User Reviews for Alpha-lipoic acid to treat Dietary Supplementation

Also known as: Alpha-Lipoic-Acid-300

Alpha-lipoic acid Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 214 medications used in the treatment of Dietary Supplementation.

Reviews for Alpha-lipoic acid

Jeans · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 29, 2020

“Had terrible heartburn, but was told reflux (only had heartburn with my 4 pregnancies). Slowly starting losing hair thought, ok going thru early menopause! Or the old saying, “ your stressed”! Never dawned on me to check out my supplements that my pain management doc recommended 6 months ago! The past month I’ve been losing so much hair, that now I am feeling stressed. Thank you for the previous reviews!!! I’m stopping and I’ll figure something else out.”

Moon Dance · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2020

Alpha-Lipoic-Acid-300 (alpha-lipoic acid): “ALA made me nauseous, pain in feet worse, red skin on face, low blood sugar.”

Belle · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 14, 2020

“Must be taken after a meal...to avoid upset. I’ve been taking alpha lipoic for awhile and in the last 3 months my hair starting falling out and really thinning. I’m reviewing every supplement for effects. Looks like this is it....AND I did change brands. Stopped twice a day dose and going to every other day AND adding Biotin to see IF hair stops falling out and hair starts growing back. Will weigh benefits versus hair loss which is costly to address.”

Xx · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 26, 2020

“I have been taking Alpha Lipoec Acid, 1200mg a day for a year now for nerve damage. It has been amazing with minimizing my pain. I have however started loosening heaps of hair. The hair loss is really bad. Im going to try and take Biotin with it to see if it helps. I cannot understand how the manufacturer of this amazing product cannot take something out of the product or add something to prevent hair loss.”

Robin · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 19, 2020

“I am experiencing a lot of hair loss on ALA. I have been on biotin for many years. Neurologist has improved but I cannot continue due to hair loss. I wish there was an alternative.”

Bee April 17, 2020

Alpha-Lipoic-Acid-300 (alpha-lipoic acid): “My feet would feel like I had ants biting them And hard to walk! Since I’ve been on ALA That has all stopped.”

TzAx · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 14, 2020

“ALA is so strong and bad for stomach that you have to use empty coated acid resistant enteric capsules. Problem's solved. I have been used them many years, no problem at all !”

KC · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 12, 2020

“Experienced tremendous hair loss and only recently put this together timing wise for when I started taking Alpha Lipoic daily. No other side effects noticed but the hair loss has been very significant.”

Ken · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 5, 2020

Alpha-Lipoic-Acid-300 (alpha-lipoic acid): “AlA has stoped the tingling in my lower legs. I had ben having electrical like tingling in lower legs in various places. ALA has nearly stop this condition.”

Tori · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 11, 2019

“I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and was constantly in pain. I also had brain fog and was constantly fatigued. I was diagnosed a month ago and just heard of fibromyalgia. So I googled remedies and read an article about ALA. I did reviews and saw ppl take with biotin. So Ive been taking both for a month now. I have lost 10 pounds. Have more energy. I do get acid reflux and yesterday I had this horrible more painful than acid reflux in my throat. I ate a banana and took omeprazole and it went away. But other than the reflex it has been great for me. I feel my memory has been approving to.”

PattiB December 5, 2019

“Started this and had terrible reflux. Then took it with lunch or dinner. Day one nightmares! Didn’t see this anywhere on the site. It does help with my neuropathy pain in my legs and feet though.”

Kathleen · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2019

“Twice now I have started vomiting after taking 600 mg alpha-lipoic acid forPeripheral neuropathy. This last time I experienced severe burning in my throat up thru my nose along with vomiting and the burning continued for more than 6 hours!”

AB · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2019

“Good experience taking for peripheral neuropathy 600mg once daily with biotin included for 5 weeks. Pain resolved and reduced odd sensation feeling , hopefully will continue to improve.”

Ed · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 9, 2018

“Huge amounts of hair loss. Hope it grows back after stopping.”

Sher · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 18, 2018

“Caused huge amounts of hair loss. I agree there are benefits of the supplement, but losing TONS of hair because of using ALA is not worth it.”

hilde · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 13, 2018

“I also experience heartburn almost immediately after taking ALA, so now I take it directly with food”

Kdaveo · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2016

“I have had type 2 diabetes 30 yrs, and Diabetic neuropathy , also have impotence and no ejaculation for more than a year.”

Tleeg · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2016

“So far, I have noticed heartburn each time I take ALA. Has anyone else experienced this?”

blueleader · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2015

“took ALA two hours after meal and woke up with breathing problems.”

applgranny February 16, 2015

“Some relief from burning sensation of feet however I've gained 10 pounds since I started taking it. Also, I believe I'm having blood sugar problems.”

Biofyzika May 1, 2014

“I am taking Alpha-Lipoic Acid to treat steatohepatosis and it really works (600 mg per day).”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 29, 2013

“I lose weight gradually, and my metabolism increase. I started taking this supplement while watching Dr. Oz show and his father in-law a cardiologist recommend to take 600 MG a day. I been taking this supplement almost a year now.”

MD STUDENT November 22, 2009

“I suffer from Neuropathic pain (Neuropathy) for the past 11 years, with severe implications. I've been taking 600mg/day of ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) for the past 2 years (23 months). I've enjoyed noticeable IMPROVEMENT as I was also treated with HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) in the past year. I keep a daily symptom chart journal. (The HBOT was conducted as a preTrial to find if there's a possibility for improvement/cure of different Neuropathies and a reason to conduct a full scale trial.) My Improvement started before the HBOT, and increased during. Pain levels are about 35%-40% less than before!”

JC48 October 23, 2009

“I have begun losing my hair, and when I searched for "hair loss and alpha-lipoic acid (ALA)", I learned that ALA absorbs all your biotin. Thus, when a persons takes it on a regular basis, they should be ingesting it with Biotin as well. If there are a few of us coming forward on this, I am sure there are many more who are out there and developing this problem. I did appreciate the usefulness of ALA with my rosacea, and it has helped alleviate those problems; now, I just hope that taking biotin, will bring back my hair.”