User Reviews for Triumeq

HIV Infection   8.5

Reviews for Triumeq

JZ · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 8, 2021

For HIV Infection: “I took Triumeq for about a year and I didn't have any side effects for the first six months. I started getting dizzy spells, felt super emotional for no reason, very sore around my eyes constantly which felt like I had been punched, and the worst was extreme fatigue no matter how long I slept. I switched to Odefsey and feel much better but I gained a little weight and my hair is thinning and breaking now.”

Rixby · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 8, 2020

For HIV Infection: “Switched to Triumeq in 2015 after being on Atripla for many years and undetectable. Facial wasting appeared recently.”

Ime February 29, 2020

For HIV Infection: “Great pills! Im useing Tmq from 2017. My CD4 is 1200 and viral load is 0. In the beginning it was 100 000, and after 1 month it was 0. My CD4 was 200 and after 1 year of usein Tmq it was completely recovered, 1200, and it is like that for last 2 years. I have very dry skin and sometime sleeping problems.”

JIM · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2019

For HIV Infection: “Been on Triumeq for a week now and I'm not 100% happy. My last meds stopped working even though I had 100% adherence. Since taking Triumeq I've not slept properly (taking me ages to fall asleep and then waking during the night and taking a long time to go back to sleep) and I'm someone who normally sleeps like a kitten. The other thing I've noticed is really itchy skin: face, neck, torso, legs....no rash, just constant itchy feeling. I've had a couple of dizzy spells one of which made me panic and my heart rate went up to 134 (I was just washing the dishes!). I'll stick with them as one week is too short a time to decide if I can live with the side effects or if they are just temporary. I'll post again in a few weeks.”

Aushanti · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2019

For HIV Infection: “I started this medication with a VL of 16000 and CD4 451. It didn't cause me any side effects (so far), and after two months I reached undetectable and a CD4 of 668.”

Peter June 16, 2019

For HIV Infection: “I took Triumeq from early 2016 to early 2017. Although it kept my viral load undetectable, I suffered serious side effects: Bizarre dreams, burping and acid reflux, and serious heart diseases. It caused irregular heart beats, and my heart rates went up to 200 beats per minute when I did light exercises (elliptical) which caused blood pressure to drop so low I collapsed. I also experienced blackout for a brief second several times a day, during walking, sitting, and out of nowhere. I also developed a stenosis on my artery, it's fat buildup in my main blood vessel on my neck that caused my blood flow to drop to 40-50% of normal. And if the fat gets detached and goes into my brain, I will have a stroke. Cardiologist said I should not have heart problem because there is no history of heart disease in my family, and I am not overweight, and this problem only started after taking Triumeq. So doctor changed medication to Descovy + Tivicay, and all the aforementioned side effects went away.”

TTT · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 9, 2019

For HIV Infection: “I found I am HIV positive by the end of August 2018 and back then had VL over 1 million (really high) and CD4 around 650 (30%) and I started the treatment with Triumeq by the end of October. For the first month I was taking Triumeq before going to bed and I experienced all side effects related with the central nervous system such as insomnia, headache, tiredness, unfocused etc. By the end of November the VL has drooped to 650k and CD4 went up to 1000 (40%). Despite the side effects that were clearly affecting my daily life both personal and professional because I was all the time tired and sleepy, the doctor and I agreed that I'd give one more month to Triumeq switching it to the mornings. It literally solved all the side effects I haven't experienced any of them since I started taking the pill in the morning. At the beginning of January 2019, around 2/2.5 months after starting the treatment, I'm undetectable and in March I had again CD4 count and was still in good level - 1050 (43%).”

Danny · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2019

For HIV Infection: “Was HIV diagnosed April 1st 2019 My CD4 was at 650 and my viral load was 118.000 after 4 weeks of using Triumeq my viral load is now only 30 :) they didn't re test my CD4 due to it being at 650 :) no side affects either, a little bloated at times but nothing major. I work out 5 times a week and believe this helps a lot. ”

Abraxas · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2019

For HIV Infection: “I found out that I'm HIV positive on March 2019. Since my CD4 was at 67 Cells, and my VL at 42.000, my Doc started immediately with Triumeq. After a Month, I was undetectable. I don't know, how my CD4 has risen, but I have nearly no side effects. I take it in the morning, and I feel a bit of fatigue, but nothing else. I'm paying 10 Euro per 30 tablets, my insurance covers.”

Tom80 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 13, 2019

For HIV Infection: “Triumeq is a good treatment, no side effect except for appendicitis which was a few months after start taking the tablet. I got appendicitis and there have been a few similar cases. Apart from this no other sides effects first treatment, and year next month , undetectable after 2 months start taking”

Rocky · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 26, 2019

For HIV Infection: “The only problem I have is the cost when I get switched to Medicare Part D. My cost at that time will be $725.00 per month for 30 pills.”

Rich · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 4, 2018

For HIV Infection: “I was diagnosed HIV+ in April 2014, it was about a year until my CD4 count dropped to 500, I tried 1 medication for about a month that made me ill, so I was switched to Triumeq, it's a lot better, but not without its side effects, up to 4 hours after taking I have make sure there is a toilet near as it makes me go pretty quick. I also get headaches and tiredness for up to 2 hours after taking then it's like I just push through it. Overall it's good, I can't complain, I mean what's the other option????...lol, I'm glad medicine is moving on so well. Rich United Kingdom”

MarcusA · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 2, 2018

For HIV Infection: “November 2016 was my initial HIV+ detection. I learned that I had a 1 million+ viral load and only 46 T-cells. Today, I am undetectable. Undetectable! It is with some seriously amazing awe that I also read on my latest blood work that my T-cell count is now 402! My infectious disease doctor told me that I might be experiencing "IRIS" (immune reconstitution syndrome) and believes that if I am adherent to the prescription regimen, I may see a 500 t-cell count in the coming year. Several good people prayed for me; for them I am truly grateful. I am also taking time to write here because I am convinced that Triumeq saved my life. I hope my comments can be of help to others.”

