User Reviews for Veltin

Acne
7.2

Summary of Veltin reviews 7.2 32 reviews

Reviews for Veltin

For Acne "I went to the dermatologist seeking help for young, hormonal acne before it got worse. I tried clendimycin. It worked until my skin began to break out. My dermatologist recommended Veltin. It worked well, however, my skin dried out. It started to peel back, almost like a bad sunburn. I recommend using veltin, as long as you use a moisturizer with it. I am going on an excursion out of the country soon, and I was starting to run out. (Note: it is recommended not to use a benzoyl peroxide with veltin which decreases the effectiveness of the product.) I dismissed this claim and I am using a non-prescription benzoyl peroxide product, at time of spot treating problem zones with veltin. No complications have came yet, however, use with caution as this product WILL dry your skin, and even more irritation will occur if using a more vigorous product at the same time. I recommend this product for moderate acne."

Lizzie June 15, 2018

For Acne "I have only been using this product for a few days and I haven't seen much improvement but after reading these reviews I wanted to share what my dermatologist recommended. She told me not to follow the directions in the box, rather keep your face damp (wet, but not dripping wet) after washing it and then apply a pea size amount of the product to the entire face. So essentially, you are working the product into your face with the water to help reduce dryness. This is a great tip because I have pretty sensitive skin, and my skin has barely gotten dry in the few days that I have been using this. If you're experiencing extreme dryness or any textural problems, I recommend you try this tip out! Hope that this helps someone out there."

Poopy2023 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

For Acne "I have light acne, just many little ones on my forehead and this clears up my skin within a week every time it breaks out again. It seems to dry out the pimples and make your skin quite dry and flakey but if you use a moisturizer after you’ll be fine. Absolutely love this and recommend!!"

Gia (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For Acne "Absolutely horrible. After using for only two days my skin feels like it is on fire constantly. It literally feels like my skin is burning off of my face. This was after only two small applications to my face."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

For Acne "I was continually breaking out, big ones, small ones, and everything in between. The FIRST night I used the Veltin gel, I woke up with clearer skin and only one blemish. The second night, same results the following morning. Now after 4 nights of using it, my skin looks great, no pimples at all, my pores are smaller and cleaner....it's the skin I've always wished I had. I did take a. break from using it last night because I noticed some dryness starting but so far everything's still fine. I love it!"

Snugga (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2018

For Acne "I’m 34. I have very dry skin, but also constantly have hormonal acne around chin and cheeks. Like every week I had a new, huge zit on my cheek to cover. It was so humiliating! I first tried this and stopped using because it dried my face out way too much. Then, out of disgust and desperation I realized ok I have to try to clear this skin. Do NOT apply to your whole face! Only to your problem zones and then only every other night if your sensitive! And I sometimes do every two nights. Also, the key to me is use your moisturizer, then apply this Veltin over that to the acne areas. Now scarring has faded and I have actual felt smooth cheeks and no zits popping up every other week! I feel hopeful that over time my skin will adapt even more to the product."

Grace luv February 9, 2018

For Acne "I'm 19 years old and I started Veltin in May 17 for both hormonal acne but specifically for the many whiteheads that covered my forehead. By July, my skin was completely clear. I know that this medication did it's exact job but it also came with the side effects of having dry skin permanently, my face becoming red whenever I walk out into the sun, and having random rashes on my face due to how sensitive it is. I'm no longer using the medication because after I moved from Florida to New Hampshire, my skin was extremely dry and it caused more problems than benefits. I haven't had a single acne cyst since my skin has been clear. My only problem now is dealing with my skin texture and my skin occasionally peeling if my skin disagrees with something."

britdun (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2017

For Acne "I've been using this product for about a year, but started to apply it from once a day, to every other day, to stopping the treatment all together because it irritated my skin so much that it started peeling and burning around my mouth and nose, then started to spread to my cheeks. It was noticeably red with makeup on and all together looks terrible. It eventually made my acne from horrible, to worse, to okay, to awful. I don’t recommend this product to people with very sensitive skin."

liss.mer December 29, 2017

For Acne "I have been using Veltin for a few months for acne and layers of skin and ingrown hairs. It is the best topical treatment I've ever used. Anyone serious about their skin has to go through the time of having ugly cystic acne come out. The reason some people don't give it 10 stars is because you breakout initially but if you are educated about skin, then you know you have to break out first for you skin to get better. I have been very depressed because my face got so bad I looked like a different person and still do, but Veltin is helping me get my face back."

nashvillebabe69 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2017

For Acne "I originally has mild pustular acne. I used Veltin for 5 weeks before giving up. My face became red, weeping, stinging, and covered in cystic acne while using it. I used it once a night as prescribed and would use Cetaphil lotion on my face morning and night to try to hydrate my skin. It got to the point where I did not want to go to work because of comments. Just putting water on my face made me cry. Within 2 weeks of stopping my acne is back to mild and my face is healing with 2 scars from where it was peeling and weeping."

Gurgi22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2017

For Acne "I've been using this for about 2 and a half weeks now, I initially broke out significantly but now that has calmed down along with my acne in general. I do still get some small zits here and there but they quickly subside or stay very small. My skin also peeled a lot and has dried up but I can see that gradually improving as well. The scarring has gotten slightly better but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far overall."

First time user August 24, 2017

For Acne "I've used this medicine for about a week along with a prescribed antibiotic, I have noticed that it is significantly cleared up. But it's making my face look sunburnt without being in the sun too much. My neck also recently just got really red from halfway up. Overall it's been decent, peeling, redness, and occasional burning. But, so far I like the results."

