User Reviews for Triumeq to treat HIV Infection (Page 2)

Triumeq has an average rating of 8.4 out of 10 from a total of 97 ratings for the treatment of HIV Infection. 75% of those users who reviewed Triumeq reported a positive effect, while 7% reported a negative effect.

Triumeq Rating Summary

8.4/10 average rating

Compare all 121 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

Reviews for Triumeq

NURSEVAMP · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2016

“ok...its been 30 days and all is well....yes, ive had some ups and downs...anxiety attacks, fever, insomnia, stomach & headaches...but over all i feel great....ive learned that taking my meds earlier than bedtime is better for me & also that the side effects seem to be nonexistent when im well hydrated.......(*DRINK PLENTY OF WATER....)”

1st poster again · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 8, 2018

“I was the first reviewer and also posted an update in 2016, thought I would take a second and give an update. I’m still on Triumeq and still highly recommend this drug. After switching in 2014 (literally the day the drug was approved), I still have no side effects. It’s been great. Best wishes everyone.”

Taurus · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 20, 2018

“I have been on Triumeq for almost 2 years. Viral load and CD4 are great. However, I have gained almost 25 pounds....all in gut, back, chest and starting to develop a small buffalo hump. Nothing in diet or workout regimen has changed. I have gone from a medium T-shirt to a X-Large. 33 size pants to 35 waist. 42 jacket to 44 jacket. 16 collar to a 17-1/2 collar. Not happy with this at all. I am seeing more and more reports of this with Triumeq users online now.”

Pozwpg · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2018

“Diagnosed in July with an unknown infection date. First test showed a CD4 of 550 and VL of 38000. Started medication late due to some fights with the insurance company. Took my first pill on September 7. Had my follow up blood work drawn on October 3. I am NOW undetectable! No changes to my CD4 but I know it will increase. The only side effect I have noticed in my first month is some minor bloating. Had some trouble falling asleep for the first week but I assume that was the power of suggestion having read all the possible symptoms. I know it is early on to review the medication but I am undetectable in less than 30 days. I just wanted to share!”

Follow-up from first post October 27, 2015

“I made the first review in December 2014. Since there is no dataset for long-term use of triumeq, I thought I'd drop back in for an update. I am exceptionally pleased with this medication. I have no side effects, VL is still undetectable, and CD4 is steady. Triumeq is great!”

Mick34 · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2017

“August 8th 2017 tested positive. Viral load 10,109 cd4 512 Started meds August 27th 2017 Retested September 28th 2017 And viral load is 49 and cd4 865 I had a few minor headaches and I now take my meds with or without food with no problems. I take my meds in the morning at my first break 10 am. Thanks to this site I was nervous at first read all the reviews and they helped me and knowing what to expect. So thought I would return the favor.”

Adam79 January 16, 2017

“This is my second input / review ....I was diagnosed in October of 2015 with a viral load of over 10 million ...yes that's right over 10,000,000.....My cd was below 500 ....I've now been taking TRIUMEQ for approx 14 months I reached undetectable after 3-4 months and I still remain undetectable after 14 months and my CD was 690 last dr appt ......I'll say it again TRIUMEQ is saving my life :)”

Debilitating Pounding Headache · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2016

“I am NOT new to HIV or HIV treatment. I've known my status since 1994 (1st test). I have been through all of the initial Protease Inhibitor drugs from the mid 1990's & the plethora of severe side affects they provided. I was switched to Triumeq in late Feb, 2016, NOT due to having a detectable viral load, but due to increasing diarrhea on my last drug combination which included Epzicom, Norvir & Prezista. I wish I never complained about the diarrhea because I am still suffering from extreme headaches nine (9) days after stopping Triumeq. I am on continuous pain killers because these headaches are CONSTANT. Triumeq for me is a complete disaster. I took a full month of Triumeq.”

Randall651 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 9, 2016

“It made my viral count undetectable in 8 months. My T cell count was always high but the drug elevated it a bit more I experienced no side effects so it is worth the $6000 annual copay I have to make”

DEB Houston · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2015

“I have taking Triumeq for two weeks now after I completely stopped taking any meds for 4 months. My viral load was at 80,000 and in about two weeks I have a doctor's appt to recheck my general numbers again. Unfortunately, I have had several side effects from insomnia, bloating, stomach pains, fatigue, and dizziness. I'm hoping that as the weeks go by my body will become acustom to Triumeq and lessen my side effects. As per paying goes, my co pay was suppose to be $100, however the staff at my drug store introduce me to a coupon from the makers of Triumeq and the maker is covering my copay! I will update my comment one I've visited with my doctor. ..namaste”

Danny · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2019

“Was HIV diagnosed April 1st 2019 My CD4 was at 650 and my viral load was 118.000 after 4 weeks of using Triumeq my viral load is now only 30 :) they didn't re test my CD4 due to it being at 650 :) no side affects either, a little bloated at times but nothing major. I work out 5 times a week and believe this helps a lot. ”

PedroAtlanta May 18, 2015

“Went from a viral load of 17,000 to undetectable within seven weeks. Absolutely no side effects. This was the first anti-retroviral therapy I went on after testing positive. Obscenely expensive, but ViiV is covering the copay for now.”

Mr.Tropical October 7, 2016

“After taking complera for 5 years, switched to triumec a lil over a month ago. Right after the first month, Viral load undetectable and T-cell count unknown. Doctor did not check my T- cell count; i did not like that. The side effects are terrible, my heart beat fast, red face, high irritability, jaw stiffness/pain, aweful headache, insomnia. In general feeling highly intoxicated. Can't deal with it.”

