User Reviews for Zyprexa

Learn more about Zyprexa.

Borderline Personality Disorder 1 reviews 6 medications

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 3 reviews 13 medications

5.3
Summary of Zyprexa reviews 171 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Zyprexa

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on zyprexa for 5 days so far. I have been taking 2.5mg and I think I need to up the dose now to 5mg as it feels like it is wearing off. this medication is doing wonders for me, it is great! I can finally have 8 hours of un-disturbed sleep. Prior to commencing this medication, I was suffering from severe symptoms of mania such as insomnia, loss of appetite, high energy levels, psychotic symptoms (hearing voices, derealisation, making weird connections & magical experiences), making new plans, reckless spending & driving, new ideas, taking on too many tasks, agitation. the medication has calmed all of these symptoms. zyprexa is a god send for me. only side effect I have is low blood pressure from it."

Nataaaaalieee (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

For Depression "Was on Zyprexa from Mar 2015 till Aug 2015. At first it seemed like it was mellowing me out a bit, and I could sleep through the whole night, which was an improvement. After a few months I noticed my depression was getting much worse. Came off the drug cold turkey, and went through one of the most serious withdrawals one could face. Depression, severe anxiety, PTSD, night terrors took over. To this day Apr 2016, I have still not returned to the way I was before I started taking this horrible drug. Depression and anxiety are still bad, not as bad as 6 mos ago, but still worse than when I first started taking it. I'm convinced this drug can cause permanent brain damage."

rb1979 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2016

For Insomnia "It's Definetely was a love/hate relationship with Zyprexa. I have tried virtually every sleep drug available, and it was one of the best because it not only put me to sleep, but it also KEPT me asleep for 8 hours. Started at 2.5mg, then 5mg, & eventually 7.5. It did take a long time to kick in though, so I had to take it 2 hours before bedtime. But like everybody who takes this, I gained weight. But I found the 1 way you can actually lose weight on this drug, which is to combine exercise with Atkins diet (low carb). Zyprexa gives you metabolic syndrome. You no longer burn carbs, which means all carbs you eat becomes body fat, which is why you become fat on this stuff (so you have to stop eating carbs). I got off this drug after 1 year."

Chronic Insomniac (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 27, 2016

For Insomnia "I have been prescribed Zyprexa 10mg just two days ago. It was prescribed for insomnia and an extra medication for my depression. I have not slept as well as I was told I would. I have had major restlessness in my legs and arms to where I haven't slept well at all. I have felt very drowsy during the day. I have also tried Ambein which also gave me restlessness in my legs. Not sure if this is right one for me either. Maybe I just need more time? I have noticed I am eating more throughout the day. Not worried about that so much since I need to put on some weight."

Sleepy Lady March 24, 2016

For Borderline Personality Disorder "Extremely helpful when used as needed for extreme rage or fear, it re-balances my perspective and helps me keep in touch with reality. However when I used Zyprexa daily it did not help as much."

Aroehed (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 24, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Stops dead on track those manic/depressive crisis moments. And I love the hunger it gives me. Great pill for me. My AP of choice. Always take this with .5 or 1 mg of clonazepam. ;-)"

corvohunter (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Very effective medication if you can handle the side effects. I gained over 100 pounds from this medication. But the medication does work. That's why I am still on it. I now get a Zyprexa injection once a month (used to get it twice a month) and I take an oral tablet at night before bed. I take a Topamax pill now so I don't gain as much weight anymore. The other side effect is fatigue and lethargy but it's worth the side effects to stay stable and out of the hospital."

Bipolar type Schizzoaffective (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication has made me extremely tired! I feel like I've lost all of my motivation. I am a teacher and a coach and find it extremely hard to get myself "up" to do these things. I am very tired in the morning and its not until late at night that I start to feel like myself again. Only in time to take the medication again and start the process over. It has taken away some anxiety symptoms and helped me sleep (a bit too much) but I feel down a lot because I feel like I lost my passion. I am slowly coming off of it and look forward to getting back to feeling like myself again. I empathize with people on this medication."

