User Reviews for Zyprexa

Learn more about Zyprexa.

Borderline Personality Disorder 0 reviews 6 medications

Tourette's Syndrome 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Zyprexa reviews 117 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Zyprexa

Review by June6743:

For Schizoaffective Disorder: It made my delusions disappear but made me gain weight and I still experience some paranoia, though I'm on 5mg once a day which is a low dosage (won't increase it since I don't want to gain more weight)

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 30, 2014 11:00 AM

Review by Debbbiiieee (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: Made me really psychotic.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 11:22 AM

Review by danand2006 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: I would give Zyprexa a 10 rating except for the weight gain. I have bipolar 1 and have a lot more mania than depression. I have psychotic symptoms also and racing thoughts a lot. It did make me very tired the first couple of weeks but then it worked perfect except for the weight gain so I am not on it anymore.

March 8, 2014 2:03 PM

Review by tried everything (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: Would give this a 10. Have tried every anxiety/depression, SSRIs and MAOIs, etc. out there. One day on this and I felt wonderful, like I woke up as a new normal person. Yes you may gain a lot of weight but only if you eat carbs. You just cannot take this and eat chips, candy, etc. Lean meats, proteins and veg and you will have NO problems, the effect is worth it. If you can put the fork down, it can change your life. My Dr. warned me about the potential for weight gain, but told me he thought I had the willpower to resist the cravings to eat junk, which I did. Try it.

January 10, 2014 9:40 PM

Review by jigsrybv:

For Bipolar Disorder: I have bipolar 1 disorder. Started with 5mg Zyprexa, now am on 7.5mg at night. I find it really helps me with my moods. Some of the side effects for me are swollen ankles, weight gain and sedative effect throughout the day.

December 12, 2013 10:48 PM

Review by Panda_Bear101 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: This drug did its job. It stopped any mood swings for the most part, but the biggest downside was that I bloated up and slept heavily. I put on maybe, 10-20kgs whilst on this drug (I was on it for 2 years). Effective nontheless.

November 2, 2013 7:38 AM

Review by Renay224:

For Depression: I have been on this medicine for about 3 weeks now. I wake up hungry, drenched in sweat, and have also gained 15 pounds. Im thinking about getting off this medication. I have also had crying spells, irritability, and mood swings, then some other days I have felt fine. Its weird. I'm going to give it a few more weeks, and if nothing improves as far as my moods i will get off of it.

October 22, 2013 6:55 PM

Review by krystle24:

For Bipolar Disorder: I have been on 5mg tablet for almost 2 yrs. I started off on one tab a night then cut my dose down to half tab, currently taking 1/4 tab during the day because I always miss my alarm if I take it at night. I over sleep way to much, always tired, brain feels foggy. I've gained 30 pounds and its getting harder to take it off. I'm always hungry and always thirsty. It helps with behaviors. I still flip out but way less often.

September 25, 2013 8:28 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: I used Zyprexa (2.5mg) at night for insomnia caused by anxiety and obsessive thoughts. It is the only thing that helped me sleep that is not addictive and actually worked. It also helped my appetite because when I don't sleep well I don't feel like eating much either. This medication helped with that also. Unfortunately I cannot use it often because it causes my blood sugar to shoot up sky high and I don't like the risk of tardive dyskinesia. I only take a very small dose when I haven't slept in awhile.

September 17, 2013 5:10 AM

Review by Darrend1:

For Depression: I've tried many medications for depression, and I haven't felt this normal in 25 years thanks to Zyprexa.

September 5, 2013 9:51 PM

Review by Kasey1994:

For Bipolar Disorder: I am a 19 yo girl and I have bipolar disorder 2 and suffer anxiety and depression, so my doctor prescribed 10mg Zyprexa daily. I had HORRIBLE side effects. In four months I gained 20kg, developed cystic acne and my thinking was slow and foggy. Any self confidence I had or pride in my appearance evaporated completely. The worst part is I still had the anxiety and the depression (although I didn't expect an antipsychotic to help with depression). I'm so glad I'm not on it anymore. Zyprexa was definitely not for me.

