User Reviews for Clotrimazole

Also known as: Clotrimazole Troche, Mycelex Troche

Learn more about Clotrimazole.

Clotrimazole Rating Summary

4.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Oral Thrush.

Reviews for Clotrimazole to treat Oral Thrush

"I just finished taking 5 tablets per day for 14 days. Although clotrimazole appeared to be helping after the first few days, it thereafter seemed to have no effect on my oral thrush. It is as bad now as it was before I started the medicine. I got the oral thrush from using Flonase, a corticosteroid. I do not have any other health problems."

GF19 August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is my 5th and last day to take lozenges, yet I haven't seen a significant difference on my tongue. Baking soda paste showed better results. Yogurt does not work for a lot of people due to intolerance to lactose. It just makes the situation worse with digestive problems and acid reflux. Going to ask Doctor to do lab test to see if it's a resistant strain before spending a lot of unnecessary money on more pills."

Anonymous July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been on it for 14 days, first few days showed a big improvement, but then seemed to stop working. Finished course and discomfort is back and getting worse. Will need to return to doctor. Unfortunately this is Christmas holiday and office is closed. Disappointed and worried that this condition will be difficult to get rid of."

doonhamer (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Didn't work very well after 14 days/5 tablets a day...still raw and hurts a bit, particularly when certain foods are eaten"

DHR August 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given a prescription of Clotrimazole 10 mg Troche. It did not work for me and made my mouth raw with big single blisters 3 or 4. Scary stuff. I started Wednesday afternoon with one single dose and took the medicine for 4 more days. It made the taste of mouth worse. I had to stop it and let the physician know."

Warning! August 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mycelex Troche (clotrimazole): "I took 2 rounds of Mycelex Troche lozenges, 10 days each, 5 lozenges per day. I still have a raw area on inside of lower lip and do not feel "cured." I am going to ask my Doctor to try Diflucan next. I take a probiotic daily, a multi-vitamin and eat yogurt, yet this has never resolved."

PCPeony January 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Only second day into it. Too soon to say but could not prevent lozenge from dissolving in only about five minutes. Was alarmed at brilliant yellow color of stools but then figured it out. It is not necessarily a problem but I wish my nurse had warned me."

Anonymous July 3, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mycelex Troche (clotrimazole): "I found the Troche very easy to use and not in the least objectionable. I have used it as prescribed for 7 days but feel that it should have been issued for a longer period of time. My mouth and throat are still sensitive and burning."

Anonymous November 27, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Clotrimazole Troche (clotrimazole): "Tastes good and works fast!"

Anonymous February 2, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mycelex Troche (clotrimazole): "This was very easy to take. I noticed after taking it for 7 days (out of the 10 perscribed) that my thrush was completely gone. I noticed no side effects. I took it for all 10 days."

Anonymous July 6, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mycelex Troche (clotrimazole): "I was on it for 10 days (5 tablets a day), it did not work for me and it was expensive even with insurance. The tablets are sweet like candy so they are easy to take."

Cocabo June 27, 2009