Jbazz123 February 12, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine sucked! I was asleep all the time, all day long! Couldn't function in school, couldn't function at work. I was tired all the time and was eating every food that I saw in front of me. If I could give 0 stars to this medication I would."

laluluke (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Zyprexa for about six months. It takes a long time to work (about five months), but when it does you feel much better. I had to struggle with suicidal thoughts for several months before it started working. You HAVE to take this if you are bipolar. Do NOT stop taking it, and have hope. If you are down or up and are reading this then you have to remember suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary mood. I know the struggle, and Zyprexa will help if you keep taking it."

joru819 February 4, 2016

For Schizophrenia "An amazing medication considering the earlier antiphsycotics available, I think its more expensive that could effect availability. I do suffer from shaky hands but its the only side effect noticed.I take 20mg at night, it doesn't make me sleepy, no weight gain or hangover effect. Don't increase the dose it doesn't help it just gives restless legs and I was informed a dangerous to increase"

Nutty Rich (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "My mother has a bipolar disorder..I just admitted it last month. She suffers from manic depression for a year then after a year depression occurred..most of the time she does embarrassing things "

eya (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I was prescribed Zyprexa as a one pill cure for my OCD, Insomnia, Anxiety, And Manic Mood Disorder. I am steadily increasing the Zyprexa dosage starting with 2.5mg. At 5mg I can state that my OCD is practically gone. I still have the desire to keep things orderly, but I am not getting frustrated or angry. I can now leave things to do for another day without obsessing over and over in my mind. No changes for the Insomnia or Anxiety at this dosage. I will post as the dosage increases and the symptoms are relieved. I have no negative effects to report at 5mg Zyprexa."

RowdyB88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking zyprexa 5 grams...a day..and I don't get any affects from pill? It keeps me mellow but not tired like everyone says? Kinda helps with mood swings..but not really! At least not for me?"

meegy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I take gabapentin, and when I started it, I felt like I had finally found the miracle..but after a year it quit working. After this recent stay in the psych unit, My Doctor put me on Zyprexa 5mgs in the am, 10 mgs at night and it has been a Godsend..I feel so even, I sleep soundly, and wake up without no hangover, ready to take on the world. I have been eating like a pig, but I"m working on controlling that, and eating fruit and yogurt vs. cinnamon rolls and candy...The only drawback is I fear one day it will stop working. Overall, gabapentin and Zyprexa have been lifesavers!"

Zee-Zee November 10, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been talking zyprexa for about for about 2 weeks now. Family says they can tell a big difference. Mornings are a little hard to get motivated, but I also take Ritalin for add. So that helps me get going. Falling asleep easily and staying asleep. No more racing thoughts or depression. My anxiety is more under control. It does give me craving for food, but I have controlled it so far. I take 5 mg daily.so far so good."

sc hopefully November 8, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I took Zyprexa for 14 years, and it stabilized my psychotic, auditory hallucinations of my bipolar I disorder. I was able to function in normal, social settings (church, friends, family, marriage and dating, even work) without having to deal with the voices I heard in my head when I was not on the medication. Unfortunately for me, the drug outlived it's usefulness, in my body's system ,right at the 14 year mark. I say "unfortunate" because I became so used to the drug's effectiveness, that I thought it would last me for the rest of my life, but as I look back, now, I'm happy to have had the time I did on Zyprexa. The side effects for me were minimal, and I am now stabilized on other meds. Zyprexa also worked well Depakote."

dukemangbob (taken for 10 years or more) November 6, 2015

For Paranoid Disorder "Not bad"

