User Reviews for Drysol

Learn more about Drysol.

Drysol Rating Summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Hyperhidrosis.

Reviews for Drysol to treat Hyperhidrosis

"This is my first ever product review. I felt obligated to write this because it is a life changing solution. Was a bit worried when it only reduced my sweating after 2 days of use. I didn't think it would work because my sweaty hands were the worst I've ever seen (literally dripping, and unconcealable) On third night there was horrible itching and pain, but I endured it. The next day, hands were completely dry. I now only have to use it once in a while for maintenance. This completely changed my life, and I am glad to be rid of that dreaded hyperhidrosis. PS be sure NOT to use it on any cuts or skin that is already dry THANK YOU SO MUCH"

Review42 (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2016

"Ever since middle school I have suffered from hyperhidrosis since I was 12. My problem area was my armpits and I was very self conscious. Although this product has helped with the sweating it doesn't always work but ALWAYS causes extreme pain rashes and itching. There were times were I would feel like crying because of the pain. The product isn't terrible and certainly works but is NOT WORTH THE PAIN."

Test subject 24601 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2016

"I read the info sheet that was given to me when I got Drysol. It said some minor burning and irritation was possible. The first night I used it it burned to the point where after an hour I had to wash it off just so I could get to sleep. Even then it burned but it wasn't unbearable. The next night same thing. I'm liking the product as it helps but it isn't worth the pain. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016

"This is hands down the best thing that has ever happened in my life. My problem areas are my hands and feet. They would sweat so bad, the sweat would appear through my sandals and my hands would stick to my paper when writing in school. So embarrassing. I used Drysol for 3 consecutive nights and after the 3rd night, I was sweat free! I did not experience burning and itching until the third night and, boy, was it unconformable to sleep in. I now only use it once a week, but will cut down later on in the year. Drysol did make my hands very dry to the point when I rub then together, the dead skin/flakes would fall off (and a lot of it). I am in search for a good hand cream, but I am in no rush because dry hands are better then sweaty ones."

RebeccaR98 August 26, 2016

"This product is a God send. Minor burning sensation after applying and in the morning until I shower, but you have to weigh the positives with the negatives. I used to be drenched under my arm pits but now I can go a full 8+hr shift without even noticing any sweat."

webdev (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2016

"Ive been using this product for only 3 weeks but I strongly recommend it !! I used it 3 days in a row at first before I got to bed I applied it on my under arms let dry throw on a t-shirt and went to bed. Like some of you I also expirienced some burning/itching sensation, first day it's was very mild but the third day it was bad but not unbearable. After that I'm just applying it 2x a week. It's a life changer before I couldn't even wear the tops I wanted it's was embarrassing walking around with there huge sweat stains on my underarms. But now I can wear what I please there's no need to put up with that anymore "

Leandrarafel August 1, 2016

"I've been using it for about a month and I've been sweat free ever since."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2016

"I finally talked to my doctor about my uncontrollable armpit sweating and she prescribed me drysol. I used to take freezing cold showers, dry off and be soaked in minutes! But drysol has helped me so much!! My pits stay dry and I can wear tank tops again without feeling drenched!"

Dry pits (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

"I have suffered from hyperhidrosis since puberty, and I would never raise my hand in class to ask questions. It caused me severe anxiety, and probably hurt my education. Two weeks ago I started using Drysol. IT CHANGED MY LIFE. I can now work an 8 hour shift in the light gray uniform shirt and be completely dry. My quality of life and confidence have skyrocketed. The only reason I'm not rating it a 10 is because of the itching. When applied, drysol causes me pretty severe itching in my underarms. I have been able to ignore it for the most part in public, but only with extreme discipline. If it didn't cause so much itching, this would be a miracle product."

evebananas July 13, 2016

"I have been using Drysol for almost three weeks for my sweaty scalp, and it has worked wonders. The product is totally amazing!!! I have only one small problem, after using Drysol my scalp has become blotchy. Can anyone recommend a lotion or cream for the discoloration of my scalp? Also I need to know that the moisturizer won't stop the Drysol from working. Please reply ASAP!!!"

Dry but blotchy (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2016

"On July 4th. weekend I recommended Drysol to a very close friend. At first he was extremely skeptical about using the product. Because he had tried everything under the sun, he felt it would just be a waste of time. But after one application he was blown away by Drysol. His scalp was as dry as baby powder. For the first time in about twenty years he doesn't have to carry those darn face cloths around, and doesn't have to feel the utter humiliation that hyperhydrosis has plagued him with in the past. I am so thrilled for him! Since using the product he literally hasn't stopped smiling. I rate the product 10 out of 10."

DDOU. (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2016

"I have been afflicted with hyperhidrosis for over a decade. A pharmacist told me about Drysol. I followed the products directions, and applied it before bed time for three consecutive nights. To test it I ate very spicy food. In the past my head would have been drenched, but it was totally bone dry. Drysol is a God send! It is truly a miracle cure. I will follow the directions and apply it once or twice a week. It really alters and shrinks the sweat glands. I can't say enough great things about this fabulous product. My life has really changed for the better. Thanks from the bottom of my heart Drysol makers!"

