User Reviews for Veltin

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Veltin.

Acne
7.3

Summary of Veltin reviews 7.3 24 reviews

Reviews for Veltin

For Acne "I have been using Veltin for a few months for acne and layers of skin and ingrown hairs. It is the best topical treatment I've ever used. Anyone serious about their skin has to go through the time of having ugly cystic acne come out. The reason some people don't give it 10 stars is because you breakout initially but if you are educated about skin, then you know you have to break out first for you skin to get better. I have been very depressed because my face got so bad I looked like a different person and still do, but Veltin is helping me get my face back."

nashvillebabe69 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I originally has mild pustular acne. I used Veltin for 5 weeks before giving up. My face became red, weeping, stinging, and covered in cystic acne while using it. I used it once a night as prescribed and would use Cetaphil lotion on my face morning and night to try to hydrate my skin. It got to the point where I did not want to go to work because of comments. Just putting water on my face made me cry. Within 2 weeks of stopping my acne is back to mild and my face is healing with 2 scars from where it was peeling and weeping."

Gurgi22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been using this for about 2 and a half weeks now, I initially broke out significantly but now that has calmed down along with my acne in general. I do still get some small zits here and there but they quickly subside or stay very small. My skin also peeled a lot and has dried up but I can see that gradually improving as well. The scarring has gotten slightly better but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far overall."

First time user August 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've used this medicine for about a week along with a prescribed antibiotic, I have noticed that it is significantly cleared up. But it's making my face look sunburnt without being in the sun too much. My neck also recently just got really red from halfway up. Overall it's been decent, peeling, redness, and occasional burning. But, so far I like the results."

Justwantclearskin12 (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I'm a teenager with moderate acne, and I used this product in conjunction with 50mg of doxycycline twice daily for two months. All I can say is, neither of these products helped my skin at all, and I'll say that they probably made my skin worse. The first two weeks on these products, my skin did nothing, got neither worse nor better, but by week 3 my face exploded with acne in places I usually don't even get acne, and for the rest of the two months my skin got no better after that breakout. I even went dairy free in order to hopefully reap the best results from this product, but it didn't work out either way."

Caroline1213 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I am in my 30's and have hormonal acne. I have issues with my thyroid and produce too much androgen. Thank goodness for this stuff!!! It took a month or so to work but I'm so thankful not to have cystic chin acne. I have suffered on and off since my teens. Usually always have a few cystic bulbs on my chin, cheeks, or neck. I was supposed to use this RX along with oral antibiotics but they made me too sick so I didn't use them. This topical RX did the job for me. I've tried so many things."

Summer1987time (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Veltin is great for my mild/moderate acne. I have had acne for many years trying numerous products to help. I was on Accutane and that cleared me up but about a year ago it started to come back. Eventually I went to the dermatologist and they gave me Veltin. I had amazing improvements within a day. Now a few weeks using it my skin is very smooth and now has the chance to heal from previous breakouts. It does not irritate my skin and I only had minor peeling. Others results might vary."

James45451 June 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "The first week my skin got very dry and patchy. It peeled a good bit. The second week my skin broke out worse than it ever has, and I started getting really discouraged that it wasn't working and I felt like it had made my skin worse. I am now about to finish up my third week, and my skin is really clearing up well. I would say be patient with this product and give it one full month, and you will begin to see results. The method I use is washing my face, patting it dry, putting on a moisturizer, waiting about 10-15 minutes, then applying the veltin only on the acne spots. This has seemed to work best for me."

RedAA January 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I was applying it nightly at first and realized it was causing my skin to peel a lot. Switched to using it every 3-4 nights and exfoliated my skin every morning. After about a month I was able to put it on every night with no peeling issues. I also started only putting it on my problem areas (acne scars) rather than my whole face. Flash forward 3 months later from my first night using it and my skin looks GREAT. You have to be patient and find a regime that works for you. Yes, your skin will peel at first..but you can also use it sparingly so your skin gets used to it. You don't have to torture yourself and use it every night at first. Start slow but keep a schedule. I put it on once a week now. I'm happy I stuck with it!"

Mh9989 November 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "After 3 failed acne Rx's (epiduo, sulfer face wash, minocycline) my 13yo daughter was prescribed this in conjunction w/ amoxicillin by a dermatologist (first 3 were from a pediatrician). I has worked very well and finally cleared her acne up. Her acne was moderate when we started w/ the Rx's, but then I'd say 2 months of minocycline got it in the severe range. Now her face is pretty much all clear after 2 months on this product and amoxicillin. She had/has some occaisional dryness and peeling, especially w/ her lips, but it was minor and much better than dealing w/ acne. I like this product."

