User Reviews for Differin

Learn more about Differin.

Acne 83 reviews 527 medications

7.5
Summary of Differin reviews 83 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Differin

For Acne "I started using differin 0.1% in November 2016, fast forward to January 2017 and I couldn't be happier! I'm 26 and have been battling with acne since I was around 13. I have tried all sorts of products and regimes and sometimes had success but it never lasted long. I had tried differin before but never stuck it out long enough to see its full benefits, this time I did and my skin is thanking me for it. I've kept my skin care regiment very simple. I use a very gentle cleanser in the morning then a benzyl peroxide 5% gel then a moisturiser on top. In the evening I use the same cleanser then the differin cream, I always allow it to soak in for at least an hour then follow up with my moisturiser. This cream takes time to work but be patient."

Mizy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2017

For Acne "Using the over the counter product for just a few weeks. Oily skin has always been a major problem. Seems to have knocked down excess skin oil big time. I apply early evening. I use it with Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with Sunscreen SPF 35. Been in the sun and no burning or dryness noted. Did the beach yesterday for about an hour, no problem. I first started using every third day after reading a number of postings. Thought I ease into it as some reported issues using daily right off the bat. No issues. Did notice dryness of the skin before using my moisturizer. Just went to every other day. The skin has calmed down and a few flare ups that were just not going away are clearing. End of the week I plan on daily use."

JoePot January 3, 2017

For Acne "I was prescribed Differin 3 weeks ago. Two days after getting the prescription I finally purchased the item and started treatment that night. Worst mistake ever. My skin is not sensitive at all, and I mean at all. I have literally put bleach on it and nothing has happened. Not only has using this item every other day (at bedtime) made my skin breakout, it has also: - made it extremely sensitive - caused chemical-like burns - blistered - made my oily/combo skin dry in some patches - caused my eyes (while I didn't even apply it here) get wrinkles and burn 24/7. I can't even apply creams/face masks that usually soothed my skin when it was irritated. Horrible product, should be made illegal."

Angered Abigail December 4, 2016

For Acne "DO NOT use differin. As a result of using this lotion I developed a horrible red rash on my neck and face. 2.5 months later I am still have to apply hydrocortisone cream twice a day to keep it at bay and can't use any nice foundation or makeup. I have read several other reviews where it has happened to people and spoken to other GP's who have said they wouldn't prescribe it. IT IS NOT WORTH IT! Try anything else, but don't use this product."

Laura DB (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2016

For Acne "I went on this the beginning of September. My skin had always been generally clear except for one or two pimples that would be in between my eyebrows and a small pimple that'd be on my nose or forehead. It was the same recurring pimples in the same places, and so the doctor prescribed me this. For the first week, I didn't see any improvement. Th e second week, the in between pimples came back and I could see forehead acne growing. I knew it gets worse before better, so I waited. By the end of October, I saw no improvement. I don't know what I did wrong, but my forehead was filled with pimples(whiteheads). Now, nearing December, not only have those pimples not gone away, but they are spreading and my in between eyebrow acne is back."

Sarah Wacom November 29, 2016

For Acne "I have had a horrible experience with this cream. my face is so painfully dry even in the spots I didn't put the cream. my eyes, the crease under my lip, my nose and the corners of my lips are so dry there is now even blisters developing. It hurts to put anything on besides coconut oil but that's not helping and I am at a loss."

kathrynmacd November 8, 2016

For Acne "I had too many pimples all over my face. They were little ones, and black heads as well. I live in one of the hottest countries in the world where the sun is available throughout the year. Sandstorms occur often which made dirts stick to my face and produce more pimples. I went to the dermatologist he prescribed Differin 0.1 and Bepantene (whatever how it spells). I've been using differin since August nightly before I sleep. Now in November I literally have zero pimples in my face and the redness is gone. I'm really satisfied. Literally all you need in patience for results. Bepantene was prescribed for me for the scars and as a moisturiser, since differin drys the face (just a little). Even tho I don't have ac I highly recommend it."

