User Reviews for Questran Light

Hyperlipoproteinemia...Ia, Elevated LDL

1 review 30 medications

Reviews for Questran Light

For Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL "I used Questran Light for 2 years, one pouch/day at 3 PM. I was not aware that it should not stay in touch with the teeth for a long time. The Cholestyramine completlely damaged my teeth, causing rapid decay in almost all my teeth. Cholestyramine is an ion exchange resin, taking certain minerals in the resin. Many teeth had to be extracted and the others had extensive restoration work. My dentist said that it was impossible to just have such extensive decay, even if I would've been negligent on brushing. Oh how I would've liked to know to vigorously rinse out the cholestyramine suspension sticking on my teeth RIGHT AFTER ingestion. I also would have brushed my teeth RIGHT AFTER this rinsing of my mouth, not during the evening, it's too long a time. My suggestion: rinse out the remaining suspension very well right after ingestion and right after, gently brush your teeth with toothpaste."

Eugene June 14, 2018

For Crohn's Disease "Have used this medication since 1987 after partial bowel resection due to Crohn's Disease. I've had no adverse reaction in all these years of taking this medication."

Hez King January 23, 2015

For Crohn's Disease "It is early days yet (under one month) since I commenced treatment with Questran but there has been marked decrease in daily bowel activity. I have had Crohn's for the past 18 years and all other medications have proved to be largely ineffective. I have been concerned about the potentially dangerous side effects that some medicines that are prescribed for this condition may have. Since starting this course of treatment, my intake of codeine and Lomotil/Imodium has been minimal. While constipation has occurred, it has been manageable. Without going down this track, with four identified strictures I was looking down the barrel of surgery. I am moderately confident that at least so far this has been a positive move."

Merv s (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2012

For Crohn's Disease "For me Questran is fantastic. Without it I would be too ill to leave the house."

Anonymous March 23, 2009