User Reviews for Triumeq to treat HIV Infection (Page 3)

Triumeq has an average rating of 8.4 out of 10 from a total of 97 ratings for the treatment of HIV Infection. 75% of those users who reviewed Triumeq reported a positive effect, while 7% reported a negative effect.

Triumeq Rating Summary

8.4/10 average rating

Compare all 121 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

Reviews for Triumeq

Billy · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2018

“I had postponed treatment for around 7 years but now have started. In my recent test my numbers were low (290 CD4) and my VL was about 16k. This medication is amazing. So far I had no side effect whatsoever and I think a large part of the negative feedback people share could be shaped by their own apprehensions and worries. Best of all it's easy to take. I am undetectable 4 weeks into treatment. I also feel that I have better energy and my constant worry about what the virus is doing to my body seems to have subsided for now. Highly recommend”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 19, 2015

“I had been on Kaletra & Epzicom for years, then Isentress & Epzicom for about 2 years. Always undetectable, Tcells 800 to 900 range. I started Triumeq and my Tcell count bounced up to 1100. I've had some 'side effects' listed, but I don't attribute them to this medication as I've had them before I went on Triumeq. Since prior medications had similar side effects (insomnia), they may have either transferred or more likely they are not related.”

Joe in Colorado · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 1, 2017

“I was diagnosed in January 2011. My own immune system was able to manage my HIV for a couple years, but my health started to fail in 2013. I started with Atripla, and I'm still recovering from the extremely vivid nightmares I experienced. I switched to a couple different combinations of drugs, but I couldn't adhere to the dosing schedules. Triumeq has been a godsend. One pill a day, and no nightmares. The only side effects I've experienced are upset stomach, weakness, and headaches. I had one very bad spell where I nearly lost control of my motor functions and I fell in the bathroom and couldn't get back up for a short period of time. Otherwise, my CD count has been stable at ~800, and I've been undetectable since 2013.”

Jjsurf October 28, 2017

“Had horrible sleep problems two weeks after , and then a few weeks later started getting rash. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone trust me, you do not sleep while on this drug. I switched to epivir and tivicay and have had NO issues at all.”

Abraxas · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2019

“I found out that I'm HIV positive on March 2019. Since my CD4 was at 67 Cells, and my VL at 42.000, my Doc started immediately with Triumeq. After a Month, I was undetectable. I don't know, how my CD4 has risen, but I have nearly no side effects. I take it in the morning, and I feel a bit of fatigue, but nothing else. I'm paying 10 Euro per 30 tablets, my insurance covers.”

Bailey · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 22, 2018

“I have had HIV since 2008. On my first medicine which was Atripla I could not sleep, I had headaches and crazy dreams. Dr. prescribed me Triumeq which I have no side effects from. My only problem now is the cost of Triumeq I will be going on Medicare Part D in January 2019 my cost will be about $700.00 per month. I'll be broke in about four years.”

Newdude · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2017

“Was diagnosed 8/12/17, began treatment 9/25. I was super pumped. Initially had a slight rash and my thumb didn’t work, got too stiff to move two times for like a minute. Second day I felt great. High energy. Stayed up late. Yesterday I felt like butt all day. Sore. Stomach hurt. Especially when I swallowed food or drink. Today wasn’t a whole lot better. At least yesterday I could eat. I’ve taken 7 Advil over quite a long and now I can feel the crappiness coming back on. Called my ID specialist and she told me to stop taking it and come in tomorrow morning. I’m disappointed. But I gotta get healthy. My Cd4 counts are 9 and viral load is is 181,000. I just want to get better.”

