User Reviews for Diethylpropion to treat Obesity

Diethylpropion has an average rating of 8.7 out of 10 from a total of 145 ratings for the treatment of Obesity. 86% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 8% reported a negative effect.

Diethylpropion Rating Summary

8.7/10 average rating

Compare all 40 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Diethylpropion

CEA · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2018

Tenuate (diethylpropion): “I have been taking Tenuate 75 mg for two months and have lost 20 lbs. Unlike other meds I have tried, this one doesn’t keep me up at night, I don’t have the jitters and I don’t obsess about food. It’s a great appetite suppressant!”

quinnbee · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2021

Tenuate Dospan (diethylpropion): “I've been taking tenuate dospan for a little less than a month. Lost 16lbs so far! No side effects to speak of. The only thing I notice is if I do eat a meal with more fat than usual I have some diarrhea but honestly that's it. Working great for me so far. I take 75 mg once a day mid morning.”

Oasis18 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2021

“My Kaiser physician prescribed diethylpropion on May 18 2021. In 37 days , I have lost 31 pounds. My knee pain has almost completely disappeared! I am more than thrilled at the result and wonder why this was not prescribed to me years ago as I have struggled with my weight for twenty years. The only side effect I felt was in the first week. I felt a little amped up. It has not effected my sleep at all. I still take a 4pm nap and have no trouble sleeping at night. I make meal plan every day of around 1500 calories and find it so easy to follow now that my appetite is suppressed. I still have 45 lbs more to lose but I am confident I will get there by the end of this summer with the help of diethylpropion.”

Informative · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2019

“diethylpropion ER 75mg Tab LAN. First week I lost 14 lbs no exercise . I’d have a fruit cup a day that week. It makes me thirsty so I drink water. The flavor of food sometimes had an odd taste. I would eat about 4 bites and it was by force. Taking this medication I went from 260lb -217lb in about 4 months and was with no exercise at all. I don’t live an active lifestyle. In the beginning it did make my stool softer. I stopped using the medication for two months and stress ate I gained 10lbs so I’m back on the medication and in 24 hours I lost a little over a lb. this time around I’ll be walking and only consuming small portions of food and having breakfast essential drink (220cal/serving) in the morning and it makes me super full. Anyways this pill helps greatly but in real life moderation is key. We can have what we love just not in excess. I also suggest lose 10Lbs more than your goal bc our weight of course fluctuates and this will allow for stressful times or holidays lol”

Beccatpd · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2014

Tenuate (diethylpropion): “I have been on Tenuate 75 mgs. for 1 week and I have lost 11 lbs. I have increase energy, it curbs my appetite, and little to no side effects. I am hoping with the medication and learning a new life style change of eating that I can finally get to the point where I am not obese.”

Beehive4 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 15, 2014

Tenuate (diethylpropion): “I took Tenuate 25mg 5 years ago for 6 months and lost 55 pounds. After hurting my foot and not being able to exercise I gained back most of the weight over a five year period. My doctor gave it to me again in May of 2013 and I have lost 45 pounds. I weaned myself off of it and am maintaining my weight now with diet and exercise. I love my doctor for suggesting this for "women my age" (40s)!! It works great!!”

123Seve April 30, 2014

Tenuate (diethylpropion): “I was over weight and prediabetic. I have been on Tenuate 75mg since January 1, 2014. I was about 157 and have lost 16.4 pounds. I have substantially cut down on my food intake. This medicine suppresses my urges to overeat. I now eat small portions easily with less desire for sweets. I have cut down on my sugar and carbs. My doctor said I had to lose weight because my blood sugar was in a prediabetic range. I feel this medicine has been wonderful and effective! I am very pleased and delighted since I was having difficulty taking the weight off. I hope this is helpful to others.”

Thickandcurvy15 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 21, 2013

Tenuate (diethylpropion): “Hi, everyone I wanted to wait until I finish the entire bottle, before I came and did a review. So I went to my doctor who is awesome and she put me on Tenuate. My starting weight was 210 lbs, I started my first pill on May 24, 2013. I will be honest in my review. I started the week off strong eating right, exercising twice a day, making sure I stay within my 1200 calories daily. The exercises I did was walking and fitness blender. I made sure I drank plenty of water and the first week I lost 6.2 lbs. I was so excited and that push me to keep going that second week I lost 3 lbs and third week I lost 3lbs and so forth. As of now I'm 195.8lbs. I love this pill.”

