User Reviews for Droxidopa to treat Hypotension

Also known as: Northera

Alicia December 8, 2020

Northera (droxidopa): “My husband took Northera for three days for hypotension, experienced severe side effects of akinesia - standing, sitting, moving like a zombie. He tried it a second time with same effect. His doctor says she does not believe the medication caused that effect. Not sure why, when FDA approved use of this drug with only a two-week efficacy trial. Nowhere have I been able to find positive or negative patient reviews of this drug. His light-headedness is so bad he can hardly stand, can't read, watch TV or barely get by during the day. And BTW, the pharma adverse events person was not friendly or forthcoming with any information when I called them. The FDA has such a byzantine database that I gave up after being told to check for information under the Freedom of Information Act. Really? Classified information on a drug? Whew.”

Bear · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2019

Northera (droxidopa): “I’ve not taken this medication because it’s so expensive”

KWS · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 9, 2018

“I have been taking the medication northera now for about 3- years. Has definitely kept me out of the hospital so much. Haven't had a episode of syncope or OHP in almost 2 years. Only problem is it's not affordable and you must find a organization to give a grant to pay the copay. At this time for 2018 I haven't been able to find any help. So I'm definitely concerned as to what will happen to me when I have to stop taking it!!”

Learn more about Hypotension