User Reviews for Mucinex DM to treat Cough

Mucinex DM has an average rating of 5.1 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Cough. 29% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 43% reported a negative effect.

Mucinex DM Rating Summary

5.1/10 average rating

Compare all 416 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Cece October 20, 2019

“All this pill does for me is make me really lightheaded and Numb all day. I’m never taking Mucinex Dm ever again.”

curt October 12, 2019

“I had flu symptoms after a flu shot. They came on immediately but the pharmacist at Walgreens said that the connection was impossible and recommended Mucinex. It does absolutely nothing to relieve the cough, runny nose or anything. She said that the Nyquil I intended to buy wouldn't work. No more Walgeens or Mucinex for me.”

Jackie October 6, 2019

“The directions say take 1 or 2 pills every 12 hours. I took 2 pills and landed in the ER. Very strong meds!”

susie May 1, 2013

“Took Mucinex at 5 in the afternoon. Around 8 took my night meds, Next morning stumbling around, Body felt like it was flooded with heat-chest and arm pains. Had myself checked out and was ok. Pulled up website to get complete list of medicines not to take it with and found my answer there. If you have access to the internet I would put the OTC medicine in and get a complete list of what not to take it with.”

129393939399393 November 5, 2014

“Medicine works very well for the specified 12 hours but wow it is very strong. I weigh 105 pounds and taking an entire pill will have me falling over and seeing double very shakey also but giving it a seven because at least I can breathe now and this is the only medication that works for that my inhaler won't even help me any more.”

Mariayoani · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2013

“Am nursing to 7 months old baby. Had bad sore throat, congested nose. Took Mucinex DM only 4 doses & it worked well. No side effects on baby. I like it & recommend it. 1st dose made my eyes watery but then everything went okay.”

Asthma316 · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2016

“Took mucinex md for the onset of cough. The musimex the first day I noticed an improvement but had slight troubled sleeping. The second day no improve the from the mucinex and zero sleep. In combination with my other asthma meds it made my heart race which made me have to take rescue inhaler. I recommend going to dr before taking this with asthma patients.”