User Reviews for Viekira Pak

Learn more about Viekira Pak.

Hepatitis C 7 reviews 23 medications

7.3
Summary of Viekira Pak reviews 7 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Viekira Pak

For Hepatitis C "I had a viral load of 400,000, was very optimistic and had no side effects. Phsycologically I felt great, was very optimistic and was really looking forward to a new start to worry free life. How ever after my 12 week course I was tested for hep C and am still HEp C positive. Not sure what went wrong, I guess I must be one of the unlucky 10%. I have ordered a viral load so will see what that is. So for me not effective, but I would recommend it to others as 90% is still a good success rate, good luck to all who try it."

Bummmed January 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "Began at viral load 1540000. Week 5 and Virus is undetected. Side effects are almost nothing. A little fatigue but that's it. Continuing 7 more weeks, of course. I've been told it's important to continue the entire program even though it shows undetected today. Very optimistic! Good luck to you"

ChevyGurl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "Just got my first 28 days out of a 90 days no ribavirin, 1b v count 3,880,000 as of 1-1-16 now date 5-6-16. Hope all goes good !!!!!!!"

kciR May 6, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I contracted Hepatitis C genotype 1a from a blood transfusion in 1989 during combat in Panama. All of my treatment was from the VA and at no cost to me. The treatment lasted 12 weeks and I had to take Ribavirin as well as the Viekira Pak. My viral load was high, 21.8 million. I was undetected at 4 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks and 12 weeks. Post treatment I was undetected at 3 months and now at 6 months. So basically, I'm cured although they will test one more time at one year. I had side effects from the Ribavirin, everyone does. Nasty stuff. But the Hep C is gone so it was well worth it. Viekira pak, for me, was truly a wonder drug!"

Panama_Vet February 18, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I was on Viekira pak for 12 weeks. There were no side effects at all. However I did have a relapse of the virus 12 weeks post treatment. :("

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "Three months and no signs of virus, off of Viekira Pak. One more blood test in three months"

Got Lucky (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I started this medication on a trial prior to FDA approval (Dec. 2014) I was chronic HCV GT1b. It was a 12 week course of 4 pills daily without RiBA. After 2 weeks I was undetectable and now post 3 months I remain undetectable. Worst side effect was fatigue and it was very bad. Although, it did not come on until about 5 weeks into treatment. If that is the worst thing that there was and I can remain SVR, then it was well worth it."

Believer123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2015

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

More about Viekira Pak (dasabuvir / ombitasvir / paritaprevir / ritonavir)

Other brands: Viekira XR