Justwantclearskin12 (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

For Acne "I'm a teenager with moderate acne, and I used this product in conjunction with 50mg of doxycycline twice daily for two months. All I can say is, neither of these products helped my skin at all, and I'll say that they probably made my skin worse. The first two weeks on these products, my skin did nothing, got neither worse nor better, but by week 3 my face exploded with acne in places I usually don't even get acne, and for the rest of the two months my skin got no better after that breakout. I even went dairy free in order to hopefully reap the best results from this product, but it didn't work out either way."

Caroline1213 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2017

For Acne "I am in my 30's and have hormonal acne. I have issues with my thyroid and produce too much androgen. Thank goodness for this stuff!!! It took a month or so to work but I'm so thankful not to have cystic chin acne. I have suffered on and off since my teens. Usually always have a few cystic bulbs on my chin, cheeks, or neck. I was supposed to use this RX along with oral antibiotics but they made me too sick so I didn't use them. This topical RX did the job for me. I've tried so many things."

Summer1987time (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2017

For Acne "Veltin is great for my mild/moderate acne. I have had acne for many years trying numerous products to help. I was on Accutane and that cleared me up but about a year ago it started to come back. Eventually I went to the dermatologist and they gave me Veltin. I had amazing improvements within a day. Now a few weeks using it my skin is very smooth and now has the chance to heal from previous breakouts. It does not irritate my skin and I only had minor peeling. Others results might vary."

James45451 June 24, 2017

For Acne "The first week my skin got very dry and patchy. It peeled a good bit. The second week my skin broke out worse than it ever has, and I started getting really discouraged that it wasn't working and I felt like it had made my skin worse. I am now about to finish up my third week, and my skin is really clearing up well. I would say be patient with this product and give it one full month, and you will begin to see results. The method I use is washing my face, patting it dry, putting on a moisturizer, waiting about 10-15 minutes, then applying the veltin only on the acne spots. This has seemed to work best for me."

RedAA January 18, 2017

For Acne "I was applying it nightly at first and realized it was causing my skin to peel a lot. Switched to using it every 3-4 nights and exfoliated my skin every morning. After about a month I was able to put it on every night with no peeling issues. I also started only putting it on my problem areas (acne scars) rather than my whole face. Flash forward 3 months later from my first night using it and my skin looks GREAT. You have to be patient and find a regime that works for you. Yes, your skin will peel at first..but you can also use it sparingly so your skin gets used to it. You don't have to torture yourself and use it every night at first. Start slow but keep a schedule. I put it on once a week now. I'm happy I stuck with it!"

Mh9989 November 16, 2016

For Acne "After 3 failed acne Rx's (epiduo, sulfer face wash, minocycline) my 13yo daughter was prescribed this in conjunction w/ amoxicillin by a dermatologist (first 3 were from a pediatrician). I has worked very well and finally cleared her acne up. Her acne was moderate when we started w/ the Rx's, but then I'd say 2 months of minocycline got it in the severe range. Now her face is pretty much all clear after 2 months on this product and amoxicillin. She had/has some occaisional dryness and peeling, especially w/ her lips, but it was minor and much better than dealing w/ acne. I like this product."

Mom56789 November 14, 2016

For Acne "I started using this and it was fine until my face one morning started burning really bad, my face was bright red!! When I tried to wash it off my face started stinging and burning so bad I could have cried"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016

For Acne "I had many obnoxious but small bumps on my forehead this past summer. Along with that, the occasional large zit. I got put on veltin by my dermatologist, and began using it on august 3rd. At first I used it every other night on my whole face except my cheeks, and experienced a bit of dryness around my mouth, and overall redness. That subsided fairly quickly and I began to use it once a day at night, at least a half hour after showering and moisturizing to minimize stinging. Today is september 24, and my skin has been perfectly clear for two weeks! I have adjusted to the dryness, and my skin is very happy!"

Mac11990 September 25, 2016

For Acne "Worst topical medicine i have ever used. After applying once on my already almost healed pimples, it burnt my face, made it swollen and look way worse than it was before. Now have to roam around with a burnt face and big scars on my face. I would never ever recommend this to anyone."

SG81 August 17, 2016

For Acne "I've used Veltin for about 3-5 months , but i get lazy so I'll say like 2 months . I've gotten complements abouy that it got better since last year , people will rate me a 7 or 8. If i used it more often , like every night I know it would be much more clearer and you can really see the changes about a week or two but you have to be patient."

Anonymous August 15, 2016

For Acne "This gel will make you break out like crazy in the first few weeks. I never broke out that much to begin with it got me so worried , I kept using it and weeks past by its over a month it cleared up my skin and my scars . I am so happy my face is clear it works really good. Anyone who is using veltin should give it a chance be patience with it , it will clear up."

longhairdontcare May 12, 2015

For Acne "I started using Veltin about a month ago for acne on my body and all I can say is THANK THE LORD! After years of trying benzoyl peroxide products and other ineffective topical treatments, I finally found the right medication! Pros- reduces blemish size, lightens scaring and pigmentation a lot, pretty fast acting for me it only took a month for incredible results and still getting even better because I'm still not totally clear yet but I'd give it 2 more weeks to be all clear. Cons- causes itchiness, peeling and redness but subsides after a few weeks. My tip is don't be lazy or impacient when it comes this product because the whole purpose is to bring up the new skin that is healthy and shed the damaged skin and acne."

Dec 3rd 2014 December 3, 2014

For Acne "I have used Epiduo in the past. Veltin appears to help many people and be a great product, it doesn't help me too much! It causes my skin to be irritated, and I automatically started peeling like CRAZY after one dosage. Everyone is different, but if Veltin isn't working for you, try Epiduo!"

sammydeez (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2013