Imi March 28, 2016

“I found out 6 years ago, I was positive and found out at early stage, maybe 3/4 months after catching the virus. I ignored the situation and my immune system was doing well. I only went to the hospital every 2 years just to know what stage the virus was at. In Feb 2010 I was diagnosed vl-1112 and cd4-455. In Oct 2015 with no treatment vl-3400 and cd4-425. Now iv decided to start taking the medication in Dec 2015, cos I was worried about the strain on my immune system and the cuts in government in general. Now I've been taking triumeq (the only treatment IV been on) and at the beginning I had insomnia. My results as of last week are now vl-less than 40 and cd4-570.”

Lazypuentes · Taken for less than 1 month June 12, 2017

“I was born with HIV my birth mother transfer it & had it all my life. Never taken medicine my immune system dropped drastically I got a thrush in my mouth and my skin started to break out really bad. I've been on triumeq for 3 days and I must say I think I'm only taking this medicine with food. Geez the nausea has been tough and a Lil lost of appetite I did have to use antifungals as well due to the thrush but hoping it does gets better. I'm excited for this journey, it's encouraging to read other stories... ”

hiv · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 2, 2016

“I have had HIV since Nov.2002 I was taking Viread and Triziver and my Doctor decided to put me on Triumeq back in July 2015 I have been having almost all the side affects, I wish I have never started taking this and just stayed on my old meds because they were doing great for me!”

Halicn December 24, 2015

“I was diagnosed in 2007 and had since never had a viral load over 500, the last 3 years no viral loads over 100.. So this is my first time on treatment since being infected. I started taking Triumeq as I wanted to prevent further damage to my immune system. So far it's been great, no serious side effects. And one month after taking my viral load was undetectable. My only complaint is the cost... Which quickly took care of my out of pocket maximum.”

Live for the day September 10, 2016

“Ok I was on Atripla for years it works but with bad nightmares and not feeling rested- switched to Complara loved it- no side effects felt great. Nurse Practitioner said after a couple years it was building toxicity in my kidneys.. Not sure if that was true but we switch to Odefsy - almost immediately started having toxicity side effects.. Nurse blew off my concerns and complaints of pain, headache , dizzy, tired, no concentration etc So I got rid of her and went to a doctor now I'm trying Triumeq.. It's ok I think I'm adjusting to it, initially it made me tired, I do sleep later now and am a bit slower getting going in the morning which I don't like.. I do feel a bit hot at night after taking it.. again I think I'm adjusting may take in AM”

ukhivanon · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 25, 2016

“I have been on triumeq for over 3 months now with little or if any side effects I was diagnosed with HIV in October 2013 my body was doing ok with the virus my cd4 count was around 500 but a high viral load for the first 2 years of infection I decided in October 2015 to start medication I was told by my doctor it would either be atripla or triumeq being in the UK where our nhs provides a free wonderful service I was hoping for triumeq given the lesser side effects and was worried about atripla which is a more regimented medication having told my doctor sometimes I work nights meant that atripla was ruled out as it should be taken before sleeping due to possible side effects so I was prescribed triumeq ”

Chicago IL January 12, 2016

“I have been taking Triumeq for about 9years, after taking Complera for about 2 years. My doctor decided to switch me on Triumeq due to concerns that Complera was issues with my kidneys, though not serious. There has been no side effect concerning the Complera medication. I am monitoring my GFR (kidney) lab and there are some improvement in numbers. Thus far my viral load in <40 undetectable and my CD4 count is 425 highest I ever recall. Thus far, I can share that the drug is success according to my treatment.”

Regular guy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2017

“I switched to this med because my last med put me in a horrible fog (Atripla) . Triumeq is working for me but it gives me pretty bad body aches especially in my lower back where my kidney area is and around my under arms. If I have an alternative I will switch. It makes me feel pretty crappy”

Luke73 · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 27, 2018

“I have been HIV positive for 14 years. At first I was on Atripla. It kept me undetectable and a high CD4 (between 600-900). The main side effect that I had was very vivid, disturbing dreams. So my doctor decided to switch me to Triumeq 4 years ago. I love it. Same high CD4 and undetectable. And I experience no side effects whatsoever. Very thankful for this drug.”

