User Reviews for Drysol

Learn more about Drysol.

Drysol Rating Summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Hyperhidrosis.

Reviews for Drysol to treat Hyperhidrosis

"I finally talked to my doctor about my uncontrollable armpit sweating and she prescribed me drysol. I used to take freezing cold showers, dry off and be soaked in minutes! But drysol has helped me so much!! My pits stay dry and I can wear tank tops again without feeling drenched!"

Dry pits (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

"I have suffered from hyperhidrosis since puberty, and I would never raise my hand in class to ask questions. It caused me severe anxiety, and probably hurt my education. Two weeks ago I started using Drysol. IT CHANGED MY LIFE. I can now work an 8 hour shift in the light gray uniform shirt and be completely dry. My quality of life and confidence have skyrocketed. The only reason I'm not rating it a 10 is because of the itching. When applied, drysol causes me pretty severe itching in my underarms. I have been able to ignore it for the most part in public, but only with extreme discipline. If it didn't cause so much itching, this would be a miracle product."

evebananas July 13, 2016

"I have been using Drysol for almost three weeks for my sweaty scalp, and it has worked wonders. The product is totally amazing!!! I have only one small problem, after using Drysol my scalp has become blotchy. Can anyone recommend a lotion or cream for the discoloration of my scalp? Also I need to know that the moisturizer won't stop the Drysol from working. Please reply ASAP!!!"

Dry but blotchy (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2016

"On July 4th. weekend I recommended Drysol to a very close friend. At first he was extremely skeptical about using the product. Because he had tried everything under the sun, he felt it would just be a waste of time. But after one application he was blown away by Drysol. His scalp was as dry as baby powder. For the first time in about twenty years he doesn't have to carry those darn face cloths around, and doesn't have to feel the utter humiliation that hyperhydrosis has plagued him with in the past. I am so thrilled for him! Since using the product he literally hasn't stopped smiling. I rate the product 10 out of 10."

DDOU. (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2016

"I have been afflicted with hyperhidrosis for over a decade. A pharmacist told me about Drysol. I followed the products directions, and applied it before bed time for three consecutive nights. To test it I ate very spicy food. In the past my head would have been drenched, but it was totally bone dry. Drysol is a God send! It is truly a miracle cure. I will follow the directions and apply it once or twice a week. It really alters and shrinks the sweat glands. I can't say enough great things about this fabulous product. My life has really changed for the better. Thanks from the bottom of my heart Drysol makers!"

Dry as sand (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2016

"I have been suffering from hyperhydrosis for 15 years. My scalp would literally sweat like a broken faucet. I would constantly have to wipe the perspiration off my head every few seconds. It was so embarrassing! A pharmacist recommended Drysol and after the first application I was sweat free. I couldn't believe it! I have a new lease on life. I can finally not have to carry napkins around, and be worried about sweating in front of the public. If you suffer from severe sweating of the scalp please, I repeat please give Drysol a try- you won't be sorry. I give this product a rating of an eleven out of ten!"

Totally Due this July 3, 2016

"Although Drysol does work it is also very painful for me. When I apply and even hours after, I have pain in my armpits. They are completely bumpy with red rashes and the burning is the worst part. The morning after I apply it , the redness dies down and so does the pain. The sweating does go away and this product would be perfect without the horrible side effects it gives me! Overall I feel that the product is not worth the pain I go through when and after applying."

Breanna Michelle June 28, 2016

"I have used it for over 20 years and it truly changed my life. My Dermatologist told me about it. By using it, I was able to give a firm handshake and get an excellent job. I though I would eventually not need it, but am in my 60's and still depend on it to control my sweaty palms. I love it and recommend it whole heartedly."

Robinson 2 June 17, 2016

"I've suffered from this condition my whole life. When I was younger people would always make comments on my hands. After years of begging I was taken to get it checked out. I'm amazed at the results. For the first time that I can remember my hands and feet are dry! The problem for me is the soles of my feet are itchy. Not just a slight itch, no, it's much worse. After a few days it fades. As a result of taking this it has caused my skin to peel from it's dryness."

Anonymous (14) (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2016

"I've been using drysol for over 10 years and it has been a blessing to my life. Like many of you, I suffered from the burning, itchy sensation and dryness as a result of the usage of this product. I was told by my dermatologist to place the drysol solution on my underarm and once it completely dries to then place hydrocortisone LOTION (no prescription required over the counter). As far as the dryness; in the areas where you expierience dryness (i.e hands & feet) place the drysol solution, once it completely dries, place Excipial lotion (no prescription required) over the areas that are dry. This has worked wonders for me and is a MUST try. Hope this helps!"

NVal (taken for 10 years or more) June 8, 2016

"As a teenager, sweating is a huge problem for me wherever and whenever. I have tried the anti-perisperant deodorant in stores but none have worked for me until my doctor prescribed me this. After applying it stings and itches a bit but it is so bearable and worth it. No sweat at all the next day and at school I didn't have to hide the wetness under a sweatshirt. Would totally reccomend"

Anonymous teen 14 May 13, 2016

"When I was in middle school I started experiencing hyperhydrosis of the underarms. I don't remember how I first came across Drysol, but it made such a huge difference in my life! I could wear ANY SHIRT I wanted! It definitely caused some itching/stinging of the underarm area if I applied it within 24 hours of shaving, so follow the directions. The day after the first use, my underarms were 100% sweat free. I used it for three consecutive nights, and after that I only needed to re-apply once a week, and eventually once a month, and so on. Today, I haven't used it in at least 8 years but I still don't have any underarm sweat. It basically deleted my axillary sweat glands. Hallelujah."

lerntern (taken for 10 years or more) May 9, 2016

"Love it...I use the product once a week..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2016

"15 plantars warts for son so bad and deep one podiatrist wouldn't treat him. Referred to another. Laser surgery is only option to keep normal life, but told to use Drysol for 2 weeks first. Off script, as directed put on each a.m. once a day only. Wow!!! After48 hrs they started to turn black and discomfort gone. After 2 wks they are more dry and black... we are waiting to hear back from podiatrist to see next step. Surgery may not be needed after all. No side effects."

