User Reviews for Drysol

Hyperhidrosis 220 reviews 9 medications

9.1
Summary of Drysol reviews 220 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Drysol

For Hyperhidrosis "I have been sweating for a while. I love Drysol! It has helped me greatly, and I am very happy my doctor recommended it. There is a downside to it though... It can itch and sting if you put it on daily. If you want to avoid this, I'd put it on every other day, and don't wear it over the weekend. I'd ask your doctor about this though! It is a great product, and I'd recommend this to everyone!"

Banana ^ ^ (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "I must say that I am truly greatful that my doctor prescribed this. It changed my life so much that I don't have to be ashamed of the odor caused by sweating under my arms anymore because it's gone. I've tried almost every deodorant over the counter there is and nothing worked. Because of drysol I now have the confidence to walk around freely wearing clothing other than all cotton and not have sweat marks under my arms. I am so thankful for this product and glad I went to the doctor about my problem which led me to discover this product."

CoolD (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "I had been sweating from my armpits excessively for 4-5 years starting when I was about 12. I was always wearing baggy dark clothing and avoiding constant movement so people would see my sweat. I am now 18 and my dermatologist recently prescribed this to me. I can honestly say that it has changed my life. Even in 90 degree weather there is no sweat from my underarms. The only down side is the itching/burning, however, if I use it at night it is usually gone by noon the next day. I have learned to use this only 2-3 times a week and especially not after shaving. This product is worth it."

Makayla0512 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "I was prescribed Drysol due to going off my birth control pills and started having crazy hormonal imbalances. My sweat glands changed, which is kinda crazy and as embarrassing this is to say, my sweat started smelling and it was awful. I have never had smelly issues before, ever, so something had to be done. But do not use this after shaving, it feels like a million little knives going into your armpits. :( and I personally would recommend using every other day for the first 2 weeks and don't shave if you can help it. Just makes it worse if you do. Otherwise, my experience has been really positive! It has stopped my sweating issues and no more embarrassing odor. :) :)"

tjm381 (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "I am suffering the furiously itchy armpits right now after use. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse this time. I know it works, but the irritation has been bad in the past. I last used this 6 years ago when I had shaven right before use and was left with scabs and infected looking rashes. Luckily, it faded in a few days but I swore it off after that. Then, a couple years later I had a baby and nursed for two years so obviously I did not want these chemicals near her face. However, my hyperhidrosis seems to have worsened in the past couple years. I will sit at an IEP (Individualized Education Program) meeting wearing all black (I am not goth but I dress like it) and sweating to my elbows. Drysol is the clear retort. The Itchiness is misery but I will wear a colorful top tomorrow!"

School psych September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "In school and gym class I would always sweat sooooo much and it was extremely embarrassing. In the slightest heat I would sweat buckets even without any activity. This worked the day after applying and I was simply amazed at how wonderful it works. Only downside is after you apply it it itches but itching makes the skin irritated so you kinda have to grin and bear it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "This has changed my life. I had sweated profusely since 2nd grade. My whole life up until a year ago I was never able to wear the clothes I wanted and I was embarrassed multiple times from sweating so much. I was a joke. But last spring (age 23) I started drysol and my life has changed. My only regret is that I didn't get it sooner in life."

Suruhel September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "I'm am a 18 year old girl whose been sweating since the 6th grade. Its Soo embarrassing that I used to wear mostly black so no one would see the pit stains. Drysol works really great. The only downside I would say is that if I use it everyday or after I shave, it has the worst burning/itching sensation."

Anonymous August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "I'm a 46 year old female that has struggled with severe sweaty armpits, feet and hands since I was 13. I've researched and tried so many products that failed me. But this truly works. It takes about 2 days for it to actually stop the sweating process but once it's in your pores you can use every other day. Your armpits are odourless. The unfortunate part is...do not use after shaving it will burn itch and cause a horrible outbreak but otherwise this product is a true BLESSING to all who sweat beyond control like I did..."

Grateful 527 (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "I've had to deal with my sweating problems ever since 4th grade. I am now in college and I'm happier than ever that I found this product. For years I received botox injections to stop my sweating in my armpits. However, that pain was unimaginable. I switched to Drysol and I have never been happier. I can wear my shirts now without having to worry. Definitely would recommend this product to anyone who feels stuck with no solution to their sweating"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "I am glad my dermatologist prescribed this for me to use on my armpits. Initially, I tried using it once a day and it broke me out and I had the itchy-stinging side effect. From thereon, I learned to use it about every 2 days and it keeps me dry along with another prescribed topical treatment. I also use Drysol for my oily face and it works! It calms my oily glands and it produces less oil especially on my nose. If you use Drysol on your face, test it on a small area of your face with a cottonball. I don't use it everyday on my face. I only use it once a week on my face and every other day on my nose. My results were minimal oil production on my face and no need to blot my face throughout the day."

Use Sparingly! August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "My dermatologist recently prescribed this to me because of how much I sweat. Before, not even 10 minutes out of the shower I'm already sweating even if I have the air conditioner on, even during the winter, and generally just way more sweat than seems normal. I saw awesome results within a day, there was extremely little sweat, and a few days after I started, I was walking for about 15 minutes in 90° weather and there was barely any perspiration. The only downside is that I learned the hard way not to put it on right after shaving during a shower, and for some reason my armpits became somewhat discolored no matter what I did."

