User Reviews for Differin

Learn more about Differin.

Acne 134 reviews 504 medications

7.4
Summary of Differin reviews 134 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Differin

For Acne "Excellent product. Cleared my acne in 1 week. You have to follow the instructions to avoid skin irritation and limit Sun exposure."

LeeGood1 August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I needed to share an honest review. I got differin to get rid of these stubborn invisible pimples around my chin. Basically they're clogged pores. They appeared even though I wash my face daily and nightly and exfoliate regularly with expensive products. Then I found differin. I've been on it about 3 weeks now. Although I have gotten breakouts all over, my forehead is it's clearest it's been. The pores on my cheeks are getting smaller and clearer. My nose has practically no problem areas anymore. The invisible pimples/clogged pores are subsiding dramatically. I am getting breakouts in those areas but my face looks radiant anyway."

Cheetos August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I began to have breakouts after the mastectomies...had to take hormonal pills. I tried so many things, went to dermotologist and tried stuff. What really worked was a skin regimen and taking a low does antibiotic (doxycycline) Then my daughter told me about Differin. I have been on this for almost 3 months. There has been some good clearing up, dry patches where the blemishes were. My face is very oily and so this didn't bother me. I never moisturize because of the oil..all of them make my skin break out even more. Expect to have some breakouts as you get used to this. I am almost down to the wire, things are clearing up slowly but surely. Medicare doesn't not cover lots of meds like this so OTC"

wirewizard (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Love this stuff!! I have been using it for a month and my skin is less oily and definitely starting to look clear. I am still in the purging phase. Keep sticking it out though. I still get breakouts during that time of the month, but they are not too bad. I occasionally get cycstic acne, I believe I only get them when I accidentally have gluten. Differin helps the breakouts for sure!"

Aq25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I used this acne gel before. First time by itself. It irritated my skin. My skin was red, dry and patchy. I stopped, thinking maybe this was like a reaction. To later find out, it takes a little while to get used to. But as for the second time, I used the whole range. The cleanser, the gel, and the moisturizer. Then I started to see the difference everyone has been raving about. It has been only 3 weeks, but my skin is softer and less patchier. My forehead acne has completely gone away. But my chin cystic acne is apparent. But it had definitely gotten smaller. However, this product made me break out like never before. Basically my whole face, became a white head central. But it is working. My acne marks, scars, acne are less apparent."

SorryNotSorry August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I tell ya. The differin gel I was prescribed at the dermatologist, worked great. But the differin gel that is now available in stores, like walmart. HORRIBLE. Not the same at all. Different color as well. 12 dollars down the drain."

Chuly (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Well I've only been using this face med for a few days and my skin burns and is super dry!!! I put it on at night go to bed and wash my face in the am and apply makeup but I can't wear makeup because as soon as I apply it my face burns very bad. What do I do? Had Anyone experienced this"

Anonymous July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I had really bad dark marks from acne scarring . My dermatologist perscribed me this and not only did it clear up my acne it cleared up my dark marks as well. My face is so clear and I can actually leave the house without make up and feel confident. :)"

Ambr'e July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I had to stop using this product very early on because it ruined my skin. It made my skin unbelievably dry, and made me breakout on my forehead worse than it had in 5 years. I also developed red blotches all over my face. Don't buy this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Patience, patience, patience! I have been using this product for 14 weeks. The first two months were awful. Had tiny little white heads ALL over my face. Add my cystic acne into the mix, and you can imagine how upset I was. I honestly felt like stopping this product, but decided that I'd tried it for 2 months and wanted my skin to get used to a routine. I AM SO GLAD I WAITED IT OUT! I currently only have one, YES ONE active pimple on my jawline. I have suffered from acne since I was 22. I'll be 27 in a few months so this is honestly a miracle for me. Don't give up, guys. It took me 14 weeks to finally see clear, beautiful skin again!"

Natashaishereeeeeee July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been using OTC Differin gel for a month or so and so far so good. I had been dealing with weird small white heads that were repeatedly erupting around my nose and upper cheeks which were leaving small holes :/ I could've sworn I had an overgrowth of the common demodex mite, that we all have, but since I take an immunosuppressant for my RA, it was getting out of control. I began putting a drop or two of tea tree oil in my cleanser ( Biore blemish fighting ice cleanser) and a pea sized amount of the Differin gel every night and I've noticed a huge difference. I barely get those whiteheads and it appears the holes are less noticeable. I also change my pillow case every other night but will continue with this regimen!"

Ellenajs (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Had my derma check up for my moderate acne on cheek and chin and she prescribed me this (Adapalene) Differin Gel 0.3. For the first week I saw a little improvement on my cheek as the tiny pimples somehow disappear. By the way I have some cystic acne on cheek and chin. For the following weeks as I saw the improvement, suddenly came the breakouts on my 4th month. Hoping this is the breakout I've read before the clearing process of the medication. Is anybody here that had the same situation before?"

