User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Major Depressive Disorder 9 reviews 44 medications

7.2
Depression 297 reviews 75 medications

6.9
Summary of Viibryd reviews 306 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Viibryd

Review by Tris09 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: It has been a good 12 months since I have been taking the 40mg. I can say that I feel better when I am on this and also the important thing, after about the 8th month or so all the side effects are pretty much nonexistent.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2014 5:13 PM

Review by stinebean:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I have taken many antidepressants as an adult and since I have been on this one I have not been depressed. We all know what it feels like to not go on. I have no side effects. I feel healthy and normal. I wake up every day no matter what struggles and I have not felt "down," like depressing down in over a year. I love it. I also take Klonopin for my anxiety on the side. I don't need as much though. Viibryd works wonders!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 23, 2014 12:29 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I have struggled with depression as long as I can remember. I was first started with Zoloft. It worked for 3 months. I felt great! Then it stopped working. Same exact thing with Viibryd. It's supposed to be fabulous and better than all other antidepressants. I've read reviews on how it's tremendously helped people. It just hasn't helped me. I felt a difference while taking the medication and again it stopped. I spiraled back into my depression. I'm currently trying different treatments and apparently I was misdiagnosed. I am bipolar.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2014 1:27 PM

Review by gladys1021 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I just want to say that after taking a lot of other anti-depressant meds, this is THE ONE! Besides only having 1 side-effect (diarrhea), that went away after 2 wks, it's really changed my life!!! i recommend this to anyone who has tried other meds that have not worked

July 12, 2014 7:27 PM

Review by donhaven:

For Major Depressive Disorder: The first few weeks it seemed to improve my depression. I almost felt normal again. Then Wham! I started crying about everything---happy, sad,or for no reason at all, and although the feelings of "hopelessness" were gone, I felt I was worse than before. I have been diagnosed with early-mid AD and perhaps that explains the odd reaction.I haven't seen my doctor since this odd reaction began, but intend to see him. I have also suffered severe gastric distress while on Viibryd.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2014 9:21 PM

Review by michelleReeze:

For Major Depressive Disorder: Out of all the medicines I've tried Viibryd has been the only one to help me. Finally, after 15 years of struggling I feel "normal".

June 18, 2014 9:58 PM

Review by DTolley (taken for less than 1 month):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Nightmares, daytime drowsiness, sucidal thoughts, aggressive

June 18, 2014 7:24 PM

Review by Solina (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Love this medicine. Works very well for me. Am able to stay positive and happy throughout the day. Does not affect sex drive like other meds I've tried. There are side effects for me. If I miss a dose I get brain zaps and feel lost and sad. So I take it right away when I feel that and just try to relax. Sleep is affected, I always do weird things in my sleep now, I don't stay still in my sleep, and a lot of sleep paralysis, but I still love this medicine, because I rather deal with those negatives at night than being severely depressed in the day time. At least now I'm all smiles when I'm awake.

June 15, 2014 5:14 PM

Review by Cjohnson1083 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: This medication works great. EXCEPT the fact that it gives you horrible scary brain zaps if you are even a few hours late on your usual dose!!

June 9, 2014 11:56 PM

Review by The medic. (taken for less than 1 month):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I have seen and dealt with the worst things human can do to one another. I've been on this medicine for weeks and I'm finally seeing the light. This medicine thus far has saved my career so I can save others.

June 3, 2014 9:16 AM

Review by good girl 4 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Major Depressive Disorder: This medication took my depression away, within two weeks I was back to my old self

May 31, 2014 10:41 PM

Review by Flguy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I've been on 40mg for almost 8 weeks now. Was working great in the beginning, especially weeks 3-5, but for some reason the beneficial mood effects wore off and I don't feel any different now than before. The only thing I can think of is around that same time I started seeing a shrink and he put me on Xanax XR 0.5mg 1-2 times per day. Could the Xanax XR have killed off the positive effects I was having with the Viibryd? Not sure yet. By the way, I had literally NO negative side effects from taking this medication. I always take it in the morning, never at night. Tried that once and it kept me up all night.

April 2, 2014 1:15 PM

Review by draesq:

For Depression: I am at the end of the 2nd week of the starter pack, last 20 mg pill. I feel so much better on this medicine. My depression started after some horrible things happened in my family and it paralyzed me. I didn't want to do anything anymore. I wanted to be left alone. I finally feel happy again. I have been on Zoloft. That worked but I gained too much weight. Effexor didn't really help and Wellbutrin did nothing. This one made a huge difference and quickly. I had diarrhea the first day of each new dose but it quickly went away. No other side effects. I am also sleeping much better. The bottom line is, everyone is so completely different. It is all trial and error.

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 25, 2014 9:58 PM

Review by 45/male/married w/children (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: This medication simply saved my life. Addiction took me down a dangerous path - hiding bottles, attempting to obtain more prescription pain killers, doing it all at night to hide from wife/kids...long dark road for sure. 30 days intensive recovery in a facility, away from everyone just for me, AA meeting and my doctor put me on anti-depressants that just made me groggy, disoriented and volatile at times. Changed a few times till we hit Viibryd. Absolutely amazing from the first few days. 40mg and sometimes a tad more when the waves of irrationality come. Mostly even sailing. Life is enjoyable, work is productive and I am totally plugged back into everyone's life at home. No issues with side effects at all.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2014 8:34 AM

Review by Stace' (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Very positive...been on it 40 mg now and I feel like a very different person, 38 yrs of major gray heavy depression has vanished. I now live in my day not to just get through it.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 4, 2014 8:43 PM