August 13, 2013 9:52 AM

Review by ms pimpin thang (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: I have literally been on every medication you can think of. Prozac, Zoloft, Geodon, Haldol, Effexor, Risperdal, Abilify, Xanax, clonazepam and the list doesn't stop but Zyprexa did it! None of them seemed to help until I tried Zyprexa! I do not have to take anxiety medicines anymore because somehow Zyprexa took care of that also and my anxiety used to be so bad.

June 27, 2013 5:01 PM

Review by Katzendame:

For Bipolar Disorder: It's great for anxiety and moods. It's helped a lot. Only bad thing is weight gain. I have gone up 2 dress sizes, craving a lot of junk food as well.

June 7, 2013 3:42 AM

Review by kestrel28 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: I started taking Zyprexa over two years ago for intrusive thoughts I was having as a result of Obsessive compulsive disorder/depression. While the Zyprexa helped remove intrusive thinking, it added about thirty pounds onto my slender frame, made me severely tired, and took away my sex drive. In addition to these adverse effects, I was unmotivated/uninterested in many activities that used to give me pleasure. I had a "so what" attitude about life in general. All because of this medicine. What really frightened me about taking this was my cholesterol went sky high, and my blood sugar was also very high, making me an at risk candidate for diabetes. I am finally off of this.

May 25, 2013 5:27 AM

Review by Crawling (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: I loved this medicine, it stabilized me, helped me sleep without being too drowsy but sadly I have had to be moved off because I gained 4 stone. But that is the only side effect I had.

April 5, 2013 4:00 AM

Review by DirtyDrew (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Got hospitalized. upped to 10mg morning and evening. This dose has helped my symptoms. I've had blackouts, and panic attacks and sex problems with every other atypical out there. Zyprexa is great. Only negative is gaining weight fast, while being slightly sedating, which makes it harder to exercise.

March 28, 2013 10:20 PM

Review by gertie67:

For Schizoaffective Disorder: Medication was effective treating symptoms but caused increased appetite resulting in extreme weight gain (over 40 pounds).

March 24, 2013 11:32 AM

Review by DirtyDrew (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: 10mg Zyprexa gave me insomnia due to restless legs. It had minimal impact on my symptoms. I gained 30lb in a matter of weeks.

March 11, 2013 12:03 PM

Review by whereswally (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Feeling heaps better about life and alot calmer only thing is I feel hungry all the time and have put on 4 kilos in one week!! Dont know what to do about that...

March 6, 2013 5:45 AM

Review by kim from sydney (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Schizophrenia: I take Zoloft, Zyprexa and dothiepin. All very effective.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2013 9:10 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: I tried this after Risperidone (which gave me dyskensia) and Seroquel. It works and makes me tired (when I was a teenager I used it as a sleeping pill). Lots of weight gain though.

December 21, 2012 11:15 PM

Review by prestes (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: I have been taking Zyprexa for over a month and it just recently started making me sleep over 14+hours a night. I am tired and unmotivated. The anxiety has slowed way down but is not completely gone. I take 5mg per night and I also take Ativan 3 times a day.

December 17, 2012 1:04 PM

For Schizoaffective Disorder: Doing wonders for me. Only problem I find is it makes my mouth extremely dry. I take it 3 times a day and I am fine all day. It doesn't make me too sleepy and I am still able to go to sleep at night with no problem.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 5, 2012 5:55 PM

For Bipolar Disorder: When I was diagnosed as bipolar I was put on Zyprexa. I took it 3 times a day and it was great at eliminating my mania, depression, and anxiety symptoms. However I had two side effects, I would get tired and I gained over 100 pounds over 12 years. So my doctor suggested lithium and I am on that now and doing fine and I have lost 30 pounds in 4 months.

December 4, 2012 4:50 PM

Review by Steven12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Schizophrenia: I have tried many meds Seroquel, Risperidone, Abilify. Seroquel have me peeing all night long, burning sensation like urinary tract infection. Abilfy sex was good but give me anxiety, fast heart rate, light headed feeling, fainting and insomnia. So far Zyprexa is the best for me. Sex is ok, having problem with sensual sensation, dizzy sometime. Now I am on 2.5 mg I still feel dizzy even without it you feel better if you take the pill. Weight gain 30lb. Triglyceride high.

December 1, 2012 12:39 PM