User Reviews for Alcaftadine ophthalmic to treat Conjunctivitis, Allergic

Also known as: Lastacaft

Alcaftadine ophthalmic has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 20 ratings for the treatment of Conjunctivitis, Allergic. 40% of those users who reviewed Alcaftadine ophthalmic reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Alcaftadine ophthalmic Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Conjunctivitis, Allergic.

Reviews for Alcaftadine ophthalmic

Leticia · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2020

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “I had to stop using Lastacaft right away , first day I felt tired , sleepy , like about to get sick , I did not related to the product until I forgot to take it and I started to feel better. The day after I used it in the evening and again I felt again tired , dizzy but in a way that I thought I was going to get very sick of something almost like being drunk . I would not recommend this to anybody seems dangerous . The doses was one drop per day per eye .”

Georgia January 20, 2020

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “Was having allergy issues in my eyes. My Opthamalogist prescribed Lastacaft. My eyes turned flaming red and were swollen shut from these drops. I stopped using immediately. Only medication I have ever been allergic to.”

yogababy January 4, 2019

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “I don't mind that it's pricey - if it's effective- but this is a dangerous product!! After putting in tiny drops before going to bed, I woke up looking like a worm (or should I say goldfish) the next morning - swollen eyelids to the point I looked unrecognisable, couldn't go outside for 2 days. Should be off the market immediately!!”

Anonymous January 12, 2012

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “Initially I really liked this medication. Much less initial sting after application than the drops I used before. However, after about two weeks of use, I had an allergic reaction that caused my eyes to appear as if I had conjunctivitis. Didn't realize it was the Lastacaft and went to the doctor for anti-biotic drops. After my eyes cleared up in two or three days, I again applied Lastacaft and immediately looked like my eyeballs were bleeding. My vision got blurry and my eyes were very sensitive to light. I am one of the <4% with an allergic reaction. ”

Anonymous October 27, 2011

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “I LOVED these drops at first. Even was able to cut back on my nasal allergy medicine. However, after a month I had a terrible reaction to it and ended up looking like I had pink eye in both eyes, in addition to swollen horribly itchy eyelids. My luck, allergic to the allergy medicine. Don't panic if this happens to you, it'll go away in a couple of days.”

J.S.L. July 26, 2013

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “A week after using Lastacaft, like with some of the other reviewers, I thought I had conjunctivitis and went in to see the doctor, indicating that it started after using the drops. He said it was due to dry eye issues and being around a lot of dust/debris, which made sense at the time. The antibiotic drops did the trick, but I was told to keep using Lastacaft, and sure enough, the redness returned. I continued with the just the antibiotics and I was back to normal. Well, this morning, I thought I'd start with Lastacaft again, since the doctor indicated that they weren't the problem, and I'm back to having pink eye. ”

Anonymous November 30, 2011

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “I used them and within 6 hours my eyes swelled almost shut, and cheeks puffed up. 2 weeks later I still have red watery eyes, but thankfully the swelling is finally gone. I will never use this product again (obviously), but it is also incredibly expensive. I have never had an allergic reaction to any medication before so this was very unexpected.”

Manda O. · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2013

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “I was prescribed Lastacaft for severe eye allergies. They did a good job at first, but after about a week my eyes became red, swollen and irritated again. After going back to my doctor and telling her that the Lastacaft didn't seem to be effective for me any longer, she prescribed Bepreve. This worked fabulously and I had been using it religiously until I unexpectedly ran out of it early. I had some of the Lastacaft left, and since I wasn't having severe allergies at the time I figured using it would hold me over until I could get the Bepreve refilled. I used it once and woke up the next morning looking like I had conjunctivitis in both eyes - awful. I can only surmise that I'm either allergic or highly sensitive to Lastacaft.”

TX5383 September 21, 2014

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “Used this a month ago for allergic conjunctivitis. Thought it worked. Have allergic conjunctivitis again. Used this product and like others my eyes are swollen and blood red. Hope to see Allergist tomorrow for help.”

Zaditor March 28, 2013

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “I have been using Lastacaft for about two weeks. My ophthalmologist said to try an over the counter medication called Zaditor when the sample he gave me ran out since it is expensive even with insurance. So on Monday I started the Zaditor and my eyes starting burning once again. I gave up today and bought the more expensive, but better working, Lastacaft.”