Review by Ambwee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I've been on so many anti depressants. I can't even tell you how many I've tried and none of them had any effect or very little. My doctor started me out on sample pack of Viibryd and gave me a few packs of the 40mg to last me until she gets back from out of the country. I've been on it for a month now and it's been amazing. I have schizoaffective disorder with major depression, panic disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. Viibyrd is amazing. I feel so much better already. I never got any of the side effects other people experienced. It's been nothing but pleasant for me. My mood, energy, everything has gotten so much higher than it has been in years. I'm so excited about my future now. I have so many dreams that I feel like I can now accomplish and I'm very optimistic now.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2014 3:04 AM

Review by Lizsmiles (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Viibryd has honestly changed my life for the better. I've had depression and anxiety for 5 years. I was going to therapy (and I still do), but it was recommended I try some medication because I was not really feeling any better and I was very hesitant. I did 5mg for 2 weeks, 10mg for a week, 20mg for a week, and now I'm on 40mg. I experience NO side effects. No diarrhea or nausea like most people have at the beginning. Not only did my anxiety come under control when I started the 20mg, but I feel happy now. My sex drive has been normal and I've actually lost weight since I started Viibryd since I don't have the urge to eat everything now. It's definitely worth a try.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2014 10:46 PM

Review by Phosfate (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I was one if the unlucky ones, and experienced a ton of negative side effects from Viibriyd: sleep paralysis, falls, insomnia, increased anxiety/panic, loss of concentration, a carnival of digestive effects, dizziness, loss of appetite, forgetfulness, etc. Each increase in dosage made the side effects worse. If I'd had a fraction of my usual judgment I would have asked to be taken off of it after the first week. I'm currently tapering off, and for me, the withdrawal symptoms are totally preferable to the side effects. Viibryd is great for a lot of people, and that's awesome. If it is making you feel worse than when you started, stay in close contact with your doctor and do not hesitate to question whether you should stay on it.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 19, 2014 11:33 PM

Review by RajTheMaharajah:

For Depression: I'm a 70 year old male, in excellent physical shape, and retired. Problem is a depression and bipolar-2 condition, both of which have haunted me pretty much my entire life. In 1994, my depression became just unbearable, and I started on Prozac...it worked for a while...then it didn't...then we tried something else...then something else...you get the drift. My doctor and I decided to try Viibryd; this is day 10 and I'm taking 10 mg in the morning. This medicine is life changing. Best news is I don't feel any sexual side-effects--actually, my sex-drive seems somewhat on the increase. Who's complaining about that?

February 14, 2014 5:23 AM

For Depression: In 3 days, I felt better. Titrated to 40mg. The medicine turned evil. My heart pounding with strong palpitations. As I was falling asleep, had feeling of leaving my body & hovering over myself being awake in a horrifying world that seemed absolutely real. Sleep paralysis. Dr. added beta-blocker for heart. Gained 21lbs in 6wks. Decided to stop it. Dr. said go from 40-20. I couldn't do that suddenly-I needed to go down slowly. I went from 40-30mg. Night terrors lessened. Went to 25, then 20. Felt good at 20; heart calmed down for a few days. Thought I'd stay at 20 but then the evil again. 18, 15, 10, 5, 3mg. It's taken over a month to come off it. 1st day without it. Feel down & edgy. Started Wellbutrin.

February 12, 2014 11:55 AM

Review by Joshs (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: Well, started to get panic attacks about 1.5 years ago (after the loss of our first unborn child). I was put on Paxil (20m) first which worked great but killed sex drive. Got switched to Viibryd (40m) and stayed on it for about 5-6 months. Quit because it made me tired all of the time and thought mentally I had figured out how to control the Panic Attacks without meds. That worked for about 2 months until they came back with a vengeance. Got back on it and just been taking (20mg), I haven't lost the weight (50lbs) but haven't actually made it to the gym to try. I still feel tired all of the time, coupled with a 10 month old baby girl, but I haven't had to take any Clonazepam to fight off an attack since I got back on. Works for me.

February 10, 2014 5:03 PM

Review by RVKientz:

For Depression: These reviews have confirmed what I've been thinking for a few months now. I've been waking up at 3 am like clock work, I'm irritated at the smallest things, gained 20 lbs and just feel down all the time. I was on Effexor and Zoloft for years until they stopped working for me so my Dr tried me on Viibryd. Worst move ever. I want to beat my fists against everything and everyone. Going to see him next week and demanding to be changed to something else.

February 5, 2014 5:21 AM

Review by dpaw9212:

For Depression: I'd switched to Viibryd from Effexor XR October 21,2013. Transition was fine, 10 mg dose for a week I felt great..better than in years..up to 20, amazing..few side effects, soft multiple stools..not much more. Was going to stay at 20mg until I started having random anxiety attacks throughout the day. So took it to 40mg..what a nightmare! I turned bipolar, paranoid, and more anxiety. Back down to 20mg, was better for a bit, but now I have diarrhea daily and having 3am panic attacks. Seeing doctor this week, getting off Viibryd..sigh. I really wanted this one to work.

February 1, 2014 4:34 PM

Review by Mo1234:

For Depression: I have been taking 20 mg for about 2 months and it is great for me. It helps my bi- polar depression and anxiety.

January 26, 2014 9:15 PM

Review by Kdp43:

For Depression: I have taken many different SSRI's for over 30 years. All worked for quite a while, but then I have to be switched to something else. I have been taking Viibryd for 7 months and I am going to get off of it. I had some gastrointestinal issues at first, some awful, reoccurring realistic dreams, and withdrawal symptoms when I missed a dose by a few hours. Now I have become an angry person with frequent headaches. My depression is the worst it has ever been. 2% of the population will have problems with a medicine, so be aware that it might not occur when you first start taking Viibryd. My insurance would not cover Viibryd until I had a special consideration form submitted by my Doctor.

January 24, 2014 10:02 AM