User Reviews for Brimonidine

Also known as: Mirvaso

Learn more about Brimonidine.

Brimonidine Rating Summary

3.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 88 medications used in the treatment of Rosacea.

Reviews for Brimonidine to treat Rosacea

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "this product is absolutely not for me. I used a few times, felt faint, sleepy, after using my face was never hotter and worse. Will talk to my doctor tomorrow."

lily-lily September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "First and last time I will use this rubbish stuff called Mirvaso. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. If you want your face to look like a pomodoro (or bright red tomato!) then please do use this, that's how bad a rash you'll get."

Gingers Have Souls (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I have used Mirvaso since it came out. Obviously, it works great, but there is a learning curve for getting the most benefit from it. It has really helped my rosacea."

Ben 1959 July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Having this cream prescribed to me by my doc I noticed no difference in the redness of my skin in the beginning (maybe worse redness if anything) after using it for several days my face became extremely red, very itchy, sore, sensitive and my face became swollen so I called my doc and she told me to stop using immediately. After that, I had another bad experience with another cream so I stopped using that one and decided to go back to the Mirvaso and I started noticing positive changes in my skin. My face would turn white and normal. Have been using Mirvaso daily for two years, I have my good days and I have my really bad days. Severely effects my life just in every way possible."

Fed up and tired June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "It took me a long time before I had the courage to use this product. My Dr mentioned mirovosa to me. I wanted to find out more about it and began researching. After reading all of the horrible reviews I was very scared to even try this. But I was also tired of my red and makeup does not cover well. I was desperate and decided to give it a try. After the first couple of days I was amazed. Though I kept waiting for the bad to come. So far my face has done pretty good. The mirvosa takes away most of the red. For once my face looks like it used to before I had rosacea. The huge downfall is it only lasts for about 6 hours. I hope they can improve and make its effectiveness last a lot longer."

Nab24 May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I have mild/moderate rosacea with no bumps. My dermatologist recommended I try a new topical gel called Mirvaso and I started using it every day in January 2014. At first, everything was going awesome. Would reapply when redness/heat would start. Side effects gradually took hold. Rebound redness was 10x worse than originally. My face would randomly flush. It would burn so bad and go completely cherry red. My original problem was nowhere near that bad. Eventually, I got weeping rashy patches all over my face. The gel reduced in effectiveness to the big mess it caused. I finally weaned myself off this vicious cycle in September 2014. Had to walk around looking like a freak. Took forever to return to normal. NOT WORTH IT!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Still recovering from rebound 4 months later. Horrible product"

Jay551 (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Mirvaso has really made a difference for me & I'm honestly shocked by the poor reviews. I have a history of terrible, lifelong acne. Even after using Accutane I still had a lot of redness. My current acne/rosacea meds: Oracea, Atralin cream in the PM, & in the AM Mirvaso for face & Onexton gel for acne around jawline. It might seem like a lot but it beats going on another round of Accutane or adding more pills. I have VERY sensitive skin, so when I first started using Mirvaso I only did a tiny drop MIXED IN with my daily face moisturizer. My derm did not tell me to do this---this was from reviews read online. I very gradually got my skin used to this and after 1 yr I still love it. I get minimal rebound redness but I do use it every day."

AguaRN (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "This cream is absolutely horrible. I will admit the cream initially does what is says it will do, gets rid of the redness. However this is completely temporary, around 6 hours in my experience. What comes afterward is a serious rebound. I spent the day outside in the cold weather (normally a trigger for me, which would normally warrant redness) and when I came back in around 6 hours later my face has never felt hotter in my life. My skin burned and was unbelievably deep red, it looked as if I had held my face up against a fire. This lasted around 2-3 hours. I used it once more thinking my skin needed to get used to it and the results were even worse. I threw away all of my samples after 2 days."

JJ98 January 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! My 15 year old son is light-skinned, blonde and blue eyed and tends to flush(German descent). This bothered him, so we spoke to his dermatologist and she prescribed Mirvaso. He was so excited to try it and applied it thinly over his face. Within 20 minutes his skin was deathly pale with mottling at the edges and around his eyes. He looked terrible. Within 10 hours, his face started turning an angry red as if he had been slapped repeatedly. He then started feeling faint. I took him to the med clinic and the doctor there prescribed steroids to reduce inflammation and Benadryl. We are still waiting anxiously for his handsome face to return to normal. This is after ONE use."

MySweetLoves (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Tried a sample from my dermatologist. Worked wonders on the redness on one cheek. My insurance doesn't cover it and it is really expensive. If I could buy a 50 gm tube for $200 I would do it ASAP."

southcoastie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I still have flare ups during the day but there are times where my skin is completely free from any redness, especially about an hour after it's applied. It losses its effectiveness after about 6 hrs for me. After the tube is open I've tried to stretch it out past 30 days but it's effective is not as good when the tube is first opened I've found. I remember it taking a few weeks when I first started using it along with a topical cream at night for my skin to start to change. My script ran out and I went without it for a week and I hated not having it. My skin burned and hurt again when I stopped using it for that time. Although it doesn't completely eliminate systems it sure does help and I will not go a day without it."

Melrobin (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I was put onthis on and it worked, but afterwards omg I was red, my face was burnt and it looked like I got an allergic reaction because my eye was swollen. My face still looks awful 3 days later. I will never use again..."

Sweetty (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I've been using this medication for my rosacea and it isn't helping. My face has never looked worse. It's ok when I first put it on but by the end of the day my face is spiralling out of control. Right now I have huge acne blemishes all over my face. I'm making an appt with my doctor this week to try and change it. Very disappointed."