Or odd November 2, 2011

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “Nothing else worked for me. I tried Pataday and Bepreve before and Lastacaft blew it out of the water. Super fast acting and I only use it less than once per day. My doctor loves this and I will stick with it for life. My eyes used to be red and itch all day and now they are clear and comfortable. Love it!”

sharpasice June 10, 2011

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “Have tried so many medicines to help my dry eye. I mentioned to my Doctor that during allergy season my eyes were worse so he prescribed Lastacaft. I tried it right in the office and again the next day. Have been using it for 5 days now and have not had to use ANY other drops for dry eye! This is amazing as I was using drops multiple times a day. This doesn't burn or itch but does kind of feel like I've used a cooling liquid in my eye, sort of like menthol but it disappears within about a minute. Great product.”

BusyMami · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2013

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “Applied after bathing at bedtime. Relief of eye itching was achieved totally in minutes. Bothersome tearing was all but gone by the morning. Lasted about 16 hours on heavy pollen count day. Not covered by insurance, but I will spend to buy anyway.”

bendifrin January 24, 2015

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “I have a combination of dry eyes and allergies. Started these drops on Jan 22, 2015 and have already felt some relief from that scratchy feeling in my eyes, especially my right one. Doc said I wouldn't notice an immediate difference, but I do feel much better. I'm just appalled at the price of the drops (hence a 6 rating).”

Watery eyes · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2015

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “Ive spent a lifetime with itchy, watery eyes. Even had surgery to open my tear ducts and the tears still ran down my face. A friend recommended these and let me try them before spending the big bucks. I IMMEDIATELY had relief that I haven't had in years! Luckily my insurance covers it and I'm only out $20, but I would honestly spend whatever it takes to have this stuff. I can finally wear eye makeup and keep it on more than an hour, and people have stopped asking me why I'm crying.”

Saar74 · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2017

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “Lastacaft is a dangerous medication that should be off the market! I have used it on 4 isolated occasions and it took me 5th time of burning my eye and severe allergic reaction to pinpoint the culprit. I threw away and replaced all my skincare and make up, went to the ophthalmologist at least 8 visits; used steroid medicine to clear this up. This drop is horrible and dangerous. I paid 200$ out of pocket for it and triple that to be treated to clear side effects. I am so angry I used it again today and burnt my eyes yet again; look bloody red and swollen! It will take 3-4 days again to feel better. DO NOT USE!”

My Eyes! · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2016

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “I was prescribed Lastacaft twice a day and antibiotic drops 3 times a day (Doc said it was Viral Infection). After 8 days of use I thought I was healed. So I stopped use. A week and 1/2 later for my follow-up appt., the Doc recommended that I continue to use Lastacaft for 2 months. I was feeling fine so I waited a few days to start-up again w/ Lastacaft. I put the drops in one afternoon & ended up taking a nap and woke up with RED SWOLLEN EYES and a disgusting film that was gelatin like and almost looked like a worm! I called the doc and he said it was fine to continue. 6 days gone by I tell him it's gotten worse, even the whites of my eyes look deformed w/ swollen pockets. My eyes clear up a little when I discontinue use of Lastacaft.”

Arbie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2018

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “I think I've tried just about everything for the severe allergic reactions I get in my eyes. My doctor gave me a sample of Lastacaft, and it's the most effective thing I've found. I just can't afford it.”

PCanady September 30, 2015

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “I'm a contact lense wearer and also have an eye allergy. I have to apply the LastCaft 15 minutes prior to inserting my lenses in the morning. Even though I wear daily disposables, I would not be able to wear contacts without these eye drops. I highly recommend them but they are also about $60 for a sample size bottle. This cost is with my Blue Cross insurance. I can afford it but I wonder if any research is being done to create a generic of the same product. I have researched this online but I have not found anything.”

Anonymous June 9, 2012

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “Like the other reviewers below, I had a moderately severe allergic reaction to lastacaft. My eyes became very red and moderately swollen. Symptoms subsided within a day of discontinuing treatment.”

Anonymous September 20, 2011

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “This has done wonders on my severe eye allergies. It doesn't sting at all but has almost a cooling sensation for about a minute after using the drops. It works really well and quickly.”

Anonymous March 29, 2011

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “The drop works pretty fast, however it makes my eyes feel tingly. That's as scientific of an explanation as I can come up with.”

Lanipac August 9, 2017

Lastacaft (alcaftadine): “Great eye drop. The irritating itches and redness in my eye went away in a few minutes every time when I used it. I have been using this eye drop for >2 years now!”