User Reviews for Tiger Balm

Tiger Balm has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 23 ratings on Drugs.com. 61% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Pain
Dermatitis
10.0
Summary of Tiger Balm reviews 7.3 23 reviews

Reviews for Tiger Balm

Shortie · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 1, 2019

For Pain: “When I get occasional back pain, Tiger Balm always works fast. It's so effective, I forget all about the pain and can get back to doing what I want to. It's a zillion percent better than any other pain rub or patch out there.”

BeeFubar February 18, 2017

For Pain: “I bought Tiger balm over the counter to help ease my shoulder and neck pain and possibly to try on my back as I get stiff and feel constant pain due to a previous back injury. I use this ontop of strong medication (after consulting the gp) to help my muscle pain. It leaves a cold tingly feeling if you use it on a large area but it doesn't last long, helped the flexibility in my back and eased off the muscle pain in my neck and shoulders. It lasts for a few hours and doesn't smell too bad. I have the red ointment one with cinnamon in and its not an unpleasant smell. The balm does stick to your fingers a bit and takes a bit of scrubbing to get off. But overall a very good option for topical pain/joint medication. Would recommend trying!”

Moustache · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2016

For Pain: “Muscle pain/stiffness. I've used heating pads, icy hot, Bengay cream, screaming toast...tiger balm doesn't get hot like Bengay cream does, but there is a nice tingling, and it lasts for about five hours. Increases flexibility and reduces pain. Smells awful unless you have a cold and then, it clears the sinuses! Even if it is not hot, DO NOT get in eyes, or other mucous membranes!!”

johnny · Taken for 10 years or more May 2, 2021

For Pain: “I prefer the white tiger balm ointment because it does not stain. Been using Tiger Balm for over 50 years. Very effective against cramps and muscle pain, headaches, insect bite itch. I had to order online today because the white 30 g tiger balm jar sold out everywhere because lockdown and less physical activity caused muscle cramps.”

Buns · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

For Pain: “I used Tiger Balm one time on June 21st 2019 for pain in my wrist. By the next morning my wrist has broken out with a red rash that burns. I have tried several things and nothing is clearing it up so far. Please beware of this ointment.”

Skpn · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2020

For Pain: “I have used Tiger balm for many years for headaches, but recently use white Tiger Balm. Applied small amount to right temple and forehead resulting in swelling and painful stinging to right eye and hives on my forehead and on skull under my hair. Had to attend emergency clinic as couldn't see, advised antihistamines and cold compress. Feels like a burning sensation, eye still swollen and painful but improving, skin feels like prickly heat. Always extra careful when using topical products so no mistakes but still got a painful reaction. Do not advise.”

Logan October 7, 2019

For Pain: “When I used this product I put in on my temple for a headache but it only burns now yes I couldn't feel the head ache because my face was on fire. Not the best, I could have hurt myself for free with out buying this”

Theo · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 24, 2020

“I still love Tiger Balm but after using it on my face for congestion it worked well at first but caused severe swelling of my lips. Not painful but when I looked in the mirror. I resembled Donald Duck. Note: I did not look like Donald Duck prior to the reaction. Earlier in the day I had also used my inhaler. I was a heavy user of Chapstick and have not had the reaction since avoiding Tiger Balm and Chapstick. Bye bye to old friends.”

Mitch · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2021

For Pain: “As a long term sufferer of back problems I've tried just about everything on the market. I recently found an old jar of Tiger Balm that my Pop had in his medicine cabinet with a manufactured date 21/12/89, that's 33yrs old and it still works great ! The problem now is, I'm not sure whether to keep using it, or donate it to a museum.”

crystal · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2021

For Pain: “In the past I have found Tiger Balm very effective for pain in my joints. Recently I have have suffered intense pain in my neck and shoulder and when all else failed I tried the balm again. Unfortunately, this time, although the pain subsided a bit I suffered an allergic reaction. My skin broke out in little sores and I was nearly screaming with the itch. I am an 87 year old woman”

SCSue · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2021

For Dermatitis: “I've been using Tiger Balm for a week for an unexplainable itch on my upper arm under the surface of my skin. It's the only thing that has helped relieve the itch and bring the rash to the surface and heal.”

Kate. · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 30, 2021

“I have used a number of products for joint or back pain. Tiger Balm is the best I have used , physio said high menthol content is very effective in pain relief; I have found that to be true - and I have tried almost everything !”

Lovetigerbalm · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 19, 2021

For Pain: “Used for tennis elbow, the pain was waking me up in the middle of the night, used tiger balm before bed. I was able to get a full night sleep and some relief from the pain. Applied again in the morning and after a few days, was alot better.”

KLB=50 February 21, 2020

For Pain: “I have used Tiger Balm for years. I have had arthritis for over 20 years now and have tried many products. I try not to use any one product too much but when I hurt the most this is what I use”

RoddyT · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

For Pain: “I recently had spine surgery and the extensive wear of the neck collar caused pain in my shoulders. After using Tiger Balm on a regular basis the pain in my shoulders has stopped.”

Kris · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 15, 2018

For Dermatitis: “I use tiger balm for Everything from sunburns, mosquito bites, tired achy muscles, cramps, bruises, sinus headache, congestion, razor burn, & anything that itches.”

nuttievicki · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 24, 2020

For Pain: “I have arthritis in my neck which effects my shoulder back and arms when I having a bad day rush this into my shoulder and neck help relaxes my muscles with it warm heat 10/10”

Hawk · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 25, 2019

For Pain: “For muscle pain this is the best treatment there is. I had an impinged shoulder and since have had pain in my back and shoulders. I cannot recommend tiger balm enough”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2018

For Pain: “works for pain, especially a stiff neck but only lasts maybe 20 minutes. Smells good in my opinion.”

Lili March 22, 2021

For Pain: “I suffer from regular migraines and Tiger Balm is a life saver for me. The trick for me is to rub on back of neck and forehead”

Steve · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 20, 2019

For Pain: “I use tigre balm rubbed into my forehead and temples to telieve a headache its also excellent for relieving a migraine”

Aho · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

For Pain: “I used too much tiger Balm and it caused my skin to burn and irritation It was pain Even when my hair brush against the area I have put it on it makes it hurt”

Redz · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2019

For Pain: “Left skin burning”

Army Mom November 25, 2020

For Pain: “Pump bottle is BAD idea. No way to close the bottle without wasting lotion. And...if you don't completely close the bottle, your whole house smells like Tiger Balm! :(”

Kazper29 · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2021

For Pain: “Do not buy this item, Tiger Balm Red Ointment... no effect at all. You just waste your hatd earned money”