User Reviews for Differin

Learn more about Differin.

Acne 114 reviews 536 medications

7.5
Summary of Differin reviews 114 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Differin

For Acne "The best product. I will recommend this. My advice is to have patience with it and your acne will disappear."

Mirela13 May 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've only been using this for about 5 days and I can already see very clear results! It says to not expect anything till 2 weeks but with my skin it seemed to start working overnight because the next day it was already clearer and scars had faded a bit! Bearing in mind I have very very mild acne not very noticeable just wanted this cream to prevent from getting worse. Will keep you guys updated :) would definitely recommend this for oily skin with some blackheads and mild acne or moderate acne."

Amber T (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have hormonal acne and my skins not sensitive at all. I only used this for 1 week only every other day. this stuff seriously dried my face out so bad that not only did it dry my face out and make it burn and itch like crazy but it also gave me dermatitis. Absolutely the worst product ever!!!"

Should be illegal (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have been using differin for the last five months and have seen no difference"

urmomma April 25, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I used Differin gel for almost 2 years on my face. I had moderate acne that no OTC medication helped and some prescription medications didn't help much either. Differin took about 2-3 weeks of daily use before I saw any change but about 2 months into the treatment my face was pretty much all clear with no pimples. It was amazing. My skin did get red and itchy during those first few weeks but my doctor said it was common and to keep using because my skin would get used to it. It did and it still keeps my skin the best it's ever looked. Also, it's now available over the counter at drug stores."

AshleyMarie2 April 17, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I will be 30 in 3 months and my skin is worse then it was when I was 16! What the hell! I find it interesting that everyone who really enjoyed this product, properly used this product. I was prescribed Differin when I was in my teens and it worked wonders! Now thats its OTC, I recently started using it again. I am at the 4 week point, so yes my face is breaking out. I remember when I first used it years ago the same thing happened and with patience my skin cleared up. I have already noticed a difference in my cheeks which seem to not be breaking out as bad. I am patiently waiting for this period of breakouts to come and go, so I can see those great results once more. I used Differin as a teen and loved it."

Whitls April 5, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have been using this gel for about 2 weeks now and have had nothing but positive results. I'm not exaggerating when I say this starting working on my skin immediately. I have been going through bad cystic acne breakouts and hormonal acne for the past two years now. Since I started using the differin, my breakouts are minimal with only one or two pimples but nothing like before. I was breaking out with 3-5 new pimples daily and the differin stopped that from happening immediately. I have extremely oily skin so the differin did not dry out my skin. I have also changed my face cleansing products and also changed my foundation at the same time. I would highly recommend this product for anyone who is at their wits end with adult acne."

Tiina46325 April 3, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have been using this product since it was made available without a prescription. If you are going to use it, be sure to read the instructions and warnings. This product has a period of time at the beginning of use that makes your acne worse and then clears it. I went through this process when I started taking Spironolactone, so I knew what to expect and I trusted that it would go away - it did. My skin looks and feels fantastic! I still get an occasional zit here at there - I'm pretty sure it's my fault as I'm a toucher/picker/popper. This is an easy product to add to your routine. Make sure to use it at night and wash off in the morning so you don't have to worry about sunburns. I highly recommend Differin."

26withadultacne (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Awesome! Best thing I ever used on my cystic acne. Bought OTC Differin about a month ago and I haven't had a cyst since, which is unheard of for me. For the first time in years my complexion is smoother, skin is clear, and pores look smaller. Some dryness and redness at first, but subsided. Love this stuff!"

Dba45 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "So I've been plagued my acne since I was 22. I'm now 25... I went to see a dermatologist eventually through my GP and she put together a treatment plan for me which after three months has pretty much cleared my acne... So I'm on 100mg Doxycycline (I've been on this for two years and it wasn't great but works well now as part of this plan)- I take this at night. I'm on Acnecide- this is really important to use when you're on Doxycycline as it stops you from becoming immune from the antibiotic. I apply this three times a week to areas with active spots. Then Differin gel or cream- I apply this every night to areas where there are no spots but where I'm prone to spots. Differin is to prevent breakouts Acneside is to treat them!"

