User Reviews for Xiaflex

Xiaflex has an average rating of 3.0 out of 10 from a total of 56 ratings on Drugs.com. 17% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 77% reported a negative effect.

Peyronie's Disease
2.7
Dupuytren's contracture
3.3
Summary of Xiaflex reviews 3.0 56 reviews

Reviews for Xiaflex

Chuck · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 25, 2021

For Peyronie's Disease: “I went through a course of Xiaflex for Peyronie's honestly I think the drug is a waste of time. Spent over $7000.00 with insurance doctor said it was going to work and be fine. Did not correct it at all. Mine is manageable for sex but my advice is if yours is bad surgery maybe your only option. Imagine spending $7000.00 without any results only drug companies can get away with theses types of scams. It is like buying a car and they don't give you the engine. I chose not to do surgery because I can still function but like I said don't waste your money. I am hoping one day some law firm will do a class action suit for fraudulent claims made by the manufacturers of this product.”

Depressed · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 8, 2020

For Peyronie's Disease: “Xiaflex is horrible. Before the treatment I had about a 30 degree bend. After 4 incredibly painful injections and a hematoma I now have a 45 degree bend, but the worst of all is the incredible shrinkage in both length and girth. This has absolutely destroyed my self confidence. I now have about 5x as much scar tissue as I started with. Don't do these injections. They absolutely will make your condition worse.”

1stjohn · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2021

For Peyronie's Disease: “I have completed my 3rd series of Xiaflex, 6 shots... WASTE OF TIME!! Not to mention the pain and swelling. I now more of a curve tin my penis than when I started. Scheduled for a forth series but I will not be going. There has to be a better way. I just hope I haven't gone so far that I can not fix it.”

Nineandonehalffingers · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 26, 2020

For Peyronie's Disease: “Hi everyone, after suffering from Peyrones disease with 90 percent curvature I finally agreed with my urologist to have the xiaflex treatment. It was a disaster ,I am worse off than before the injections incredible shrinkage and still curvature I wish I had never gone through with it. Ruined my intimacy with my wife and psychologically messing me up. I highly recommend not having the treatment because it just doesn't work I have had 8 injections.”

JB January 30, 2021

For Dupuytren's contracture: “After considering surgery, I decided instead to have a Xiaflex injection to treat Dupuytren's contracture of the pinky finger of my left (non-dominant) hand. At this time (approximately two months post injection), I am extremely pleased with the result. I did not have to risk the complications and long-healing time of surgery, and the contracture has almost completely disappeared, along with the chords that caused it. Yes, there was some pain and discomfort during the administration of the Xiaflex and again the next day, when a local anesthesia was injected prior to the finger manipulation. These were expected and well tolerated. I recovered full use of my hand within a few days after the procedure. It is important to find an experienced hand surgeon who has had a lot of success doing these injections.”

LA Annie November 13, 2020

For Dupuytren's contracture: “Had Xiaflex injection mid August, it's now end of November. The injection procedures, both Xiaflex drug and Novacain numbing is the most painful thing I have ever experiences. Feel like I survived torture. First week after injection, left hand and arm were swollen and arm turned red/purple, green then yellow for about two weeks. Drug is very expensive and co-pay was almost $2000. After over three months of PT and wearing splint at night (and any other time I'm not using hand) fingers curl back to original 50 degree bend. Concluded that procedure did not work. DO NOT HAVE THIS PROCEDURE. INTEND TO COMPLAIN TO AUTHORITIES-FDA, PHYSICIAN LICENSING, WHO EVER WILL LISTEN.”

Devastated May 2, 2021

For Peyronie's Disease: “This is an absolutely horrible drug and treatment that did nothing to improve my curvature of my penis and actually made things worse. I went through all 8 injections over a 6 month period and followed the instructions to a T but in the end not only did it do nothing to lessen my curve which is about 50 to 60% but it made my penis shorter by about an inch. Peyronies shortens your penis anyway by about an inch to an inch and a half so this just devastated me. In the end my penis is more than 2 inches shorter with the same curve. Additionally, I have had pubic are pain that is intermittent which I attribute to the injections. For 6 to 8 months I had a bruised and swollen penis that I had to stretch as part of the treatment which was excruciating and for 6 months after the last injection all I did was cry because it failed. I know that sounds pathetic to some but this is a very lonely disease to deal with and this company who created xiaflex needs to be held accountable for this.”

