User Reviews for Tiger Balm to treat Pain

Tiger Balm has an average rating of 7.4 out of 10 from a total of 22 ratings for the treatment of Pain. 59% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 14% reported a negative effect.

Tiger Balm Rating Summary

7.4/10 average rating

Compare all 1440 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Tiger Balm

Shortie · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 1, 2019

“When I get occasional back pain, Tiger Balm always works fast. It's so effective, I forget all about the pain and can get back to doing what I want to. It's a zillion percent better than any other pain rub or patch out there.”

BeeFubar February 18, 2017

“I bought Tiger balm over the counter to help ease my shoulder and neck pain and possibly to try on my back as I get stiff and feel constant pain due to a previous back injury. I use this ontop of strong medication (after consulting the gp) to help my muscle pain. It leaves a cold tingly feeling if you use it on a large area but it doesn't last long, helped the flexibility in my back and eased off the muscle pain in my neck and shoulders. It lasts for a few hours and doesn't smell too bad. I have the red ointment one with cinnamon in and its not an unpleasant smell. The balm does stick to your fingers a bit and takes a bit of scrubbing to get off. But overall a very good option for topical pain/joint medication. Would recommend trying!”

Moustache · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2016

“Muscle pain/stiffness. I've used heating pads, icy hot, Bengay cream, screaming toast...tiger balm doesn't get hot like Bengay cream does, but there is a nice tingling, and it lasts for about five hours. Increases flexibility and reduces pain. Smells awful unless you have a cold and then, it clears the sinuses! Even if it is not hot, DO NOT get in eyes, or other mucous membranes!!”

Lovetigerbalm · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 19, 2021

“Used for tennis elbow, the pain was waking me up in the middle of the night, used tiger balm before bed. I was able to get a full night sleep and some relief from the pain. Applied again in the morning and after a few days, was alot better.”

Skpn · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2020

“I have used Tiger balm for many years for headaches, but recently use white Tiger Balm. Applied small amount to right temple and forehead resulting in swelling and painful stinging to right eye and hives on my forehead and on skull under my hair. Had to attend emergency clinic as couldn't see, advised antihistamines and cold compress. Feels like a burning sensation, eye still swollen and painful but improving, skin feels like prickly heat. Always extra careful when using topical products so no mistakes but still got a painful reaction. Do not advise.”

Buns · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

“I used Tiger Balm one time on June 21st 2019 for pain in my wrist. By the next morning my wrist has broken out with a red rash that burns. I have tried several things and nothing is clearing it up so far. Please beware of this ointment.”

johnny · Taken for 10 years or more May 2, 2021

“I prefer the white tiger balm ointment because it does not stain. Been using Tiger Balm for over 50 years. Very effective against cramps and muscle pain, headaches, insect bite itch. I had to order online today because the white 30 g tiger balm jar sold out everywhere because lockdown and less physical activity caused muscle cramps.”

Mitch · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2021

“As a long term sufferer of back problems I've tried just about everything on the market. I recently found an old jar of Tiger Balm that my Pop had in his medicine cabinet with a manufactured date 21/12/89, that's 33yrs old and it still works great ! The problem now is, I'm not sure whether to keep using it, or donate it to a museum.”

Logan October 7, 2019

“When I used this product I put in on my temple for a headache but it only burns now yes I couldn't feel the head ache because my face was on fire. Not the best, I could have hurt myself for free with out buying this”

Back pain fixed · Taken for less than 1 month October 31, 2021

“My back pain in the lower flank was to the point of barely moving without yelling. The next day I tried old jar of Tiger Balm I didn't know I had in back of drawer from 2012. The next day it was like my back was back to normal.”

crystal · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2021

“In the past I have found Tiger Balm very effective for pain in my joints. Recently I have have suffered intense pain in my neck and shoulder and when all else failed I tried the balm again. Unfortunately, this time, although the pain subsided a bit I suffered an allergic reaction. My skin broke out in little sores and I was nearly screaming with the itch. I am an 87 year old woman”

KLB=50 February 21, 2020

“I have used Tiger Balm for years. I have had arthritis for over 20 years now and have tried many products. I try not to use any one product too much but when I hurt the most this is what I use”

RoddyT · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

“I recently had spine surgery and the extensive wear of the neck collar caused pain in my shoulders. After using Tiger Balm on a regular basis the pain in my shoulders has stopped.”

Hawk · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 25, 2019

“For muscle pain this is the best treatment there is. I had an impinged shoulder and since have had pain in my back and shoulders. I cannot recommend tiger balm enough”

nuttievicki · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 24, 2020

“I have arthritis in my neck which effects my shoulder back and arms when I having a bad day rush this into my shoulder and neck help relaxes my muscles with it warm heat 10/10”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2018

“works for pain, especially a stiff neck but only lasts maybe 20 minutes. Smells good in my opinion.”

Steve · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 20, 2019

“I use tigre balm rubbed into my forehead and temples to telieve a headache its also excellent for relieving a migraine”

Aho · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

“I used too much tiger Balm and it caused my skin to burn and irritation It was pain Even when my hair brush against the area I have put it on it makes it hurt”

Lili March 22, 2021

“I suffer from regular migraines and Tiger Balm is a life saver for me. The trick for me is to rub on back of neck and forehead”

Redz · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2019

“Left skin burning”

Army Mom November 25, 2020

“Pump bottle is BAD idea. No way to close the bottle without wasting lotion. And...if you don't completely close the bottle, your whole house smells like Tiger Balm! :(”

Kazper29 · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2021

“Do not buy this item, Tiger Balm Red Ointment... no effect at all. You just waste your hatd earned money”

Eholling2021 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 2, 2021

“One of my friends recommended me this product and to be exact. This stuff really works well. It even helped my shoulder pain. Would recommend it.”

John · Taken for less than 1 month November 15, 2021

“Works better than Vicks Vapo rub and Alevex. 10 stars. A little stronger so you don’t need to use much.”