User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Major Depressive Disorder 27 reviews 44 medications

7.9
Depression 324 reviews 75 medications

Summary of Viibryd reviews 351 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Viibryd

For Major Depressive Disorder "Diagnosed with Major Depression. Started using this drug after taking Lexapro, Zoloft and Elavil. I suffered from nausea when this medication was taken without food. I was told that I would experience diarrhea as an initial side effect; however, this became chronic. I missed one dose (after being on this medication and taking it consistently at the same time of day each day for four months) and had a major crying fit- to the extent that my nose started bleeding. I have been switched to Brintellix as the side effects of this medication were too extreme."

WED4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2015

For Depression "Viibryd worked wonders for me. I have to admit the first week was hell as it made me extremely anxious but after the transition I couldn't believe the difference it made. The only problem I ran into was insurance companies don't want to pay for it because it is expensive. I ended up having to switch to another drug that was not nearly as effective. I'm thinking about going back on Viibryd and paying for it out of pocket. I just have to ask myself what is happiness worth??"

Mark In Jeff May 20, 2015

For Depression "This was a terrible bad drug choice for me. I was impatient, aggressive and down right awful. I lost some really important relationships when I took that medication."

Depressed Dora (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2015

For Depression "This by far is the best anti-depressant I've been on. If you're looking for a medication that does NOT cause drowsiness or weight gain, this is for you. Normally they say it takes time to feel effects, but I felt alertness and motivation right away. I had more energy and a clearer mind, better concentration. The recommended dose is to incrementally increase 10mg-40mg, but I stayed at 20mg - too much caused RLS and mild insomnia. I too struggle with SAD and this medication has really helped me get through the winter blues. Lost 10 lbs on this medication as I felt less hungry. Remember: there are so many natural ways to help with depression as well and I recommend that you explore these too. Good luck!"

KristenR (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2015

For Depression "Minimal side effects (nausea for 2-4 days after each titration.) Activating, rather than sedating. Very effective for depression."

B-Hurd (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

For Depression "I have tried various antidepressants for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and Dysthymia. Only Paxil and Prozac have been mildly effective for the depressive aspect. Most of them have helped with the anxiety that often goes along with such conditions. Viibryd is the first medication that has been very effective for me. It lifted the fog and gloomy feeling and it increased my energy, focus, and alertness. I feel 10 years younger and fresher. In the beginning and with each titration there were some mild GI issues that lasted 2-4 days. There was some difficulty with sleep in the beginning and with each upward titration, but sleep eventually improved. Incidentally, Viibryd has also increased my libido."

B-Hurd (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

For Depression "I tried viibryd after being on citalopram for a year and a half to see if it would be better. I had no problems transitioning BUT I gained about 10 pounds in the first weeks I was on it full dosage. I NEVER fluctuate more than 1-2 lbs - have weighed the same for 10 years -- and despite eating less & exercising twice as much I couldn't lose the weight. After ~2 months I switched back to citalopram & lost all the weight in about 2 weeks. Without going to the gym."

Anonymous43546 April 18, 2015

For Depression "I was on Viibyrd for a month and was really gaining weight fast!!!! Doctor switched me to Brintellix 10 mg. I knew it was too strong for me so I dropped down to 5 mg. weights coming off and I feel so much better !!!!"

Cyd Marie April 10, 2015

For Depression "I took this medication when both of my parents died within 2 weeks. It worked really great for about a year. now I feel like it doesn't work like it used to and maybe my body's gotten used to it. But if you ever miss a dose you have extreme nightmares. So I am scared to go to sleep without taking it and thinking about maybe trying something new."

J.l.J April 2, 2015

For Depression "After being on Prozac for many years I had a period of things going on in my life that were causing great stress and felt that maybe changing my antidepressants might help. Dr. put me on starter kit and wound up taking 40mg daily. For about a week I felt like a new person, then the nightmares started. So real I was afraid to go to sleep. Anyways I ended up being hospitalized 2 times just to get off of it and had to take meds to stop the nightmares. Needless to say my experience was horrible."

eariley (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2015

"I take Viibryd for depression and it works well for the depression, however, I have only been taking it for 3 months, and I have lost at least 65% of my hair. I know this is because of the Viibryd. My hair used to be extremely thick, and now it's a fine texture and over half of it has fallen out in the course of just a couple months. I am going to have to discontinue and hope that my hair grows back. "

gottles March 8, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Prescribed only by psychiatrists, Was weaned off Zoloft 200 mg, Effexor 225 mg & Amitriptyine 150 mg. Put on Viibryd 40 mg Oct 11. FDA approved Feb '11. Diagnosed w/ significant severe depression, severe anxiety & seasonal affective disorder Feb '01. 4 months after being on Viibryd, my psychotherapist of virtually weekly since Mar 01 said she could not believe the significant difference Viibryd had on me. 3 years & 4 months later, I laugh frequently, my silly personality is back [I'm very young appearing & acting age 61], I enjoy life, I talk much more. Still have bad days, still have bad cries - yet what a difference! A miracle drug! I'm grateful!"

