User Reviews for Zyprexa (Page 4)

Learn more about Zyprexa.

Major Depressive Disorder 4 reviews 47 medications

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 3 reviews 13 medications

5.3
Summary of Zyprexa reviews 174 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Zyprexa

For Bipolar Disorder "10mg Zyprexa gave me insomnia due to restless legs. It had minimal impact on my symptoms. I gained 30lb in a matter of weeks."

DirtyDrew (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2013

For Depression "Feeling heaps better about life and alot calmer only thing is I feel hungry all the time and have put on 4 kilos in one week!! Dont know what to do about that..."

whereswally (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2013

For Schizophrenia "I take Zoloft, Zyprexa and dothiepin. All very effective."

kim from sydney (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 10, 2013

For Insomnia "I tried this after Risperidone (which gave me dyskensia) and Seroquel. It works and makes me tired (when I was a teenager I used it as a sleeping pill). Lots of weight gain though."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking Zyprexa for over a month and it just recently started making me sleep over 14+hours a night. I am tired and unmotivated. The anxiety has slowed way down but is not completely gone. I take 5mg per night and I also take Ativan 3 times a day."

prestes (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Doing wonders for me. Only problem I find is it makes my mouth extremely dry. I take it 3 times a day and I am fine all day. It doesn't make me too sleepy and I am still able to go to sleep at night with no problem."

Anonymous December 5, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "When I was diagnosed as bipolar I was put on Zyprexa. I took it 3 times a day and it was great at eliminating my mania, depression, and anxiety symptoms. However I had two side effects, I would get tired and I gained over 100 pounds over 12 years. So my doctor suggested lithium and I am on that now and doing fine and I have lost 30 pounds in 4 months."

Anonymous December 4, 2012

For Schizophrenia "I have tried many meds Seroquel, Risperidone, Abilify. Seroquel have me peeing all night long, burning sensation like urinary tract infection. Abilfy sex was good but give me anxiety, fast heart rate, light headed feeling, fainting and insomnia. So far Zyprexa is the best for me. Sex is ok, having problem with sensual sensation, dizzy sometime. Now I am on 2.5 mg I still feel dizzy even without it you feel better if you take the pill. Weight gain 30lb. Triglyceride high."

Steven12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2012

For Depression "Really helps with mood swings and made me calmer. It also made me gain 50lbs in 6months. It's extremely hard to control your weight on this pill."

Nessa94 November 22, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "After the first time I took Zyprexa, my head and legs felt like they weighed one tone each! I tried it for 2 weeks and this got worse! It increased my appetite a lot too. My dr is currently trying to find a medicine that works for me. Its so hard as I get a lot of strange side effects on these medicines!"

Anonymous November 7, 2012

For Depression "I take 5 mg of Zyprexa daily. I'm almost the entire day sleepy and have the feeling of doing nothing. I can not worry, because I have to sleep for about 15 hours daily. But I have tried everything out there, and this is the best at this moment."

hihityu October 15, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I found zyprexa to be quite effective however it made me very tired and unmotivated though. I was incredibly hungry all day. Only stayed on it for about a month and put on 7lbs. I am in the process of exploring different antipsychotics that are more weight friendly. Putting on weight was making me depressed and making me become more hostile because of it"

Anonymous October 15, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "Puerperal Psychosis: Made me incredibly hungry and then not even remember eating things! One time I ate 7 doughnuts in one night - I only know this because I found the empty packet the next morning. I have no memory of eating them. I put a lot of weight on doing this."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2012

For Schizophrenia "Got this medicine and was amazed at how I recovered. I wasn't paranoid, was relaxed and loved life. Until I kept taking it for a couple years and all the symptoms returned I now am withdrawing, which is a nightmare. "

Laserjik (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 23, 2012

For Insomnia "I do have really bad insomnia (for the past 6 years) but this was prescribed to me for daytime use to help keep me calm. It in no way makes me sleepy but works great for my ADHD. I have also gained nearly 10 pounds in only 2 weeks. I'm not a normal eater, usually I only eat dinner, but on this medicine I seem to have doubled what I would normally eat. I'm addressing that issue now. Good calming down medicine I must say."

mitelgoog (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "Works"

Anonymous August 15, 2012

For Schizophrenia "Controlled my thought process, moods and hallucinations, helped my insomnia."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I had a bad reaction to an anti-inflammatory misdiagnosed as bipolar and was put on this drug. It causes psychoses in someone wrongly put on it."

Anonymous July 13, 2012

For Paranoid Disorder "I was misdiagnosed, and wrongly put on this medicine. It causes psychosis in individuals inappropriately put on it. It took me ten years to find doctors who could say this was a possibility."

Anonymous July 13, 2012

For Schizophrenia "I take 7.5mg a day for schizophrenia, I have only been on this medicine for 5 weeks but it has helped me immensely with both negative and positive symptoms. I have gained weight but its a small price to pay for some peace of mind, honestly couldn't be more grateful for this medicine."

27yearoldmale June 19, 2012

For Paranoid Disorder "Zyprexa worked really well in terms of removing the paranoia and the suspiciousness. Made me normal within a period of 2-3 weeks. The only problem I feel with regard to this medicine is the weight gain issue. I think this medicine in combination with mirtazapine has made me put on weight in a few weeks. Yes, and also my prolactin level was well above the normal range. In the starting this made me tired and I had problems waking up on time. Apart from these few side effects it is a really good anti-psychotic."

Anonymous June 11, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "Bipolar I - I take Zyprexa, Lithium and Lamictal. Zyprexa is the only medicine that has controlled my severe depression part of my bipolar. It has changed my life. I am slightly hungrier but I'll take that over feeling so depressed."

Lotus68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Very good so far. Not nearly as sedating as Seroquel. Maybe a little more hungry, but also much more active, cycling, long walks etc., which is good."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I've been taking Zyprexa for 3 years, and it completely eliminates symptoms such as delusions, irrational thoughts, manic behavior associated with schizoaffective disorder. Biggest downside is high blood glucose levels (hyperglycemia), high lipid levels (hyperlipidemia) and weight gain of 80 lbs (from 180 lbs to 260 lbs in 3 years). "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2012

For Schizophrenia "Before I took Zyprexa I was hallucinating due to lack of sleep and exhaustion. While I was hospitalized I denied my medication and wouldn't take it but as soon as I took Zyprexa and Remeron my sleep got better. I stopped hallucinating & hearing things. Thanks to my medication I haven't been hospitalized for psychosis since I've been given Zyprexa."

DatMexicanLalo April 4, 2012