User Reviews for Triumeq

Learn more about Triumeq.

HIV Infection 55 reviews 72 medications

8.7
Summary of Triumeq reviews 55 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Triumeq

For HIV Infection "I was having horrible headaches. It took me a week to figure it out but it appears that peanuts are have a negative reaction to these meds. It took a day of not eating peanuts now headaches are long gone."

PR036952 (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2016

For HIV Infection "Wow been on this drug over one week, trust me you do not sleep, at night, tired very very stressed and frightful thaught's nervous, cannot focus, if you have any mild type of stress do not take this drug, as I CAN SAY it might be 1 a day drug, but you will end up taking more drugs like pain killers more drugs for stress, and for me NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I USE THIS DRUG, 0/10"

NICK 20 November 25, 2016

For HIV Infection "I was the first reviewer back in Oct 2014 and did an annual review last year. I've now been in triumeq for 2 years after 2 years in atripla. Back in 2014, I had been waiting for trial to be released after reading all the great trial results with minimal side effects. After 2 years, triumeq remains awesome. I have no side effects and have maintained an undetectable VL for 4 straight years. HIV has not slowed me down a bit thanks to this great medication (I'm a competitive athlete). I was worried at first about cardiovascular issues. I've run countless races, including a iron man distance, while in this drug. I'm extremely happy with this med."

2nd Follow-up from 1st post October 31, 2016

For HIV Infection "Started treatment in July 2016 after being diagnosed. Went from a viral load of 75,000 to undetectable in 4 months."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2016

For HIV Infection "Handable headaches at first but disappeared after a few weeks. Went from 33.000 to < 20 within a month."

pablodiscobar (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2016

For HIV Infection "After taking complera for 5 years, switched to triumec a lil over a month ago. Right after the first month, Viral load undetectable and T-cell count unknown. Doctor did not check my T- cell count; i did not like that. The side effects are terrible, my heart beat fast, red face, high irritability, jaw stiffness/pain, aweful headache, insomnia. In general feeling highly intoxicated. Can't deal with it."

Mr.Tropical October 7, 2016

For HIV Infection "No side effects. Reached undetectable in less than 3 months (never been treated for HIV / new ART treatment)."

Dave in AZ September 26, 2016

For HIV Infection "Ok I was on Atripla for years it works but with bad nightmares and not feeling rested- switched to Complara loved it- no side effects felt great. Nurse Practitioner said after a couple years it was building toxicity in my kidneys.. Not sure if that was true but we switch to Odefsy - almost immediately started having toxicity side effects.. Nurse blew off my concerns and complaints of pain, headache , dizzy, tired, no concentration etc So I got rid of her and went to a doctor now I'm trying Triumeq.. It's ok I think I'm adjusting to it, initially it made me tired, I do sleep later now and am a bit slower getting going in the morning which I don't like.. I do feel a bit hot at night after taking it.. again I think I'm adjusting may take in AM"

Live for the day September 10, 2016

For HIV Infection "I started taking Triumeq almost two years after my diagnosis, I gave the drug a 9/10, as Ive never taken another. I started on the medicine after months of being sick and immunity loss. My viral load was rising and my cd4 was falling fast due to lifestyle choices. Getting on this medicine was a hard decision, but one I would make again, and this time I'd do it sooner. Within no time I was undetectable and my immunity doubled. My Dr told me it wouldn't work as quick as it did, so we were both pleasantly surprised on my numbers. It has now been a year, still undetectable and now 9 months pregnant with a healthy baby boy. I would recommend this drug to anyone with HIV who is offered it by their doctor. My side effects include upset stomach."

SofiaDelgado (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2016

For HIV Infection "This medication is potent with minimal side effects. Went from 100,000 viral load to 80 in 3 weeks and now I'm undetectable at month 4 and my cd4 have increased from 333 to 599."

Djpeace August 31, 2016

For HIV Infection "ok...its been 30 days and all is well....yes, ive had some ups and downs...anxiety attacks, fever, insomnia, stomach & headaches...but over all i feel great....ive learned that taking my meds earlier than bedtime is better for me & also that the side effects seem to be nonexistent when im well hydrated.......(*DRINK PLENTY OF WATER....)"

NURSEVAMP (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

For HIV Infection "its been 11 days since i started triumeq.....word of advice:..u MUST eat & eat well with this med(3 square meals...) & drink PLENTY of water!!!"

NURSEVAMP August 13, 2016

For HIV Infection "I started on triumeq august 1,2016....on the second day I had a bad headache & a terrible stomach ache( both were relieved by motrin & fresh ginger tea). Now, I must admit I feel better than I've felt in months!! :-) . Even tho a side effect of the med is loss of appetite, lately I've been ravenous..eating more than I ever have, which is wonderful for me because I had loss a lot of weight lately & it showed..."

