User Reviews for Triumeq to treat HIV Infection (Page 4)

Triumeq has an average rating of 8.4 out of 10 from a total of 97 ratings for the treatment of HIV Infection. 75% of those users who reviewed Triumeq reported a positive effect, while 7% reported a negative effect.

Triumeq Rating Summary

8.4/10 average rating

Compare all 121 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

Reviews for Triumeq

ExiledBrit · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2017

“Infected HIV in February, diagnosed March through my own choice/fear/indecision started Triumeq 2 weeks ago. I have had a very positive experience so far. I have had minor side effects, slight headaches, a little dizzy spell, what feels like mucus on chest but nothing frightening apart from the one dizzy spell. I do feel better overall than I did, no more sore throat and I feel like I have more energy, though I am tired in the evenings and I sleep well. I feel my appetite has increased so am being conscious to exercise every day. I take the Triumeq pill in the morning half way through breakfast, I eat oat porridge for breakfast, eat half and then swallow Triumeq with a large glass of water, then finish porridge. No nausea/indigestion.”

Torontoguy · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2016

“Was infected back in October 2015. Started TRIUMEQ 25 days ago. First 5 days were unbearable hated every minute of it until I changed my time taking the pill to nighttime. So far 20 days later no side effects anymore used to get headaches, joint pain, muscle pain. Diagnosed with VL of 10,000 and CD4 of 562. Will update once I get my monthly result next week. Trillium Drug Benefit covers most of out of pocket and my families insurance covers the rest. I only pay around 450$ a year.”

Tom80 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 13, 2019

“Triumeq is a good treatment, no side effect except for appendicitis which was a few months after start taking the tablet. I got appendicitis and there have been a few similar cases. Apart from this no other sides effects first treatment, and year next month , undetectable after 2 months start taking”

Stay-positive January 30, 2018

“I was diagnosed December 2018 this is my first day taking the medication. I’m gonna update my phone progress. A little scared as I'm 3 months pregnant and don’t want my unborn to contract the virus.”

Eriii76 December 12, 2017

“I have been on Triumeq for over a year now and my viral load went from hundreds of thousands to undetectable. My immune system went from 300 to almost 600 now. I did have appendicitis and had to remove my appendix since beginning this regimen but don't know if its related. I am obese weight at 230lbs an triglycerides are now high and blood pressure too. I'm trying to lower these through change of diet and exercise. Have been experiencing burning sensations in my right big toe and foot pain periodically. Don't know if related to the drug. Cutting back on processed meats and red meats now hence they cause more inflammation. This helps tremendously as well as cardio exercise and plenty of water cutting out sodas now too.”

Newest · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2017

“I discovered my new status in July 2017 VL 94K and CD4 126. After 4 weeks I had blood work again and I got an awesome results VL 85 and CD4 360. Hopefully I will be undetectable in my next check. I haven't gotten any symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headaches etc. This medicine has been working greatly into my body.”

Shanks · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 11, 2018

“I was diagnosed in February of 2016. My viral load was 180,000 and my cell count was 157. I had not been sick, but I feel I was on the verge. I had experienced some trouble with thrush, but that was the worst at that point. My doctor started me on Triumeq within a week of my diagnosis. I had absolutely no side effect other than my face itching! It was strange. My doc seemed to think it might have been my immune system revving up and doing a number on my Rosacea. It is better, by the way. Within four months I was basically undetectable at 95 na d my viral load down to 375. At last check in October of '17, I was completely undetectable and my cell count up to 567. I am so very pleased. Other than the face itching, which has long since stopped, I have had not a single side effect. I do wish my cell count would go up faster, but I am so thankful that I have no side effects that I can't bring myself to complain!”

Abdoul · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 23, 2016

“I was on Triumeq since Sept 2016 . Everything was fine, till I developed type two diabetes and doctor said one of the component of the medication can increase the blood glucose in your body. So now have switch me to Genvoya.”

Allenblack_97 February 10, 2018

“I found out October 2nd that I was HIV positive. Felt so unhealthy and caught it so fast. Losing weight, loss of appetite, having a really hard time sleeping when you’d always get those heat flash or waking up so hot. It was horrible in my experience. It took me a month to get this medication which is triumeq. The first medication my doctor had told me about and said it was the best one out there. I couldn’t agree more. I’ve been one this medication going on 3 months now and my counts went from 150/500 to over 240/500 within a month. I’m doing way better. I’m way healthier. Even though I don’t like the tiredness and a frequently headache. But I’m telling you this medication works really great. I’ve never felt so much better and felt so much changed since I’ve been on triumeq. I should be undetectable by my next appointment I go to in a month. I couldn’t be more grateful for this medication that could help us all through this situation.”