Jhoanna23A June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This gel is amazing, if you didn't stick it out for a full 8 weeks with this, then you are missing out. This gel has a purge faze that lasted about 6 weeks for me with extremely dry flaky skin, then very oily breakouts worse that what I was trying to cure, but I bought the moisturizer which is a must and stuck it out. I put this on at night after the moisturizer, and wash it off in my morning shower. Do not leave this on your face and go out in the sun, it says so on the packaging and could cause chemical like burns. I absolutely love this product!"

Kendall15 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've only been on Differin for about 3 weeks now but I've been noticing huge improvements. I am going through an initial breakout but haven't experienced any burning or drying, not even the first few days. I use a cerave foaming cleanser, rinse, and immediately apply my moisturizer to my wet skin in the shower (to avoid water loss). I then apply aquaphor to the skin around my lips, nostrils, eyes. My dermatologist refers to this as preparing the orifaces (to avoid any irritation or dryness). I then dot the differin around my face and rub it in. In the morning, I wash my face with a 0.5% salicylic acid wash from Murad and apply a physical sunscreen (I use cerave's)"

Cwebs1101 June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "When I say nothing, I mean absolutely nothing helped my face to prevent breakouts and the scarring left behind until now. My mom bought this for me and with thin three days, yes three days, my face looked so good! It was only $15 too, Iv'e been to two dermatologists and whatever they prescribed me made my skin worst. Anything over the counter also made my skin worst over the years. Definitely worth a try and also no burning or irritation for me!"

Renee 1872 (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have been using Differin gel for about a week now and I can honestly say that this is THE BEST product that I have ever used for my face. I am 31 and I have had issues with breakouts since puberty. Within 3 days I noticed that my face was clearing up. Since this product is working so well for me I will have my 12 year old use it as well... I LOVE THIS STUFF"

One Happy Customer (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have been using differin for 15 weeks and this is the best my skin has looked in years. And I am excited that it'll keep getting better from here. The Initial breakout phase was terrible! So for anyone going through that now... keep going, there's a bright light at the end of the tunnel!! Antibiotics won't hurt too!!!"

GettingBetterEveryday June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "hi guys, I've been on differin gel exactly a month already, when I started using it my skin got worse, I had the initial breakout, and my acne are going away, but they're leaving some blemishes. I don't feel like it's going to get any better, I'm hoping to see good results in 3 months, but sometimes I kinda don't believe that it is ever going to happen, has anyone gone through DIFFERIN GEL for 3 months and had good results? I'm 19 and I had a acne treatment 3 years ago and I got rid of all acne but now it is back! Please someone tell me this is going to work. Lol"

Haeser May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "The first 2 days of using differen gel were a little rough. My skin was super dry and I had to keep caking on the moisturizer. I took a couple days off from use and then started back daily use with no problem. I just moisturizer every morning. My skin still isn't perfect but it at least dries up the lager cystic acne. I still get blackheads around nose and small "under the skin whiteheads" around my chin. But I don't exfoliate like I should so that's my own fault."

Hlg16 May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have been using the OTC differin since maybe Feb. It's been so long. Maybe about 3-4 months. Some spots like around my nose and forehead would get clear for like a day but then I keep having these massive breakouts. Really huge cystic acne on my forehead and the worse around my chin and jawline. It is much worse than when I started using this medication. I have always had hormonal acne. I'm 34 now. In teen/college years you name it I used it, except accutane. I had clear skin for about 8 months of my life. I was seeing a dermatologist and was on spiro and a retinoid. I moved states and trying to avoid the costly Dr visits but I give up, nothing OTC seems to help. After 3-4 months and now tons of scarring from it, this is back like college"

LLchick May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "The best product. I will recommend this. My advice is to have patience with it and your acne will disappear."

Mirela13 May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've only been using this for about 5 days and I can already see very clear results! It says to not expect anything till 2 weeks but with my skin it seemed to start working overnight because the next day it was already clearer and scars had faded a bit! Bearing in mind I have very very mild acne not very noticeable just wanted this cream to prevent from getting worse. Will keep you guys updated :) would definitely recommend this for oily skin with some blackheads and mild acne or moderate acne."

Amber T (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have hormonal acne and my skins not sensitive at all. I only used this for 1 week only every other day. this stuff seriously dried my face out so bad that not only did it dry my face out and make it burn and itch like crazy but it also gave me dermatitis. Absolutely the worst product ever!!!"

Should be illegal (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have been using differin for the last five months and have seen no difference"

urmomma April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I used Differin gel for almost 2 years on my face. I had moderate acne that no OTC medication helped and some prescription medications didn't help much either. Differin took about 2-3 weeks of daily use before I saw any change but about 2 months into the treatment my face was pretty much all clear with no pimples. It was amazing. My skin did get red and itchy during those first few weeks but my doctor said it was common and to keep using because my skin would get used to it. It did and it still keeps my skin the best it's ever looked. Also, it's now available over the counter at drug stores."

AshleyMarie2 April 17, 2017