User Reviews for Drysol

Drysol Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Hyperhidrosis.

Reviews for Drysol to treat Hyperhidrosis

"At age 17, I began to run in track and I noticed that no one else was sweating as much as me and I was very self conscious about it and I wanted it to end. I went to the dermatologist and they prescribed me Drysol, I was so excited to use it. I applied it the first night and it was a miracle because the next day I was COMPLETELY dry! I continued to use it for almost a year but recently I have noticed that it does not work anymore no matter how often I apply it. I was so upset that it was not a permanent relief and now I have to continue to be embarrassed and nervous that I am going to completely sweat through my shirts constantly. So I wanted you to know that yes, it does work, but the affects do not last for very long (at least for me). I am now going to try a different deodorant called Odaban so hopefully I can finally have a permanent solution to my hyperhydrosis."

Hyperhydrosis April 3, 2018

"Drysol don't work on sweaty hands and feet. I just wasted my money."

Eric (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2018

"I have spent over a decade sweating through everything, ruining every shirt and sweater I bought. My coworkers even know me as the sweaty one, applying deodorant throughout the day (even though, let’s be honest, I’d sweat the second I’d stop rolling it on). A few weeks ago my supervisor told me she had a similar problem and used some prescription med before bedtime 15 years ago and it changed her life. She wasn’t sure if they still had it available, but hey worth a shot right? I spoke with my Dr and he prescribed Drysol. Last night was my first application. I read the instructions thoroughly. It was pretty itchy, but not unbearable. ITS A MIRACLE! I didn’t sweat at all today! I just applied my second application and oh my god guys it burns. It’s starting to lessen, but wow this stuff stings! I definitely won’t apply tomorrow and will see how long I can go in between. But so far, I’m amazed!"

SweatySocialWorker (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018

"I have had extreme under arm sweating since I was about 13, I was too embarrassed to go to a doctor about this problem. I used every deodorant and antiperspirant available, nothing worked. I would sit and do absolutely nothing and have my underarms soaked with huge pit stains, I thought there was no cure. I recently went to my doctor because I'm now 21 and married and don't want to deal with this anymore, I got prescribed drysol and let me tell you I was really skeptical. I put it on at night and it did burn and itch but nothing horrible I couldn't stand. The next morning I went to work and wore a tight colored shirt and no sweat, not even a drop. I almost cried I was so happy. It really works!! Try this if you havn't already!"

Samantha99999999 February 21, 2018

"This WORKS! It may burn a little in 1st application but it’s worth it. I am no longer embarrassed having soaking wet hair from nerves and in situations where sweating would be odd. After 2-3 doses, you’ll be good for at least 6 months."

Wethead (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2018

"I have been using Drysol since 1979. What a miracle it has been for me. It really has helped my sweaty hands and feet!"

No Sweat (taken for 10 years or more) January 28, 2018

"I had real bad sweating and noticed it worked immediately although, it is extremely irritating. Itching & burning that can last 1 hr +"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2018

"I just recently started using Drysol and I can’t say enough good things about this product. I have suffered from extreme sweating ever since I can remember. I am almost 20 now and being in college it was stressful to not be able to wear whatever I wanted in fear of my outfit showing sweat or causing me to sweat even more. I finally asked my doctor if their was any thing out there that could solve my problem. He wrote me the prescription and I thought “yeah right this stuff won’t work” but I gave it a shot and I was AMAZED by the results. After one use I was completely dry all day the next day! It have changed my life drastically. I no longer shop for clothes that will hide underarm sweat. I will recommend this to anyone!"

Manley2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2017

"Drysol completely changed my life. My armpits would sweat so much even in the middle of the winter with just a t-shirt on. I got in the habit of always wearing a tank top and a thick cardigan over it in the winter time so the thickness of the cardigan could normally hide my sweat, unlike a regular long sleeve shirt. I didn't know what was wrong with me, but someone told me about Drysol, so I looked it up. I read the reviews that all said, "I seriously didn't think anything could help me, but this is a life saver" etc. I thought, "Well, their situation must not be as severe as mine. Nothing had worked for me and I doubt this will." Boy was I wrong. This stuff is AMAZING. It completely changed my life and I highly recommend it."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 11, 2017

"If you have DRYSOL and it’s very itchy and red, that is completely normal. The first time you try it put it on for three nights straight before you go to bed, and then you can reduce to putting it on 1-2 a week. Otherwise it can be very itchy. Don’t forget to never rub it in. If your Hyperhidrosis is only on your underarms get the regular one. But if it’s your hands, feet and underarms get the strongest one there is because it will be more affective. When you open the box make sure to read the instructions they are very easy to understand and it’s very helpful. Drysol isn’t even really a deodorant it’s kinda just a liquid you pat on and leave for the night, it also doesn’t help with your personal hygiene. Good luck. "

READ THIS (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 8, 2017

"I've been using Drysol for quite a few years and it has worked wonderfully! I use it every 2nd or 3rd night, otherwise I get smelly even though I don't sweat much, if at all, while using it. I sometimes use a deodorant with it on the 3rd day. It is a great product that changed my life when I started using it! The only downfall is that it eats away at my pyjama tops after awhile. I wear sleeveless tops when I use it but it still puts holes in them under the arm."

met123 November 9, 2017

"I've had hyperhidrosis since middle school. It was my armpits. They sweat something awful. It could've been 3 degrees outside and I looked like I just ran a 20 mile marathon. I was prescribed drysol and didn't read the directions. So I just went home and put it on. It made my armpits extremely itchy and red also burned. So I figured it dosen't work.... It sat on a shelf for years while I struggled with hyperhidrosis. Then one day I decided to try it out again and got a new prescription for it. I followed the directions and didn't shave before use and put it on before I went to bed. Also didn't wear deodorant the following day. I stop sweating, it was a miracle. I was mad at myself that I had the cure sitting right there the whole time."