Kabdalaziz (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2016

For Acne "Started differin almost 2 months ago. I had some cystic on the chin and some pimples on the cheeks before starting differin (i.e, mild acne). 3 weeks after starting differin, I started to get a bunch of whiteheads on one side of my cheek. It wasn't that noticeable until 1-2 weeks (4-5 weeks in) that the whiteheads became incredibly noticeable - very raised, incredibly itchy. The whiteheads eventually became pimples, meaning that I had 5-6 pimples in this little patch. Worst acne I have ever had (I am assuming this is the initial breakout period). 8 weeks on differin now, and that one side and spot of my cheek that had all those whiteheads has cleared up >50%. Can't wait to see what happens in the next 2 weeks! Hopefully acne free!"

Tee2346 October 22, 2016

For Acne "This cream has been amazing for me. At first I wasn't seeing anything good except more spots, and sore skin. My boyfriend said why am I using cream to make me look worse. But I knew you had to stick at it. I got frustrated so I applied peroxide as well which was great to rid the spots fast but meant my skin all flaked off. That was horible at the time but got rid of every scar and blemish. Like a chemical peel I guess. Then 2 months in I really noticed the difference. Now about 4 months in and for about 2 months now I have had skin I had wished for for years. Clear, and no marks and can leave without make up. I honestly wish this was over the counter and don't get why it isn't because it would help so many more people who dont go to the gp"

Loopylou124 October 16, 2016

For Acne "This gel has been horrific for my skin. As a result of taking it I have come up with an allergic reaction on my neck and around my eyes which is so painful, itchy and red. I really wouldn't recommend trying it unless you are really desperate. I have read a lot of other reviews where people said this happened to them too - but the GP never informed me of the potential side effects."

Laura DB October 12, 2016

For Acne "I really wanted to believe that this would get rid of my acne, but unfortunately it hasn't. I was prescribed the creme about three or four months ago and have been applying this to my face every night, but it hasn't really helped clear my acne nor my acne scars. The first month it seemed to clear up my skin a tiny bit, but not significantly. After that, my skin returned to the same state as before I started Differin - maybe even worse. I'm so bummed, I just need a miracle to make me feel good about myself again ... Can't even look in the mirror without feeling disgust."

Lisa Yan October 8, 2016

For Acne "Struggled with acne for years, and this has honestly been a miracle worker. I've tried many different treatments (different strengths of benzoyl peroxide, oxytetracycline and limecycline) and I decided to use Differin before trying BC or accutane, and I'm so glad I did! The first week was tough, because my skin peeled rather a lot and felt extremely dry. However, I didn't experience any "purging", and the dryness was easily solved with a light moisturiser. After about 2 weeks, my skin was significantly clearer, and was no where near as dry as before. The gel has been the best treatment I've used by far, and I strongly encourage you to persevere with it as it's a game changer! My skin is now really clear and I have so much more confidence!"

mary76549 September 25, 2016

For Acne "I've had a great experience with Differin gel. I was prescribed Differin for acne that got worse as an adult. When I was 31, the acne was so severe that I felt like a teenager. The first week was hard. My skin was very dry to the point where flakes would fall off when I touched my face. I used moisturizer in the morning, and would still flake all day. After about a week, the dryness completely went away. I've been using this product for a few weeks now and have seen a HUGE difference in my skin. My acne is clearing up, and my skin has a smoothness that it has never had before. My skin is combination/oily, and it feels a little oilier now. I'm okay with that - with the smoothness of my skin, it looks dewy and clear."

Kittymeowxcore (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2016

For Acne "This has worked wonders! A little rough for the first couple months, but even then my cystic acne lessened and the pimples I did have were raised and easy to get rid of. Stick it out for 3-4 months and you'll see!"

Kristin0823 August 12, 2016

For Acne "great product no acne or wrinkles"

.....;/:33):2);3)(:!!?!$6 July 13, 2016

For Acne "I've had acne problems since the 4th grade and have since tried tretinoin, benzaclin and dalacin T which did not help me very much. I gave up prescriptions for the last 5 years using OTC benzoyl peroxide when I suddenly had the WORST breakout of my life (I think from stress) with cystic acne. Family doctor gave me Differin XP gel. I've been using it for 1 month and my acne has dramatically cleared up. I did not purge at all (maybe got 3-5 small pimples) and I peeled once while swimming outside. I was also prescribed 333mg erythromycin tab by a dermatologist but did not take it yet as it seems differin has already cleared me up. I did skip a few days and used 4 dot sized amounts instead of the recommended "pea-size.""