Sexlifegone · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 6, 2019

For Peyronie's Disease: “I was diagnosed with Peyronie's 2018. My primary physician sent me to a urologist who recommended Xiaflex injections. He said that the success rate was high. Well, that was a false statement. Xiaflex ruined my sex life and now instead of having curvature on the left side of my penis, it's now moved on top which the curvature is worse then ever. This has been an emotional struggle for me and don't know what to do. I'm sure a lot of men with this condition are struggling as well with emotions. My advice to all men with Peyronie's disease. DON'T GET INJECTIONS! IT DOESN'T WORK!”

Penisnomore September 10, 2019

For Peyronie's Disease: “Warning to men considering this treatment for Peyronie's. I had a curvature to the left which I wish for the love of God I had back. After months of treatments with Xiaflex I now how have it right in the top middle and worse than ever. Penis shrinkage and all. Hurts like hell to have sex, not to mention the emotional part. It is embarrassing. I do not know what to do.”

Bob May 13, 2019

For Peyronie's Disease: “I couldn't complete the full treatment of 4 double injection cycles. During the 3rd cycle, after both injection #5 & #6, I developed excruciating pain, radiating from my hips to my knees. Both times, the pain was so intense, I lost control of my legs and fell to the floor. The pain lasted 15 minutes. The doctor told me no other patient had experienced that reaction. During a subsequent visit, I was told that a second patient had. The treatment did decrease the Peyronie's bend from 40º to 30º. Another serious, negative side effect was that flaccid and erect penis length and girth shrank dramatically after treatment. The doctor attributed it to the Peyronie's disease, but I took pictures just before Xiaflex treatment, (10 months after the onset of Peyronie's) and after treatment, and the size difference is dramatic. ”

M Kevin · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2018

For Dupuytren's contracture: “I thought I would try this less invasive alternative to hand surgery. I had 45 degree bend in both hands effecting the pinkies. The injection was painful for a few seconds and my hand was wrapped so I could not move the finger. Two days later my surgeon manipulated the finger. He injected me with a numbing agent which again was painful for a few seconds. The manipulation was successful in both hands but one had a skin tear that needed attention post-op. I performed PT afterwards and wore a splint at night for three months. All was fine until the cord returned on both hands to the same degree as before. This occurred within one year. Therefore I rate the result as a one. I subsequently had hand surgery to remove the effected tissue and the results have been exceptional after four years. Basis my experience I would not suggest the Xiaflex treatment alternative. The success rate is too low and the cost and pain too high. Find a good hand surgeon, under go the PT and be happy with the results.”

Jack · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2019

For Dupuytren's contracture: “Received the injection in my left hand, about 6 hours later ended up in the emergency room with my lymph glands under my left armpit about the size of a baseball. Next day it turned black and blue. Procedure was not successful and following year went under the knife. I would not recommend this expensive alternative.”

Dude · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2019

For Dupuytren's contracture: “Before 1-07-19 I thought the benchmark for pain was the night I had to undergo an emergency bladder catheterization for another issue. The Xiaflex injection that I just experienced completely erased that unpleasant memory with a brand new horrifying one. The next day when my hand was injected with novocaine before the manipulation was almost as bad as the Xiaflex. I briefly glanced at my hand when the procedure was complete and saw that my fingers were back to their normal position. My point is simple. As medicine advances isn't the comfort of the patient supposed to be a main part of the equation? I had Needle Aponuerotomy on two previous occasions and the discomfort was minor compared to this, not to mention less expensive to all concerned. My other hand is also due and I would rather live under a freeway bridge that go through Xiaflex again. I'm definitely going back to N.A. even if I have to go out of network and pay out of my pocket.”

Mongo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 19, 2019

For Peyronie's Disease: “Three series of 2 injections (2 injections-1 injection, then the other in 2 days, 3 months between series, had 6 shots in 9 months). Horribly expensive and very uncomfortable during and after injections. No improvement---worthless---a medical businessman's scam. At least a auto mechanic guarantees his work.”

