User Reviews for Mucinex DM to treat Cough

Mucinex DM has an average rating of 4.8 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Cough. 30% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 50% reported a negative experience.

Mucinex DM rating summary

4.8/10 average rating

Compare all 336 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Mucinex DM

susie · May 1, 2013

“Took Mucinex at 5 in the afternoon. Around 8 took my night meds, Next morning stumbling around, Body felt like it was flooded with heat-chest and arm pains. Had myself checked out and was ok. Pulled up website to get complete list of medicines not to take it with and found my answer there. If you have access to the internet I would put the OTC medicine in and get a complete list of what not to take it with.”

129393939399393 · November 5, 2014

“Medicine works very well for the specified 12 hours but wow it is very strong. I weigh 105 pounds and taking an entire pill will have me falling over and seeing double very shakey also but giving it a seven because at least I can breathe now and this is the only medication that works for that my inhaler won't even help me any more.”

Mariayoani · Taken for less than 1 month · December 9, 2013

“Am nursing to 7 months old baby. Had bad sore throat, congested nose. Took Mucinex DM only 4 doses & it worked well. No side effects on baby. I like it & recommend it. 1st dose made my eyes watery but then everything went okay.”

Asthma316 · Taken for less than 1 month · September 21, 2016

“Took mucinex md for the onset of cough. The musimex the first day I noticed an improvement but had slight troubled sleeping. The second day no improve the from the mucinex and zero sleep. In combination with my other asthma meds it made my heart race which made me have to take rescue inhaler. I recommend going to dr before taking this with asthma patients.”

Bad reaction · Taken for less than 1 month · January 27, 2022

“(51F) I took two pills of MucinexDM for Covid symptoms, and it didn’t touch my cough or congestion. But, my eyes swelled shut and started leaking copious amounts of green goo, and my pulse was over 100 even at rest. Not a good first experience!”

curt · October 12, 2019

“I had flu symptoms after a flu shot. They came on immediately but the pharmacist at Walgreens said that the connection was impossible and recommended Mucinex. It does absolutely nothing to relieve the cough, runny nose or anything. She said that the Nyquil I intended to buy wouldn't work. No more Walgeens or Mucinex for me.”

Ms Jae · Taken for less than 1 month · January 2, 2022

“Had chest congestion, stuffy nose and sore throat the instructions recommended 1 or 2 tablets it worked very well. However I'm spitting aqua blue/green saliva??? can't find any reference in my research indicating this being one of the side effects ...”

Jackie · October 6, 2019

“The directions say take 1 or 2 pills every 12 hours. I took 2 pills and landed in the ER. Very strong meds!”

Cece · October 20, 2019

“All this pill does for me is make me really lightheaded and Numb all day. I’m never taking Mucinex Dm ever again.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · February 28, 2015

“this medicine definitely reduced congestion in my nose. I had not been able to breathe out of the right nostril for several days.”

Cyndgirl · Taken for less than 1 month · December 25, 2021

“Muncinex DX did not work for my son and I. Instead of controlling our cough, we coughed for hours. It did not loosen our mucus as stated on the box. I would not recommend this product.”