Neil long (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2015

For Depression "Sure this med can keep depression at bay but it can also cause some really horrible side effects. After being on this med for 1 yr I went from being a healthy 170 lbs (women's size 12) to 250 lbs (size 20). It made me so lethargic and tired. I would sleep for 14 hours a day and still be dragging out of bed. About 2 months ago was the final straw. I got blood work done by my GP and my triglycerides were through the roof as well as elevated blood sugar. The doc was ready to put me on meds for diabetes! I'm only 25 and I just wanted my health back so last week I went to a new doc who got me off this horrible stuff. I feel like a new person without this toxic med in my body. Now on Viibryd."

beedoose November 4, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with bipolar manic depressive , acute anxiety, depression, ocd , borderline personality, and post traumatic stress syndrome, when I was 21... postpartum depression triggered something, I was constantly agitated and angry, and sad, .I would wake up angry, and cry allll day...my Dr prescribed me 20 mg zyprexa and I swear to you I was terrified, that it would take 4 to 6 weeks to really work (I didn't have 4 to 6 weeks to wait , I felt...) I was nearly over the edge completely, constantly thinking suicide, I took my first dose of zyprexa and the very next morning I woke up wonderful!!! I still get upset , but not like before, this medicine was truly a miracle for me"

Bi polar manic depressive (taken for 10 years or more) November 2, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Zyprexa has been a life-saver. I was literally to the brink of suicide because of my Major Depression, Generalized Anxiety, slight Bipolar II, OCD, PTSD, and Depersonalization/Derealization. I have been on it for about a week and I feel complete difference already. No more night terrors, no more worry about the littlest things, no more feeling anxious around people, and no more not feeling like my bad self again. I feel the best I've felt in 2 years cause of this! All my symptoms have gone away with little sode effects, despite the weight gain and a lethargy an hour after taking it. I take at night, 5 mgs, I may start taking 2.5 mgs in the morning to help the morning edge off. I heard allot about the diabetes, hope it doesn't happen to me."

DPDR Guy (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "It's day two on this med. I started it to treat my focus, depression, anxiety and paranoia. It's been good so far. I am hoping to increase my dose to 10mg in a week. Hopefully things keep getting better. I am on lithium ability Paxil gabapentin and zyprexa. Seems to be a great combo for me."

Kretsim October 17, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I am 5'3" tall and weigh 94lbs. I was prescribed several different antidepressants over a span of ten years along with Klonopin 1mg tid and Remeron 45mgs at bedtime for anxiety. I finally decided to see a Psychiatrist and she put me on 2.5mg of Zyprexa at bedtime. Just one dose and I was a completely different person! I woke up rested, smiling, happy, energized and a sense of well being again! This drug was like night and day for me! I am now on day 5 and I just keep feeling better! I am doing things I never dreamed I would and was able to get the job I've always wanted! For me, Zyprexa has truly changed my life and I hope it helps others the way it has helped me! The only side effect I've had is increased appetite (which I needed). :)"

S.NewMe (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug caused me a lot of problems. At first it made my mania go away, but after a month on it I developed very stiff muscles. I was given cogentin but that didn't help, and after two months I became very spaced out and my family said I was saying some weird stuff but I couldn't remember. My pdoc finally took me off zyprexa after 4 months when I showed her how stiff my muscles had become ( walking a block was a chore) and told her my leg would start twitching by itself. Overall horrible experience."

Tkv (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2015

For Schizophrenia "Was hospitalized after psychotic break proscribed Zyprexa 20mg at first the medicine was ok my paranoia and schizophenic thoughts went away. But after about two weeks i started to notice the side affects weight gain was the most obvious gained 40 pounds in two months and sleep i was sleeping 9-12 hours a night it was difficult to wake up in the morning. During the day i felt unmotivated and at work i had no energy even after drinking an energy drink.lowerd my dose to 5mg it didnt make difference. after about 6 months i had enough decided to try an other medication now i fell much better. bottom line Zyprexa was the worst med ive ever tried.If you want to try this med beware you will gain weight."

Goodfella90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2015