Mark · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 22, 2019

For Peyronie's Disease: “Have peyronies with 90 degree bend. Did 3 cycles of Xiaflex total of 6 injections. Got a hematoma after the sixth injection. End of Xiaflex treatment. Still have a 92 degree bend up and now a 30 degee bend to the right. Total waste of time and money. Not to mention the pain of the injections and the hematoma. Insurance paid $30,000 for this treatment and total failure.”

Steve · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2021

For Dupuytren's contracture: “Had the treatment 20 months ago for a 45 degree bend in my little finger. The pain was minor. The procedure was very successful with no return. I’m sorry for the poor outcomes others have had... my experience was very positive and I would certainly do it again.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2019

For Dupuytren's contracture: “I would not recommend this procedure at all. I had a reaction to the injection which caused bruising on my arm up to my armpit. It felt like my whole right side of my body was just not quite right, however my Dr. said that it just couldn't be from the shot. It is a week and a half later and my arm still hurts and my little finger is bruised, swollen and aches. The procedure was painful and the manipulation of my little finger 3 days after the shot hurt and I felt the tearing of the cord or whatever. My finger is still so swollen and bent that I'm not sure how straight it will be after it heals up, hoping upon hope that it actually heals and I can use it again. Again, I would not ever do this again!”

SadSucker · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 24, 2020

For Peyronie's Disease: “I went through 6 series of shots. A series consisted of get a shot, wait 2 days, get another shot. Then you wait 5 weeks, start the next series. Each time after getting the first shot my penis, scrotum and entire groin area would bruise badly. Real struggle to go in 2 days later for that next shot... Literally one of the hardest things I've had to do in my life was lie there while a needle was stuck in my penis. But getting rid of that curve? Totally worth it - if it had worked, but it didn't. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I guess I should be grateful it's not worse.”

John · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 21, 2018

For Dupuytren's contracture: “Absolute waste of time and money. Even after my PPO coverage I was still left owing more than $3,000. It was VERY painful and only a few months after the treatment my hands are back the way they were before I started. This is despite hand therapy 3 times a week and wearing a brace while sleeping. DO NOT HAVE THIS TREATMENT!! Find another way - I suggest Needle aponeurotomy which I did several times with great success.”

Joe · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2021

For Peyronie's Disease: “4 injections into my plaque by a very experience urologist made my mild deformity much worse. I went from a mild indentation and curve to an extreme curve with a hinge effect. This treatment is overpriced and can make your condition worse. It should be taken off the market. Total rip-off.”

Arthur dent July 15, 2017

For Dupuytren's contracture: “Painful, expensive and useless treatment. I have extensive dupuytrens. No follow up whatsoever. Immediate results seemed hopeful, but regressed almost immediately despite pt and stretching regimen. No difference whatsoever from pre treatment condition after 6 months.”

Charlottesville November 14, 2019

For Dupuytren's contracture: “I had surgery in my left and thought I would try this less invasive method. The pain of the injection and finger stretch was moderately painful. The problem is the contracture returned in 9 months and was worse than before the treatment, 60 went to 90 degrees.”

Dave · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2019

For Peyronie's Disease: “The bend moved to the top middle from being closer to the tip. The bend is somewhat lesser but now the length and girth is a lot less also. Take your chances on that it will go away by it self. Not worth the cost, pain and decrease in size. Now what can I do ? Should be lawyers begging for my business with law suit. So annoyed!!!”

Unhappy · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

For Dupuytren's contracture: “I was so excited to finally get my hand straightened out!! My doctor who had special training injecting xiaflex never recommended surgery to correct my hand. He told me that I would be very happy with the results!! Well I am not. My ring finger is at a 90 degree angle. He now recommends surgery. I have a very high deductible -so the xiaflex alone was $3600.00 out of pocket!! With very little correction. I can’t help but think that these doctors kick-back to recommend the injection over the surgery. And since you purchase the xiaflex from a professional pharmacy - no refund or adjustment is issued. Very unhappy!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 3, 2020

For Peyronie's Disease: “Don't waste your time or money. I went to my urologist for the treatment , who was excellent. Little bruising or discomfort with the injections. After 4 courses of injections over several months, NOTHING. I even purchased an expensive traction devise and followed the instructions perfectly....The only option for this disease unfortunately is surgery if you want any results at all. So glad my health insurance paid for this as it's VERY expensive and ineffective.”