User Reviews for Zyprexa

Learn more about Zyprexa.

Borderline Personality Disorder 0 reviews 6 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tourette's Syndrome 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Zyprexa reviews 140 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Zyprexa

For Bipolar Disorder "If I could give this a zero rating I would...I was put on this medicine at 16 and it intensified all my issues.....It made me go into constant fits of rage and I gained almost 50 pounds...By far the worst medicine I've taken"

Marr June 25, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine is very effective for bipolar. Before this, I cannot sleep at night, because my mind race. Finally after taken this I feel wonderful and no depressed anymore.. The effect is weight gain, before this my weight just around 74 kg, now it went to 99 kg..."

Mica89 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 12, 2015

For Schizophrenia "Everything is worse so much worse this medicine has intensified everything and I have a ton of side effects"

Sick within well it's mine (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "For the amount of calmness I got from this drug, I was still physically alert and able. That's more than can say for most antipsychotics. It helped me sleep, and the following day my anxieties were lessened. I also found weird glimmers of hope in things, that had to be my depression lifting. It's a miracle to me. However, I gained 20 pounds in one month, and the doctor saw that as a reason to get me off the drug. Food had this crazy magnetism about it; it quickly became the most valuable thing on the planet, and I was having cravings for food unlike anything I've ever craved. If you can take the drug without binge eating, congratulations, because it works. Still, most people on this are overweight."

Steve Stevenson (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I've been on zyprexa since 2006. Although it causes weight gain, I've decided to weight train or do cardio for an hour every day, which is helping. The weight can continue, but from my experience, it was only when I was inactive. I also feel a little sedated but that doesn't keep me from doing things. The hallucinations are about 90% gone. Overall, zyprexa works for me as it's one of the two drugs that worked because most of the other drugs I tried were not effective, reacted with my skin, or did nothing."

chocobo (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2015

For Paranoid Disorder "Helped in the beginning of the first few weeks,but later my mood became more paranoid. I'm not saying this medicine will make you paranoid, but it doesn't work for me. Plus it does make you gain weight like 40lbs. in 8 weeks."

JimB56985 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 15, 2015

For Paranoid Disorder "It was OK. I gained alot of weight on it. I went from 210 to 255pounds in four months. Didn't help my suspicious behavior. I think Seroquel XR was a better drug for me, but I had to take a very high dose of Seroquel XR. I'm considering asking the doctor to put me on an old psychotic med like Prolixin. I have had some good results but I stopped the meds early because I was afraid of all the side effects especially tardia dys."

ClarkGabel (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2015

For Insomnia "This medicine is a God send. I've tried every sleeping pill in the book (Ambien, Trazodone, Seroquel, Elavil, ETC.) None of them would keep me asleep the whole night. 10mg of this and I sleep like a baby and don't have the racing thoughts. Only problem is it's real hard to get out of bed and get moving."

nicsnice33 (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed as bipolar in 1987.I've always been treatment resistant. Nothing and I mean no meds have ever helped me before.I've tried everything over the years only to have bad side effects and no relief. ECT was actually being recommended to me then my Dr put me on a Zyprexa/ Prozac combination and for the first time in my life I've gotten relief from my symptoms and no side effects. I can finally think clearly. I feel like a totally new person a much better one."

LocaWhetta March 24, 2015

For Depression "I am in shock as to the MIRACLE of Olanzipine. A 2 year severe depression, with extreme anxiety, insomnia, and paranoia DISAPEARED the first week on this medicine. Before, my depression was so bad, I stopped brushing my hair, I could barely function, my sadness so profound. After 1 week on Zyprexa, I am finally back to myself, taking good care of myself, sadness is 90% gone, smiling again!"

TheGoodWife42 March 22, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I gained 100 lbs but slept well and felt mentally ok"

Mecrazy March 10, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Zyprexa is the only antipsychotic that doesn’t make me feel like a zombie! I kept my personality and my energy. It almost feels like I don’t take an antipsychotic. I take 7.5 mg, because my psychiatrist told me that when you take less then 10 mg daily, the risk of metabolic syndrome is low. It’s very good for treating mania and it augments the effect of my antidepressant. The only downside is that it’s a little bit difficult to wake up."

bipolar12345 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 8, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "The olanzapine works for me. I sleep at night and my thoughts rarely race now. And it is so wonderful not to feel depressed. If it wasn't for the weight gain, I would give it a ten."

bluemoose (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2015

For Depression "I don't have as many crying spells as I used to."