Amygcad (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "This is a miracle in a tube! I had moderate to severe adult acne and would have breakouts on my cheeks, jawline, and chin that would leave dark marks for months. I have oily/sensitive skin. At first, the gel burned A LOT and I got a few more pimples, which are side effects of the product. But now after about a month, my skin is adjusting and looks better than it has in years! Little to no pimples and dark marks are fading! My Routine: Morning- Wash face in lukewarm water with Dove Exfoliating Soap, then apply Aveeno Clean Complexion moisturizer. Makeup - e.l.f. Blemish Control Primer and BB Cream Night- Same as morning routine, but add Differin gel after washing face with soap, and apply Aveeno moisturizer about an hour afterward if needed"

SD93 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've been using this product for 5 weeks now. Before this, I have mild acne on the forehead and cheeks. I went to dermatologist and the specialist prescribed me this product to apply on my entire face every night for 2 months. And after 1 week using this adapalene cream, my acne gets worse and worse. Pimples keep popping out everywhere on my face even on areas that have never had pimples before. I am still using it because it does says on the brochure that the product's effect may be seen after 8 weeks. I'm using Aiken Tea Tree Oil for my pimples so that they will 'shrink' and heal quickly. So for the time being, I'm just gonna bear with all the acne on my face and wait for miracles of Differin Adapalene cream to work."

Bella17890 March 29, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I used to have severely clogged pores as well as scarring from cysts but once I was prescribed this cream, it CLEARED EVERYTHING. When I first started using it, I found that it caused my skin to have extremely dry patches and they would flake up. It wasn't the worse thing in the world, but I would avoid talking to people close up. If you honestly want it to work, you need PATIENCE!!! The first 2 months, you'll notice just a lot of flaking of skin but after the 3rd month, my skin was clear and I had naturally clear complexion. I honestly never had such great confidence in my skin. I was able to stop wearing such heavy makeup foundation to cover up scars and moved onto bb creams or even nothing at all!! THE KEY IS PATIENCE!!!!!"

beethoven96 March 27, 2017

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "At the three month mark using the over the counter. I posted previously. I started out using once every three days and then went to every two days to make sure no issues, and eventually each day. Skin got very dry at first. I apply each evening about two hours before going to bed. In the AM I apply Benzoyl Peroxide and then Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with Sunscreen SPF 35. Wash and dry and re-apply as needed throughout the day. At the 9 or 10 week period had a serious outbreak after a calm period, but it cleared up. What works for me... When applying Differin use an ample amount and massage into areas where you need it most. My sun glasses were irritating my nose where the pads sit. Turned out I was not making sure moisturizer was being applied in that region of the nose. Same for around the eyes."

JoePot March 25, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I love seeing the 1 ⭐️ Ratings and reading about how the used the product incorrectly and blame the company for that. It says on the pamphlet to avoid UV's. You can't just blob it on and then go to the beach, it literally says not to do that. If it burns your face your using it more then once a day or your using it to much. Before you use a product as strong as this, please educate yourself on how to use it properly. This product will start to show results for most within a couple days if you just you a light coat once a day, at the same time, everyday. Be sure to read the box, it has a list of products that aren't compatible with this gel and make sure not to use those on your face or else it will burn worse then scolding water on your face."

Coleflesh March 22, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "This stuff is AWESOME. Admittedly it itched like fire for three days until I slacked off and used a good moisturizing cream. But my face is CLEAR for the first time in YEARS. I recommend Carmex to heal the dry flakes and Aveeno after that. If you have another breakout, go back to Differin. I can't recommend this stuff enough. It's worth it to itch and burn for a day or two; it's WORKING. Just deal with it. Thank you, makers of Differin!!! Screw makeup. I'm FREE."

Soquilii (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "It was freaking horrible I have a mild case of acne used this horrible acne gel and it burned my entire face I don't even want to walk out my house! When I step into my car with the heat its an excruciating pain that won't go away I would never recommend this product to anyone! I'm a very beautiful woman and my self-esteem has dropped dramatically! I cry myself to sleep since using this, I can't believe they really sell this in stores!!!! "

Morena Coronado12 March 16, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've tried several over the counter Acne medications and washes, home made applications and NOTHING seemed to work. I saw a commercial on Differin Gel and literally told myself, " sure, another acne med that claims to be effective " I figured, I might as well give it try considering I was beginning to accept my terrible acne. I saw results in a week or so and so did my family n friends. I am almost 2 months in and my face is practically clear, even the dark acne scars vanished. I highly recommend Differin Gel to Everyone that is suffering from mild to severe acne, I promise!! I always apply the gel after washing my face in the evening, applying the gel all over my face and jaw bone. Good luck!"

