User Reviews for Brimonidine

Also known as: Mirvaso

Learn more about Brimonidine.

Brimonidine Rating Summary

3.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Rosacea.

Reviews for Brimonidine to treat Rosacea

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Mirvoaso works...even the bad reviews state that it works in the beginning. You HAVE to experiment to find what amount your skin will tolerate. I have been using it for 3 years & I love it. Use it on day 1...if you can still see paleness on day 2 do not add more to your face, wait until the effects have completely gone before using it again. Only use a small amount ( you need to experiment with that as well). Also, another great thing about this ( maybe why I have success with it ) is after 2 hours of applying it, I wash it off because it does not mix well with makeup and I still get the same good results & stay away from redness triggers (sun, alcohol)"

Max1111111111 August 26, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "There should be a negative number rating for this product, since it literally made my issue far worse. I have rosacea and experience constant redness, sun-sensitivity, and long-lasting flushes. When initially applied, this product blanched my skin into a sort of blotchy-but-paler-than-usual state for about 12 hours....then all hell broke loose. I woke up in the night with the most intense rebound flushing imaginable. You could probably have used my face to smelt iron. I applied it once more, and then totally gave up. The discomfort was horrific, and to make matters worse, my poor skin was completely out of wack for about a week after; extra flushy, super sensitive, and generally awful. Seems like most people have a similar experience."

CLNA11 August 15, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I have no idea how the FDA approved this cream. It LITERALLY BURNS AND BLISTERS YOUR FACE. I always make sure I read the side effects on medications and this one explicitly said there were "NO COMMON SIDE EFFECTS" only "RARE SIDE EFFECTS." The cream would work for maybe 5 hours tops before my entire face would start sweating and become increasingly red. At night I would lay in bed with an ice pack on my face because my skin left my sheets burning hot. After a couple weeks I woke up and my face felt scaley and had hundreds of tiny bumps which turned out to be blisters. I literally wanted my old rosacea face back because it looked and felt like I had stuck my face in the sun and shook it around with this medication. Avoid at all costs."

Smaffy (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016

"It worked in the very beginning but have noticed now that I am red after I use it. In fact, I reported it to the company because I thought I got a bad batch. I wish I had read these reviews before using it because now I am certain I am worse than before. Before, it was only occasional, now it is all day every day. And I now have ocular rosacea which I did not before. I am just praying I don't have permanent changes. DON'T use this. It is not worth the chance you take."

Hav Girl July 21, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Stay away from this medication. The 1st day used, I was impressed, but 2 days later I had a rebound and my face was burning like hell. I waited like 4 days to re-apply and see what happens, but I lost sensation on my lips and they got swollen. Then, after 24 hours the rebound got worse and was like two weeks after my skin stopped burning. I still don't understand how this product was approved by the FDA."

Saraiah June 27, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "This stuff is really bad and makes rosacea worse. I used it for two weeks and it would work for a few hours but then the rebound flushing was horrendous. I haven't used it in 6 months and I'd say that it left permanent damage. The area of my face affected by rosacea has increased and the easiness of flushing has too. This could be a side effect of aging as I've always had rosacea(26 years old now), but I definitely think mirvaso was a catalyst to increasing symptoms."

Wd22345 June 22, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Horrible rebound flushing/red spots. Do not touch this stuff. It's been one year and redness/ flushing side effects still have not normalized."

mt1111 June 12, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "DO NOT USE! I tried this product for two days. On day three my skin went purple on my cheeks and became very painful, like severe sunburn. I read a report from the company who make the stuff and they said that patients forget what they looked like before which is why they think it is worse! I took before and after pictures and I look like I've been burned! TERRIBLE STUFF! I rarely used to flush and now it won't go away!!!!"

Agro. (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

"I used for about a month and it was great with the occasional mild rebound flush but I gathered it was worth the result. Until I had the worst rebound flushing of my life!! Red/purple cheeks, felt like my face was on fire, the ice pack wasn't even providing relief. I stopped using it immediately and it took about a week for the symptoms to stop. Never again !!!!!"

DLJ8907 May 24, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I was prescribed mivaso from my dermatologist for rosacea, I suffer from flushing / red face - especially my cheeks. I applied it at night to see how it worked and I was very impressed!! All the redness had disappeared. I continued to use it every day for about a week (only a little bit in the morning before I did my make up) I thought it was a miracle cream, every now and then I would have hot cheeks and redness but I put that down to my rosacea and being flared up by something like coffee.......But then I started having rebound flushing, my face felt like it was on fire, my cheeks were red/purple it was hard to work or function in life. I had never experienced burning and flushing like that before. Stay away from this product!!!"

Dani89888 May 24, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Awful product! Was prescribed it by my dermatologist who said I had rosacae. Does remove all redness in less than 20 min but face starts flushing hard-core after 10 hours when product stops working. The whole time I used it I thought my rosacae had gotten worse and worse so I applied it daily instead of only iccasionally. Stopped the cream after one month to see what would happen, and in two days my face went back to normal and I don't even have rosacae anymore. Just a reaction to coffee. Bad doctor and bad drug. Stay away!"

