User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 143 reviews 48 medications

7.7
Schizoaffective Disorder 18 reviews 29 medications

Schizophrenia 8 reviews 36 medications

Summary of Seroquel reviews 169 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Seroquel

Review by zaiyd&lola (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Schizophrenia: I'm been on Seroquel since been diagnosed (now 18 months). Started taking 50g but now I'm on 100g. I've got to the point on this medication that the side effects are too much. Constantly tired. Feel very vague. My memory is terrible. I'm starting to forget about things I've already done. Still very paranoid. Also I'm still having panic attacks. So for me, it's time to move on and try something new (Olanzapine).

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 4:17 AM

Review by kaykay729:

For Bipolar Disorder: I love Seroquel but not the XR type. Helps you to sleep well at night and wake up feeling great. Gives you major munchies at night and woke up with Reeses Pieces all over the bed. Does help with a lot on highs and lows. So for me it's worth a little weight gain. Overall this medicine has changed my life.

November 14, 2014 1:48 AM

Review by Gemini21:

For Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel has worked wonders for me. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar 2, and after 7 months on Seroquel, I feel like a whole new person. I had been severely depressed and was self harming before getting on Seroquel, and now I have never been so happy before! The only problem is the weight gain - I have gained about 20 pounds since I started taking this medicine. But this side effect is worth it to have my depression and anxiety gone!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 10, 2014 6:06 PM

Review by Siri86:

For Bipolar Disorder: Got diagnosed with bipolar disorder three months ago, and started on Seroquel 50 mg at night. It has helped me a lot, and I feel like a totally different person (in a good way - I've suffered for 10 years!). At first I just thought I was in a "normal" phase (not manic or depressive) - but the depressions usually sneaks up on me after a few weeks when I've felt normal before. Not had any side-effects, other than restless legs syndrome, but I've had that before, so it wasn't a biggie. This side-effect has also almost disappeared after a few months. Was so scared of weight gain, but I watched what I eat, and work out a lot, instead I've gotten skinnier and healthier. Thumbs up! I got my life back!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 5, 2014 5:19 PM

Review by Seanie:

For Bipolar Disorder: I've been taking Seroquel for 7 years, after 20 years of delusional thoughts, mania, and large amounts of depression. It worked within two weeks and I noticed that when I woke up each day that my delusional thoughts were getting easier to identify and let go of. It changed my life. Since taking Seroquel, I have been able to learn how to drive, work in permanent jobs, save money, travel overseas, socialise, have a successful relationship and reconnect with the real me. I have also worked on my cognitive and emotional development and continue to attend counselling. I have gained 30kgs, but this has probably come about due to the combination of Seroquel, inactivity, diet and Sleep Apnea (of which I have only just been diagnosed).

October 16, 2014 1:06 AM

Review by Koalamaiden:

For Bipolar Disorder: When I first took Seroquel, I had the side effects of a type of motion sickness, as my head would whirl about, and I never knew if I was whirling or the surroundings were. I didn't want to stay on it, but was advised to give it longer. And to change from XR to regular. I did, and after about 6 weeks (from memory) I adjusted to it. Yes, I was so tired, went to cut a 300mg into halves, then to 200mg's, now to 300 mg again. Seroquel works for me, I've been on it for approx 18mnths or so. I sleep, my mind doesn't race or think or roam. I get a deep sleep. I was advised to get up early and it will wear off- yes, that happens. But it's not easy.

October 10, 2014 7:53 AM

Review by Charlieaffective (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: No problems, watch what you eat.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2014 9:13 PM

Review by Scorpionis (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: This medicine turned me into a zombified eating machine. I put on 30 pounds in one month. It was also extremely sedating.

October 1, 2014 8:04 PM

Review by intent2dement (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bipolar Disorder: I was prescribed 50mg of Seroquel at bedtime to help sleep. It works wonders for that, it didn't help much with my anxiety. I also take 1,000mg of Depakote per day and 20mg of Dexedrine ER for ADHD. The Depakote is no longer effective enough and my doctor is thinking about switching me to Lithium.

September 24, 2014 9:10 PM

Review by 0rdinarymadness:

For Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel helped my paranoia and really kept me mentally stable, but I also was tired all the time, sometimes sleeping for 15 hours a day. I also gained 30 pounds within three months of being on Seroquel. I wouldn't recommend this medicine for anyone who does not wish to rapidly gain weight.

