User Reviews for Drysol

Learn more about Drysol.

Drysol Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Hyperhidrosis.

Reviews for Drysol to treat Hyperhidrosis

"My dermatologist recently prescribed this to me because of how much I sweat. Before, not even 10 minutes out of the shower I'm already sweating even if I have the air conditioner on, even during the winter, and generally just way more sweat than seems normal. I saw awesome results within a day, there was extremely little sweat, and a few days after I started, I was walking for about 15 minutes in 90° weather and there was barely any perspiration. The only downside is that I learned the hard way not to put it on right after shaving during a shower, and for some reason my armpits became somewhat discolored no matter what I did."

Emma P July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am someone who sweats anytime under my arms, it could be for any reason and I would filter my life around it. Loose shirts, dark colors, and I would rarely ever raise my arms for the fear that I would show my stains of sweat. Talked to my dermatologist and they offered my Drysol and I absolutely loved that I could wear anything and I wouldn't sweat, but it does have its downside to it. I am a girl and shaving under my arms irritates the crap out of it and burns, I tried to use nair instead of shaving and it burns even more. I honestly do not know what to do."

Kincade June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have suffered with excessive sweating on my scalp for 4 - 5 years, many times staying home rather than be embarrassed by sweat dripping off my hair. After 4 nights of using Drysol, I put it to the test and attended a swim meet for one of my grandkids, 90 degree temperature, and my scalp stayed DRY! The benefit of this far outweighs the temporary tingling and itchy feeling when applied to my scalp. My dermatologist who prescribed Drysol for me is my HERO!"

Grandma Judy June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Trying for years in the US to find something that worked for my daughter. Hers is so bad it really fills the room and now it's totally gone. We are so grateful ."

Anonymous June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 40 year old male who since I can remember, would sweat excessively under his arms. It does not matter if I was stressed, if I was hot, cold, etc. The worst is when it's 20 degrees outside, I'm freezing, yet my shirt is soaked under my arms. That drove me nuts. I used to sit at work, and keep a stash of paper towels at my desk that I would sit under my arms so that the sweat marks would be less visible. Black was my favorite shirt color, especially on days when I had to present to a room full of people. I applied Drysol the first night and the next day, 100 percent dry! I feel like a new person! I can wear tighter shirts and I can even wear grey! There was some discomfort after applying, but it's well worth it, in my opinion!"

It works! (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This stuff is absolutey amazing. I never could wear anything but black because I sweat so much in my armpits. I started using this a couple years ago. When I first started it I had to use it once every couple weeks. Then only once every 6 months and now it's been over a year and I don't have to use it and I'm not sweating. It felt like it saved my life in a way. I'm so happy I found it."

Anonymous123* May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This really does work and the issue now is I think my body is use to it now because I'm starting to sweat in my armpits again."

Bob404849 April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I sweat mostly everywhere. Pits aren't the only place. It's my face, chest, back of my thighs, groin area, hands, feet... you get it. I've been like this since puberty n it got a lot worse (of course) after I started working out regularly. I use Drysol mostly on my armpits maybe twice a week n I don't sweat at all. I apply it very lightly n only directly where I actually perspire from (the center of my pit) n then rub it around a little by doing a circular funky chicken-like movement. For everywhere else I only use it maybe once a month, it's effective for a couple of days. For my face (forehead, nose, n very lightly above my upper lip), I use a cotton ball as the applicator dispenses too much at a time. The itchiness is killer tho!!!!!"

Itchy n dry (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had severe underarm sweating since puberty. It was so embarrassing and got worse with time. I used drysol for the first time yesterday after realizing I truly needed a prescription antiperspirant and WOW! I couldn't be happier. The FIRST DAY I wore a shirt in my most feared color (gray) and had NO sweat all day. I couldn't believe how well it worked! I admit to discomfort upon application but it goes away shortly and is well, well worth it. I'll be a lifetime user. Incredible."

HokieGirl2013 April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"At first it was like a temporary quick fix. My hands would be dry, but when I got nervous I would feel the tingling sensation in my hands like they always do before they sweat, and they sweat. I put it on every night but it doesn't seem to work, going to the doctors today to take pills instead."

crash ! March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I began sweating as soon as I started college- probably from the mass amount of stress I'm always under. Any who, this product is amazing. I literally would be sitting in a normal temperature room and sweat would just be streaming from my arm pits down the sides of my body. I started using this and from day 1, absolutely no sweat. Not even at the gym. It does sting a little bit, but as far as I'm concerned, a little bit of stinging far outweighs the low self confidence, paranoia, and constant clamminess of my body. I 100% recommend this product to anyone."

The sweaty university student (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Drysol works very well. If you let your underarms completely dry, either by themselves or with a blow-dryer on low setting, there should be no irritation. If there is any continuous itching or burning, simply watch your armpits and dry them. Use sparingly."

Miss Wine March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Okay: typical story. I would cry because I couldn't wear red, and so on and so forth. Anyway, I'm currently on day three of using this. Night one: it burned and itched a bit but nothing major, and the next day- you guessed it- no sweating. Zip. Zilch. Played ping pong for literally 2 hours and was dry as the Sahara. Night two: I showered and, without thinking, shaved, dried off thoroughly and applied the Drysol. I was shaking. My armpits felt like the fricken sun and I was considering writing my will. Day two: my pits hurt so bad that I couldn't lift my arms. Night three: showered, but definitely didn't shave. Burns unbelievably, and itches like sandpaper, but I believe that's because I basically slaughtered my sweat glands by shaving."

