User Reviews for Veltin

Acne   7.4

Reviews for Veltin

l._.mond · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2019

For Acne: “I have been using this for a week and I’m already seeing amazing results but I have been using different stuff for a good 3 years and nothing worked until now.”

Anonymous June 5, 2019

For Acne: “I have been using Veltin for about 5 weeks now. At first I was worried when I started using it because it made me break out across my forehead. Luckily, the pimples were small and not severe. My skin has adjusted to the medicine, and although I still have some pimples, I’m pretty happy with the results. I’m going to continue to use this product throughout the summer.”

Chi town Girl May 7, 2019

For Acne: “This medicine Veltin is incredible, I am 39 and still get acne if my skin is left untreated. It became particularly bad following a very stressful month at work - I mean, so bad it was embarrassing, with big red zits, some I could pop, others wouldn’t pop and just festered away for ages -just gross. I went on Veltin and six months later I feel like a skin model. I can’t believe how good my skin looks. Zero acne. Nothing but a few blackheads around my nose from time to time that can easily be extracted. Plus this medicine has rentinols in it which are the best thing for anti-aging. So this is my anti-aging and anti-acne super weapon rolled into one powerful gel. You have to be patient with this medicine, however. At first your face may be very dry. I apply once per day at night and moisturize immediately after with a Cera Ve moisturizing cream, which is cheap, over the counter, and doesn’t cause breakouts. That helps tremendously.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 19, 2019

For Acne: “This stuff saved my life. It took a super long time to help my acne and may have actually made it worse, but I had been dealing with cystic acne and redness for a few months so I was desperate. After three months of using Veltin I completely stopped breaking out and now for the past six months I’ve been acne free. Just be very careful- a little goes a long way and if you overuse it your skin will peel like you’re moulting”

Nick January 11, 2019

For Acne: “This product works amazingly well. I've been using it for just a few weeks. I had strange oily cysts growing from underneath my skin and erupting at the surface. This gel stopped it in about 1-2 days, which allowed my skin to finally heal from that trauma caused by the cysts. It's a powerful medication so common sense is needed when using it. Think of it as an exfoliate on steroids. A normal exfoliate helps you to shed dead skin at a slow rate. THIS gel however will cause massive peeling after about 1 week's use. My dermatologist recommended this regimen: Wash with Cetaphil, pat dry, apply the gel, and follow up with the Cetaphil moisturizer. Only apply the gel at night since exposure to the sun is to be avoided when you have it on. When the peeling becomes too excessive for me, I stop and only apply the gel to the areas that were affected. If I do not, it will literally burn my skin on other areas of the face which looked just fine. So you have to use common sense.”

ssvd · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 11, 2018

For Acne: “When my daughter started off using Veltin she had very bad acne and it seemed like she was getting an allergic reaction from a retinoid in another product. She used so many products and we were so sure this wasn’t going to work but the dermatologist recommended using Veltin and applying small amounts all over the face before going to bed. After about a week of using Veltin her acne was gone and she had blemishes left and then after about a month her face was clear. It has been 6 months and she’s still using it to prevent future acne and the results are amazing!”

burningskin05 · Taken for less than 1 month December 5, 2018

For Acne: “The medication had severely dried up my skin. It is constantly peeling. Everything I do to it burns it so bad I want to cry. I can’t even touch around my under eyes. If helped clear up my acne decently fast. I’m going to keep using, but I hope the side effects go away SOON.”

ChiGal September 26, 2018

For Acne: “33yo. I just threw this out. Tried it for a week and I have 3 huge volcanoes on my face only where I applied it. I don’t have time to try acne gels that promise to clear up skin after it’s been purged. No thank you.”

C · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 19, 2018

For Acne: “I am a 29yr old woman who has suffered from acne since I was a teenager. I have been using veltin for about a year now. It has cleared up my acne and scars. I love it and am so happy I found it!”