Scotty25 February 11, 2017

“Diagnosed 5 years ago been on truvada and isentress with no problems at all!! Doctor wanted to switch me to this because it's a lot easier (1 pill once a day). Been on this for the past week and have had horrible side effects. Dizzy, no sleep, nauseous, and body/ joint pain. Switching back to my old medication tomorrow. Goodbye triumeq!!!”

User73937292 January 28, 2018

“I was diagnosed December 2016 with a high viral load (I don’t remember exact numbers anymore) and a cd4 count of 201. I went on Triumeq the day my diagnosis was confirmed. The first 4 weeks on this were absolutely terrible. I could not sleep, had crazy mood swings and was overall not enjoying anything. (Perhaps it also had to do with the news of this life changing diagnosis) but at my 1 month check up I was undetectable and my cd4 had doubled to 440 making all the sleepless nights completely worth it. A year later I have continued to be undetectable and have little side effects. Sometimes my foot goes numb, and my arms and legs fall asleep easily. I do occasionally have night terrors and very vivid dreams, but as a horror movie buff they don’t bother me. In my opinion this medication is amazing and one of the best out there.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 3, 2017

“Was diagnosed in 2002, but started taking truvada and isentress in 2010 before being put on triumeq. CD4 count was 700 and VL was undetectable. My doctor switched me over and boy the side effects are horrible. I had stomach aches every day but as I take this medicine they go away. I'm still undetectable but I want my CD4 count to rise in the 1000's. I love that it is only one pill a day. I will get checked again in August to see the progress. My numbers have never dropped. Will post in August.”

APJM February 9, 2017

“My physician put me on Triumeq about 12 months ago. I had been on other anti-viral medications that were not effective in controlling viral load, and CD 4 counts. I began taking Triumeq and no side effects whatsoever, with the exception of mild fatique. I also have type 2 diabetes & cardio vascular disease. I am 65 years old, and enjoy a healthy life style, thanks to this medication. I strongly urge anyone to discuss this option with their health professional.”

Zippyzap · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 29, 2017

“This medicine worked very well for me within a month of taking it I became undetectable!! I had no major side effects. I do however get head aches every once and awhile but nothing I can't deal with.I currently crush mine and put it in yogurt so I'm still getting used to the taste...yuck..but its not that bad.”

Darpo · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 21, 2017

“Newly diagnosed and Triumeq is the only medication I've ever experienced. Just got results after taking it for 6 weeks. CD4 is just over 1,000. That's up from 764. My viral load is down from 33K to 26K. So far so good. I'm hoping to be undetectable in 3-4 months like I been reading in people's comments. I've had no apparent side effects until very recently I seem to have some jaw tightening and stiffness. But no headaches and I sleep well. I also been really gassy and I MUST EAT when I take it. But I'm a happy camper overall.”

Jas87 · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2017

“I was diagnosed in Oct 16 didn't start treatment until Jan 17, take it at night time, do have disturbed sleep but nothing and afternoon nap can't catch you back up with. It says you can have with it or without food -I found having empty stomach made me feel sick but was too late once you took it as couldn't eat anything after from feeling ill. Not sure about how effective it is and not had a check up”

JZ · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 8, 2021

“I took Triumeq for about a year and I didn't have any side effects for the first six months. I started getting dizzy spells, felt super emotional for no reason, very sore around my eyes constantly which felt like I had been punched, and the worst was extreme fatigue no matter how long I slept. I switched to Odefsey and feel much better but I gained a little weight and my hair is thinning and breaking now.”

Anonymous April 5, 2021

“Been positive 34 years, doing fine but decided to change to tthe 1 pill a day instead of 5. This drug may work for some but NOT FOR ME ! have issues with depression and anxiety and were amplified 100x on this drug. Blood pressure went sky high, headaches, swollen eyes, couldn't eat or sleep. Couldn't function. Went back to original meds, Kaletra and Truvada. Feeling better. They can keep their 1 pill a day!!”

NURSEVAMP August 13, 2016

“its been 11 days since i started triumeq.....word of advice:..u MUST eat & eat well with this med(3 square meals...) & drink PLENTY of water!!!”

Djpeace August 31, 2016

“This medication is potent with minimal side effects. Went from 100,000 viral load to 80 in 3 weeks and now I'm undetectable at month 4 and my cd4 have increased from 333 to 599.”

Anonymous October 9, 2018

“Started this about 10 months ago and I haven't had any side effects or trouble with sleeping, I am very thankful for this medicine and pray it keeps me happy and healthy forever!”

Wonderfully happy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 18, 2016

“Triumeq is a great combination pill. No side effect, no problem taking it. I hope the long term impact on the liver and the body in general is acceptable.”

Patze July 17, 2015

“I went from a virus load of 70.000 to 0 within only 3 week. I recognize no side effects.”

Joseph Mama October 3, 2015

“Great results. T cells up Viral load down Diarrhea is the only real side effect for me, perhaps some depression but I've also been going through a lot.”

lars1275 March 23, 2016

“Triumeq is working as an HIV medication - but I am gaining weight.”