earlier who mentioned that the cream creates more of a stinging sensation for the baby than a tingling sensation as mentioned by the manufacturers. Happy to be proven wrong in this instance."

Satisfied_Dad (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

EpiCeram (emollients): "Does not work. Over the counter cortizone for eczema works better. This was an overpriced waste of money. Not only that, they have at the ready a list of nine reasons for not giving you the promised refund of any cost over $30. I got reason #6 which makes no sense, something about I filled the prescription within 25 days. Well...yes, of course, I did! What is your point?! In other words, you will not get a refund of any overage. Before paying the high price for this "product" try the popular cortisone brand from your neighborhood drug store for under ten dollars."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aveeno (emollients): "improves the softness of your skin but caused a terrible rash, and itched like crazy."

TroyFlippo June 14, 2015