Mira August 7, 2018

For Acne: “I used Veltin about a year or two ago, but stopped after about 8 months due to pharmacy switches and such. I remember that even then, this really helped my acne clear up and my skin to look much healthier. I’ve struggled with acne and minor breakouts over the last few years, and it’s most likely due to hormonal reasons since I’m still in my teenage years! I was able to resume using Veltin about a month or two ago, thank goodness! Now, my skin looks so healthy. I’ve also been using Aczone over the past two years, which definitely helps control my breakouts, but when I re-added Veltin, my skin has completely cleared up. I don’t think I’ve seen my skin look this healthy and clear in months!! It will dry out your skin though, but my dermatologist recommended to use a CeraVe moisturizer, which has seriously helped with preventing dryness and flakiness. I love this medication so much though; it really had worked wonders for my skin!”

Lizzie June 15, 2018

For Acne: “I went to the dermatologist seeking help for young, hormonal acne before it got worse. I tried clendimycin. It worked until my skin began to break out. My dermatologist recommended Veltin. It worked well, however, my skin dried out. It started to peel back, almost like a bad sunburn. I recommend using veltin, as long as you use a moisturizer with it. I am going on an excursion out of the country soon, and I was starting to run out. (Note: it is recommended not to use a benzoyl peroxide with veltin which decreases the effectiveness of the product.) I dismissed this claim and I am using a non-prescription benzoyl peroxide product, at time of spot treating problem zones with veltin. No complications have came yet, however, use with caution as this product WILL dry your skin, and even more irritation will occur if using a more vigorous product at the same time. I recommend this product for moderate acne.”

Poopy2023 · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2018

For Acne: “I have only been using this product for a few days and I haven't seen much improvement but after reading these reviews I wanted to share what my dermatologist recommended. She told me not to follow the directions in the box, rather keep your face damp (wet, but not dripping wet) after washing it and then apply a pea size amount of the product to the entire face. So essentially, you are working the product into your face with the water to help reduce dryness. This is a great tip because I have pretty sensitive skin, and my skin has barely gotten dry in the few days that I have been using this. If you're experiencing extreme dryness or any textural problems, I recommend you try this tip out! Hope that this helps someone out there.”

Gia · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2018

For Acne: “I have light acne, just many little ones on my forehead and this clears up my skin within a week every time it breaks out again. It seems to dry out the pimples and make your skin quite dry and flakey but if you use a moisturizer after you’ll be fine. Absolutely love this and recommend!!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2018

For Acne: “Absolutely horrible. After using for only two days my skin feels like it is on fire constantly. It literally feels like my skin is burning off of my face. This was after only two small applications to my face.”

Snugga · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2018

For Acne: “I was continually breaking out, big ones, small ones, and everything in between. The FIRST night I used the Veltin gel, I woke up with clearer skin and only one blemish. The second night, same results the following morning. Now after 4 nights of using it, my skin looks great, no pimples at all, my pores are smaller and cleaner....it's the skin I've always wished I had. I did take a. break from using it last night because I noticed some dryness starting but so far everything's still fine. I love it!”

Grace luv February 9, 2018

For Acne: “I’m 34. I have very dry skin, but also constantly have hormonal acne around chin and cheeks. Like every week I had a new, huge zit on my cheek to cover. It was so humiliating! I first tried this and stopped using because it dried my face out way too much. Then, out of disgust and desperation I realized ok I have to try to clear this skin. Do NOT apply to your whole face! Only to your problem zones and then only every other night if your sensitive! And I sometimes do every two nights. Also, the key to me is use your moisturizer, then apply this Veltin over that to the acne areas. Now scarring has faded and I have actual felt smooth cheeks and no zits popping up every other week! I feel hopeful that over time my skin will adapt even more to the product.”