Jo04 March 14, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Horrible product!!! Flesh eating in a tube!!! Thanks a lot for making a mild problem MAJOR!!! I can't even start to explain what this did to my face! Here take my money and ruin my self-esteem!!!!!!"

Sissy1968 (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've always suffered with acne throughout my teenage years & adult life. I have PCOS & I had a full thyroidectomy due to thyroid cancer last year. I'm now 38. My hormones went crazy after surgery. I was breaking out terribly. I've tried every over the counter & natural treatment you could imagine. Nothing worked. I saw the commercial & was of course skeptical. I picked it up at target & started using it during my usual breakout time (week before my period) within a week it was cleared up! My acne scars are lighter as well. People at work are actually saying how good my skin looks! I wish I would've tried sooner. I use a very thin layer in common breakout areas. I also moisturize with coconut oil. Fantastic product!"

Thyroidmadness (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2017

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I',ve been using all 3of the products for a little over 3weeks my jawline is worst than ever....they say it could take up to 8weeks or more....I am 49 never had acne like rhis even as a teen..I truly believe if after 1 month and I don't see it getting better then THE PRODUCT IS NOT FOR ME AND WILL NOT WORK.7 days and I am returning the product...don't waste money on the so called previously by rx only product...back to toothpaste and spot treatment.."

Jai malone March 3, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've had acne when I was a teenager, it cleared up during my 20s then came back - with a vengeance - when I was 33. Differin gel and cream has been the BEST stuff I've used and I have used A LOT of different lotions and potions which have cost me a fortune over the years. I'm now 39 and still suffer breakouts but u keep a tube handy for them and it clears them up in a couple of days. I would say to ONLY put it on the papule or pustule and not on any clear skin around them. That's when it will make your skin flake and peel off! If you use on the spots ONLY it will work just fine. I'm also a beauty therapist and I recommend that some of my clients see their GP for it."

Grisabelle (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 28, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have only just started this product but I'm in love! I usually don't leave reviews but this felt necessary- DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE NORMAL SKIN OR LITTLE ACNE. This product is clearly meant for us more oily skin types, and I can honestly say it's worked like a dream. Yes, my skin has become a little more dry and sensitive, but that's to be expected. It cleared up my super bad breakout in about a week and now I'm working on getting rid of my blackheads and the scars. I definitely recommend this product, and be sure to moisturize when using!!"

Maddyoll (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I used differen when it first arrived on the market. I'm a black woman btw. stopped cause it was making my face peel. Maybe five years later the derm told me use it again along with doxy pills and it cleared my skin up without flaking this time. Every time I stop using it for a while I get acne again I'm 25 and I still get breakouts depending on what I'm eating( I love junk). I think I will stick with It and not go long without using it even for tiny pimples. Only had the flaking and burning the very first time using so my advice to newbies is to not use as much when U r just starting it. And take care of your Insides. Stay hydrated Your skin must get used to it for it to work. No more doxy only this gel. Skin is supple again!"

Buzzie (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 18, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "(A little background on my skin, I get a pimple here and there and overall have pretty normal skin) I saw a commercial for Differin and immediately went online to buy it, I thought that the product sounded great for the price! After I purchased it I started looking into side effects and reviews on the product. They were pretty mixed with some people saying they loved it and others saying they hated it but the main thoughts were that it might make your breakouts worse for a few months then get better, and it can make your skin dry and sensitive. Well let me tell you I used this product as directed for 3 nights in a row and it gave me a chemical type burn on my face, my skin is flaking off and I am using a TON on moisturizer to try to keep it as hydrated as I can, and it hurts to even touch my face. And I don't mean like when your skin is dry type of flaking off, I mean like worse sun burn in your life type of flaking off. I also have a pretty high pain tolerance and anytime I touched my face, took my makeup off, put makeup on, or used my moisturizer it felt like 10,000 needles stabbing me in my face while getting burned by a hot iron. I have now stopped using the product and two days later my skin is still the same; flaking, red, and hurting like no other. Do NOT use this product unless you are ready for some serious pain and skin damage."

cmf979 (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017