HIV still alive December 18, 2015

“I was born with it in I was on meds had the liquid kind and then got older they put me on the pills and I am 20 years old they put me on triumeq and its going good but I just gain weight but it cool always work out I am trying not to be lazy now”

JustmeUK March 20, 2016

“I went straight on Triumeq a couple of months of being diagnosed with HIV :( I started taking them in January it is now March and I am undetectable (yay) I did have a low viral count but still. I haven't had any bad side effects. At first I took them in the morning, but thought they were making me feel a bit sick, so to be safe, I switched to taking them at bedtime, since then not a single issue for me, no night terrors, no sickness, nothing. Pop the pill and sleep :) In UK this wasn't the first drug prescribed by my doctor, but due to other factors it was decided to try Triumeq. It may be worth asking about it and it comes free on the NHS.”

NICHOLAS0815 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 30, 2015

“Update on prior review: after being on triumeq for 4 months now and my third appt with my i. D. Doctor, I am very happy to report that my cd4 count is at 1473 and still undectable. Other than some mild insomnia, I have no other side effects with this drug. I take triumeq faithfully every night before I go to bed.”

AnonimousMe October 28, 2015

“I got diagnosis very early, within 7 days after getting infected. Decided to start therapy right away. Before taking triumeq: 10.000.000 viral load (they explained as I really early got diagnosed this number can be very high first 1-2-3 months). CD4 - 520. After 1,5 month of taking triumeq: viral load: 50 (just 50!!!!) and CD4 - 819. I had and having sometimes some light side effects: feeling tired/sleepy, nausea (when taking on empty stomach), some problem with skin (acne). With a time it's getting better and now I experience side effects very seldom. I'm glad this medicine works well for me and seems like my body get used to it.”

Luisito · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 25, 2018

“To be honest I was diagnose + in 2004 and didn't actually started meds right away until my health started to fade away little by little after some time with the virus. So when I decided to get on treatment they started me with Kaletra & Combivir for approximately 3 -5 years after that I became resistant to this cocktail and was switch to something else which I can't recall at the moment since I tried a few different ones. Long story short:I started taking triumeq approximately 2 years ago and they really had help me a lot.”

DEB Houston · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 23, 2015

“Update: After being on Triumeq a little over a month and a half I'm happy to report that my T Cells are at 375 and my viral load count is at 20! On top of taking Triumeq I have incorporated cardio and organic apple cider vinegar into my daily routine. These two additional steps have helped me to maintain a better detoxed body! As for the side effects I was experiencing the first two weeks now these side effects have stopped.”

Davvveeeedd · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2018

“Just started Triumeq with a CD4 count of 271 and a viral load of 104,000. Other than a slight headache, vivid and lucid dreaming (which was awesome) and vomiting (I took it on an empty stomach.) I haven't had any other side effects. I take it after I eat breakfast in the morning and go on about my day with normal energy levels. Will update when I get my one month labs done to see the progress of this medication.”

Andrew-Sydney December 31, 2015

“After few years of carrying virus finally was diagnosed. On 2015 October 9 my CD4 was 168 and VL was 61.800. After two weeks treatment on Triumeq viral load went down to 849 and CD4 increased to 270. Side effects are: 1) Sometimes hard fall to sleep. Need to be really tired or in very good mood before sleep. 2) Feeling strange feeling in my pancreas area. Uncomfortable feeling. 3) Headaches and dizziness. 4) Skin itchy. Having sometimes problems with red eyes especially if you do not sleep well 2 or 3 days (traveling around the world). Waiting to do another test after 1.5 month treatment to see results.”

Joe March 29, 2018

“Recently started taking Triumeq almost 4 weeks ago. Use to be on the sustiva and combvr cocktail for about 5 years. Always hated taking sustiva made me feel extremely groggy, terrible dreams and so I took it upon myself to stop taking it. Went on a 3 year hiatus. Needed a break from all of it including doctor visits.(terrible idea) fell victim to pneumonia in February and ID dr put me on Triumeq. So far it’s been amazing. 1st night my head became very tingly and I felt real shaky but after that it’s been amazing. No side effects and I’ve started gaining my weight back again. Did lab work yesterday so hopefully my cd4 has gone up. My cd4 was a 12 last test. Good luck to all of you and remember you aren’t alone in this fight.”

Rich · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 4, 2018

“I was diagnosed HIV+ in April 2014, it was about a year until my CD4 count dropped to 500, I tried 1 medication for about a month that made me ill, so I was switched to Triumeq, it's a lot better, but not without its side effects, up to 4 hours after taking I have make sure there is a toilet near as it makes me go pretty quick. I also get headaches and tiredness for up to 2 hours after taking then it's like I just push through it. Overall it's good, I can't complain, I mean what's the other option????...lol, I'm glad medicine is moving on so well. Rich United Kingdom”

NURSEVAMP · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2016

“I started on triumeq august 1,2016....on the second day I had a bad headache & a terrible stomach ache( both were relieved by motrin & fresh ginger tea). Now, I must admit I feel better than I've felt in months!! :-) . Even tho a side effect of the med is loss of appetite, lately I've been ravenous..eating more than I ever have, which is wonderful for me because I had loss a lot of weight lately & it showed...”

CADDY_12 July 28, 2016

“I was diagnosed in May '16 with a VR of 1410 and CD4 of 410. Due to the low VR resistance testing wasn't conducted (only above 2000). I didn't start treatment until June due to work travel, the Doc didn't want me to start medication and be away from the medical centre. Started treatment in June. After reading about other experiences here I decided to medicate at night, around 1800 every night. I also take medication for slightly elevated blood pressure. I was already taking it in the morning so decided to keep the two separate. Not sure why - I just thought it would be better to keep the medications separate. After a month I was tested again and my CD4 has risen to 680 and the VR is now undetectable. No side effects & feel great!!”