User Reviews for Viekira Pak

Learn more about Viekira Pak.

Hepatitis C 8 reviews 24 medications

6.5
Summary of Viekira Pak reviews 8 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Viekira Pak

For Hepatitis C "Did 12 weeks VPac Cleared virus at 4 weeks last May just had labs again still undetected. After treatment I have only gone down hill, my liver has grown 3 cm went from a F0 to a F2-3 moderate never had liver pain prior... ever. Now I have pain in my liver at a level 9 ,going straight thru to back. I had no liver issues prior felt I was not a candidate for this drug yet as I was having no liver issues. But sick with Lyme, EBV and as I had thyroid cancer and my labs are not good, lots of immune disorders disease, now think I got liver cancer the pains so bad, I knew when I got that first box when I touched it I had such a bad feeling I threw it to back of my closet for a month till I got pressured to take it, MISTAKE"

TerryTag (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I had a viral load of 400,000, was very optimistic and had no side effects. Phsycologically I felt great, was very optimistic and was really looking forward to a new start to worry free life. How ever after my 12 week course I was tested for hep C and am still HEp C positive. Not sure what went wrong, I guess I must be one of the unlucky 10%. I have ordered a viral load so will see what that is. So for me not effective, but I would recommend it to others as 90% is still a good success rate, good luck to all who try it."

Bummmed January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Began at viral load 1540000. Week 5 and Virus is undetected. Side effects are almost nothing. A little fatigue but that's it. Continuing 7 more weeks, of course. I've been told it's important to continue the entire program even though it shows undetected today. Very optimistic! Good luck to you"

ChevyGurl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Just got my first 28 days out of a 90 days no ribavirin, 1b v count 3,880,000 as of 1-1-16 now date 5-6-16. Hope all goes good !!!!!!!"

kciR May 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I contracted Hepatitis C genotype 1a from a blood transfusion in 1989 during combat in Panama. All of my treatment was from the VA and at no cost to me. The treatment lasted 12 weeks and I had to take Ribavirin as well as the Viekira Pak. My viral load was high, 21.8 million. I was undetected at 4 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks and 12 weeks. Post treatment I was undetected at 3 months and now at 6 months. So basically, I'm cured although they will test one more time at one year. I had side effects from the Ribavirin, everyone does. Nasty stuff. But the Hep C is gone so it was well worth it. Viekira pak, for me, was truly a wonder drug!"

Panama_Vet February 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I was on Viekira pak for 12 weeks. There were no side effects at all. However I did have a relapse of the virus 12 weeks post treatment. :("

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Three months and no signs of virus, off of Viekira Pak. One more blood test in three months"

Got Lucky (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I started this medication on a trial prior to FDA approval (Dec. 2014) I was chronic HCV GT1b. It was a 12 week course of 4 pills daily without RiBA. After 2 weeks I was undetectable and now post 3 months I remain undetectable. Worst side effect was fatigue and it was very bad. Although, it did not come on until about 5 weeks into treatment. If that is the worst thing that there was and I can remain SVR, then it was well worth it."

Believer123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2015