User Reviews for Alpha-lipoic acid

Dietary Supplementation
5.7

Summary of Alpha-lipoic acid reviews 5.2 11 reviews

Reviews for Alpha-lipoic acid

For Dietary Supplementation: "Huge amounts of hair loss. Hope it grows back after stopping."

Ed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation: "Caused huge amounts of hair loss. I agree there are benefits of the supplement, but losing TONS of hair because of using ALA is not worth it."

Sher (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 18, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation: "I also experience heartburn almost immediately after taking ALA, so now I take it directly with food"

hilde (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I started taking the Alpha Liptic Acid at the request of my orthopedic doctor for neuropathy and the spinal pain I have. The first 3 weeks it was awesome and really helped with my all over body pain. I thought I had found a miracle drug. Then my appetite increased to the point, all I wanted to do was eat 24 / 7 and sweets, like my brain was constantly saying eat. Then my mouth broke out in canker sores. It felt like razor blades in my mouth when I ate or drank anything. I stopped the ALA. It took about 4 weeks for my mouth to clear up. I was not sure the ALA had caused this. So I waited another month and started the ALA and within two days the hunger returned and my mouth became sore and the third day I had a canker sore. I stopped taking the ALA and it's been 8 months and haven't had the constant hunger and no mouth sores. While it really relieved my body pain, the side effects of hunger and mouth sores are not worth it."

Best Nana (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation: "I have had type 2 diabetes 30 yrs, and Diabetic neuropathy , also have impotence and no ejaculation for more than a year."

Kdaveo (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

For Dietary Supplementation: "So far, I have noticed heartburn each time I take ALA. Has anyone else experienced this?"

Tleeg (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

For Dietary Supplementation: "took ALA two hours after meal and woke up with breathing problems."

blueleader (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2015

For Dietary Supplementation: "Some relief from burning sensation of feet however I've gained 10 pounds since I started taking it. Also, I believe I'm having blood sugar problems."

applgranny February 16, 2015

For Dietary Supplementation: "I am taking Alpha-Lipoic Acid to treat steatohepatosis and it really works (600 mg per day)."

Biofyzika May 1, 2014

For Dietary Supplementation: "I lose weight gradually, and my metabolism increase. I started taking this supplement while watching Dr. Oz show and his father in-law a cardiologist recommend to take 600 MG a day. I been taking this supplement almost a year now."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 29, 2013

For Dietary Supplementation: "I suffer from Neuropathic pain (Neuropathy) for the past 11 years, with severe implications. I've been taking 600mg/day of ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) for the past 2 years (23 months). I've enjoyed noticeable IMPROVEMENT as I was also treated with HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) in the past year. I keep a daily symptom chart journal. (The HBOT was conducted as a preTrial to find if there's a possibility for improvement/cure of different Neuropathies and a reason to conduct a full scale trial.) My Improvement started before the HBOT, and increased during. Pain levels are about 35%-40% less than before!"

MD STUDENT November 22, 2009

For Dietary Supplementation: "I have begun losing my hair, and when I searched for "hair loss and alpha-lipoic acid (ALA)", I learned that ALA absorbs all your biotin. Thus, when a persons takes it on a regular basis, they should be ingesting it with Biotin as well. If there are a few of us coming forward on this, I am sure there are many more who are out there and developing this problem. I did appreciate the usefulness of ALA with my rosacea, and it has helped alleviate those problems; now, I just hope that taking biotin, will bring back my hair."

JC48 October 23, 2009