Kimmy B March 3, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have bipolar, depression, anxiety, and I have been to mental hospitals with suicidal tendencies. I have tried many other medications, and have been on just viibryd for the last year now. Nothing in the past has helped me as much as viibryd has. I went from having anxiety and bipolar episodes to being able to control my outbursts. For people who say they take this medication and it does nothing I believe they may have not taken it long enough. Only adverse effects I have is diarrhea and if I miss a dose by a day I go thru withdrawals pretty bad. I reccomend this medication to every young adult I know!"

Anonymous March 3, 2015

For Depression "I'm a 45 yr old male tried Zoloft, lexapro but this medicine has made a huge difference in my overall mental state. I never thought I was depressed but I had severe anxiety and panic attacks to the point of almost passing out. High stress job and various changes the last year but this medicine is wonderful. I notice the gas issue and stomach issues but nothing really that bad or intolerable. My thoughts raced a little at the beginning but I'm 3 weeks in and honestly noticed feeling better within the 1st week. I still want sex everyday so its good in that department!"

La Man (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2015

For Depression "I have BPD, anxiety disorder, and agoraphobia. This medicine didn't do much for me. I got all of the side effects but none of the relief. I am only giving it a mid-line rating because I can't seem to tell if the medicine didn't help or if I am just more depressed/stressed lately."

raylee February 20, 2015

For Depression "I had underlying anxiety - constantly wanting to hide in bed - random crying - high intensity job - mind wouldn't shut off. Told doctor - she said this had helped many clients - by my 2nd day on 1/4 of the largest pill size - I felt at ease and pretty carefree. My life is 75% easier to take and I'm able to get through life with a smile. Very happy. "

Califgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 11, 2015

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Works great for me. No side effects."

Marigold15 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on a laundry list of other medications for major depressive disorder, Viibryd is the first one that has worked and actually saved me from myself! The only side effect I have every day is nausea, but I can deal with that because I finally feel normal and am able to cope with my depression, anxiety and anger."

pk082 January 29, 2015

"I'm a 36 year old male. I've been dealing with major anxiety and panic attacks for about 6 years. Been on benzos for as long as I can remember. I do tend to drink a couple of times a week and while taking benzodiazepines I would black out all the time. It almost ruined my life. Until one day about 4 months ago my doctor introduced me to Viibryd. It has changed my life. I've tried it all, Lexapro, Zoloft, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Zyprexa, and many others. Had many sexual side effects among others. The first week with Viibryd I had nausea. It's a good idea to eat before taking Viibryd. I now have very little if any panic attacks. They are easy to deal with and control now. I even drink on Viibryd. Though I'm sure it's not recommended."

Ren1978 January 25, 2015

For Depression "On 6th week of Viibryd. It starts with a jump. Then tapers down and up a bit; then levels off and is decently effective. It's more sedating than Cymbalta and its a pain to eat in the am. However, so far it's weight neutral and I'll see how it progresses in another month. Only side effects are gas, and touches of stomach digestive feelings. So far so good"

Kelef (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2015

For Depression "I have fought depression all my life-60 years. I have tried pretty much every medicine available. My care provider put me on 40 mg Viibryd and 100 mg Lamotrigine. After about 6 weeks I woke up and could face the day. I have the desire to live and no longer have to try to pull myself out of a deep pit every day. "

squidfish (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2015

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I experienced some side effects in the beginning of taking this medication. I tried two others prior to this and they failed so when I got onto this it helped me so much. I feel so much better and more energized then I have had in the past."

ShelbyC (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 11, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Viibryd for a month just finished my starter pack with dosages ranging from 10mg-40mg. This is the best medicine out there for me. I'm on top of things, being diagnosed with anxiety, Major Depression and ADD. I take numerous medications. This has been a life savor only side effects I've experienced is gas and diarrhea in the morning, I take mine at night to help with sleep since it makes me so groggy and fuzzy minded. I've been on 20 different medications and Viibryd has surpassed them all. I would recommend this to anyone with a major depression or obsessive compulsive disorder."

NW11677 January 8, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been taking Viibrid for 5 weeks, and my mood seems to be much more stable. It's nice to not have constant feelings of despair. The one problem it's giving me is extreme nausea and vomiting. Even so, the positive effects from Viibryd are great and I'm more than willing to keep taking it despite all the nausea."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2015

For Depression "I gave have severe depression for 15+ years and I've been on everything. Viibryd was great at first but at full dose of 40mg I have plateaued. I am more stable mood wise still struggling. I had high hopes and in general it's great due to the fewer side effects."

BrittMosh January 2, 2015