User Reviews for Xiaflex to treat Peyronie's Disease

Xiaflex has an average rating of 2.6 out of 10 from a total of 30 ratings for the treatment of Peyronie's Disease. 13% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 80% reported a negative effect.

Xiaflex Rating Summary

2.6/10 average rating

Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Peyronie's Disease.

Reviews for Xiaflex

Chuck · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 25, 2021

“I went through a course of Xiaflex for Peyronie's honestly I think the drug is a waste of time. Spent over $7000.00 with insurance doctor said it was going to work and be fine. Did not correct it at all. Mine is manageable for sex but my advice is if yours is bad surgery maybe your only option. Imagine spending $7000.00 without any results only drug companies can get away with theses types of scams. It is like buying a car and they don't give you the engine. I chose not to do surgery because I can still function but like I said don't waste your money. I am hoping one day some law firm will do a class action suit for fraudulent claims made by the manufacturers of this product.”

Depressed · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 8, 2020

“Xiaflex is horrible. Before the treatment I had about a 30 degree bend. After 4 incredibly painful injections and a hematoma I now have a 45 degree bend, but the worst of all is the incredible shrinkage in both length and girth. This has absolutely destroyed my self confidence. I now have about 5x as much scar tissue as I started with. Don't do these injections. They absolutely will make your condition worse.”

Nineandonehalffingers · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 26, 2020

“Hi everyone, after suffering from Peyrones disease with 90 percent curvature I finally agreed with my urologist to have the xiaflex treatment. It was a disaster ,I am worse off than before the injections incredible shrinkage and still curvature I wish I had never gone through with it. Ruined my intimacy with my wife and psychologically messing me up. I highly recommend not having the treatment because it just doesn't work I have had 8 injections.”

Devastated May 2, 2021

“This is an absolutely horrible drug and treatment that did nothing to improve my curvature of my penis and actually made things worse. I went through all 8 injections over a 6 month period and followed the instructions to a T but in the end not only did it do nothing to lessen my curve which is about 50 to 60% but it made my penis shorter by about an inch. Peyronies shortens your penis anyway by about an inch to an inch and a half so this just devastated me. In the end my penis is more than 2 inches shorter with the same curve. Additionally, I have had pubic are pain that is intermittent which I attribute to the injections. For 6 to 8 months I had a bruised and swollen penis that I had to stretch as part of the treatment which was excruciating and for 6 months after the last injection all I did was cry because it failed. I know that sounds pathetic to some but this is a very lonely disease to deal with and this company who created xiaflex needs to be held accountable for this.”

1stjohn · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2021

“I have completed my 3rd series of Xiaflex, 6 shots... WASTE OF TIME!! Not to mention the pain and swelling. I now more of a curve tin my penis than when I started. Scheduled for a forth series but I will not be going. There has to be a better way. I just hope I haven't gone so far that I can not fix it.”

Sexlifegone · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 6, 2019

“I was diagnosed with Peyronie's 2018. My primary physician sent me to a urologist who recommended Xiaflex injections. He said that the success rate was high. Well, that was a false statement. Xiaflex ruined my sex life and now instead of having curvature on the left side of my penis, it's now moved on top which the curvature is worse then ever. This has been an emotional struggle for me and don't know what to do. I'm sure a lot of men with this condition are struggling as well with emotions. My advice to all men with Peyronie's disease. DON'T GET INJECTIONS! IT DOESN'T WORK!”

Penisnomore September 10, 2019

“Warning to men considering this treatment for Peyronie's. I had a curvature to the left which I wish for the love of God I had back. After months of treatments with Xiaflex I now how have it right in the top middle and worse than ever. Penis shrinkage and all. Hurts like hell to have sex, not to mention the emotional part. It is embarrassing. I do not know what to do.”