Roooo June 28, 2016

For Acne "I've always had acne, ever since puberty started!! I broke out really badly at the start of this year probably because I went on a "TRY EVERYTHING" rampage and destroyed my own skin:( but yea it was one of the lowest points for me in terms of my self-esteem and confidence. I really hated looking at myself and I was so depressed. Anyway I was prescribed Differin by my dermatologist. Alas, after many painful months of breaking out, my skin slowly but surely cleared up. I would say, the initial months were VERY TOUGH but don't give up! BE PATIENT and you will see your skin transform! Give if at least 3 months"

megsie June 24, 2016

For Acne "I've had moderate acne for about 6 months, and upon being persrcibed this my skin has improved dramatically in just 2 and a half weeks! Spots are drying up within a couple of days - I am so impressed by this! My sister had the same experience - I dont know if our skin type just works with this cream but it has been AMAZING"

MeganF98 June 19, 2016

For Acne "I'm on week 2 almost week three. My face didn't dry up like my doctor said it would. But I did however get easily sunburnt and I have THE worst break out I think I've ever had since starting on it. I want to hide my face in a brown paper bag. My chin is literally swollen from the amount of breakouts this stupid cream has given me. I'm not impressed one bit."

Unhappy 101 April 22, 2016

For Acne "I have suffered from mild to moderate acne for almost the past 10 years and for the past few years it has been quite moderate and under control- not perfect but not terrible by any means. However, I went on Yasmin BC and within 4 days I was experiencing the worst breakout of my life. My right cheek, whole chin and jaw line was just awful. I got prescribed differin ASAP and for the past week I have been combining with coconut oil when I apply at night to 'water it down' so to speak. My blemishes are fading SO quick! Ive had a few new ones, an IB I imagine, but they are going as quick as they come. I am really happy and can't recommend enough. This is differin cream and not gel. I have tried duac in the past and it wasnt even close!!!"

alice7789 (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016

For Acne "acne has been a problem for me since 8th grade & I started using Differin my first day of senior year (major mistake due to it making your skin "purge" the first couple of days//weeks" by the end of October my skin was mostly clear & by the beginning of December my face was completely clear except for the occasional pimple every once in a blue moon. At the beginning it would make my skin burn especially during sports. It's sensitive to sun to defenitely use sunscreen when you're out. All around miracle medicine."

k:)) March 5, 2016

For Acne "I've struggled with acne for YEARS and my doctor prescribed Differin to help with my face. I've been using it for maybe 2 and a half weeks at this point so I know it's really early to post a review. Everything I've read about the product has been that it changes nothing for the first couple months but I've been using a Tea Tree Facial cleanser before the Differin cream & it has made a WORLD of difference ! So if you don't see much of a chance try a tea tree product. I got mine from the body shop."

Cassietitan (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

For Acne "2 weeks into the treatment, first week was awful, burning redness peeling more pimples. Slowly improved I'm feeling a lot better still a little bit of peeling and dry skin and a pimple here and there but it doesn't burn anymore. They say 8 weeks others 3 months to see results so although it's too early to say that differin won the battle I have to say that I'm satisfied. Also I use Clinique bar soap in the morning, Clinique acne cream, and tonic. And at night just st Ives scrub and differin. I wear my regular make up revlon but I want to switch to Clinique. It doesn't hold all day my skin starts to get itchy in the evening. Just be patient!"

Barbarapsi26 February 26, 2016

For Acne "I've been using Differin 0.1 for years now (over 10 years) and swear by it. It keeps big cytic acne from breakout too badly / clears up blemishes and marks fast and most importantly prevents from them occuring in the first place. I have also read its anti-aging... I'm 33 now and people think I'm 26."

Sejal82 February 21, 2016

For Acne "This stuff is horrible Doctor prescribed it because I was getting eczema next to my chin and a few break outs And now my face is on fire is burning, itching, peeling, scabbing and all and it's made my face 100 times worse Worst experience ever I don't want to leave the house this is ridiculous Don't buy it."

Kp1345 (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2016