User Reviews for Trikafta

Cystic Fibrosis

amurtagh February 5, 2020

For Cystic Fibrosis: “I am 42 yrs old with Cystic Fibrosis GENES: F508 & G542X (78% FEV1 pre-Trikafta) This drug is a GENE modifier, it's amazing! I haven't coughed in 2 months, it's like a dream! With that said, after about a week on Trikafta (although not coughing), I had shortness of breath & leg swelling. I've never had either of these symptoms prior to Trikafta. After an ER visit, they said I had Anemia ~ and very close to needing a BLOOD TRANSFUSION. I previously had a mild case of anemia but NEVER w/shortness of breath/ leg swelling, or sheer exhaustion. Digging further, I know of 2 other CF patients that have experienced leg swelling/anemia since Trikafta. After taking IRON, my symptoms went away EXCEPT my legs still swell. I also called VERTEX to report it. Also, just an FYI... you COULD GET PREGNANT. Trikafta also could cause your reproductive system to operate more efficiently...SO BE CAREFUL ~ this may be a blessing for some wanting kids but it could be a disaster for others.”