User Reviews for Dexamethasone/tobramycin ophthalmic to treat Conjunctivitis, Bacterial

Also known as: TobraDex, Tobradex ST

Dexamethasone/tobramycin ophthalmic has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Conjunctivitis, Bacterial. 54% of those users who reviewed Dexamethasone/tobramycin ophthalmic reported a positive effect, while 31% reported a negative effect.

Dexamethasone/tobramycin ophthalmic Rating Summary

6.5/10 average rating

Compare all 60 medications used in the treatment of Conjunctivitis, Bacterial.

Reviews for Dexamethasone/tobramycin ophthalmic

Zee · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2021

“Don’t recommend this at all! I was using the eye ointment as prescribed by my doctor and developed swelling of the upper and lower eyelids. Also got blurred vision and a weakening of the upper eyelid skin and muscles. Stopped using the the ointment on day 4 and still waiting for the eye bags under my eyes to go! Really hoping it’s not permanent! Would not recommend as side effects seem to be very serious and common!”

villa777 · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2021

“The first drop that I put on my eyelid. Within minutes my nose burn and also my throat. It took a day and a half to get my smell and my taste back. And also gave me a little vertigo. Never again with”

kev · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 3, 2021

TobraDex (dexamethasone / tobramycin): “I get regular bacterial eye infections (not as a result of poor hygiene) had an operation on my inner eyelid to remove a style resulting in loss of tear gland so suffer from chronic dry eye. I've tried lots of drops only Tobradex works - something to do with the steroid content apparently helps reduce the inflammation so helps the antibiotic to work. would appreciated any addition detailed information that might help”

Anonymous August 8, 2008

TobraDex (dexamethasone / tobramycin): “Tobradex did the trick. First day: 65% improvement then 10% better each day forward. By the 4th day, the infection and swelling was gone. The drops lasted for 10 days. I did have slighly blurry vision for the entire period which could be the result of me digging out my eyeballs prior to filling the prescription. I would use it again no problem.”

Lulue July 21, 2015

TobraDex (dexamethasone / tobramycin): “I was prescribe tobradex drops for chronic dry eye syndrome and conjunctivitis . I developed a severe allergic reaction. My eyelids and under eye got swollen , red, itchy and developed small bumps. I had raccoon eyes. I stop drops & went my Dr. Was put on cortisone .”

nancepir · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 11, 2018

TobraDex (dexamethasone / tobramycin): “I bought this in Greece, I had conjuctivitis and I bought another just in case I would need it. Dr prescribe other antibiotic drops which did not work so I decided to do this Tobradex and 2 days my eye was great”

jmcd2017 · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2017

TobraDex (dexamethasone / tobramycin): “This medication has been doing a good job at clearing up my right ear after just a few days. Keep in mind that I also have a perforation in my ear drum as well, although it has been there even before I developed this infection. Anyhow, I was recently diagnosed with a right middle ear infection last week and was prescribed this along with Augmentin 875 MG. However, I have been taking a 500 MG Glutathione antioxidant supplement along with this medication considering the fact that this medication carries an ototoxic risk.”

MareB · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2020

“Been using the dexamethasone with tobramycin eye drops about 3 days. Woke up today & 1 of my eyes lower lid was swollen. After I put drops in & waited the 2 minutes as directed, my lower lid flipped! Been swollen & felt odd all day. Just did another dose & same thing happened. My Eye Dr's office is closed (weekend) & I am thinking I should discontinue. Anyone else have this problem?”

SLB401 · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2020

“Came down with pink eye which to me was viral but I decided to see a doctor anyway because I was in pain, I saw a doctor online. He prescribed me Polymxin, which after 2 days of use, was not working. It burned and I still had all the classic symptoms of pink eye. Went to my eye doctor 4 days after the onset of pink eye symptoms and she gave me this because I had severe swelling. She told me to take every hour for the first day and it should make me much more comfortable. I’m on the second day and my eyes feel incredible! I have slight blurring and my eye lid in one eye is still droopy and swollen but not from this med. She said this is always her first line of defense when there is inflammation because of the steroid. My eye lids and forehead have been super itchy but not sure if that is a side effect of this med or just from 5 days of wet eyes. But nonetheless, I’m so much more comfortable!”

Dueces June 17, 2008

TobraDex (dexamethasone / tobramycin): “My twin sister had the infection. She's been using it for about a day and she has seen an improvement already. The doc told her to use it three times a day for seven days.”

Simone · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

TobraDex (dexamethasone / tobramycin): “Not effective for eye infection. It's still bad as it was!!!. I have allergic reaction. I have an eye swollen, red, and lot of bumps around the eye. Negative experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Acherons · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2020

TobraDex (dexamethasone / tobramycin): “Worked like a charm. Already felt much better after 1 drop.”

patty cakes December 17, 2008

TobraDex (dexamethasone / tobramycin): “I had an allergic reaction to sulfur in another eyedrop. My eye was blurry, not being able to see more than ten feet. This eyedrop helped me see.”

Chris HS0ZFE · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2014

TobraDex (dexamethasone / tobramycin): “Really effective - had discharge come out of my red eye. Now the pain is gone some 20 hours later. ”

Learn more about Conjunctivitis, Bacterial