September 24, 2014 12:11 PM

Review by AnonAnonAnon:

For Bipolar Disorder: Somewhat hit or miss on mania, racing thoughts and the like. Pretty effective as a sleep aid though. Currently taking 300mg as needed as it was mainly prescribed for sleep. It is as effective as benzodiazepines in that regard, without the benzo withdrawal. It does leave me feeling gritty and nasty the next morning though, but it's better than insomnia.

September 16, 2014 2:32 PM

Review by lipo (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: Feeling depressed, cried first thing I woke up.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2014 8:11 PM

Review by JesusFreak1967:

For Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel has worked wonderful for me so far! Levels out my ups and downs. No racing thoughts. Doesn't make me aggressive. Helps with my post traumatic stress disorder also!

June 16, 2014 8:16 AM

Review by eguzman8586 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: When first diagnosed another medication was prescribed. I then researched Seroquel. Being an insomniac I asked my PVC if I could try it. It made life so much easier. I began to control my agitation with others. I used to fly off the handle and what I call "my crazy" would come out. If looks could kill I would be guilty of numerous killings. I am able to be in situations that are less than desirable without offending anyone. It was a challenge being around others who were not as intelligent and immature whereas now I recognize how I should interact with them. My true personality is seen rather than the perception that followed me for the majority of my life.

June 11, 2014 1:20 AM

Review by yayo53 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Helps you stable and calm

June 4, 2014 3:51 PM

Review by Mumcat2 (taken for 10 years or more):

I find this medicine not only helps control my (chronic)pain but also gives me more energy, alertness and concentration. Bizarre but true.

May 20, 2014 12:14 PM

Review by pookie babe (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: I was on Seroquel for a year. I was fat, no energy, restless leg syndrome and elevated glucose. Seroquel has too many serious side effects.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2014 1:02 PM

Review by insanelyquierd (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Took for bipolar. Good side effects: more or less consistently put me to sleep every night. Bad side effects: gained roughly 20 lbs 6 months in, had a difficult time getting up every day, needed more sleep than usual. It helped for awhile, but it mostly made my episodes less severe, did not effectively stop or prevent them.

April 10, 2014 3:38 PM

Review by Thecircusrules (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Prescribed 600mg for bipolar 1, first three weeks nasty but stick with it these side effects disappear. Taken alongside lithium and I have never felt so well in over 20 years, awesome.

April 10, 2014 6:46 AM

Review by i2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel is amazing for me, gave me good nights sleep, calms me down. I take 800 mg along with Tegretol 800 mg.

April 7, 2014 11:51 AM

Review by littlelor:

For Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel gave me my life back, calms me down and helps me think clearly during the day, and helps me sleep well during the night. Makes your mouth a bit dry and makes you hungry often but definitely worth it.

March 15, 2014 5:43 AM

Review by kmanza3:

For Schizoaffective Disorder: Works for me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2014 12:06 AM

Review by HappyBella (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: I was off meds for awhile and thought I was fine - nope! Had a manic episode. I take 100 to 150mg of Seroquel at night. Before this, I took Geodon and lost weight, but I had uncontrollable muscle movements, I didn't want to switch but my family was embarrassed by my non stop hand movements. I switched to Seroquel and feel a million times better. I sleep great (used to not sleep for days). BUT, I have gained 40 lbs. I wake up the next morning and see what I ate the night before and get so irritated with myself. It makes me want to eat everything bad for me. If I don't eat, it's like an itch I can't scratch. I don't feel foggy, but well rested...then again, I sleep till 8 or 9am. To me, it's worth the weight gain to feel stable.

March 7, 2014 3:58 PM

Review by playboybuddyrose (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bipolar Disorder: I take 400 mg Seroquel at bedtime. I sleep a lot better but as far as my bipolar symptoms I see no real difference.

February 28, 2014 5:49 PM

Review by tiredoftablets (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: Hi, Unfortunately this medication does not suit me as I get a lot of the undesirable side effects. Slurred speech, terrible confusion, drowsiness but not able to sleep, cravings for sugary foods, a sort of spaced out feeling, and restless leg. Apart from that it's great! :) Wish I could continue taking it, but it's not worth the side effects in my case.

February 11, 2014 8:20 PM