Dry as sand (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2016

"I have been suffering from hyperhydrosis for 15 years. My scalp would literally sweat like a broken faucet. I would constantly have to wipe the perspiration off my head every few seconds. It was so embarrassing! A pharmacist recommended Drysol and after the first application I was sweat free. I couldn't believe it! I have a new lease on life. I can finally not have to carry napkins around, and be worried about sweating in front of the public. If you suffer from severe sweating of the scalp please, I repeat please give Drysol a try- you won't be sorry. I give this product a rating of an eleven out of ten!"

Totally Due this July 3, 2016

"Although Drysol does work it is also very painful for me. When I apply and even hours after, I have pain in my armpits. They are completely bumpy with red rashes and the burning is the worst part. The morning after I apply it , the redness dies down and so does the pain. The sweating does go away and this product would be perfect without the horrible side effects it gives me! Overall I feel that the product is not worth the pain I go through when and after applying."

Breanna Michelle June 28, 2016

"I have used it for over 20 years and it truly changed my life. My Dermatologist told me about it. By using it, I was able to give a firm handshake and get an excellent job. I though I would eventually not need it, but am in my 60's and still depend on it to control my sweaty palms. I love it and recommend it whole heartedly."

Robinson 2 June 17, 2016

"I've suffered from this condition my whole life. When I was younger people would always make comments on my hands. After years of begging I was taken to get it checked out. I'm amazed at the results. For the first time that I can remember my hands and feet are dry! The problem for me is the soles of my feet are itchy. Not just a slight itch, no, it's much worse. After a few days it fades. As a result of taking this it has caused my skin to peel from it's dryness."

Anonymous (14) (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2016

"I've been using drysol for over 10 years and it has been a blessing to my life. Like many of you, I suffered from the burning, itchy sensation and dryness as a result of the usage of this product. I was told by my dermatologist to place the drysol solution on my underarm and once it completely dries to then place hydrocortisone LOTION (no prescription required over the counter). As far as the dryness; in the areas where you expierience dryness (i.e hands & feet) place the drysol solution, once it completely dries, place Excipial lotion (no prescription required) over the areas that are dry. This has worked wonders for me and is a MUST try. Hope this helps!"

NVal (taken for 10 years or more) June 8, 2016

"As a teenager, sweating is a huge problem for me wherever and whenever. I have tried the anti-perisperant deodorant in stores but none have worked for me until my doctor prescribed me this. After applying it stings and itches a bit but it is so bearable and worth it. No sweat at all the next day and at school I didn't have to hide the wetness under a sweatshirt. Would totally reccomend"

Anonymous teen 14 May 13, 2016

"When I was in middle school I started experiencing hyperhydrosis of the underarms. I don't remember how I first came across Drysol, but it made such a huge difference in my life! I could wear ANY SHIRT I wanted! It definitely caused some itching/stinging of the underarm area if I applied it within 24 hours of shaving, so follow the directions. The day after the first use, my underarms were 100% sweat free. I used it for three consecutive nights, and after that I only needed to re-apply once a week, and eventually once a month, and so on. Today, I haven't used it in at least 8 years but I still don't have any underarm sweat. It basically deleted my axillary sweat glands. Hallelujah."

lerntern (taken for 10 years or more) May 9, 2016

"Love it...I use the product once a week..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2016

"15 plantars warts for son so bad and deep one podiatrist wouldn't treat him. Referred to another. Laser surgery is only option to keep normal life, but told to use Drysol for 2 weeks first. Off script, as directed put on each a.m. once a day only. Wow!!! After48 hrs they started to turn black and discomfort gone. After 2 wks they are more dry and black... we are waiting to hear back from podiatrist to see next step. Surgery may not be needed after all. No side effects."

MaryC8 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2016

"LOVE DRYSOL sweaty palms, feet and underarms are no fun for anyone at any time. Works like a charm after 2 or 3 times. Just a word of caution, I bought the extra strength and its so strong It feels like I may have even burned my palms. They are SO dry now, and sting even two days later. However, I'll take dry hands over sweaty ones. First time I can finally put lotion on my hands and not have them dripping in moisture! :D"

kpaine (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

"This is the first time using this product & it itches so bad !! but ive read many reviews and all i read is how good it is . so hopefully this itching is worth it"

CCO April 22, 2016

"I don't even know where to start with drysol, but it has saved my life & my confidence! Goodbye to constant underarm wetness."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

"i have suffered from excessive sweating for going on 3 years now. i could never wear cute shirts because i would ALWAYS sweat terribly through whatever i was wearing. i had to stick to hoodies and dark colors. which was not me at all. i had to beg my mom to take me to the dermatologist, but when she did, the doctor diagnosed me with hyperhidrosis. he then got me started on this medicine. i thought it was crazy to apply something under my arms every night, but after the first application, i realized i could wear whatever shirt i want to and not have to worry about sweating! i am using the 20% aluminum chloride (hexahydrate), and it does have a slight burn to it, but nothing intolerable. i suggest this product!!"

jduckett (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016