Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot
Generic Name: Terbinafine Cream and Gel (TER bin a feen)
Brand Name: Lamisil Advanced, Lamisil AT, Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot, Lamisil AT Jock Itch
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 4, 2020.
Uses of Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot:
- It is used to treat fungal infections of the skin.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot?
- If you have an allergy to terbinafine or any other part of Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot (terbinafine cream and gel).
- If you are allergic to Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot (terbinafine cream and gel); any part of Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot (terbinafine cream and gel); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot (terbinafine cream and gel) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot (terbinafine cream and gel). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot (terbinafine cream and gel) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot) best taken?
Use Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot (terbinafine cream and gel) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- Do not take Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot (terbinafine cream and gel) by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- If you get Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot (terbinafine cream and gel) in any of these areas, rinse well with water.
- Do not put on your nails or scalp.
- Do not put in the vagina or anus.
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put in a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad irritation where Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot (terbinafine cream and gel) is used.
What are some other side effects of Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Lamisil AT Athlete’s Foot (terbinafine cream and gel), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Lamisil AT (terbinafine topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 8 Reviews
- Drug class: topical antifungals