Bob May 13, 2019

“I couldn't complete the full treatment of 4 double injection cycles. During the 3rd cycle, after both injection #5 & #6, I developed excruciating pain, radiating from my hips to my knees. Both times, the pain was so intense, I lost control of my legs and fell to the floor. The pain lasted 15 minutes. The doctor told me no other patient had experienced that reaction. During a subsequent visit, I was told that a second patient had. The treatment did decrease the Peyronie's bend from 40º to 30º. Another serious, negative side effect was that flaccid and erect penis length and girth shrank dramatically after treatment. The doctor attributed it to the Peyronie's disease, but I took pictures just before Xiaflex treatment, (10 months after the onset of Peyronie's) and after treatment, and the size difference is dramatic. ”

Mongo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 19, 2019

“Three series of 2 injections (2 injections-1 injection, then the other in 2 days, 3 months between series, had 6 shots in 9 months). Horribly expensive and very uncomfortable during and after injections. No improvement---worthless---a medical businessman's scam. At least a auto mechanic guarantees his work.”

Mark · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 22, 2019

“Have peyronies with 90 degree bend. Did 3 cycles of Xiaflex total of 6 injections. Got a hematoma after the sixth injection. End of Xiaflex treatment. Still have a 92 degree bend up and now a 30 degee bend to the right. Total waste of time and money. Not to mention the pain of the injections and the hematoma. Insurance paid $30,000 for this treatment and total failure.”

Joe · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2021

“4 injections into my plaque by a very experience urologist made my mild deformity much worse. I went from a mild indentation and curve to an extreme curve with a hinge effect. This treatment is overpriced and can make your condition worse. It should be taken off the market. Total rip-off.”

Anonymous April 2, 2021

“It’s been 9 months and 2 injections every 6th week. No discomfort after initial injection. Always bruised for a few days. Went from 75% curvature to 50%. Opted to continue. Must go to expert in this field. The details are important. The stretcher must be from Mayo Clinic. Must adhere to wearing it as directed. The stretcher allows growth of good tissue in right area. My doctor has treated over 5,000 patients from all over the world. UCSF has their own PD unit. Highly recommend.”

SadSucker · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 24, 2020

“I went through 6 series of shots. A series consisted of get a shot, wait 2 days, get another shot. Then you wait 5 weeks, start the next series. Each time after getting the first shot my penis, scrotum and entire groin area would bruise badly. Real struggle to go in 2 days later for that next shot... Literally one of the hardest things I've had to do in my life was lie there while a needle was stuck in my penis. But getting rid of that curve? Totally worth it - if it had worked, but it didn't. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I guess I should be grateful it's not worse.”

Dave · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2019

“The bend moved to the top middle from being closer to the tip. The bend is somewhat lesser but now the length and girth is a lot less also. Take your chances on that it will go away by it self. Not worth the cost, pain and decrease in size. Now what can I do ? Should be lawyers begging for my business with law suit. So annoyed!!!”

Big John · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 7, 2021

“Completed 4 sets of 2 injections (8 injections total). It wasn't pleasant receiving the shots. Nor was it easy Not having sex for a month after each shot. But, everything does appear to be straightening out. It is longer and thicker. Would not go through it if there was a better choice. I have had surgery on my hands for DePutryn's, as well as the injections too...Surgery is a rougher path. Surgery on the hand was bad enough, injections a better alternative. And the stories you will have will make your friends cringe. WIsh I had known about the numbing creme. But done now. Doctor says it can take up to 9 months to get full benefit. It is working great then...Kind of like getting a Dick Lift.”

Lost · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 23, 2021

“Had mild curvature of 30 35° LOSS OF 0.5 INCHES. First round of xiaflex, mild hematoma, doc said it's normal. Extreme pain and daily discomfort followed, since April 2021. After first round another loss of length and girth and worsening of curvature. Have not measured it cuz I can't bear to even look at my penis anymore. Broke up with my gf cuz sex is too painful and it's disheartening not being able to please her, even after 2 years of this disease, masturbation is still painful and I doubt it is stable now. In my opinion this drug is a last resort only. Consider other options ie surgery. Really take your time about it, do not listen to others about having trust in ur doc, do ur own research about all the side effects. I am 38 years old single and this is what I will be for the rest of my life now. This disease affects us in so many other ways ppl can't even fathom.”

