User Reviews for Xiaflex to treat Peyronie's Disease

Xiaflex Rating Summary

1.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Peyronie's Disease.

Reviews for Xiaflex

Depressed · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 8, 2020

“Xiaflex is horrible. Before the treatment I had about a 30 degree bend. After 4 incredibly painful injections and a hematoma I now have a 45 degree bend, but the worst of all is the incredible shrinkage in both length and girth. This has absolutely destroyed my self confidence. I now have about 5x as much scar tissue as I started with. Don't do these injections. They absolutely will make your condition worse.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 3, 2020

“Don't waste your time or money. I went to my urologist for the treatment , who was excellent. Little bruising or discomfort with the injections. After 4 courses of injections over several months, NOTHING. I even purchased an expensive traction devise and followed the instructions perfectly....The only option for this disease unfortunately is surgery if you want any results at all. So glad my health insurance paid for this as it's VERY expensive and ineffective.”

SadSucker · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 24, 2020

“I went through 6 series of shots. A series consisted of get a shot, wait 2 days, get another shot. Then you wait 5 weeks, start the next series. Each time after getting the first shot my penis, scrotum and entire groin area would bruise badly. Real struggle to go in 2 days later for that next shot... Literally one of the hardest things I've had to do in my life was lie there while a needle was stuck in my penis. But getting rid of that curve? Totally worth it - if it had worked, but it didn't. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I guess I should be grateful it's not worse.”

Keith · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 29, 2020

“I went through 3 sets of injections they came out with the bill before the last set of injections $51,000 dollars and didn’t help at all.”

Nineandonehalffingers · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 26, 2020

“Hi everyone, after suffering from Peyrones disease with 90 percent curvature I finally agreed with my urologist to have the xiaflex treatment. It was a disaster ,I am worse off than before the injections incredible shrinkage and still curvature I wish I had never gone through with it. Ruined my intimacy with my wife and psychologically messing me up. I highly recommend not having the treatment because it just doesn't work I have had 8 injections.”

Xiaflex hater · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2020

“Terrible experience with Xiaflex! This is a very bad drug! It left me worse than I was! I wish I would have never done this. I felt a burst, worst bruising ever. So very painful! I still don't feel right, this has messed me up big time!!! This drug should not be used for this!! Rating this drug as a 1 is too high!”

Didn’tWork123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 20, 2019

“Went though 2 cycles of shots. My 30 degree bend turned into a 90 degree bend. Sex is impossible now.”

Dave · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2019

“The bend moved to the top middle from being closer to the tip. The bend is somewhat lesser but now the length and girth is a lot less also. Take your chances on that it will go away by it self. Not worth the cost, pain and decrease in size. Now what can I do ? Should be lawyers begging for my business with law suit. So annoyed!!!”

Mark · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 22, 2019

“Have peyronies with 90 degree bend. Did 3 cycles of Xiaflex total of 6 injections. Got a hematoma after the sixth injection. End of Xiaflex treatment. Still have a 92 degree bend up and now a 30 degee bend to the right. Total waste of time and money. Not to mention the pain of the injections and the hematoma. Insurance paid $30,000 for this treatment and total failure.”

Penisnomore September 10, 2019

“Warning to men considering this treatment for Peyronie's. I had a curvature to the left which I wish for the love of God I had back. After months of treatments with Xiaflex I now how have it right in the top middle and worse than ever. Penis shrinkage and all. Hurts like hell to have sex, not to mention the emotional part. It is embarrassing. I do not know what to do.”

Sexlifegone · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 6, 2019

“I was diagnosed with Peyronie's 2018. My primary physician sent me to a urologist who recommended Xiaflex injections. He said that the success rate was high. Well, that was a false statement. Xiaflex ruined my sex life and now instead of having curvature on the left side of my penis, it's now moved on top which the curvature is worse then ever. This has been an emotional struggle for me and don't know what to do. I'm sure a lot of men with this condition are struggling as well with emotions. My advice to all men with Peyronie's disease. DON'T GET INJECTIONS! IT DOESN'T WORK!”

Mongo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 19, 2019

“Three series of 2 injections (2 injections-1 injection, then the other in 2 days, 3 months between series, had 6 shots in 9 months). Horribly expensive and very uncomfortable during and after injections. No improvement---worthless---a medical businessman's scam. At least a auto mechanic guarantees his work.”

Bob May 13, 2019

“I couldn't complete the full treatment of 4 double injection cycles. During the 3rd cycle, after both injection #5 & #6, I developed excruciating pain, radiating from my hips to my knees. Both times, the pain was so intense, I lost control of my legs and fell to the floor. The pain lasted 15 minutes. The doctor told me no other patient had experienced that reaction. During a subsequent visit, I was told that a second patient had. The treatment did decrease the Peyronie's bend from 40º to 30º. Another serious, negative side effect was that flaccid and erect penis length and girth shrank dramatically after treatment. The doctor attributed it to the Peyronie's disease, but I took pictures just before Xiaflex treatment, (10 months after the onset of Peyronie's) and after treatment, and the size difference is dramatic. ”

Mike · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2019

“Useless after five shots :(”

BingoReed13 December 29, 2016

“Never had it, but need it.”

Learn more about Peyronie's Disease

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)