User Reviews for Doxy-Caps
The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care.
Reviews for Doxy-Caps
For Rosacea "I was just living with my rosacea but went to my opthomologist because of a chalazion (a cyst caused by a plugged oil duct on the inside of my upper eyelid). She performed a procedure in her office to drain the chalazion and prescribed Doxy to thin my oil secretions. In a day or two, little plugs of hard oil were actually coming out of my pores. My skin became clear and soft. The dryness in my eyes was gone. I too have dealt with the nausea but learned early on to eat some crackers or small snack just before I take it. I took 2 - 100 mg tablets a day for 5 days (she called this a "loading dose") then 1 tablet per day after that. I would rate this medicine a 10 except that there are dietary and other drug restrictions going with it."
Janeb52 February 17, 2011
27 users found this comment helpful.
Learn more about
Micromedex® Care Notes
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Kidney Infection
- Nonspecific Urethritis In Men
- Ovarian Abscess
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases In Adolescents
- Urinary Tract Infection In Children
- Urinary Tract Infection In Men
- Urinary Tract Infection In Women
Drugs.com Health Center
- Alcohol and Antibiotics
- Antibiotic Resistance
- Antibiotics - Common Side Effects, Allergies and Reactions
- Antibiotic Shortages: A Serious Safety Concern
- Antibiotics and Birth Control Pill Interactions
- Why Don’t Antibiotics Kill Viruses?
- Anticholinergic Drugs to Avoid in the Elderly
- Antibiotics for UTI Treatment
More about Doxy-Caps (doxycycline)
- Doxy-Caps Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- 1 Review
- Drug class: miscellaneous antimalarials