LaLaBB October 12, 2017

"Red, itching rash under arm"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2017

"I am a HEAVY underarm sweater. So it was no surprise that this medication barely helped reduce my underarm sweat. Not to mention, the bottle only lasts for less the month, a tleast for me. I recommend you save your money and stay away from this product if you think your hyperhidrosis is beyond bad."

Nathaniel E. September 26, 2017

"I have been sweating for a while. I love Drysol! It has helped me greatly, and I am very happy my doctor recommended it. There is a downside to it though... It can itch and sting if you put it on daily. If you want to avoid this, I'd put it on every other day, and don't wear it over the weekend. I'd ask your doctor about this though! It is a great product, and I'd recommend this to everyone!"

Banana ^ ^ (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2017

"I must say that I am truly greatful that my doctor prescribed this. It changed my life so much that I don't have to be ashamed of the odor caused by sweating under my arms anymore because it's gone. I've tried almost every deodorant over the counter there is and nothing worked. Because of drysol I now have the confidence to walk around freely wearing clothing other than all cotton and not have sweat marks under my arms. I am so thankful for this product and glad I went to the doctor about my problem which led me to discover this product."

CoolD (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2017

"I had been sweating from my armpits excessively for 4-5 years starting when I was about 12. I was always wearing baggy dark clothing and avoiding constant movement so people would see my sweat. I am now 18 and my dermatologist recently prescribed this to me. I can honestly say that it has changed my life. Even in 90 degree weather there is no sweat from my underarms. The only down side is the itching/burning, however, if I use it at night it is usually gone by noon the next day. I have learned to use this only 2-3 times a week and especially not after shaving. This product is worth it."

Makayla0512 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2017

"I was prescribed Drysol due to going off my birth control pills and started having crazy hormonal imbalances. My sweat glands changed, which is kinda crazy and as embarrassing this is to say, my sweat started smelling and it was awful. I have never had smelly issues before, ever, so something had to be done. But do not use this after shaving, it feels like a million little knives going into your armpits. :( and I personally would recommend using every other day for the first 2 weeks and don't shave if you can help it. Just makes it worse if you do. Otherwise, my experience has been really positive! It has stopped my sweating issues and no more embarrassing odor. :) :)"

tjm381 (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2017

"I am suffering the furiously itchy armpits right now after use. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse this time. I know it works, but the irritation has been bad in the past. I last used this 6 years ago when I had shaven right before use and was left with scabs and infected looking rashes. Luckily, it faded in a few days but I swore it off after that. Then, a couple years later I had a baby and nursed for two years so obviously I did not want these chemicals near her face. However, my hyperhidrosis seems to have worsened in the past couple years. I will sit at an IEP (Individualized Education Program) meeting wearing all black (I am not goth but I dress like it) and sweating to my elbows. Drysol is the clear retort. The Itchiness is misery but I will wear a colorful top tomorrow!"

School psych September 12, 2017

"In school and gym class I would always sweat sooooo much and it was extremely embarrassing. In the slightest heat I would sweat buckets even without any activity. This worked the day after applying and I was simply amazed at how wonderful it works. Only downside is after you apply it it itches but itching makes the skin irritated so you kinda have to grin and bear it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 6, 2017

"This has changed my life. I had sweated profusely since 2nd grade. My whole life up until a year ago I was never able to wear the clothes I wanted and I was embarrassed multiple times from sweating so much. I was a joke. But last spring (age 23) I started drysol and my life has changed. My only regret is that I didn't get it sooner in life."

Suruhel September 4, 2017

"I'm am a 18 year old girl whose been sweating since the 6th grade. Its Soo embarrassing that I used to wear mostly black so no one would see the pit stains. Drysol works really great. The only downside I would say is that if I use it everyday or after I shave, it has the worst burning/itching sensation."

Anonymous August 25, 2017

"I'm a 46 year old female that has struggled with severe sweaty armpits, feet and hands since I was 13. I've researched and tried so many products that failed me. But this truly works. It takes about 2 days for it to actually stop the sweating process but once it's in your pores you can use every other day. Your armpits are odourless. The unfortunate part is...do not use after shaving it will burn itch and cause a horrible outbreak but otherwise this product is a true BLESSING to all who sweat beyond control like I did..."

Grateful 527 (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2017

"I've had to deal with my sweating problems ever since 4th grade. I am now in college and I'm happier than ever that I found this product. For years I received botox injections to stop my sweating in my armpits. However, that pain was unimaginable. I switched to Drysol and I have never been happier. I can wear my shirts now without having to worry. Definitely would recommend this product to anyone who feels stuck with no solution to their sweating"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2017

"I am glad my dermatologist prescribed this for me to use on my armpits. Initially, I tried using it once a day and it broke me out and I had the itchy-stinging side effect. From thereon, I learned to use it about every 2 days and it keeps me dry along with another prescribed topical treatment. I also use Drysol for my oily face and it works! It calms my oily glands and it produces less oil especially on my nose. If you use Drysol on your face, test it on a small area of your face with a cottonball. I don't use it everyday on my face. I only use it once a week on my face and every other day on my nose. My results were minimal oil production on my face and no need to blot my face throughout the day."

Use Sparingly! August 3, 2017