Pozwpg · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2018

For HIV Infection: “Diagnosed in July with an unknown infection date. First test showed a CD4 of 550 and VL of 38000. Started medication late due to some fights with the insurance company. Took my first pill on September 7. Had my follow up blood work drawn on October 3. I am NOW undetectable! No changes to my CD4 but I know it will increase. The only side effect I have noticed in my first month is some minor bloating. Had some trouble falling asleep for the first week but I assume that was the power of suggestion having read all the possible symptoms. I know it is early on to review the medication but I am undetectable in less than 30 days. I just wanted to share!”

Anonymous October 9, 2018

For HIV Infection: “Started this about 10 months ago and I haven't had any side effects or trouble with sleeping, I am very thankful for this medicine and pray it keeps me happy and healthy forever!”

Davvveeeedd · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2018

For HIV Infection: “Just started Triumeq with a CD4 count of 271 and a viral load of 104,000. Other than a slight headache, vivid and lucid dreaming (which was awesome) and vomiting (I took it on an empty stomach.) I haven't had any other side effects. I take it after I eat breakfast in the morning and go on about my day with normal energy levels. Will update when I get my one month labs done to see the progress of this medication.”

T · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 29, 2018

For HIV Infection: “Started this medication 6 months ago. After the first month I was undetectable! My counts are fantastic. Only issue I’ve had is that I’ve developed some gastrointestinal problems but I’m totally fine with that. I’d much rather be a bit gassy and bloated than no longer have a functioning immune system.”

Luisito · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 25, 2018

For HIV Infection: “To be honest I was diagnose + in 2004 and didn't actually started meds right away until my health started to fade away little by little after some time with the virus. So when I decided to get on treatment they started me with Kaletra & Combivir for approximately 3 -5 years after that I became resistant to this cocktail and was switch to something else which I can't recall at the moment since I tried a few different ones. Long story short:I started taking triumeq approximately 2 years ago and they really had help me a lot.”

Bailey · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 22, 2018

For HIV Infection: “I have had HIV since 2008. On my first medicine which was Atripla I could not sleep, I had headaches and crazy dreams. Dr. prescribed me Triumeq which I have no side effects from. My only problem now is the cost of Triumeq I will be going on Medicare Part D in January 2019 my cost will be about $700.00 per month. I'll be broke in about four years.”

Castle1973 · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2018

For HIV Infection: “I was diagnosed with full-blown AIDS 25 years ago I was taking trezaver then atripla 15 years then I got sick last year I was told that I only have a year to live I get boils all over my body about the size of a baseball. Doctor switched me to triumeq I was hesitated to take it I just opened the bottle after a month I've been taking it now for three days, no side effects yet had a few headaches but that's about all. Please pray for me I have a wife and a family”

1st poster again · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 8, 2018

For HIV Infection: “I was the first reviewer and also posted an update in 2016, thought I would take a second and give an update. I’m still on Triumeq and still highly recommend this drug. After switching in 2014 (literally the day the drug was approved), I still have no side effects. It’s been great. Best wishes everyone.”

Luke73 · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 27, 2018

For HIV Infection: “I have been HIV positive for 14 years. At first I was on Atripla. It kept me undetectable and a high CD4 (between 600-900). The main side effect that I had was very vivid, disturbing dreams. So my doctor decided to switch me to Triumeq 4 years ago. I love it. Same high CD4 and undetectable. And I experience no side effects whatsoever. Very thankful for this drug.”

Taurus · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 20, 2018

For HIV Infection: “I have been on Triumeq for almost 2 years. Viral load and CD4 are great. However, I have gained almost 25 pounds....all in gut, back, chest and starting to develop a small buffalo hump. Nothing in diet or workout regimen has changed. I have gone from a medium T-shirt to a X-Large. 33 size pants to 35 waist. 42 jacket to 44 jacket. 16 collar to a 17-1/2 collar. Not happy with this at all. I am seeing more and more reports of this with Triumeq users online now.”

Billy · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2018

For HIV Infection: “I had postponed treatment for around 7 years but now have started. In my recent test my numbers were low (290 CD4) and my VL was about 16k. This medication is amazing. So far I had no side effect whatsoever and I think a large part of the negative feedback people share could be shaped by their own apprehensions and worries. Best of all it's easy to take. I am undetectable 4 weeks into treatment. I also feel that I have better energy and my constant worry about what the virus is doing to my body seems to have subsided for now. Highly recommend”

PDX · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2018

For HIV Infection: “So I hate to be "that" person, but I guess I am. Was on Genvoya/Stribild since 7/2016 with no issues whatsoever other than elevated cholesterol. Dr. decided to change me to Triumeq, which I took for 14 days. I have not been right at all for two weeks. Extreme headrush (like a combo drunk/stoned feeling), anxious, no energy, itchy everywhere. Just feel awful after taking it. We chatted today, going back on Genvoya and cannot wait to go pick it up. Don't let this scare you, everybody will find their med. that works w/o any side effects. For me, that is not Triumeq.”