JJay · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 18, 2015

“I have been taking Triumeq for eight months. It's the only one I have taken so far for HIV so I can't really compare it to other treatments but March 6th 2015 my CD4 was 300 and my Viral load was 33.000.000. Today my CD4 is 890 and my Viral load is undetectable. I throw up, maybe, three times a week. I always, always feel tired. My depression is also worse, but my Dr didn't tell me it didn't mix well with two other pills I take for mental illness. I can't sleep most nights and I'm always out of breath.”

Contributor2017 · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2017

“Diagnosed back in 2008. Have been on Atripla for about 10 years and just switched to Triumeq this week. No major side effects whatsoever and best of all I love waking up not feeling groggy or drowsy; also no weird crazy dreams! So far any side effects have been extremely minimal to none. I look forward to this new medication which is reported to be less toxic and based on my own experience would recommend you consider making the switch.”

Alex UK · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 28, 2017

“I was diagnosed in Feb 2014. My doctor did some sort of genes/DNA test to see which drug was compatible for my body. Triumeq was the best option suited for me. Must admit. At first. It was hard. The first month was as expected. Feeling sick and nausea. Felt like I had to eat when I took my pill. But once into the 2nd month. Things improved. The longer time went on. The less I felt any side affects. It took me 4 months to be undetected. By this time I felt myself again. Now. In 2017. I can take it my meds with or without food. At any time. Sometimes I will take my meds with wine or on a complete empty stomach and feel nothing. I can still take my meds and have no side effect”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2016

“I have only been on it for 3 days now after being on Atripla for 7 months, I was switched because I also have Hep C and the treatment for that does not coincide with Atripla; These first few days have been kinda tough and go with stomach pain and nausea, I'm putting up with it, my body getting used to the switch of meds and hope in a couple days those feelings go away. No problems with sleeping or anything else. The cost is high but with copay card and insurance there is no out of pocket expense.”

Hazzatron February 9, 2018

“I was diagnosed a few days before Christmas in 2017. I was going to be put on Atripla but after hearing horror stories I asked for an alternative, after a quick blood test for a gene I was put on Triumeq and after a matter of weeks my viral load went from the hundreds-of-thousands to undetectable and my CD4 has risen ever since, I’m now at 555. I wasn’t sure if I was prescribed Triumeq or a horse tranquilliser at first but even though they are quite big it’s still easier to swallow than some paracetamols. Overall I would rate this 10/10 and the side-effects seem to be nonexistent! I know everyone is different but I do strongly suggest to anyone who is unhappy with their current medications to ask about Triumeq because for me, it’s working wonders!”

PR036952 · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2016

“I was having horrible headaches. It took me a week to figure it out but it appears that peanuts are have a negative reaction to these meds. It took a day of not eating peanuts now headaches are long gone.”

NICK 20 November 25, 2016

“Wow been on this drug over one week, trust me you do not sleep, at night, tired very very stressed and frightful thaught's nervous, cannot focus, if you have any mild type of stress do not take this drug, as I CAN SAY it might be 1 a day drug, but you will end up taking more drugs like pain killers more drugs for stress, and for me NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I USE THIS DRUG, 0/10”

PNNN · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2017

“I tested positive for HIV in January this year and started treatment with Triumeq at the end of February with CD4 < 150 and VL 66,000. On 26 March I had bloodwork again, with CD4 = 415 and VL < 40. I think the results speak for themselves, this drug is like a nuke. Zero side effects except for general malaise and fatigue during the first couple of days - which I however attribute to Immune Reconstitution Syndrome. Unless you are hypersensitive to abacavir, I believe there is scarcely anything better on the market at the moment.”

Stephen M · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 29, 2016

“My big concern with this drug has been a drastic decrease in my level of energy and occasional nausea. Had been on stribild but started messing up my kidney labs. I had my Zoloft and lamictal increased to help with my mood but no improvement yet”