Generic Name: ibrexafungerp
Dosage Form: tablets
Medically reviewed by Judith Stewart, BPharm. Last updated on June 2, 2021.
What is Brexafemme?
Brexafemme is a prescription medicine used to treat vaginal yeast infection.
It is not known if this medicine is safe and effective in pre-adolescent females who have not started their menstruation.
Who should not take Brexafemme?
You should not take Brexafemme if you:
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Brexafemme may harm your unborn baby. Tell your healthcare provider if you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant, or plan to become pregnant.
- Are allergic to ibrexafungerp.
Before you take Brexafemme
Before you start treatment, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- See Who should not take Brexafemme? Women who can become pregnant may be asked by their healthcare provider to take a pregnancy test before starting treatment. Women who can become pregnant should use effective birth control while taking Brexafemme and for 4 days after the last dose. Talk to your healthcare provider about birth control methods that may be right for you.
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Brexafemme passes into your breast milk. You and your healthcare provider should decide if you will take Brexafemme or breast feed.
- Brexafemme may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Brexafemme works.
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-thecounter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
How should I take Brexafemme?
- Take Brexafemme exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to take it.
- Take the tablets by mouth with or without food.
Brexafemme side effects
The most common side effects include: loose stools, nausea, stomach pain, dizziness, and vomiting.
These are not all the possible side effects. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA1088.
How should I store Brexafemme?
Store Brexafemme at room temperature between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C).
Brexafemme is supplied in child resistant packaging. Keep all medicines out of reach of children and pets.
General information about the safe and effective use of Brexafemme.
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Patient Information leaflet.
Do not use this medicine for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give it to other people even if they have the same symptoms that you have. It may harm them. You can ask your pharmacist or healthcare provider for information that is written for health professionals.
What are the ingredients in Brexafemme?
Active ingredient: ibrexafungerp
Tablet core: butylated hydroxyanisole, colloidal silicon dioxide, crospovidone, magnesium stearate, mannitol, and microcrystalline cellulose. Tablet film coating: FD&C Blue #2, FD&C Red #40, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose 2910, talc and titanium dioxide.
More about Brexafemme (ibrexafungerp)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.