Emma P July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "I am someone who sweats anytime under my arms, it could be for any reason and I would filter my life around it. Loose shirts, dark colors, and I would rarely ever raise my arms for the fear that I would show my stains of sweat. Talked to my dermatologist and they offered my Drysol and I absolutely loved that I could wear anything and I wouldn't sweat, but it does have its downside to it. I am a girl and shaving under my arms irritates the crap out of it and burns, I tried to use nair instead of shaving and it burns even more. I honestly do not know what to do."

Kincade June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "I have suffered with excessive sweating on my scalp for 4 - 5 years, many times staying home rather than be embarrassed by sweat dripping off my hair. After 4 nights of using Drysol, I put it to the test and attended a swim meet for one of my grandkids, 90 degree temperature, and my scalp stayed DRY! The benefit of this far outweighs the temporary tingling and itchy feeling when applied to my scalp. My dermatologist who prescribed Drysol for me is my HERO!"

Grandma Judy June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "Trying for years in the US to find something that worked for my daughter. Hers is so bad it really fills the room and now it's totally gone. We are so grateful ."

Anonymous June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "I am a 40 year old male who since I can remember, would sweat excessively under his arms. It does not matter if I was stressed, if I was hot, cold, etc. The worst is when it's 20 degrees outside, I'm freezing, yet my shirt is soaked under my arms. That drove me nuts. I used to sit at work, and keep a stash of paper towels at my desk that I would sit under my arms so that the sweat marks would be less visible. Black was my favorite shirt color, especially on days when I had to present to a room full of people. I applied Drysol the first night and the next day, 100 percent dry! I feel like a new person! I can wear tighter shirts and I can even wear grey! There was some discomfort after applying, but it's well worth it, in my opinion!"

It works! (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "This stuff is absolutey amazing. I never could wear anything but black because I sweat so much in my armpits. I started using this a couple years ago. When I first started it I had to use it once every couple weeks. Then only once every 6 months and now it's been over a year and I don't have to use it and I'm not sweating. It felt like it saved my life in a way. I'm so happy I found it."

Anonymous123* May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "This really does work and the issue now is I think my body is use to it now because I'm starting to sweat in my armpits again."

Bob404849 April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "I sweat mostly everywhere. Pits aren't the only place. It's my face, chest, back of my thighs, groin area, hands, feet... you get it. I've been like this since puberty n it got a lot worse (of course) after I started working out regularly. I use Drysol mostly on my armpits maybe twice a week n I don't sweat at all. I apply it very lightly n only directly where I actually perspire from (the center of my pit) n then rub it around a little by doing a circular funky chicken-like movement. For everywhere else I only use it maybe once a month, it's effective for a couple of days. For my face (forehead, nose, n very lightly above my upper lip), I use a cotton ball as the applicator dispenses too much at a time. The itchiness is killer tho!!!!!"

Itchy n dry (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "I've had severe underarm sweating since puberty. It was so embarrassing and got worse with time. I used drysol for the first time yesterday after realizing I truly needed a prescription antiperspirant and WOW! I couldn't be happier. The FIRST DAY I wore a shirt in my most feared color (gray) and had NO sweat all day. I couldn't believe how well it worked! I admit to discomfort upon application but it goes away shortly and is well, well worth it. I'll be a lifetime user. Incredible."

HokieGirl2013 April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "At first it was like a temporary quick fix. My hands would be dry, but when I got nervous I would feel the tingling sensation in my hands like they always do before they sweat, and they sweat. I put it on every night but it doesn't seem to work, going to the doctors today to take pills instead."

crash ! March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "I began sweating as soon as I started college- probably from the mass amount of stress I'm always under. Any who, this product is amazing. I literally would be sitting in a normal temperature room and sweat would just be streaming from my arm pits down the sides of my body. I started using this and from day 1, absolutely no sweat. Not even at the gym. It does sting a little bit, but as far as I'm concerned, a little bit of stinging far outweighs the low self confidence, paranoia, and constant clamminess of my body. I 100% recommend this product to anyone."

The sweaty university student (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "Drysol works very well. If you let your underarms completely dry, either by themselves or with a blow-dryer on low setting, there should be no irritation. If there is any continuous itching or burning, simply watch your armpits and dry them. Use sparingly."

Miss Wine March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "Okay: typical story. I would cry because I couldn't wear red, and so on and so forth. Anyway, I'm currently on day three of using this. Night one: it burned and itched a bit but nothing major, and the next day- you guessed it- no sweating. Zip. Zilch. Played ping pong for literally 2 hours and was dry as the Sahara. Night two: I showered and, without thinking, shaved, dried off thoroughly and applied the Drysol. I was shaking. My armpits felt like the fricken sun and I was considering writing my will. Day two: my pits hurt so bad that I couldn't lift my arms. Night three: showered, but definitely didn't shave. Burns unbelievably, and itches like sandpaper, but I believe that's because I basically slaughtered my sweat glands by shaving."

Anonymous #1021 February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis "When I was in middle school it is hard if you have hyperhidrosis. Your self confidence is way low and I can NEVER wear shirts without a jacket over it to hide the pit stains. It really did suck. I started using drysol in the sixth grade because of my excessive sweating and it's been helping ever sense. The first week of using it, there is going to be itching but after a few days it should be fine. Do not use it after shaving or don't put too much on and that's what will cause the burning sensation everyone's talking about. Use a small amount, dry it via air or a hair dryer and you should be fine to go to bed. There is no point in using this product every single night. I suggest it!"

DrysolIsALifesaver (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 29, 2017