Mom56789 November 14, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I started using this and it was fine until my face one morning started burning really bad, my face was bright red!! When I tried to wash it off my face started stinging and burning so bad I could have cried"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I had many obnoxious but small bumps on my forehead this past summer. Along with that, the occasional large zit. I got put on veltin by my dermatologist, and began using it on august 3rd. At first I used it every other night on my whole face except my cheeks, and experienced a bit of dryness around my mouth, and overall redness. That subsided fairly quickly and I began to use it once a day at night, at least a half hour after showering and moisturizing to minimize stinging. Today is september 24, and my skin has been perfectly clear for two weeks! I have adjusted to the dryness, and my skin is very happy!"

Mac11990 September 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Worst topical medicine i have ever used. After applying once on my already almost healed pimples, it burnt my face, made it swollen and look way worse than it was before. Now have to roam around with a burnt face and big scars on my face. I would never ever recommend this to anyone."

SG81 August 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've used Veltin for about 3-5 months , but i get lazy so I'll say like 2 months . I've gotten complements abouy that it got better since last year , people will rate me a 7 or 8. If i used it more often , like every night I know it would be much more clearer and you can really see the changes about a week or two but you have to be patient."

Anonymous August 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This gel will make you break out like crazy in the first few weeks. I never broke out that much to begin with it got me so worried , I kept using it and weeks past by its over a month it cleared up my skin and my scars . I am so happy my face is clear it works really good. Anyone who is using veltin should give it a chance be patience with it , it will clear up."

longhairdontcare May 12, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I started using Veltin about a month ago for acne on my body and all I can say is THANK THE LORD! After years of trying benzoyl peroxide products and other ineffective topical treatments, I finally found the right medication! Pros- reduces blemish size, lightens scaring and pigmentation a lot, pretty fast acting for me it only took a month for incredible results and still getting even better because I'm still not totally clear yet but I'd give it 2 more weeks to be all clear. Cons- causes itchiness, peeling and redness but subsides after a few weeks. My tip is don't be lazy or impacient when it comes this product because the whole purpose is to bring up the new skin that is healthy and shed the damaged skin and acne."

Dec 3rd 2014 December 3, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have used Epiduo in the past. Veltin appears to help many people and be a great product, it doesn't help me too much! It causes my skin to be irritated, and I automatically started peeling like CRAZY after one dosage. Everyone is different, but if Veltin isn't working for you, try Epiduo!"

sammydeez (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I'm 15 and started using this around January 2013. I had mostly acne on my forehead no where else. It cleared it up really well and I had clear skin for about 3 months. Then summer started and my hormones started acting up and I brokeout a ton on my cheeks and sort of on my forehead. I know it's not Veltins fault, but I am taking minocycline pills with the Veltin now. All I have to say is VELTIN IS GREAT, don't stop using it. It also cleared up my back acne."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Started using Veltin in August. Started seeing results (less cystic breakouts), but didn't see consistent results until December. All I can say is stick with it! I now regularly go 2-3 weeks without any breakouts, 100% clear. Prior to Veltin, breakouts happened every 1-2 days. Major con is it dries out skin (not just where it just feels dry, but actual peeling). The dry skin rubs off in the shower. Pro is since it is a retinoid product, new skin feels and looks healthier."

Anonymous February 18, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have been using Veltin gel for a week now. I haven't had any of the side effects. I use Veltin at night after washing with Cetaphil daily facial wash. I also take 50 mg of doxycycline hyclate twice a day. As a former Proactiv user, this is wonderful. I will not waste anymore money on Proactiv or any other over the counter acne medication."

takekakeyes November 27, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been using this, along with a medicated morning scrub, for about 3 months now. I've noticed less inflamed acne spots, but I still get normal break out flares at different times. I'm still waiting to see consistent results at this point. But, I did stop using the Veltin Gel while I had a stomach virus, and even just missing the one dose that evening, the next day I had brand new flare ups of acne. So the medicine is definitely doing something."

Anonymous October 5, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have been using this for about a month and a half. It dry's my skin out and need to moisturize about 5 times a day opposed to twice. My face will get clear and then break out again. I'm still waiting on results."

Anonymous July 26, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have been using Veltin for about two months now. It works. I use a scrub every morning, moisturizer, then at night I wash with a foaming wash better than previous acne washes I've been using--then the Veltin. Wait an hour and then my moisturizer. Great routine. I got the flu and had to stop my routine because I was too sick and tired, acne returned worse after 2 days. Back on my routine and it is getting better."

Anonymous December 10, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Using Veltin gel every night for about a week now. I put on Cereve lotion first than apply a small amount. So far it has been working great. All the smaller bumps disappeared and the larger ones decreased dramatically. I have even had comments that my skin is looking great. I'm excited to see the long term results, but so far so good."

Anonymous November 9, 2010