Lamisil AT spray
Generic Name: terbinafine (TER-bin-a-feen)
Brand Name: Lamisil AT
Lamisil AT spray is used for:
Relieving, itching, burning, cracking, and scaling associated with jock itch, athlete's foot, ringworm, and other fungal infections of the skin.
Lamisil AT spray is topical antifungal agent. It works by killing sensitive fungi.
Do NOT use Lamisil AT spray if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Lamisil AT spray
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Lamisil AT spray:
Some medical conditions may interact with Lamisil AT spray. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have kidney problems
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Lamisil AT spray. Because little, if any, of Lamisil AT spray is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Lamisil AT spray may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Lamisil AT spray:
Use Lamisil AT spray as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Wash the affected area with soap and water. Be sure the area is completely dry before applying Lamisil AT spray.
- Spray a think layer of medicine onto the affected area as directed by your doctor or the package labeling.
- If you are using Lamisil AT spray for the athlete's foot, make sure you spray the spaces between the toes. Wear well-fitting, ventilated shoes. Change shoes and socks at least once a day.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Lamisil AT spray unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- To clear up your infection completely, use Lamisil AT spray for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you notice improvement in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Lamisil AT spray, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Lamisil AT spray.
Important safety information:
- Lamisil AT spray is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool water.
- Do not use Lamisil AT spray on the nails or scalp. Do not use it for vaginal yeast infections.
- Do not use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Do not get Lamisil AT spray in your eyes, nose, or mouth. In case of contact with the eyes, rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
- Lamisil AT spray should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old without first checking with the child's doctor; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Lamisil AT spray while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Lamisil AT spray, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Lamisil AT spray:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); new or worsening skin irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Store Lamisil AT spray between 46 and 77 degrees F (8 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Lamisil AT spray out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Lamisil AT spray, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Lamisil AT spray is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Lamisil AT spray or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Lamisil AT spray. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Lamisil AT spray. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Lamisil AT spray.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Lamisil AT (terbinafine topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 6 Reviews – Add your own review/rating