britdun · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 29, 2017

For Acne: “I'm 19 years old and I started Veltin in May 17 for both hormonal acne but specifically for the many whiteheads that covered my forehead. By July, my skin was completely clear. I know that this medication did it's exact job but it also came with the side effects of having dry skin permanently, my face becoming red whenever I walk out into the sun, and having random rashes on my face due to how sensitive it is. I'm no longer using the medication because after I moved from Florida to New Hampshire, my skin was extremely dry and it caused more problems than benefits. I haven't had a single acne cyst since my skin has been clear. My only problem now is dealing with my skin texture and my skin occasionally peeling if my skin disagrees with something.”

liss.mer December 29, 2017

For Acne: “I've been using this product for about a year, but started to apply it from once a day, to every other day, to stopping the treatment all together because it irritated my skin so much that it started peeling and burning around my mouth and nose, then started to spread to my cheeks. It was noticeably red with makeup on and all together looks terrible. It eventually made my acne from horrible, to worse, to okay, to awful. I don’t recommend this product to people with very sensitive skin.”

nashvillebabe69 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2017

For Acne: “I have been using Veltin for a few months for acne and layers of skin and ingrown hairs. It is the best topical treatment I've ever used. Anyone serious about their skin has to go through the time of having ugly cystic acne come out. The reason some people don't give it 10 stars is because you breakout initially but if you are educated about skin, then you know you have to break out first for you skin to get better. I have been very depressed because my face got so bad I looked like a different person and still do, but Veltin is helping me get my face back.”

Gurgi22 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 7, 2017

For Acne: “I originally has mild pustular acne. I used Veltin for 5 weeks before giving up. My face became red, weeping, stinging, and covered in cystic acne while using it. I used it once a night as prescribed and would use Cetaphil lotion on my face morning and night to try to hydrate my skin. It got to the point where I did not want to go to work because of comments. Just putting water on my face made me cry. Within 2 weeks of stopping my acne is back to mild and my face is healing with 2 scars from where it was peeling and weeping.”

First time user August 24, 2017

For Acne: “I've been using this for about 2 and a half weeks now, I initially broke out significantly but now that has calmed down along with my acne in general. I do still get some small zits here and there but they quickly subside or stay very small. My skin also peeled a lot and has dried up but I can see that gradually improving as well. The scarring has gotten slightly better but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far overall.”

Justwantclearskin12 · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2017

For Acne: “I've used this medicine for about a week along with a prescribed antibiotic, I have noticed that it is significantly cleared up. But it's making my face look sunburnt without being in the sun too much. My neck also recently just got really red from halfway up. Overall it's been decent, peeling, redness, and occasional burning. But, so far I like the results.”

Caroline1213 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 25, 2017

For Acne: “I'm a teenager with moderate acne, and I used this product in conjunction with 50mg of doxycycline twice daily for two months. All I can say is, neither of these products helped my skin at all, and I'll say that they probably made my skin worse. The first two weeks on these products, my skin did nothing, got neither worse nor better, but by week 3 my face exploded with acne in places I usually don't even get acne, and for the rest of the two months my skin got no better after that breakout. I even went dairy free in order to hopefully reap the best results from this product, but it didn't work out either way.”

Summer1987time · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 6, 2017

For Acne: “I am in my 30's and have hormonal acne. I have issues with my thyroid and produce too much androgen. Thank goodness for this stuff!!! It took a month or so to work but I'm so thankful not to have cystic chin acne. I have suffered on and off since my teens. Usually always have a few cystic bulbs on my chin, cheeks, or neck. I was supposed to use this RX along with oral antibiotics but they made me too sick so I didn't use them. This topical RX did the job for me. I've tried so many things.”

James45451 June 24, 2017

For Acne: “Veltin is great for my mild/moderate acne. I have had acne for many years trying numerous products to help. I was on Accutane and that cleared me up but about a year ago it started to come back. Eventually I went to the dermatologist and they gave me Veltin. I had amazing improvements within a day. Now a few weeks using it my skin is very smooth and now has the chance to heal from previous breakouts. It does not irritate my skin and I only had minor peeling. Others results might vary.”