Carobou May 18, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I tried this under doctor recommendation for my combined condition, it turned me white the 1st day. great. 36 hours later I was purple all over my face and still flushing 72 hours later. What am I supposed to do?"

MarkJ12345 May 9, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "HORRIBLE! Paying $50 for this stuff was a waste. Dont waste your time"

Holsen (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "If this could be marked in the negative I would be marking it as so. My gp gave me a sample as it costs $85 in Aust. I ask what the warnings were on this product and he said I'm not sure but the leaflet should tell you. In my opinion if Drs don't know the basics of what they prescribe or even look it up, then don't prescribe it!!! I used it for nearly a week and then all ofva sudden it felt like my cheeks were on fire and my face went itchy. In the last 24 hours my face which had mild roseaca and pustules, has exploded into a burning, itchy mess. I have been in tears all day andcnow knowing when I put makeup on so I can leave the house burns even more I am devistated. I need to take and pick up my son from school..how can I face people."

Shazld (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Am a 36 yr old male, Celtic bloodlines both sides and until 9 years ago of suitably pale disposition! Have rosacea for 9 yrs and have been on antibiotics (minocin 50mg) for 8 of them, along with annual IPL therapy. Was off the minocin until last week for a year when my dermatologist put me on 100mg and also prescribed me Mirvaso. I seem to have a reaction to the 100mg with red blotches and spots, so after 3 days I tried the Mirvaso. Used 3 times over 4 days. Worked a dream the first day, but effectiveness wore off. Last 2 days have suffered very very bad rebound flushing, tingling on cheeks followed by burning sensation. Hottest parts of flushing nearly purple. Booked in for IPL today to try and reduce redness/purpleness. Avoid."

BoscoBoy March 11, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Im 49 and I've had severe rosacea since I was 17, nothing I've tried worked until I was prescribed Mirvaso a year ago. I am so happy this is the medicine that finally works! The only problem is my insurance carrier for some stupid reason considers this 'cosmetic' and won't cover it!"

AZ Runner Lady (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I used this as I have had suffered with intense blushing and redness for over 4 years I am 23. Like most the first day was amazing my face was a normal colour ( seemed to good to be true ) over the next few days the rebound flushing was worse than I have ever experienced my face was boiling hot and dark red I had to attend meetings at work it was very hard . Not used it now for 3 days and still suffering from the intense flushing . Please for your sake DO NOT USE IT WILL MAKE IT WORSE"

UK-91 March 5, 2016

"used these drops on face for redness once, at first I thought this stuff is miraculous, hadn't seen my skin looking so normal in years but of course it was too goo to be true. It wore off the next day and face is now redder than it was to begin with. Also feels burning/hot, and redness where there wasn't any before and slighltly puffy/swollen. Will not be using this again"

elliebee22 February 18, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I'm using a small amount applied with a qtip on the red area quite effective. I have a mild case of rosacea due to hormonal changes. I don't use it daily, only when needed and again, sparingly."

Cgskin (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I give it a 10"

Re crazy person (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Very bad expirience! appeared redness after 1 day of use, more than it was before. I will never use it again!"

Kassi12 February 12, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I used Mirvaso three times. Five months ago. It destroyed my life. I didn't know. The dermatologist was completely uneducated about the adverse events and did not inform me or warn me. She deceived me."

walkingdeadperson February 5, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I've had mild Rosacea for nearly 10 years. This is by far the best product to take the redness away, albeit temporarily. It is important that you use this product properly. Once a day and ideally at the same time every day. I use it in the mornings when I wake up and I combine it with Metrosa gel in the evenings. If not used in the right way back flushes of redness can occur but I have managed this by using both medications in a regimented manner. Metrosa on its own doesn't seem to do much but together with Mirvaso the pair work brilliantly."

Serdar (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I love this medication, it works perfectly for me. I apply a small amount only to the affected area and it clears up the redness on my cheeks. It also makes the heat go away. The redness clears up all day, which is what I need it to do. I haven't had a flare up for awhile, but it's back now and I will make sure I have plenty of Mirvaso on hand. I also have a coupon I found online that I'm hoping will help with the cost."

LibrarianArk (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I am 50 male and have had issues with Rosacea on and off for the past 5 years. I have tried many different products to try and control the redness that Rosacea causes to my face but none had any lasting effect until I tried Mirvaso. This product is Excellent as it clears my redness within 15-20 mins. I have used it for the past 6 months and I have to say it works miracles for me. As I travel a lot I make sure I always bring a tube with me. I understand that different products work differently on different people and I am sorry to hear that this product might not work for everyone but for me when anyone says they have a problem with Rosacea I highly recommend this product. It's Fantastic!"

Monel January 27, 2016