MaryC8 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2016

"LOVE DRYSOL sweaty palms, feet and underarms are no fun for anyone at any time. Works like a charm after 2 or 3 times. Just a word of caution, I bought the extra strength and its so strong It feels like I may have even burned my palms. They are SO dry now, and sting even two days later. However, I'll take dry hands over sweaty ones. First time I can finally put lotion on my hands and not have them dripping in moisture! :D"

kpaine (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

"This is the first time using this product & it itches so bad !! but ive read many reviews and all i read is how good it is . so hopefully this itching is worth it"

CCO April 22, 2016

"I don't even know where to start with drysol, but it has saved my life & my confidence! Goodbye to constant underarm wetness."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

"i have suffered from excessive sweating for going on 3 years now. i could never wear cute shirts because i would ALWAYS sweat terribly through whatever i was wearing. i had to stick to hoodies and dark colors. which was not me at all. i had to beg my mom to take me to the dermatologist, but when she did, the doctor diagnosed me with hyperhidrosis. he then got me started on this medicine. i thought it was crazy to apply something under my arms every night, but after the first application, i realized i could wear whatever shirt i want to and not have to worry about sweating! i am using the 20% aluminum chloride (hexahydrate), and it does have a slight burn to it, but nothing intolerable. i suggest this product!!"

jduckett (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

"I sincerely recommend this product to any individual suffering from hyperhydrosis. All throughout my childhood I suffered from excessive sweating on my scalp and underarms. For those of you who've felt publicly victimized by this condition, you are not alone. WARNING to first time users: I would recommend using the regular 12% or mild 6.5% Aluminum chloride formula initially. I myself initially utilized the extra strong formula which contained 20% Aluminum chloride and during the first night of application I genuinely felt the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced in my entire life! Start off with the less concentrated formulas or start applying small amounts initially and gradually increase the amount being applied. TRUST ME!"

Cammmmm (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 3, 2016

"Drysol actually works!!! Please give it a try before considering any surgical operations or botox injections. I've been dealing with excessive sweating for about 2 years and finally decided to do something about it. And by excessive I mean sweat running like faucets, my underarm sweat would run right through my shirt and big sweaters and I'd have to change my shirt 4-5 times a day. I've used other antiperspirants prior to this one such as certaindri but they had very little impact on this problem of mine. Yesterday was the first day I used Drysol and I did not sweat at all. I'm so happy I can finally wear t-shirts again and not have to worry about my sweat stains. I did experience some itchiness yesterday but not as much today."

Thesweatman March 31, 2016

"'This product is flat out amazing'. As a teen, I was always conscious about my sweaty hands. Rejecting people whenever they reached out for a handshake was more than embarrassing, but I still did it and people would always comment. But when I found Drysol, I didn't think it would work for me and ignored all of the 10 ratings. I gave it a shot though, and it WORKED within the next day I applied it. I experienced no irritation on my hands, but it may be different for other people. This thing does what it says it does and BELIEVE ME. With consistent use within the first few days, your hands will be bone dry, and you begin to realize that you need to apply it less and less. Thanks to Drysol, I'm literally reborn and anxiety-free."

It WORKS March 28, 2016

"My pits have leaked like a faucet for years. Today was the first day I didn't have ANY issues!! It's unbelievable really. If it continues like this it will be a life changer!! I hope it's safe...seems too good to be true."

Anonymous March 24, 2016

"This works amazingly. I've had a problem with sweating for so long and this was a life saver for me. However if you get it prescribed by a doctor I recommend that you test how often you put it on yourself. I recently had Hypercare, which according to my pharmacist had the same exact ingredients as Drysol, so my doctor told me how much to put on a week etc. But a horrible burning and redness happened in my armpit and a lump came about from using it too often. So seriously use this sparingly and test it yourself how often to use it. Everyone is different so you may only need to use it a couple times a month or week etc! Just a warning for new users!"

Anonymous March 16, 2016

"Struggled considerably with excessive sweating starting at age 14. A close friend told me in college about how well Rx Drysol had worked for her, so I talked with my doctor. Long story short: after using Drysol exactly as prescribed during my 20s and 30s, my underarm sweating was 100% eradicated. Was able to switch to over-the-counter antiperspirants/deodorants for decades. Only now, pushing sixtysomething, did I need to request another Rx for Drysol after noticing some perspiration begin. After only a few applications, that problem too was solved! Drysol = an unforgettable quality-of-life improvement! Would 1,000% recommend it to anyone struggling with excessive sweating. PS. Cardinal Rule: APPLY DRYSOL SPARINGLY!!"

Grace Sophie (taken for 10 years or more) March 14, 2016

"OMG drysol is perfect. I've been dealing with sweat problems since 7th grade, it's so embarrassing to raise my arm. It's very discomforting when my armpits are wet but now with drysol I feel so much better I am so happy ... Only thing I'm a little mad about though is WHY DIDNT I FIND THIS SOONER!! Lol ..it's perfect ."

Mj400 March 2, 2016