User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 158 reviews 46 medications

7.8
Schizophrenia 10 reviews 37 medications

7.1
Schizoaffective Disorder 21 reviews 28 medications

6.9
Summary of Seroquel reviews 189 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Seroquel

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on this medication for about a month now, tried pretty much all ssris for depression and over time found out i had bipolar 2. This medicine work fairly well, helps your memory, and keeps your moods at a fairly stable place. I'm on 300 mgs now and I was on 150mg, all in all pretty good medication."

Tom1998 July 24, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking seroquil for 18 months and have gained about 30 lb. I take 200mg at night and find I feel as if I am starving and eat crazy amounts sugary food that I crave. I find that when I wake my eyes have a haze over them for a half hour or so. If I miss a dose I can not sleep no matter how much I try. I get a clenched jaw and grind my teeth when I miss a dose. I was in prison and sometimes was not given the opportunity to take it. Those nights and days were long. I will say that it helps slow the mind down and it is amazing to get to sleep. With that said after taking it I was ready for bed in about 20min whether I wanted to sleep then or not. When I tried stopping I did not sleep right for months."

happy80004 July 23, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "One of the best meds for bipolar. Low frequency of EPS and no prolactin elevation, however I have gained approx. 10-12 lbs in one year, but that's a small pay for mental stability. Recommend monitoring blood glucose, triglycerides and cholesterol."

be2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 4, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I used to be in a rage all day long but now after taking 100 MG of Seroquel twice daily and 200 MG at night along with Depakote i'm doing great best medicine i have ever been on."

Anonymous1994 July 2, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I've been on seroquel twice now. I was hearing voices all day that affected my PTSD, then it was a falling block thing with my anxiety and depression. I love this medication because I also have sleeping problems - falling asleep and staying asleep. There's XR and non XR (time release). I'm on 450; the higher you are on, the longer it takes to fall asleep. The only bad thing about this medication is weight gain. Be careful with that. I did research on all schizophrenic medications and they all cause weight gain. Just a note; the reason I pay $60 is because I need to take 300 + 150 to make 450. The XR is $15 more. I go under blue cross blue shield, if this helps anyone."

ZeldaKitten June 22, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "started Seroquel at night combined with Effexor during the day for bipolar and it's changing my life and saving my marriage. Where I used to have one good day a week, I have one bad day a week. Upped from 50mgs to 100mgs because it's effectiveness wore off mid day and recently added topamax because I've been attempting to lose weight (I have not gained, but it's harder to lose)."

Radcher June 11, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "After trying the most of medication for my depression/ mixed state, seroquel finally worked out. Made racing thougts go away and my mood is finally back to normal again. Feel happy and relaxed. I also take 150 mg venlafaxine. Best medicine i ever tryed is seroquel. No weigh gain for me. This medicine is a lifesaver for me."

Tesseklem77 June 10, 2015

"good for insomnia most of the time"

y knot May 27, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Seroquel is awesome. 300mg kicked my butt. It took a year to drop down to 100mg. No matter the dosage, I don't snap out of it until mid day. Best sleep ever. Gained a lot of weight. My worst side effect is tight muscles, in legs more than anywhere."

What's normal (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "So I started on this two weeks ago may need to go a bit stronger as over time when I was younger just tried to mellow out on illegal drugs. Seraquil is the best thing I have tried I am 32 and just been diagnosed with bipolar. Doesn't make me sleepy makes me hungry a lil bit. But has changed my life stopped the agitation and horrible thoughts that run riot in my head. Just slows it done and I am able to see clearly. I am only on a mild dose but in saying this I'm glad I take one when I can feel my mania coming on."

Halz May 23, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I take seroquel and have taken higher doses when I was heavier at 300 lbs I was taking 900mg and my new doc cannot believe my psychiatrist was prescribing me that high of a dose just to help me sleep. Once I had weight loss surgery I could only handle about 150mg I am up to 300mg. The thing I like best about seroquel is it will knock you out and you will get good sleep. Now occasionally I have taken one and a half pills if I want to fall asleep quicker but you really have to be careful with this drug because many things can happen. The side effects I've experienced mainly is trouble swallowing which scares me to death when I'm trying to sleep and I'm panicking & my heartbeats racing yet I can't swallow. So be very careful with dosages."

headdy20 April 27, 2015

"When I first started taking seroquel for insomnia, it literally knocked me out. I had been taking Amitriptyline for ~ 5 months and it's sedative effects weren't working that great anymore. The difference between to 2 medications is night and day. Amitriptyline mellows mellowed me out/relaxed my mind to the point that I could fall asleep. Seroquel would knock me out to cold for 7 hours. I would wake up in the same position I had fallen asleep in. Once I adjusted to the medicine the effects weren't as severe. It's still a great medicine for insomnia as it always works."

Insomniac1 April 12, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Seroquel for 2 years. It really is a miracle. It has helped with my mood swings and problems sleeping. The only issue has been the weight gain. I've probably put on 35 lbs and I've never had problem with weight gain. The benefits of this medication make up for the weight gain."

Tlg v March 28, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on Seroquel for a couple months and I'm surprised at how good it works and how I have minimal side effects. I take 100mg-300mg at night and before my naps, just depending on how tired I already am without the medicine. Like most people, if you don't get ample sleep (8-10 hours), you usually wake up feeling tired & groggy. It usually wears off within a couple hours though. I noticed when I take it my eyes become super red like I just finished smoking weed. I have experienced a little chest pain in my lower rib cage but it's tolerable. Other than that, I sleep like a baby; I have the vivid dreams which in my opinion is neither negative or positive. But it's helped in stabilizing my mood & controlling my swings."