NURSEVAMP (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2016

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed in May '16 with a VR of 1410 and CD4 of 410. Due to the low VR resistance testing wasn't conducted (only above 2000). I didn't start treatment until June due to work travel, the Doc didn't want me to start medication and be away from the medical centre. Started treatment in June. After reading about other experiences here I decided to medicate at night, around 1800 every night. I also take medication for slightly elevated blood pressure. I was already taking it in the morning so decided to keep the two separate. Not sure why - I just thought it would be better to keep the medications separate. After a month I was tested again and my CD4 has risen to 680 and the VR is now undetectable. No side effects & feel great!!"

CADDY_12 July 28, 2016

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed with HIV in May 2016. After taking Triumeq for 4 weeks, my CD4 count has gone from138 to 1054 and my viral load 673,000 and now 2280.... For me this has been a wonder drug. Absolutely no side affects to date.... I haven't felt this good in a long, long time :)"

Jamon1970 June 17, 2016

For HIV Infection "Triumeq is a great combination pill. No side effect, no problem taking it. I hope the long term impact on the liver and the body in general is acceptable."

Wonderfully happy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2016

For HIV Infection "Triumeq is brilliant. No side effects. Easy to take."

Amazingly5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2016

For HIV Infection "My experience has been phenomenal with this drug. Achey at times but overall brilliant."

Greatness1 April 13, 2016

For HIV Infection "I started this medication within three weeks of diagnosis in September 2015. My initial concerns and scares about side effects quickly turned out to be untrue. Apart from tiredness and join pain in the first few weeks, I have virtually no side effects from the medication. I take it in the evening and aim to have 100% adherence. It is remarkable what science has done in the last 30 years since this condition emerged. One of the drugs in the pill, dolutegravir has a long binding time and so far has had no resistance.I look forward to the results of trials with dolutegravir monotherapy. This would be even better in using only one drug to control the virus. I'd recommend Triumeq to anyone starting treatment or those considering a switch."

A wonder pill (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2016

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed with HIV in September 2015 , my viral load was over 10million , and my CD was below 500 ....I was prescribed TRIUMEQ just over 5 months ago - I can say that I have already reached an undetectable viral load and my CD is almost 600 ......I've never felt better and I have so much more energy lately ....TRIUMEQ is saving my.life : )"

Adam79 April 11, 2016

For HIV Infection "Was infected back in October 2015. Started TRIUMEQ 25 days ago. First 5 days were unbearable hated every minute of it until I changed my time taking the pill to nighttime. So far 20 days later no side effects anymore used to get headaches, joint pain, muscle pain. Diagnosed with VL of 10,000 and CD4 of 562. Will update once I get my monthly result next week. Trillium Drug Benefit covers most of out of pocket and my families insurance covers the rest. I only pay around 450$ a year."

Torontoguy (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

For HIV Infection "I am NOT new to HIV or HIV treatment. I've known my status since 1994 (1st test). I have been through all of the initial Protease Inhibitor drugs from the mid 1990's & the plethora of severe side affects they provided. I was switched to Triumeq in late Feb, 2016, NOT due to having a detectable viral load, but due to increasing diarrhea on my last drug combination which included Epzicom, Norvir & Prezista. I wish I never complained about the diarrhea because I am still suffering from extreme headaches nine (9) days after stopping Triumeq. I am on continuous pain killers because these headaches are CONSTANT. Triumeq for me is a complete disaster. I took a full month of Triumeq."

Debilitating Pounding Headache (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

For HIV Infection "I found out 6 years ago, I was positive and found out at early stage, maybe 3/4 months after catching the virus. I ignored the situation and my immune system was doing well. I only went to the hospital every 2 years just to know what stage the virus was at. In Feb 2010 I was diagnosed vl-1112 and cd4-455. In Oct 2015 with no treatment vl-3400 and cd4-425. Now iv decided to start taking the medication in Dec 2015, cos I was worried about the strain on my immune system and the cuts in government in general. Now I've been taking triumeq (the only treatment IV been on) and at the beginning I had insomnia. My results as of last week are now vl-less than 40 and cd4-570."

Imi March 28, 2016

For HIV Infection "Triumeq is working as an HIV medication - but I am gaining weight."

lars1275 March 23, 2016

For HIV Infection "I went straight on Triumeq a couple of months of being diagnosed with HIV :( I started taking them in January it is now March and I am undetectable (yay) I did have a low viral count but still. I haven't had any bad side effects. At first I took them in the morning, but thought they were making me feel a bit sick, so to be safe, I switched to taking them at bedtime, since then not a single issue for me, no night terrors, no sickness, nothing. Pop the pill and sleep :) In UK this wasn't the first drug prescribed by my doctor, but due to other factors it was decided to try Triumeq. It may be worth asking about it and it comes free on the NHS."

JustmeUK March 20, 2016