Aspergal (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 13, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking Zyprexa for 14 years, my new doctor took me off in October and I was a mess in Dec. Now Feb back on for a month and I feel better. Doc is worried about long time effects, she wants to try quitting again in 6 months. I don't know but I'm stable on Zyprexa. I'm fine and mess without it. I'm Bi-polar."

Gregg1 February 4, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine works really well as a mood stabilizer for me. The only MAJOR drawback is weight gain. I just can't control myself when the carb cravings happen. I am usually very much in control of my dietary habits, but on Zyprexa that just isn't possible. I also suffer from schizoaffective disorder and hear voices. Although Zyprexa suppresses them, it does not completely get rid of them in my case; they are quiet enough to tolerate though. I have gained 35 pounds in less than about a month and a half. I am going to wean off of these and ask the psych-doc for something else."

Jaded1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2014

For Insomnia "I went to a psychiatrist for sleep meds and was prescribed 5 mg. Zyprexa. It helped me sleep but as soon as I stopped taking the medicine after two weeks, I experienced severe insomnia, sweating, palpitation, agitation depression and agitation. I had to be put back on it to to stabilize. I am now taking 7.5 mg. I don't like the effect on me and I will try to taper off of this medicine. I wish I had known about the side effects and widthrawal symptoms of this medicine. "

Sugaray0212 December 25, 2014

For Depression "Had a few psychotic episode few years ago, was hospitalized and was put on Zyprexa and a few other meds. I was diagnosed with BPD (borderline personality disorder), major depression and fibromyalgia. I felt hungry all the time and gained 70lbs, my dose was 20mg a day plus I was on other meds, finally was weaned off all other meds as the months went by. I cannot say my hunger and weight gain was completely due to Zyprexa but I do know that I now take only 5mg a day, at night, sleep well, hunger is normal and I have lost weight with good healthy choices and exercise. I no longer have depression and life has never been better. Zyprexa, therapy, exercise, support and nutrition has saved my life."

lovemylifeforever December 13, 2014

For Insomnia "This medicine is the best sleep aid I have found. I tried Ambien and it made me crazy. I can sleep with Zyprexa and wake up the next morning with no side effects. I just have to make sure I take it early in the evening. If I take it too late, it will make me groggy in the morning. Unlike some of the reports I have heard, it doesn't effect my weight at all."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 10, 2014

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Zyprexa- It is not a sedating medicine at all. It does nothing for anxiety and paranoia. It is extremely effective for panic and depression problems though. That's the only thing I commend this medicine for. The weight gain for this medicine is worse than any other psychiatric medicine. It to me, feels like an acute medicine for panic attacks but that's all I would say it's beneficial towards. The trick to this medicine is it is not sedating, but it stops the central nervous system from freaking out, but you don't actually feel sedated or calmer from it."

Corksters (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2014

For Depression "Taking 10mg of Zyprexa for lst month. Has calmed me but weight gain and night sweats are the downsides."

Beans99 November 17, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "Had a break down at age 15 and eventually got on Zyprexa. Like everybody else said I gained about 30-40 pounds, could be very sleepy sometimes, but it completely stopped the voices I was hearing for the past 8 months. It gave me my life back. Just kinda woke up feeling normal after being on the medicine for a few days. It was amazing. Was on 10mg at the highest and worked all the way down to 2.5mg over the next year. Had a prayer service at my church (Doctor was ok with us taking a trial run off medicines since I had been doing well on a low dose for the past few months) and now have been off meds and completely fine for over 10 years now. Very thankful. "

JAM87 October 21, 2014

For Schizophrenia "Kept my schizophrenia in check but way too sedating. Gained 20 pounds in 6 months, hard to wake up in morning, going to try something else."

Rivvi98 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2014

For Schizoaffective Disorder "It made my delusions disappear but made me gain weight and I still experience some paranoia, though I'm on 5mg once a day which is a low dosage (won't increase it since I don't want to gain more weight)"

June6743 August 30, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "Made me really psychotic."

Debbbiiieee (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2014