User Reviews for Cholestyramine

Also known as: Cholestyramine Light, Locholest, Locholest Light, Prevalite, Questran, Questran Light

Reviews for Cholestyramine to treat Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL

Questran Light (cholestyramine): "I used Questran Light for 2 years, one pouch/day at 3 PM. I was not aware that it should not stay in touch with the teeth for a long time. The Cholestyramine completlely damaged my teeth, causing rapid decay in almost all my teeth. Cholestyramine is an ion exchange resin, taking certain minerals in the resin. Many teeth had to be extracted and the others had extensive restoration work. My dentist said that it was impossible to just have such extensive decay, even if I would've been negligent on brushing. Oh how I would've liked to know to vigorously rinse out the cholestyramine suspension sticking on my teeth RIGHT AFTER ingestion. I also would have brushed my teeth RIGHT AFTER this rinsing of my mouth, not during the evening, it's too long a time. My suggestion: rinse out the remaining suspension very well right after ingestion and right after, gently brush your teeth with toothpaste."

Eugene June 14, 2018

Prevalite (cholestyramine): "Take it with water or juice, it has lowered my cholesterol significantly over the last 6 months."

Anonymous November 24, 2011