Anonymous April 16, 2008

Tenuate (diethylpropion): “I have been on Tenuate for three months and along with a healthy low carb diet, I have lost 22 pounds. I asked the Doctor for a prescription with little to no side effects. This medication has succeeded. ”

Rajun Cajun · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2013

Tenuate (diethylpropion): “Tenuate is the best. After having my second child in April 2012 I blew up to a whopping 300 pounds. In October of 2012 I went to my doctor and he tried me on Tenuate for 1 month. This was the best decision ever. Tenuate not only controlled my appetite, it helped me eat smaller portion. I had a 30 day supply and made it last for 2 months. By December I went down to 280lbs. In January I started counting my calories on my own without the help of pills and its mid February now I'm down to 250. Tenuate showed me how I should eat and it may have "shrunk" my stomach. I also walk a mile every day, which helped speed up my weight loss process. If I can do it, you can too. Good Luck.”

Determine79 · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2021

“I have been taking diethylpropion 75 mg for 2 weeks and one day and I have lost 14 pounds. It gives me lots of energy and cut my cravings for snacks. I weighted 265 pounds when I started and now I'm down to 251. My goal weight is 225 pounds. I would like to loose more but I know that I can't take this med for a long period of time. In the beginning I did have a headache but The only problem I have is staying awake at night and dry mouth but it is worth it because I love the weight loss.”

AnneG2014 April 22, 2014

Tenuate (diethylpropion): “Best diet pill so far. I've been on 25mg twice a day for a week and I'm loving it. I'm usually not good on any medication. Even some medications for my stomach can make me feel dizzy and weird. I'm so happy with Tenuate. I don't feel nothing but like a good feeling. I'm way more energetic. My mouth is always dry but I'm drinking a lot of water so it's ok. I haven't felt dizzy at all. Haven't had any weird heart beat. Nothing. I'm eating half of what I was eating before I was put on Tenuate. So far so good!”

QueenB21 September 12, 2016

“I'm 5'9 and I weight about 245. I have been on Diethylpropion for about 4 days now, I've noticed a big difference. I lost about 5 pounds and i'm still losing. I forget to eat throughout the day.. I eat once a day, but I drink fluids a lot.. mainly water and sometimes sweet drinks. The taste of food is disgusting to me now as I have to force myself to eat. The first night I was unable to sleep but now i'm getting used to it. Incredible amount of energy throughout the day and crashing at night. Side effects I've experienced include nervousness, anxiety, dizziness. It's still AMAZING! A miracle pill after your body gets used to it side effects are minimal. I hope to lose +50 pounds. I would recommend it to anyone who has trouble losing weight.”

Mhaire7782 June 20, 2015

“My doctor prescribed this to me and it works like wonders. I take 75mg a day. Drink water all the time. Eat 6 small mini healthy meals a day. The only affect I had was dry mouth but went a way in two weeks. It makes me full of energy. I'm never tired at all, and I work long days. When I started I was 280, and I'm done 22 pounds in one month. The big thing is motivation. We can all do it.”

Anonymous August 1, 2008

Tenuate (diethylpropion): “I went on this to help get a jump start on my weight loss. I have lost 34.2 pounds in 3 months and am so happy with the results. I can really tell that I have lost the weight. I have so much energy than before. I would recommend this to anyone that is seriously overweight. It's literally saving my life.”

Pals Cartage Truck Driver · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 13, 2014

Tenuate Dospan (diethylpropion): “Favorable experience. I was too fat and my doctor prescribed it: Tenuate 75mg. Lost a lot of weight rather quickly probably due to the fact I wasn't hungry at all while taking Tenuate 75mg. As a truck driver the added bonus of staying awake and alert helped. No bad side effects & I was able to stop taking them without any withdrawal problems. I took only one each night before starting work. It was great. Ask your doctor first about a prescription.”

Trying to get back to me January 22, 2015

Tenuate (diethylpropion): “Loved this medicine at start a month ago. Lost 9 pounds. I am not obese but after a hard year and surgery I had to give up exercise. I gained almost 20 lbs in two years and I was miserable. My doctor realized I needed a kick start and prescribed this... I LOVED ... I have been more attentive and energetic and not eating just for the sake of eating or being bored. After a month I feel like my body is too used to it and not the same as day one ... But I am going to keep going and try to lose 10 more pounds... However I will say that I have not had bad side affects at all ...”

