User Reviews for Clotrimazole systemic

Oral Thrush
3.3

Summary of Clotrimazole reviews 3.3 19 reviews

Reviews for Clotrimazole

For Oral Thrush: "Didn't help at all. Probably made it worse lol"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "This medicine is useless. Does not even touch your thrush problem. Big waste of time, waste of money. There has to be something better out there."

Hazyshadez (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "2 rounds of clotrimazole & I still have thrush. Dr switched me to fluconazole. I’m praying it works. I’ll update after my round is over. I’ve only taken my 3rd pill tonight. But I would never use clotrimazole again. Cost way too much money to be so ineffective."

Mel (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "Doesn't work, don't waste your time. Nystatin and Fluconazole are much better. As soon as I got rid of the thrush, I had a root canal done that became infected. Didn't want to take the antibiotic because I knew it would wipe out weeks of progress, but had to take it. Thrush came back with a vengeance. This time doc put me on two weeks on Clotrimazole, it did nothing. Disgusted, going to doc and asking for Fluconazole. I so want sugar and baked goods, it's been forbidden food for over two months. Mouth has been so sore on and off that I have lost 16 pounds, unable to eat every time I have to start a new course of treatment."

Cat (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "I started this medication for oral thrush and after 3 days my gums swelled up to the point I couldn't close my mouth because my teeth would bite into my gums then I ended up with 3-4 blisters on my gums. I had to discontinue the medication and use gly oxide mouthwash alternating with hydrogen peroxide for the swelling of my gums and the blisters which has helped the swelling tremendously. However the thrush on my tongue is no longer visible will it stay gone? Too soon to tell. Not worth the agony."

Tallaw (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "I am taking it for Sjogren’s - and was so excited because I have become so used to Nystatin, I was just living with this disgusting symptom. Every day I take the lozenge, about an hour after, I get really weird and extreme stomach pains."

Sjogren’s (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2018

Mycelex Troche (clotrimazole) for Oral Thrush: "Given this for 14 days. Other than the frequency of talking the tablets, it is easy to use and tastes fine. However, it did not resolve the issue ... and within 12 hours the symptoms were back, with little white blisters on my very sore tongue. Rebound? I don’t know, but this did not work for me. Dentist is having me wait for three days to see if it clears up! Ouch!"

K (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "I have been taking the troche 10 mg and have experienced everything from panic attacks, hot cold chills with no fever, mouth was getting better but not any more plus I have the runs and dizzy. This stuff isn't very good seeing doc on Monday. However sadly to get better one has to cut out sweets, and processed foods."

Becca (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "I just finished taking 5 tablets per day for 14 days. Although clotrimazole appeared to be helping after the first few days, it thereafter seemed to have no effect on my oral thrush. It is as bad now as it was before I started the medicine. I got the oral thrush from using Flonase, a corticosteroid. I do not have any other health problems."

GF19 August 29, 2017

For Oral Thrush: "This is my 5th and last day to take lozenges, yet I haven't seen a significant difference on my tongue. Baking soda paste showed better results. Yogurt does not work for a lot of people due to intolerance to lactose. It just makes the situation worse with digestive problems and acid reflux. Going to ask Doctor to do lab test to see if it's a resistant strain before spending a lot of unnecessary money on more pills."

Anonymous July 4, 2017

For Oral Thrush: "Been on it for 14 days, first few days showed a big improvement, but then seemed to stop working. Finished course and discomfort is back and getting worse. Will need to return to doctor. Unfortunately this is Christmas holiday and office is closed. Disappointed and worried that this condition will be difficult to get rid of."

doonhamer (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2016

For Oral Thrush: "Didn't work very well after 14 days/5 tablets a day...still raw and hurts a bit, particularly when certain foods are eaten"

DHR August 22, 2016

For Oral Thrush: "I was given a prescription of Clotrimazole 10 mg Troche. It did not work for me and made my mouth raw with big single blisters 3 or 4. Scary stuff. I started Wednesday afternoon with one single dose and took the medicine for 4 more days. It made the taste of mouth worse. I had to stop it and let the physician know."

Warning! August 16, 2016

Mycelex Troche (clotrimazole) for Oral Thrush: "I took 2 rounds of Mycelex Troche lozenges, 10 days each, 5 lozenges per day. I still have a raw area on inside of lower lip and do not feel "cured." I am going to ask my Doctor to try Diflucan next. I take a probiotic daily, a multi-vitamin and eat yogurt, yet this has never resolved."

PCPeony January 30, 2016

For Oral Thrush: "Only second day into it. Too soon to say but could not prevent lozenge from dissolving in only about five minutes. Was alarmed at brilliant yellow color of stools but then figured it out. It is not necessarily a problem but I wish my nurse had warned me."

Anonymous July 3, 2011

Mycelex Troche (clotrimazole) for Oral Thrush: "I found the Troche very easy to use and not in the least objectionable. I have used it as prescribed for 7 days but feel that it should have been issued for a longer period of time. My mouth and throat are still sensitive and burning."

Anonymous November 27, 2010

Clotrimazole Troche (clotrimazole) for Oral Thrush: "Tastes good and works fast!"

Anonymous February 2, 2010

Mycelex Troche (clotrimazole) for Oral Thrush: "This was very easy to take. I noticed after taking it for 7 days (out of the 10 perscribed) that my thrush was completely gone. I noticed no side effects. I took it for all 10 days."

Anonymous July 6, 2009

Mycelex Troche (clotrimazole) for Oral Thrush: "I was on it for 10 days (5 tablets a day), it did not work for me and it was expensive even with insurance. The tablets are sweet like candy so they are easy to take."

Cocabo June 27, 2009