Anonymous #1021 February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"When I was in middle school it is hard if you have hyperhidrosis. Your self confidence is way low and I can NEVER wear shirts without a jacket over it to hide the pit stains. It really did suck. I started using drysol in the sixth grade because of my excessive sweating and it's been helping ever sense. The first week of using it, there is going to be itching but after a few days it should be fine. Do not use it after shaving or don't put too much on and that's what will cause the burning sensation everyone's talking about. Use a small amount, dry it via air or a hair dryer and you should be fine to go to bed. There is no point in using this product every single night. I suggest it!"

DrysolIsALifesaver (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm a university student, who suffers from hyperhydrosis. I've had it for a few years, ever since puberty hit. It's always embarressing having sweat stains, always feels like someone is staring. I always keep my arms down once I noticed they are there. Will never even raise my hand in class or reach the top of my locker so I dont raise my arms. No other antiperspirant worked and I'm too young for botox. Certain dry didnt work either. I tried this, went from doing it every other night to once or twice a week. Was itchy at first but now nothing. But I was so happy I could not be embarrassed anymore. I could wear whatever I wanted and buy whatever. Though, I did notice some BO come back, so I used some natural deodorant along with it. Changed my life"

Kat9090 January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had hyperhidrosis for as long as I can remember (5/6 years old my mom noticed first) My problem areas are my hands and feet. 24 now, but growing up and going to school was a total MESS for me. I hated it. The equivelant to that are my job interviews now. I developed social anxiety and anxiety in general. I ruined so many pairs of shoes, and I could never wear sandals or dress cute because my ankles would show my sweat also. Could never get my nails done either ughh. Anywho, I tried Drysol for the FIRST TIME last night. No side effects, although my hands and feet feel a little dry this morning (8am). I normally start sweating for no reason as soon as I wake up.. no sweat just yet. I'll update l8r. Running out of room :)"

AlyyyyyCat (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've always sweat a lot, and it's super embarrassing. I couldn't wear light coloured shirts because I'd have giant pit stains, and after a few wears, the shirts would become stained yellow and were basically ruined. It was awful, and I was so self-conscious ALL the time. I've tried every brand of extra strength antiperspirants, and though some work better than others, none worked well enough for me. This works wonders for me. I don't sweat anymore! Something I never thought I'd be able to say. Drysol has been a total life changer for me, and now I'm happy to buy clothing again! I couldn't recommend this product enough. It's wonderful!"

canadianxo January 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I get sweaty and I sweat right through that stuff"

hendrixx January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Such bad sweating/leaking from armpits that thought I would give it a try. No prescrip required in Canada. Picked up the extra strength and used three nights in a row. Stopped my sweating 100 % immed after three nights. Last 2 mths before I had to use it again. I now add an extra night every couple of weeks and no sweat from pits for over a year. Yes, it can itch but remember to dab not smear it on. More doesn't work any better and almost no itch on my 2 week applications due to using less. Short term pain for long term gain"

Dry is all I have to say January 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 24 and have sweat through the armpits of my shirts since puberty. Clinical strength/aluminum chloride products don't work. Every time I go clothing shopping, I think "will this show my sweat?" Finally, I told my dermatologist what I had tried already to reduce my underarm sweating, and she prescribed Drysol for me. THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. The first day I wore a tight shirt without sweating through it, I almost cried. I am using it every night (not after showering or shaving) with very minimal irritation. To anyone who suffers from hyperhydrosis of the underarms, I say this: thanks to Drysol, I just wore a tight gray long-sleeved shirt to a party. No sweat marks."

Jolie9987 (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This product surely works! As an unlucky student, we wear uniforms. And my condition isn't helping me to boost my self-confidence to make friends or to do the things that a person without Hyperhidrosis can. I've seen a lot of reviews that Drysol can cause itchiness but I don't have this kind of problem so I am very thankful. I don't know why but the product didn't react to me like that. (Maybe I should ask my dermatologist) I am really happy with the result!!"

Akhyn December 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After reading some other misleading reviews, I wanted to write my own. I have dealt with hyperhydrosis my entire life, and it's such a confidence killer. I could never dress nicely in high school because I'd always hear whispers about my underarm sweat stains. I tried certaindry and it worked for about 2 months then stopped. I was crushed. I finally was prescribed drysol, but I wasn't convinced that it would work. I've been using it for about a year now and I'm so shocked that it still works! I noticed that if you wash your underarms thouroughly, and dry them thouroughly the itch isn't as bad as if you were to just apply at the end of the day. The only time it's ever burned is if I over use it, or use it the same day as shaving. Worth a try"

Julezzz (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I suffered with hyperhidrosis for over 10 years. I had no idea it was an actual medical condition up until recently. I told my doctor about my issue and he prescribed Drysol. I must say it changed my life..i cried when I went a whole day without sweating!! Please ask your doctor about this if you have excessive sweating!"

Anonymous December 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Typical hyperhidrosis story, here. All of my white undershirts have nasty looking yellow/brown stains on the pits and a lot of colored shirts have white stains from sweating so much that over the counter deodorant had stained the pits. I'll admit, I didn't have a ton of hope for drysol, as no deodorant has ever worked for me. This stuff works. I'm amazed. The only problem is that it is excruciatingly itchy. I thought this would only be for the first couple of nights, but nope. Every single night it itches like hell for about 30 minutes. Even before I apply it, there's a slight itch. Occasionally the itching is accompanied by a slight burning sensation, but not always. The stuff works wonders and I'd rate it 10/10 if it wasn't for the itch."

Anonymous December 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!! I have been suffering from Hyperhidrosis for almost 10 years when a coworker suggested drysol. And to my surprise it actually worked!! I tried all the over the counter deodorants and they never did the trick but this did. I use about once a week and have no problems. If i do miss a dosage I do notice that the sweating is a little worse but then i just put it on that night and all is good. I would HIGHLY recommend this product!"

MeganG28 November 30, 2016