User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 134 reviews 48 medications

7.7
Schizophrenia 7 reviews 36 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 17 reviews 28 medications

6.8
Summary of Seroquel reviews 158 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Seroquel

Review by lipo (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: Feeling depressed, cried first thing I woke up.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2014 8:11 PM

Review by JesusFreak1967:

For Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel has worked wonderful for me so far! Levels out my ups and downs. No racing thoughts. Doesn't make me aggressive. Helps with my post traumatic stress disorder also!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 16, 2014 8:16 AM

Review by eguzman8586 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: When first diagnosed another medication was prescribed. I then researched Seroquel. Being an insomniac I asked my PVC if I could try it. It made life so much easier. I began to control my agitation with others. I used to fly off the handle and what I call "my crazy" would come out. If looks could kill I would be guilty of numerous killings. I am able to be in situations that are less than desirable without offending anyone. It was a challenge being around others who were not as intelligent and immature whereas now I recognize how I should interact with them. My true personality is seen rather than the perception that followed me for the majority of my life.

June 11, 2014 1:20 AM

Review by yayo53 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Helps you stable and calm

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 3:51 PM

Review by Mumcat2 (taken for 10 years or more):

I find this medicine not only helps control my (chronic)pain but also gives me more energy, alertness and concentration. Bizarre but true.

May 20, 2014 12:14 PM

Review by pookie babe (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: I was on Seroquel for a year. I was fat, no energy, restless leg syndrome and elevated glucose. Seroquel has too many serious side effects.

April 30, 2014 1:02 PM

Review by insanelyquierd (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Took for bipolar. Good side effects: more or less consistently put me to sleep every night. Bad side effects: gained roughly 20 lbs 6 months in, had a difficult time getting up every day, needed more sleep than usual. It helped for awhile, but it mostly made my episodes less severe, did not effectively stop or prevent them.

April 10, 2014 3:38 PM

Review by Thecircusrules (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Prescribed 600mg for bipolar 1, first three weeks nasty but stick with it these side effects disappear. Taken alongside lithium and I have never felt so well in over 20 years, awesome.

April 10, 2014 6:46 AM

Review by i2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel is amazing for me, gave me good nights sleep, calms me down. I take 800 mg along with Tegretol 800 mg.

April 7, 2014 11:51 AM

Review by littlelor:

For Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel gave me my life back, calms me down and helps me think clearly during the day, and helps me sleep well during the night. Makes your mouth a bit dry and makes you hungry often but definitely worth it.

March 15, 2014 5:43 AM

Review by kmanza3:

For Schizoaffective Disorder: Works for me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2014 12:06 AM

Review by HappyBella (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: I was off meds for awhile and thought I was fine - nope! Had a manic episode. I take 100 to 150mg of Seroquel at night. Before this, I took Geodon and lost weight, but I had uncontrollable muscle movements, I didn't want to switch but my family was embarrassed by my non stop hand movements. I switched to Seroquel and feel a million times better. I sleep great (used to not sleep for days). BUT, I have gained 40 lbs. I wake up the next morning and see what I ate the night before and get so irritated with myself. It makes me want to eat everything bad for me. If I don't eat, it's like an itch I can't scratch. I don't feel foggy, but well rested...then again, I sleep till 8 or 9am. To me, it's worth the weight gain to feel stable.

March 7, 2014 3:58 PM

Review by playboybuddyrose (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bipolar Disorder: I take 400 mg Seroquel at bedtime. I sleep a lot better but as far as my bipolar symptoms I see no real difference.

February 28, 2014 5:49 PM

Review by tiredoftablets (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: Hi, Unfortunately this medication does not suit me as I get a lot of the undesirable side effects. Slurred speech, terrible confusion, drowsiness but not able to sleep, cravings for sugary foods, a sort of spaced out feeling, and restless leg. Apart from that it's great! :) Wish I could continue taking it, but it's not worth the side effects in my case.

February 11, 2014 8:20 PM

Review by Macca d:

For Bipolar Disorder: I take Seroquel for bipolar, I had side effects when first taking it such as couldn't wake in the morning and sluggish, it took me a couple of months to get used to it, now I take it at about 10.30pm asleep within 20 mins and up at about 8.30 am, well rested, it has been great for my mania, which can last weeks at a time. I feel so normal again, I take 100mg a night with 600mg of Tegrotol you just have to give it time to do it's thing, the side effects go away. I have no weight gain at all on Tegrotol, it's the opposite, I'm losing weight.