Prius · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2018

“I started this drug about two weeks ago. I am quite pleased with it. I am prescribed 25mg of the instant release three times a day. The first two days it had little effect on my appetite, I was trying to control my hunger, however I would still think I was hungry when I wasn’t. Then about 5 days in I realized I hadn’t really had an appetite and started craving lighter meals like salads and wraps. This drug feels like a stimulant, if you’ve ever been on other prescription stimulants it is about 1/10th of that, but all appetite suppressant. It hasn’t kept me awake, or helped me wake up for that matter, just helped me loose weight. So far I’m down 11lbs with exercising on the elliptical 800 calories one morning a week and eating around 1200 calories a day. This drug does what it says it will. Best of luck.”

gypsypickles · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2015

Tenuate (diethylpropion): “I started taking adipex but the insomnia and other side effects were just becoming unbearable so my doctor switched me over to tenuate 75mg ER . Besides the side effects listed tenuate has been pretty bearbable vs adipex and I can cope with the few side effects they are not too bad . I have noticed for me that the weight loss is slower on tenuate but as long as I am eating right and excercising the weight comes off . I'm losing 1-2 pounds a week so I'm staying on target and at a healthy weight loss . At the begining you will lose the first week for me it was 7 pounds then after 2 weeks it slowed to 1.5 pounds a week . You have to eat healthy choices & excerise or u will just gain back what u lost.”

Killian710 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2012

Tenuate Dospan (diethylpropion): “I have taken Tenuate for 2 months now and lost almost 20 pounds. This is HUGE for me as I had tried and failed to lose weight -any weight- on my own for years. In addition to helping me lose weight, on it I have more energy and a better mood, so I did some research and found that the medicine apparently also works on increasing the serotonin in the brain. Good stuff - I've been very happy with it.”

Avi · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2018

“At first I was really nervous to take a pill to help me lose weight, but that was because I was assuming a lot about it. The first day I was a little jittery, like I had just had a cup of coffee or a red bull, but it went away after a couple of hours. Then the second day, I felt a difference in my bowel movement times. That same day I did sit-ups and I felt like I had to run to the bathroom. Other than that, I have literally had zero desire to eat and feel great on this thing! It's only been 3 days and I've lost 4 lbs already. Again, I also run in the mornings and have been forcing myself to eat something because the will to eat is nonexistent and when you do eat. I have turning away chocolate cookies and cakes, which is rare for me! DEFINITELY RECOMMEND!”

Fredie1342 March 20, 2008

Tenuate Dospan (diethylpropion): “Very effective at 75mg dosage taken once daily. Last about 10-12 hours. Helped with obessive eating habits and I actually had to get out of bed and clean. At least I was moving-getting some form of exercise. Tried Fastin in the past, did not find that anorexic as effective as Tenuate. I felt better each day!”

Jake from State Farm · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2018

Tenuate (diethylpropion): “I love this pill. I'm 46, 5'9" and weigh 294lb when I started back on this pill a 9 days ago. Down 10lbs. I am on a doctor supervised liquid diet plan. He prescribed me Tenuate because I never forgot this little helper because on the same style diet plan with tenuate I lost 90lbs about 16 years ago. After my weight loss journey 16 years ago I put back the weight about 5.5 lbs a year. :-( well now I'm back at it just older now. But this little pill hasn't changed, still great. Minimal side effects. I am experiencing side effects of a dry mouth ( so I'm drinking more water) and Insomnia. The insomnia isn't crazy but I'm wide awake for the late late show, whereas I didn't use to be. I'll take the extra TV time over being a over weight any day. Ask your doctor about this pill. It works.”

girlbug · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 1, 2019

Tenuate Dospan (diethylpropion): “Tenuate Dospan was the best medication ever. I took it years ago and lost so much weight. It was the only time in my life I was able to. It's so unfair that we can't get it in Australia anymore!! I have tried to get it overseas and can't find anyone that will send it. It's really effective.”

Rachelle · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2020

Tenuate (diethylpropion): “Tenuate Retard is a miracle product, no side effects at allll as they mentioned, everything is normal with me, and I don't feel hungry all the time, and I don't believe what they have mentioned about the side effects. I lost 2 kilos per week, I think the company who did this product tenuate retartd is very genius.”