User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Major Depressive Disorder 39 reviews 46 medications

Depression 343 reviews 76 medications

6.9
Summary of Viibryd reviews 382 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Viibryd

For Major Depressive Disorder "For first week on 10mg, had brain zaps, diarrhea, tingling on extremities, and some nausea, insomnia. Almost discontinued taking drug. However, after a week, most side effects improved, Now on 20mg per MD recommendation, only have insomnia and some leg cramps now, slight weight gain but not much. Mood improved and bonus is that my sexual function has improved for the first time in 10 years. Based on my experience so far, would recommend if you are willing to tolerate side effects for several weeks when beginning drug."

DKMDD August 28, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Positive response within a week. 20mg was sufficient during the spring and summer seasons. Sexual side effects are minimal and virtually disappear once used to the medication after the last dose increase. Insomnia at first, but with time this side effect has gone away. Very satisfied."

Bashan (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I created an account to soley rate this medicine. The medications that my general doctor were perscribing werent doing the trick, so I was sent to a psychiatrist who gave me viibryd. My insurance didn't cover much, I had to pay $80 for one month of dosage. At that point in my life I was so desprate and it felt like I running out of options, so I gave it a try. I was on Viibyd for about 6 months with absolutely no change. I was irritated all the time, my anixety flew off the charts. Doc told me to try to stick with it. Finally one day I quit cold turkey and felt no side effects, no withdrawls. It's good to see some positive reviews from others though!"

amberkins (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 24, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on antidepressants since the age of 12. I'm 53 now. I also have fibromyalgia. I was on Cymbalta. Due to cost my doc gave me a sample pack of Viibryd. 2 days and I'm in incredible fibro pain, along with severe diarrhea. Not good on my hemorrhoids. Not sure I'll stay on this one."

cyncat August 17, 2015

For Depression "I've been on 40mg for two years.. This drug saved my life it works wonderful for me.. I don't mind paying the high price to feel great.."

CCC72139 August 15, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Went from 90mg of cymbalta abruptly to 40mg viibryd. Went into cote bipolar.manic episode. So far this medication isn't feelING like it's doing anything for my but giving my diarrhea and making me starve and stuff my face with everything. Im already fat so this isn't good. I have brain fog, depression and anger. I'd say it's not working"

..... August 15, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on several different antidepressants over the past 18 years but I must say that I've felt the best being on Viibryd. In the beginning of it I did suffer with diarrhea for approximately 6 weeks. The only two complaints I have with it is that I have a decreased sex drive and I've gained almost 45 lbs over a 1.5 years."

Country Gal August 15, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Viibryd is pretty great. It is strong yet subtle. I've tried every antidepressant (SSRI/SNRI/SSNRI) and it is the only one that works well for me. I am having virtually no side effects except for tiredness but it has been getting better. I had diarrhea for the first weak but it was tolerable. It doesn't dull my emotions. It makes me feel normal and stable! Great medication for me and the only SSRI type medication that works. Maybe this has to do with it being a partial serotonin agonist as well as being a serontin reuptake inhibitor."

Keebles August 12, 2015

For Depression "I've been on 40 mg viibryd for 8 mos. Not too many side effects..e.g. no dry mouth, no nightmares, no high anxieties. A little insomnia requiring Benadryl. I had severe diarrhea until about a week ago but it was semi-controllable with Imodium. I feel functional but still have 2-3 day periods of depression which are difficult to wade through so it has not kept me completely stable. Missing 1 dose sends me way down within 2 days....change is very abrupt so I know the drug is working. Day-to-day energy level only so-so on Viibryd but I think my logical thinking has improved and words are not as difficult to find as when I was on other meds. This is huge for me. I'd like a little more stability but for now the plusses >negatives for Viibyd"

VonnieB August 12, 2015

For Depression "I had an increase in energy as compared to the Lexapro I was taking before this. I am struggling with periodic diarrhea, ongoing severe migraines and some stomach distress."

KCKS August 7, 2015

For Depression "I've been on 10mg for 8 months. Within a week, I felt the "cloud" lift and things seemed clearer. I wasn't wired or feeling speedy at all but I was able to focus on things and get on with my life. When I started taking it, I was taking it in the morning and I would have bad diarrhea. I was worried that I would have to discontinue use. Over time I found if I took it in the evening on a full stomach, usually about an hour after dinner, I didn't get diarrhea. Try this if you are having similar side effects. Losing 1 star due to cost."

SeeingClearly August 2, 2015

For Depression "After several months of taking this I needed to go on insulin but did not relate to the medication at the time. Since stopping because of headaches and fuzzy feeling in my head, my blood sugars are now lower than they have been."

cadwed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 28, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started viibryd just yesterday on a starter pack from my doctor that I requested. I've tried SEVERAL different antidepressants since I was a teenager: Paxil, Zoloft, cymbalta, celexa, lexapro, and the list goes on. So this brings me to viibryd. I would strongly advise you be very careful with this one. It has strongly resembled an amphetamine for me. I'm on a 10 mg dose and already I woke up an hour and 15 min earlier this morning(1 day) I felt very alert throughout the entire day at work, and even still feel so wired I can't imagine going to sleep for several more hours(it's 10:30 pm). I'm not sure about titrating to 20mg with this current effect. I'll see how it goes and keep you all updated! Any reaction from others would be helpful!"

