User Reviews for Stalevo to treat Parkinson's Disease

Stalevo has an average rating of 6.7 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Parkinson's Disease. 71% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 29% reported a negative experience.

Stalevo rating summary

6.7/10 average rating

Compare all 72 medications used in the treatment of Parkinson's Disease.

Luvstosew · February 16, 2010

"I have had PD since age 39. I have been taking Stalevo since available. It has worked wonders for me as long as I don't forget to take it. I tried all three compmonents of Stalevo as individual pills, and they did not work for me like their combination in Stalevo. Highly recommend."

Daughter of user · August 25, 2010

"My father was put on Stalevo and had to discontinue use after suffering side effects which came on after dosage was raised in succession. He has had severe side effects such as fatigue, diarrhea and he could barely function. He is no longer on the medication."

jackieq · April 10, 2010

"I was put on Stalevo and threw up for 2 days. First night hallucinations and insomnia. I read where if a history of melanoma you should not take this medicine. I do have history so called my neurologist and discontinued this medication."

SAJ · Taken for 5 to 10 years · October 13, 2021

"I'm 66 years old and I've had PD since 2009. I've been taking Stalevo for 5+ years and I take 5 a day. Have very little off time unless I'm late on taking my dosage. So far it's been pretty effective in treating my PD."

wv_picker · September 4, 2009

"Has helped with all of my symptoms and other problems, which I wasn't sure whether it was the disease or side effects of the agonists (Requip and Mirapex) I had taken before."

Anonymous · February 20, 2009

"No noticeable side effects."

Geronimo · Taken for 2 to 5 years · April 18, 2020

"Taking Stalevo 4x daily 200/50 for four years now for parkinson's disease. They work to me like spinach to Popeye's. The end of day side effects I'm having are nausea, fatigue and anxiety."

Learn more about Parkinson's Disease

Care guides

Medicine.com guides (external)

More about Stalevo (carbidopa / entacapone / levodopa)

Patient resources