January 8, 2014 7:14 AM

Review by solitude solace (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: For me personally, the weight gain WAS dose-related. I gained over 200 lbs. by the time I got up to 600mg a day. Even so, it does wonders for my schizo-affective and depression disorders.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2014 10:03 PM

Review by SeroquelBroughtMeBack (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: I've suffered from bipolar and psychosis as early as 6th grade. It took about 15 years to get seen, by that time I was completely detached from reality. After trying expensive placebos with bad side effects and high hype, I tried Seroquel. It works on the psychosis, mania and depression I've experienced in trade for being a little sleepy. Seroquel is so far the only medication that works by itself & which I can function even after missing a dose (not recommended). It's all about risk versus controlling symptoms with these medications. If you've found something effective for treating the symptoms, the next step is finding the cause. This illness is like a sleeping dragon, you must keep it asleep or you'll get burned, Seroquel helps.

December 8, 2013 6:20 PM

Review by ahtibat87 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: This is my 2nd time on seroquel and now that I actually know two shits about mental disorder, I really do like seroquel. I've always had a terrible time falling and staying asleep which it helps with greatly, and my ridiculous bipolar tendencies it puts to rest. I recommend seroquel if it works for you. I've never had a single negative side effect from it but some people do. Every brain is different :)

November 5, 2013 4:43 AM

Review by Charloo (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: I have just started Quetiapine (Seroquel) going form 25mg to 75mg now. I was previously using lithium and have gradually reduced it to 250mg, now I do not take it and have replaced with seroquel. I am concerned about the side effects at higher doses and I would like to know if anyone has gone from using lithium to seroquel as a modd stabilsier. I am doing this as I am trying to get pregnant and my doctor has told me that seroquel is a good substitute up to the 2nd trimester of a pregnancy where I would re-introduce lithium.

October 23, 2013 6:43 PM

Review by october 16:

For Bipolar Disorder: I have been a bipolar as of 26 years. After my first and huge depression, I have not missed lithium not even for a day. I have had a really good acceptance to Seroquel, but not to Seroquel XR. The difference is huge, and XR plays with your sleep patterns and more. The insatiable hunger is so, so, true as is the weight gain. I just eat less and less and less and as a person who has had an amazing metabolism, still am 105lbs. After 3 children, my teen weight, I am now at 115lbs and I hate it. But I have no desire to stop Seroquel.

October 3, 2013 7:51 PM

Review by WildcatVet (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: I've been taking Seroquel for about a year and I can honestly say I don't ever want to live without it. No other medicine had any effect on controlling my extreme mood swings and delusional/psychotic thinking. The sleepiness (which I now find very helpful) and morning fog were bothersome, but I've gladly adapted my schedule to allow 8-9 hrs sleep nightly.

October 2, 2013 4:55 PM

Review by anorexicxheart (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I've been taking this since January 2013 for depression and insomnia it has worked wonders. Except for the weight gain factor. You feel the need to snack all the time which has caused me to develop bulimia. I have a past of anorexia and literally everyone in my immediate family has had eating disorders. I wouldn't recommend this to someone terrified of weight gain. Other than that. It's great.

September 19, 2013 12:47 PM

Review by kel kel 84:

For Bipolar Disorder: It worked well for sleep but I could not remember eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I woke up with it all over my pillow and cheeks weird.. I felt hung over in the morning. Also was taking Geodon and Effexor. I don't take anything now. It's been 3 years. I'm doing good.

September 16, 2013 7:35 PM

Review by Mom of 2 Schizoaffective:

For Schizoaffective Disorder: I have been on Seroquel for several years, mixed with other medicines. Recently tried reducing strength but couldn't sleep or concentrate due to racing thoughts. Keeps me normal (as "normal" as anyone else). Also take Lamictal for mood-stabilizer/anti-depressant and Citalopram for anxiety/depression. Does make me very sleepy so I must take it before 9 pm to feel awake enough to function at 6:30 am Life-saver for me and my family.

September 16, 2013 5:37 PM

Review by AnnieFromAfrica:

For Bipolar Disorder: I too gained masses of weight taking Seroquel but lost it all (35lb) in 6 months by healthy eating & being AWARE of the pitfalls. Seroquel does not make you gain weight. Seroquel makes you crazy HUNGRY craving all the bad stuff - salt/sugar/fried food for me. The secret is to ANTICIPATE your munchies. Prepare a large but healthy snack in advance or save half your evening meal and have it at bedtime just before you take your meds. This really worked for me. Taking my meds on a full stomach took the cravings away.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 30, 2013 4:57 PM