Hilskycha (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2015

For Depression "This medicine almost killed me. Symptoms worst at 40 mg but there earlier. I ended up in the ER twice and was admitted to the hospital for days after a month with uncontrollable diarrhea, vomiting and the worse abdominal cramps I've ever had before anyone realize it was the Viibryd. I pass kidney stones regularly, so I have a super high pain tolerance and the lower abdominal pain from Viibryd was as bad if not worse than that. I had uncontrollable leg and body spasms and agitation and anxiety through the roof. Tapering off the stuff ended up being just as bad, every time I took the tapered dose I felt like I was taking poison and I would go into convulsions. less serious side effects including, eye pain, odd vaginal discharg"

Ponine July 24, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Took 10 mg sample for three weeks straight; usually after dinner around 9:30 PM every night. Helped with a "calm" feeling but would wake up in the middle of the night and then toss/turn. Didn't seem to alter my mood in the AM (i.e., didn't wake up feeling refreshed or less depressed). Had three weeks of mild diarrhea and dry mouth. No other noticeable side-effects like nightmares. The depression has affected marriage/work/friend relations. On to the next set of meds."

Guest_KS (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

For Depression "Been on for a few months - up to 40mg - feeling great as far as mood goes. DO have some break through anxiety but that will get better with time. Notice you DO HAVE TO TAKE WITH FOOD - or your stomach does get really upset. I have also noticed weight gain/or bloating. So the weight gain being 10 pounds may be some water weight as well. I've taken other meds that don't work this effectively so will give this a definite try for awhile and see if it continues to help me with my mood disorder. Bless all out there that have this terrible disorder...."

Iowa13 July 13, 2015

For Depression "I think Viibryd made my liver hurt. I started having weird pains on my right side under my upper ribcage shortly after I started taking it. I stopped taking it because it didn't work all that well for my depression. I noticed after I stopped taking it the pains disappeared completely. I told my Dr. and he wrote me off as crazy. Maybe I am crazy, but the pain coincided directly with starting and stopping Viibryd. Another reason I stopped besides it not working that well was the cost. It was too expensive for me and insurance wouldn't cover much of it."

DogEatDogWorld July 9, 2015

For Depression "Have been on the medication about a year. Has worked wonders for me. When increasing or decreasing dose I experienced terrible nightmares. I am on a steady dose of 40mg and no problems at all. Major drawback is price and getting insurance companies to cover it. Needed to make a difficult choice of do I pay the price and feel good, or do I try something cheaper? After being on other meds that do not work half as good as this , I decided to suck it up and find a way to stay on it."

AJinFla July 5, 2015

For Depression "I had no major side effects on this med & it's helped my anxiety & depression. I've been taking it for 6 months. I titrated up to 20mg. The Med was helping my mood but I had diarrhea that wasn't temporary so they put me on 10mg. The 10mg is working just fine for me but I still get diarrhea every now & then whereas I didn't before starting Viibryd Something peculiar- it seems since starting Viibryd, my guts are intolerant to veggies I ate fine before I started the med. Lettuces (even organic from the grocery not sprayed w/preservatives, cooked cauliflower etc run right through me now. It's common for ppl to have this affect w/o this med but I never was sensitive. Not sure if there is a correlation. It's not crampy so for now staying on Viibryd."

lesweet1 July 3, 2015

For Depression "I have been on different SRIs for over 15 years and I couldn't take this one. Even at 10 mg the insomnia was ridiculous. I think this drug was also the cause of my chest pains. Quit after 2 weeks."

Another bad experience (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2015

For Depression "Do not take this!! I've only been on this for a month and gained ten pounds without even over eating. I also had a racing heart and couldn't breath. I've been on at least fifteen different antidepressants and I have to say stay away from this please."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I think it works amazing, but I have been taking it for almost a year now and I'm starting to gain a lot of water weight!!! I started out at 155 and now I am up to 183! This is huge for me! I'm going to request water pills to take this water weight off"

Singlemumof2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 17, 2015

For Depression "I have been taking 20 mg of Viibryrd for 5 months. I titrated up very slowly and found that 30mg cause restless leg so I went back down to 20mg. The side effects, like day time sleepiness and gastrointestinal annoyances must be worked through. They pass. My anxious depression has lifted and I feel better that I have felt in years. In conjunction with the meds, I have continued to do depth psychology and psycho-spritual work which I think have also contributed to how well I feel. People notice how bright I appear. I am doing better than ever at work and still have energy to run my household. Recently, I was even able to return to the gym. The only side effect I notice is gas and loose stools, a bit of bloat in the gut."

Washington State Gal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2015

For Depression "Titrated up to 40mg over two weeks and then tried riding it out for another couple of weeks. Eventually I could not take another day and discontinued the medication. Not only did I not experience relief, but I feel my symptoms worsened while taking Viibryd. I was more irritable, restless, angry, upset, and anxious than I had ever been in my entire life. Also experienced a lot of nausea and headaches"

lukesoloway June 9, 2015

For Depression "Abnormal dreams or more like nightmares. This medication unleashed all of my demons leaving me with severe panic attacks. Upon awakening I would not know if what I was feeling was real or not. This is not a drug to use with someone who has severe PTSD."

Jernst June 6, 2015