Spud · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2021

“Xiaflex worked to a degree as my urethra was partially blocked. But my unit went from a thick 6 inches to an anemic 3 inches at most. 2 years after my final treatment it's embarrassingly small and stretching does nothing. I'm less of a man than I used to be and I remain single now by choice. I would try any other treatment and use Xiaflex only as a last resort.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 3, 2020

“Don't waste your time or money. I went to my urologist for the treatment , who was excellent. Little bruising or discomfort with the injections. After 4 courses of injections over several months, NOTHING. I even purchased an expensive traction devise and followed the instructions perfectly....The only option for this disease unfortunately is surgery if you want any results at all. So glad my health insurance paid for this as it's VERY expensive and ineffective.”

Xiaflex hater · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2020

“Terrible experience with Xiaflex! This is a very bad drug! It left me worse than I was! I wish I would have never done this. I felt a burst, worst bruising ever. So very painful! I still don't feel right, this has messed me up big time!!! This drug should not be used for this!! Rating this drug as a 1 is too high!”

Rustsmith December 21, 2020

“I am very satisfied with how things have gone and am happy that I chose to go the Xiaflex route. I have had two sets of injections with the third set scheduled. I started out with 65 degree curvature and am now down to 20 degrees. I would be thrilled if I was left with no further improvement since 20 degrees is mild compared to where I was. Yes, the injections are painful, but that isn't surprising considering the location. And I experienced severe bruising each time and a bit of pain for about three days afterwards. I should add that I also have Dupuytrene's, so that is the source of my plaques, not injury.”

Carlsbad guy February 19, 2021

“I am a 56 YO male of good health. Just finished my 3rd round of therapy including modeling. I had a 45 degree curvature which is now 20% and very functional and manageable. I had a good urologist that followed the recommended protocol to the letter. Although the injections were painful initially, I was able to tolerate them more in the subsequent series. Furthermore, I had my doctor provide me with a noavacaine numbing cream about 5 minutes prior that reduced injection pain considerably. Make sure you ask for that as it makes a considerable difference. I did have some bruising after each injection but it always cleared up within a week and was manageable. I am very happy with the results so far and will see him in two months for a Trimex evaluation to determine whether I want to precede any further. I would recommend this therapy. However, find a good urologist, and do all of the home modeling he recommends between series and beyond so you continue to stretch and reform.”

Eric · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 9, 2021

“I’m very surprised by the bad experiences. Fortunately my experience has been good. I’ve had 3 series. I completed shot 1 of the 3rd today. I’ve never had a reaction but on the way to the car I had pain from my sacrum to my knees. I had to wait a bit before driving home. Not sure what that was about. As far as success some length loss but girth returned and has straightened. I’ve been pleased.”

Anonymous February 10, 2021

“On my second shot but I think this is it after reading some of these comments, I'm Praying to God that I don't get any shorter than I'm now!!! I'm still tender at the base after one week. It looks better but trying to stay away from an erection.”

Keiko October 1, 2020

“Opted for surgery over Xiaflex. Had plaque the entire length with a hinge at the top 3rd. Now totally straight without ED, but lost substantial length and girth where the plaque couldn’t be removed. Overall, it’s a better deal. Doc Hauser was very good taking me from a 110 degree curve to 0 degree. Lament the length loss but I’m straight as an arrow!! Also asked (kept asking) and received male intimate care post op which lessened my already strained emotional state.”

StillBent · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 2, 2021

“I went through two cycles of this treatment and for me all it did was change the bend. It bothers me more than it does anybody else. Not to disparage my doctor but he didn't describe the penile molding as well as he should have until after the second shot of my second cycle”

Learn more about Peyronie's Disease