Generic Name: vitamins with lipotropics (VYE-ta-mins/lye-po-TROE-piks)
Brand Name: Examples include Cholinoid and Vita-Plus G
Cholinoid is used for:
Providing vitamins and certain other nutrients as a supplement to the diet. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Cholinoid is a combination of vitamins and lipotropic factors. It works by providing vitamins to the body. Exactly how the lipotropics work is unknown.
Do NOT use Cholinoid if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Cholinoid
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Cholinoid:
Some medical conditions may interact with Cholinoid. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have anemia
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Cholinoid. However, no specific interactions with Cholinoid are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Cholinoid may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Cholinoid:
Use Cholinoid as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Cholinoid with regard to food as directed on the package labeling or by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Cholinoid, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Cholinoid.
Important safety information:
- Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children younger than 6 years of age. Keep this product out of the reach of children. If an accidental overdose does occur, seek immediate medical attention or call a poison control center.
- Do not take large doses of vitamins (megadoses or megavitamin therapy) unless directed to do so by your doctor.
- Some vitamin supplements contain vitamin C (ascorbic acid). If your brand contains vitamin C, it may cause incorrect test results with some urine glucose tests. If you have diabetes, check with your doctor before adjusting the dose of your diabetes medicine or changing your diet.
- If your brand contains vitamin C, it may also cause incorrect test results with kits used to check for blood in the stool. Check with your doctor if you are taking Cholinoid when using this test kit.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Cholinoid, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Cholinoid during pregnancy. Cholinoid is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Cholinoid, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Cholinoid:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Mild breath odor; upset stomach.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Cholinoid:
Store Cholinoid at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Cholinoid out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Cholinoid, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Cholinoid is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Cholinoid or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Cholinoid. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Cholinoid. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Cholinoid.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Cholinoid (multivitamin)
- Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: vitamin and mineral combinations