Lamisil AT Spray
Generic Name: Terbinafine Spray (TER bin a feen)
Brand Name: Lamisil AT Spray
Uses of Lamisil AT Spray:
- It is used to treat fungal infections of the skin.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Lamisil AT Spray?
- If you have an allergy to terbinafine or any other part of Lamisil AT Spray (terbinafine spray).
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Lamisil AT Spray?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Lamisil AT Spray. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If this medicine is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Do not give Lamisil AT Spray to a child younger than 12 years old without first checking with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Lamisil AT Spray) best taken?
Use Lamisil AT Spray as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Do not take this medicine by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Do not put on your nails or scalp.
- Do not put in the vagina or anus.
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Spray a thin layer over affected skin.
- Put the cap back on after you are done using your dose.
- Do not use coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) unless told to do so by the doctor.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put in a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of Lamisil AT Spray?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Lamisil AT Spray?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Protect from heat or open flame. Do not puncture or burn even if it seems empty.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Lamisil AT Spray, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Lamisil AT Spray. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Lamisil AT Spray.
Review Date: November 1, 2017
More about Lamisil AT Spray (terbinafine topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical antifungals
- Lamisil AT Continuous Spray (FDA)
- Lamisil AT Spray (FDA)
- Terbinafine Hydrochloride topical (AHFS Monograph)