Chitown720 December 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My dermatologist diagnosed me with rosacea on my cheeks and nose; I would go scarlet at the slightest touch and at random points throughout the day. She prescribed Mirvaso, and I have had really good luck with it. I only apply it when my skin is having a "hotspot", and within 15-20 minutes the redness is almost entirely gone. It has saved the day on many occasions. I haven't had the adverse reactions other people here have reported, but perhaps it's because I only use the product a couple times a week instead of daily. I have very fair and sensitive skin, but this product has not exacerbated any problems. A very positive experience and I would recommend."

Harpchick (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!!! I have Rosacea sub type1. Tested this product on my left cheek so i could compare left from right. Worked great for the first few hours. Then all hell brakes loose. It made my flush to the extreme! Purple red color. Stopped using the product after 2 weeks. This was all about a year and a half ago. To this day the left side of my face where i applied the mirvaso is more red and more easily irritated than the right side."

Bill lll October 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Terrible product that should be avoided! Don't let your dermatologist talk you into this by giving you a small sample tube first. You try it and initially it seems like a miracle rosacea cure. You then have to buy a bigger tube for $80 but it is not a solution to the problem. It starts off working for a full day at a time but after a week or so the rebound flushing is terrible. I was applying at 7.30am in the morning before work but after a couple of weeks the severe rebound flushing was kicking in around 4pm in the afternoon. Face goes severely red for rest of the night. I had to stop using it, stay at home for a few days until it gets out of your system."

Mattddd October 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "My doctor prescribed this medication for my type 1 rosacea redness. On day one, it worked really well and I was red-free for 12 hours. I did notice a slight stinging sensation, but nothing too bad. By day two, the stinging had resolved itself and I again had a red free face. My doctor told me to use a very small amount, spread thinly, and this seems to work well. This medication has given me my life back!"

Ihave1horse October 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "My husband was given this medication by our dermatologist 6 months ago and he was thrilled to have finally found an answer to his roseacea. The last 3 months have been a living HELL! His skin became bright red & looks almost purple. For weeks his face became crusty and was oozing fluid onto his pillow to the point where I was washing his pillow cases every day. We have been to a variety of specialists who say it's contact dermatitis. He has been on prednisone and antibiotics 3 different times and nothing is helping. For the first month he couldn't sleep because he was in such agony and only an ice pack gave him relief. I plan on calling the FDA hotline, which I found on the Mirvaso website."

Paddle boarding September 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Like many others on this board, I was prescribed mirvoso for moderate rosasea. I used it for maybe a week but it caused very severe rebound flushing (my face was all over magenta, even in areas where the drug was not used) so I discontinued use. Soon there after, I started developing almost cystic-acne like papule began to appear along my cheeks and forehead (where I had never gotten such acne before) and have persisted for the past 6 months. I have learned since that these withdrawl effects, while sometimes temporary, can last for as long as a year or more. In short, this drug greatly damaged my skin and so far I have not found any product or regime either prescription or OTC that can provide relief. Strongly do not recommend."

Cat11 September 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"What a waste of $83 AUD. Would not recommend"

Brett1311 September 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I have been recently diagnosed with Rosasea that makes my cheeks and under my eyes extremely HOT!!!!! I just began using the expensive Mirvaso. It helps sometimes, doesn't last for very long. I'm in terrible discomfort. I'm still in hopes Mirvaso will soon help with my horrible burning sensation that makes life difficult, as a fan on my face constantly is my relief. I'm still going to give it time. Also praying. Please respond if anyone has had the HOT burning sensation."

Hot in NE (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Mirvoaso works...even the bad reviews state that it works in the beginning. You HAVE to experiment to find what amount your skin will tolerate. I have been using it for 3 years & I love it. Use it on day 1...if you can still see paleness on day 2 do not add more to your face, wait until the effects have completely gone before using it again. Only use a small amount ( you need to experiment with that as well). Also, another great thing about this ( maybe why I have success with it ) is after 2 hours of applying it, I wash it off because it does not mix well with makeup and I still get the same good results & stay away from redness triggers (sun, alcohol)"

Max1111111111 August 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "There should be a negative number rating for this product, since it literally made my issue far worse. I have rosacea and experience constant redness, sun-sensitivity, and long-lasting flushes. When initially applied, this product blanched my skin into a sort of blotchy-but-paler-than-usual state for about 12 hours....then all hell broke loose. I woke up in the night with the most intense rebound flushing imaginable. You could probably have used my face to smelt iron. I applied it once more, and then totally gave up. The discomfort was horrific, and to make matters worse, my poor skin was completely out of wack for about a week after; extra flushy, super sensitive, and generally awful. Seems like most people have a similar experience."

CLNA11 August 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I have no idea how the FDA approved this cream. It LITERALLY BURNS AND BLISTERS YOUR FACE. I always make sure I read the side effects on medications and this one explicitly said there were "NO COMMON SIDE EFFECTS" only "RARE SIDE EFFECTS." The cream would work for maybe 5 hours tops before my entire face would start sweating and become increasingly red. At night I would lay in bed with an ice pack on my face because my skin left my sheets burning hot. After a couple weeks I woke up and my face felt scaley and had hundreds of tiny bumps which turned out to be blisters. I literally wanted my old rosacea face back because it looked and felt like I had stuck my face in the sun and shook it around with this medication. Avoid at all costs."

Smaffy (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016