User Reviews for Aprepitant

8.2
Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative

Reviews for Aprepitant

Nat February 22, 2021

Emend (aprepitant) for Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative: “I was given Emend prior to double mastectomy. I was nauseated until that same evening when I asked to be switched to Gravol (Canada). A doctor tried me again today on Emend and I feel really sick on it. Not for me I guess. Hope something will work once I start chemo”

Amjad · Taken for less than 1 month October 26, 2019

Emend (aprepitant) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “I was given emend 125 during my 5th chemo session. I took Emend 125 for three days. This medicine was horrible. It gave me high blood pressure 155/85 up to 175/95. Extreme weakness, sweating on my head, high pulse rate. After nine days from my 5th chemo still feeling bad. I will never take it again.”

macbeth · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2019

“I was offered aprepitant sample (2 pills) from my gastro specialist about 3 years ago. Was not enough to make the decision but it did help then. This was 3-4 years ago. I have been unable to afford this particular medicine and my doctor has appealed it to my insurance company numerous times without success. I have gastroperious,. I have done everything possible to help this condition out- stimulator(3), surgery, port (which I have had to have removed for bacteria in my blood. Now I find myself needing a medicine that may benefit my life. Is there anything that you know that may help me get this medicine. I have been through every type but not having a port or similar to this, I am lost. Thank you for listening. ”

Daughter of Patient · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 17, 2018

Emend (aprepitant) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “My Mother just went to pick up Emend and it was $17,000.00! Insurance doesn’t cover it! Parma and Insurance are ripping people off to the point of robbery! You people have karma of the worst kind coming!”

Anonymous May 30, 2009

Emend (aprepitant) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “My son was prescribed Emend for his fourth round of chemotherapy after having severe nausea after the third round. He had a three day course this past Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and tonight Saturday he is out with his friends. He has eaten a healthy meal every day of his chemotherapy and has just been a little extra tired. What a difference? Thank you Emend.”

Anonymous May 7, 2009

Emend (aprepitant) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “Emend is a wonder-drug. I'm having chemotherapy and have not vomited once. In fact, I've only experienced intermittent waves of nausea that lasted for brief periods of time. My oncologist said to take it "before your feet hit the floor," and he was right. Cancer patients: Insist on having it.”

Emend (aprepitant) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “Since starting chemotherapy my dr. A specialist at victoria hospital in london has put me on emend. Thank goodness the company sponsors people like myself who would otherwise not be able to afford these 3 wonderful capsules. My nausea and vomiting still exist but far less than if I had not had the capsules available. Once again thank you merck frost.”

Maggie 5041 September 24, 2016

Emend (aprepitant) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “Hello My husband was recently diagnosed with lung cancer, which quickly metastasized to the brain and liver. He started his first chemotherapy session yesterday. I was very happy that the hospital included EMEND in his regimen. I had taken an EMEND pill for a surgery because I always get nauseated after sedation. This drug is amazing! Thank you for all the good work you do. Cancer is such a heartbreaking disease and to eliminate nausea and vomiting from the side effects is truly such a blessing. Thank you to all the scientists and researchers trying to make a better life for those battling cancer.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 14, 2013

Emend (aprepitant) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “I am nausea-prone. Took Emend for 8 months of a potent cocktail of infused chemo - with NO nausea at all! This medicine is a God send, its only downside is the high cost.”

no nausea March 20, 2008

Emend (aprepitant) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “this is a miracle medication..THANK YOU MERCK!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2012

Emend (aprepitant) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “Fantastic medicine. I never vomited once or even felt sick whilst on Emend. Well done.”

Anonymous July 7, 2011

Emend (aprepitant) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “This medication is the greatest thing for chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting. My mom took it for 6 months during her treatments and never had any vomiting or nausea.”

pink November 16, 2018

Emend (aprepitant) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “took it yesterday and afterward I was very spacey forgetful and tired, then a bad headache.”

peterbn January 16, 2014

Emend (aprepitant) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “Received during chemotherapy with Cisplatin. Worked great!”

Maple2009 · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2016

Emend (aprepitant) for Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative: “I always get nausea and vomiting with anesthesia even when taking other anti-nausea meds. Was given Emend prior to gallbladder removal. Woke up with absolutely no nausea. Worked great for me!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2017

Emend (aprepitant) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “Besides the help and support I experienced with my personal relation with Jesus, I can say Emend 3 days was an added blessing from A to Z. Almost no nausea at all!!! Thanks Lord!!”

Anonymous April 20, 2012

Emend (aprepitant) for Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative: “My husband gets very sick, vomiting after surgery until his Doctor gave Emend to him prior to surgery, and he did not get sick after surgery at all.”