Tay B. March 23, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking Seraquel for 10 years of varying dosage until finding the right balance of this medication. It cured my insomnia and dampened the racingthoughts. Very happy with it for those reasons. However. I feel very dizzy and tired around an hour after taking 350mg at night. It levels out the mood swings. Curbs feelings of elation and empathy. Which is quite a price to pay for steady moods. To conclude, Seraquel has had a very positive influence in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder. I think of it as preventative medication that "quietens" the mind. (Hence Quetiapine - it's pharmaceutical name)."

Daviebhoy22 (taken for 10 years or more) March 15, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I lived with severe mood swings and major depression since I was 7 years old and I started taking Seroquel at 27. It changed my life for the better. It was as if someone had turned on the lights. I was able to identify negative and delusional thoughts and I developed massive insights into my mental health. I've gained 40kg in 7 years though and I'm now trialling alterntives. I had a severe allergic reaction to Saphris, but it did everything that Seroquel did and more. I'm now looking into Zeldox or Latuda."

Seanie (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 28, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Been on Seroquel XR for 8 years. Can't believe I wasn't on this medicine when I was working , maybe I would not of been alcoholic for 40 years."

retired early February 18, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Only on week 1 of this med, but I CANNOT believe the change in my mood. I am taking this to treat bipolar 2, anxiety and poor sleep quality. I take 50mg at night and sleep like a baby. Make sure to get 8-10 hours of sleep/night and you won't feel drowsy the next morning. It's eliminated my anxiety entirely and I feel completely stabilized. I haven't had any trouble with weight gain; in fact, I've already lost a few lbs, due to the fact that I no longer feel emotionally-driven to binge eat. No side effects as far as I can tell. An ABSOLUTE MIRACLE DRUG. Just praying the results hold up."

valchicago February 13, 2015

For Schizophrenia "I'm been on Seroquel since been diagnosed (now 18 months). Started taking 50g but now I'm on 100g. I've got to the point on this medication that the side effects are too much. Constantly tired. Feel very vague. My memory is terrible. I'm starting to forget about things I've already done. Still very paranoid. Also I'm still having panic attacks. So for me, it's time to move on and try something new (Olanzapine)."

zaiyd&lola (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 6, 2014

For Schizophrenia "Seroquel- Out of Risperdal, Zyprexa, Trilafon, Abilify, Haldol, and Geodon, Seroquel is by far the best one. At lower doses, it is good for anxiety. You don't feel like a zombie on it. Obviously it helps you sleep, but at lower doses you won't be sleepy or if you just take it at bed time. Abilify and Haldol turned me into a complete zombie it was terrible. Risperdal had sexual side effects and of course the breast growth issue, but I would say Risperdal is the second best one behind Seroquel. Haldol and Abilify help paranoia big time but they also exasperate anxiety, definitely stay away from those. Geodon and Zyprexa are worse than those medicines. Geodon made me disoriented, helpless, still very paranoid. Zyprexa is probably the second worst."

Corksters (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2014

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Don't worry about weight gain! I've taken Seroquel for two years, and let me tell you you can stay fit and or lose weight! The hardest is the munchies at night, but if you can control that and or snack healthy you will be FINE. You don't have to have a strict diet on this medication. Exercise and eat healthy as much as you can. You can still enjoy giving into cravings! You have to adjust to the major hunger especially at night. See what works for you. This medicine is amazing and works very well. Just give it a chance. After two years I have not gained any weight but have actually lost since I began taking it. It's a little hard at first but once you figure out what works for you you'll have a happy life emotionally and physically!"

Krazi165 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 21, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "At first, it was horrible. I felt like I was dying every time I would take it before bed, I felt as if I were to fall asleep I'd never wake up. This lasted 2 weeks maybe a month.... My body eventually adjusted to it, the voices went away. Slowly, but surely. I was also in a serious state of depression, and it takes some time but now after a little over a year of taking it, being bipolar and having countless manic and depressive episodes, Seroquel has saved my life. I've never felt like myself like I do right now in such a long time. The only dumbs down is you have to seriously monitor your weight on this thing, the pounds just pile up if you don't watch your weight carefully.."

ECCENTRICAKIRE November 14, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "I love Seroquel but not the XR type. Helps you to sleep well at night and wake up feeling great. Gives you major munchies at night and woke up with Reeses Pieces all over the bed. Does help with a lot on highs and lows. So for me it's worth a little weight gain. Overall this medicine has changed my life."

kaykay729 November 14, 2014

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel has worked wonders for me. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar 2, and after 7 months on Seroquel, I feel like a whole new person. I had been severely depressed and was self harming before getting on Seroquel, and now I have never been so happy before! The only problem is the weight gain - I have gained about 20 pounds since I started taking this medicine. But this side effect is worth it to have my depression and anxiety gone!"

Gemini21 November 10, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "When I first went on this medication 300mg I did not like it at all. I had side effects of a type of floating- my head wasn't attached to my body- I'd be disorientated, only for a short time, but frequently at first. I don't really remember any other side effect. I wanted to stop taking this. I was 300 SR then went to normal Seroquel. Being on standard Seroquel helped. I asked to change off Seroquel and was told its a good medicine and just give it time- 6 weeks. Wow, I didn't like that idea. I did give it time, I was tried of a day, so went back to 150mg- over time I've been on 200mg also and now 300mg. I am so grateful to myself for hanging in there. I choose to be on Seroquel, I sleep a deep sleep, for me, I am happy. Very happy."

Koalamaiden - NSW (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 8, 2014