User Reviews for Alpha-lipoic acid

Also known as: Alpha-Lipoic-Acid-300

Learn more about Alpha-lipoic acid.

Dietary Supplementation 8 reviews 572 medications

7.2
Summary of Alpha-lipoic acid reviews 8 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Alpha-lipoic acid

For Dietary Supplementation: "I have had type 2 diabetes 30 yrs, and Diabetic neuropathy , also have impotence and no ejaculation for more than a year."

Kdaveo (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation: "So far, I have noticed heartburn each time I take ALA. Has anyone else experienced this?"

Tleeg (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation: "took ALA two hours after meal and woke up with breathing problems."

blueleader (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation: "Some relief from burning sensation of feet however I've gained 10 pounds since I started taking it. Also, I believe I'm having blood sugar problems."

applgranny February 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation: "I am taking Alpha-Lipoic Acid to treat steatohepatosis and it really works (600 mg per day)."

Biofyzika May 1, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation: "I lose weight gradually, and my metabolism increase. I started taking this supplement while watching Dr. Oz show and his father in-law a cardiologist recommend to take 600 MG a day. I been taking this supplement almost a year now."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 29, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation: "I suffer from Neuropathic pain (Neuropathy) for the past 11 years, with severe implications. I've been taking 600mg/day of ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) for the past 2 years (23 months). I've enjoyed noticeable IMPROVEMENT as I was also treated with HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) in the past year. I keep a daily symptom chart journal. (The HBOT was conducted as a preTrial to find if there's a possibility for improvement/cure of different Neuropathies and a reason to conduct a full scale trial.) My Improvement started before the HBOT, and increased during. Pain levels are about 35%-40% less than before!"

MD STUDENT November 22, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation: "I have begun losing my hair, and when I searched for "hair loss and alpha-lipoic acid (ALA)", I learned that ALA absorbs all your biotin. Thus, when a persons takes it on a regular basis, they should be ingesting it with Biotin as well. If there are a few of us coming forward on this, I am sure there are many more who are out there and developing this problem. I did appreciate the usefulness of ALA with my rosacea, and it has helped alleviate those problems; now, I just hope that taking biotin, will bring back my hair."

JC48 October 23, 2009