What's the difference between Viekira Pak and Viekira XR?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 25, 2019.
Viekira Pak and Viekira XR both contain the same four ingredient drugs for the treatment of adult patients with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype 1 infection.
- ombitasvir, paritaprevir, ritonavir tablets co-packaged with dasabuvir tablets
- ombitasvir, paritaprevir, ritonavir and dasabuvir extended release tablets
In May 2018, the FDA announced the discontinuation of Viekira XR with an estimated product availability through until January 1, 2019. The product discontinuation was voluntary.
Related Medical Questions
- What are the new drugs for the treatment of hepatitis C?
- Does Epclusa cure Hep C, what is the success rate?
- Does Mavyret cure hep C (HCV)? What is the success rate?
- How much does Epclusa cost?
- How does Epclusa work in the body?
- Can you take antibiotics with Mavyret?
- What is the difference between Vosevi and Epclusa?