User Reviews for Sinemet

Learn more about Sinemet.

Sinemet Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 64 medications used in the treatment of Parkinson's Disease.

Reviews for Sinemet to treat Parkinson's Disease

"I have been taking Sinemet for more than 6 months. I started with 1 pill every meal (3 times a day) and then I went to two pills with every Meal. I feel Okay, except that I am having problems with my eyes. I see double sometimes. Furthermore, I have been afflicted with Steven-Johnston Syndrome, since the age of 19 years old. This causes Dry Eyes plus I have eye lashes going In ward, which does not help matters. I rated Sinemet as 8 but I am sure Sinemet is good for me since I no longer have the symptoms associated with Parkinson disease. My problems seem to be associated more with eyes"

R. Rab. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My mom just celebrated her 1 year anniversary on Sinemet so I wanted to share an update to give anyone newly diagnosed hope. Her dose is now 4 tablets a day (25/100), which she takes at 9:00am, 1:00pm, 5:00pm and 9:00pm. We increased from 3 tablets a day probably around month six, and she's been really doing well since then. No tremors, no obvious rigidity (or any Parkinson's symptoms at all), good appetite. Zero side effects from the Sinemet, which is why I say "celebrated." This is a remarkably effective and very affordable medication. Mom will turn 88 in May. Wishing everyone the success that we have had. God bless."

Dottie's daughter (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 2, 2014

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I wanted to share an update on my Mom's status with the hope this information helps others. My Mom's been on the Sinemet now for five months. She's still taking 3 tablets a day (25/100)-- one in the morning upon rising; one early afternoon and one in the evening. She's had no side effects that we are aware of, and up until the last three weeks has been really doing well. Now she's starting to have increased fatigue and some confusion-- not terrible, but noticeable. I'm taking to her neurologist in two weeks to see if she needs a small increase in her dose. He said her current dose (1 pill three times a day) is low, and there is room to increase gradually. Mobility is still excellent and tremors are barely there."

Dottie's daughter July 18, 2013

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My mom has been on generic Sinemet for 8 weeks, and her improvement is remarkable. She's 86, and until the last 18 months, she had never taken any medication and was energetic and bubbly. She had a dramatic and fast onset of Parkinson's, and prior to starting this medication, she was almost completely debilitated. She looked like she was slowly dying. She lost a lot of weight, was shuffling, stooped in posture, exhausted, and confused. We took her to a neurologist who started the Sinemet slowly over a series of three-day incremental increases, and she started showing improvement almost immediately. She now takes 1 tablet three times a day (25/100). Zero side effects. And, now, two months into this, she's 75% back! It's a miracle!"

Dottie's daughter (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2013

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Overall was an effective drug for me, but had problems with it wearing off between doses."

wv_picker September 4, 2009