User Reviews for Zyprexa (Page 4)

Learn more about Zyprexa.

Major Depressive Disorder 4 reviews 46 medications

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 3 reviews 13 medications

5.3
Summary of Zyprexa reviews 163 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Zyprexa

For Bipolar Disorder "Puerperal Psychosis: Made me incredibly hungry and then not even remember eating things! One time I ate 7 doughnuts in one night - I only know this because I found the empty packet the next morning. I have no memory of eating them. I put a lot of weight on doing this."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2012

For Schizophrenia "Got this medicine and was amazed at how I recovered. I wasn't paranoid, was relaxed and loved life. Until I kept taking it for a couple years and all the symptoms returned I now am withdrawing, which is a nightmare. "

Laserjik (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 23, 2012

For Insomnia "I do have really bad insomnia (for the past 6 years) but this was prescribed to me for daytime use to help keep me calm. It in no way makes me sleepy but works great for my ADHD. I have also gained nearly 10 pounds in only 2 weeks. I'm not a normal eater, usually I only eat dinner, but on this medicine I seem to have doubled what I would normally eat. I'm addressing that issue now. Good calming down medicine I must say."

mitelgoog (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "Works"

Anonymous August 15, 2012

For Schizophrenia "Controlled my thought process, moods and hallucinations, helped my insomnia."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I had a bad reaction to an anti-inflammatory misdiagnosed as bipolar and was put on this drug. It causes psychoses in someone wrongly put on it."

Anonymous July 13, 2012

For Paranoid Disorder "I was misdiagnosed, and wrongly put on this medicine. It causes psychosis in individuals inappropriately put on it. It took me ten years to find doctors who could say this was a possibility."

Anonymous July 13, 2012

For Schizophrenia "I take 7.5mg a day for schizophrenia, I have only been on this medicine for 5 weeks but it has helped me immensely with both negative and positive symptoms. I have gained weight but its a small price to pay for some peace of mind, honestly couldn't be more grateful for this medicine."

27yearoldmale June 19, 2012

For Paranoid Disorder "Zyprexa worked really well in terms of removing the paranoia and the suspiciousness. Made me normal within a period of 2-3 weeks. The only problem I feel with regard to this medicine is the weight gain issue. I think this medicine in combination with mirtazapine has made me put on weight in a few weeks. Yes, and also my prolactin level was well above the normal range. In the starting this made me tired and I had problems waking up on time. Apart from these few side effects it is a really good anti-psychotic."

Anonymous June 11, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "Bipolar I - I take Zyprexa, Lithium and Lamictal. Zyprexa is the only medicine that has controlled my severe depression part of my bipolar. It has changed my life. I am slightly hungrier but I'll take that over feeling so depressed."

Lotus68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Very good so far. Not nearly as sedating as Seroquel. Maybe a little more hungry, but also much more active, cycling, long walks etc., which is good."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I've been taking Zyprexa for 3 years, and it completely eliminates symptoms such as delusions, irrational thoughts, manic behavior associated with schizoaffective disorder. Biggest downside is high blood glucose levels (hyperglycemia), high lipid levels (hyperlipidemia) and weight gain of 80 lbs (from 180 lbs to 260 lbs in 3 years). "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2012

For Schizophrenia "Before I took Zyprexa I was hallucinating due to lack of sleep and exhaustion. While I was hospitalized I denied my medication and wouldn't take it but as soon as I took Zyprexa and Remeron my sleep got better. I stopped hallucinating & hearing things. Thanks to my medication I haven't been hospitalized for psychosis since I've been given Zyprexa."

DatMexicanLalo April 4, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This is one of three new drugs I was put on recently: Zyprexa as a "take when needed" at the hospital along with Remeron "as a sleep aid" and Risperdal "for psychotic moments". I was kept on Tegretol and Vistaril also. I have gained 15 pounds in two weeks. I am not sure if it's the Zyprexa or the other two newbies (I know that they also cause weight gain). I do feel better but not good yet. The effect of having constant munchie-madness is annoying, as I know I am not really hungry but cannot stop. I do have eating disorders and this is dangerous. It's bad enough to have to work on all these personality and mood issues, but now I have to monitor my food like I used to when I was fat."

PillsRgood March 19, 2012

For Schizophrenia "The medicine brought my wife's symptoms under control finally. Was very sedating to the tune of her sleeping 14 hours per day. We are trying Invega instead but Zyprexa is always the fallback plan because it works."

bww7 March 4, 2012

For Depression "This medication is a great sedative, if that's what you're looking for. It's not euphoric, it just makes you sleepy. But it caused me to gain over 40 pounds in less than 2 months. I now get depressed just looking in the mirror. My doctor says it just makes you hungry, not gain weight, but the amount of weight I gained in such a short time is unnatural!"

Anonymous February 13, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I loved this medicine. It covered all of my symptoms and did not give a lot of side effects."

Anonymous February 5, 2012

For Depression "Worked well for depression. Didn't make me sleepy but always hungry."

Anonymous January 18, 2012

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Zyprexa helped with my obsessive compulsive disorder. It also relieved the depression greatly. Weight gain is a bad side effect from this medicine (taking 10mg daily). Gained 16 pounds in 2 months. The nights are better, just longer (around 11 hours every night)."

Anonymous December 23, 2011

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This medicine makes you retain body fluid. I was on it for two years and reached a body weight of 125 kilograms in that time. It was not until I was prescribed a different antipsychotic that I began to lose weight again."

jestarfari December 5, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder in the early 90's. Tried all kinds of anti-psychotic medicines, Zyprexa is the the one that has helped me the best. I feel tired and emotionless but I am pretty sure that it is better than what my family goes through when I am not on it."

subert December 3, 2011

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I gained 90 pounds when I took this medication and as a result got diabetes."

Anonymous November 8, 2011

For Depression "I have taken Zyprexa 2.5 with Zoloft for years and couldn't function without this combination. It was prescribed because the Zoloft just didn't take care of the insomnia and mood swings. Zyprexa 2.5 has been a God-send."

jograndmama5 November 2, 2011

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "After taking the 2.5 dosage for 4 days I feel very irritable. I am experiencing crying spells, tiredness, extreme moodiness and just want to be alone. This medicine was prescribed for a mood disorder that I have been experiencing. I also take other anti-depressants. I don't think this is a good mix with other medicines or just not right for me."

Anonymous October 29, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm bipolar and this is the only medication (out of many, many) that really helps my bipolar and it works almost instantaneously for me. I first went on it to gain weight because I was trying to recover from anorexia and struggling, but stayed on it for my bipolar. I did gain weight and I eat tons, but I have a good metabolism and Zyprexa just brings me up to my medically ideal weight."

Anonymous October 26, 2011