User Reviews for Sinemet to treat Parkinson's Disease

Sinemet has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Parkinson's Disease. 67% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 22% reported a negative effect.

Sinemet Rating Summary

7.3/10 average rating

Compare all 67 medications used in the treatment of Parkinson's Disease.

Dottie's daughter · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 2, 2014

“My mom just celebrated her 1 year anniversary on Sinemet so I wanted to share an update to give anyone newly diagnosed hope. Her dose is now 4 tablets a day (25/100), which she takes at 9:00am, 1:00pm, 5:00pm and 9:00pm. We increased from 3 tablets a day probably around month six, and she's been really doing well since then. No tremors, no obvious rigidity (or any Parkinson's symptoms at all), good appetite. Zero side effects from the Sinemet, which is why I say "celebrated." This is a remarkably effective and very affordable medication. Mom will turn 88 in May. Wishing everyone the success that we have had. God bless.”

Dottie's daughter · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2013

“My mom has been on generic Sinemet for 8 weeks, and her improvement is remarkable. She's 86, and until the last 18 months, she had never taken any medication and was energetic and bubbly. She had a dramatic and fast onset of Parkinson's, and prior to starting this medication, she was almost completely debilitated. She looked like she was slowly dying. She lost a lot of weight, was shuffling, stooped in posture, exhausted, and confused. We took her to a neurologist who started the Sinemet slowly over a series of three-day incremental increases, and she started showing improvement almost immediately. She now takes 1 tablet three times a day (25/100). Zero side effects. And, now, two months into this, she's 75% back! It's a miracle!”

Dottie's daughter July 18, 2013

“I wanted to share an update on my Mom's status with the hope this information helps others. My Mom's been on the Sinemet now for five months. She's still taking 3 tablets a day (25/100)-- one in the morning upon rising; one early afternoon and one in the evening. She's had no side effects that we are aware of, and up until the last three weeks has been really doing well. Now she's starting to have increased fatigue and some confusion-- not terrible, but noticeable. I'm taking to her neurologist in two weeks to see if she needs a small increase in her dose. He said her current dose (1 pill three times a day) is low, and there is room to increase gradually. Mobility is still excellent and tremors are barely there.”

Woose March 19, 2018

“It stops tremors in its tracks I know bc I have Parkinson’s like symptoms and about 4 years ago I had started the tremors or shakes and my ex wife now made an appointment for me with a neurologist and he had prescribed me sinemet 25/100s three times daily but I still had a little tremor in my hands so he added one more pill per day to my regimen of three per day to four per day and that’s when the tremors stopped completely!!!”

R. Rab. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 20, 2017

“I have been taking Sinemet for more than 6 months. I started with 1 pill every meal (3 times a day) and then I went to two pills with every Meal. I feel Okay, except that I am having problems with my eyes. I see double sometimes. Furthermore, I have been afflicted with Steven-Johnston Syndrome, since the age of 19 years old. This causes Dry Eyes plus I have eye lashes going In ward, which does not help matters. I rated Sinemet as 8 but I am sure Sinemet is good for me since I no longer have the symptoms associated with Parkinson disease. My problems seem to be associated more with eyes”

Paul Hubby · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2018

“Since cutting my dosage of mirapexin which was causing me to sleep excessively and using sinemet I feel a lot better. I had also gained 12kilos while taking mirapexin which seemed to give me a sugar craving. I am not up to the full dose of sinemet yet but I am optimistic that I will lose the weight I have gained. Motor skills that I was told should return haven't as yet. Paul, 57, Sports Teacher. Brighton England”

wv_picker September 4, 2009

“Overall was an effective drug for me, but had problems with it wearing off between doses.”