How long does 100mg trazodone stay in your system?

Official Answer by Drugs.com 14 Feb 2018

The elimination half-life of a medication is the time it takes for blood levels of the medication to be reduced by half. For trazodone the half-life is approximately 5 to 13 hours. This means that every 5 to 13 hours, the level in your blood will drop by 50 percent.

It takes on average 5.5 elimination half lives for a drug to be eliminated from your system. Metabolism, age, health, weight and the amount and frequency of the drug taken, are all factors that can affect the rate at which the body can clear the drug from your system.

After a single dose in a healthy adult with an elimination half-life of 10 to 12 hours, Trazodone will be mostly out of your system in one to three days.

Flash1612 5 Mar 2018

I took 150mg for 2 weeks as a sleep aid and then stopped completely and I'm having severe side effects I've never had in my life. Anxiety, tremors, shaking, heart racing, scared feeling something bad is about to happen... I'm assuming this is withdrawal?
I've been off it now for 3 weeks... do you think I'm still trying to get over it?