User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 204 reviews 33 medications

7.3
Schizoaffective Disorder 26 reviews 28 medications

Schizophrenia 13 reviews 42 medications

6.7
Summary of Seroquel reviews 243 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Seroquel

For Bipolar Disorder "Been on sroquel for one month. Have gained 9 lbs. otherwise good drug."

Sheila d Eddy April 30, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have started to take 200 mg in July 2015. I have gained weight to much , nearly 20 kg. I have taken 100 mg in December 2015 and now I have been taking 50 mg. I want to quit Seroquel. Because I feel like zombie . I sleep very well but I can't get up early and I often go to work too late. During the day I feel tired and asleep. For mind and brain is good but damages of Seroquel is more than benefits of it , I think. It does addiction . I want to quit it or I want to take 25 mg any more."

6495nabas (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This drug worked perfectly. It controlled all my symptoms, paranoia, visual and auditory hallucinations, tactile hallucinations and anxiety. Absolutely no weight gain. I lost 30 pounds on this medication and could not be happier that I tried the drug. It also works excellently for people with eating disorders, controlling their cravings and regulating their eating patterns. There were no sexual side effects. I never relapsed when I went off the medication with the help of my psychiatrist. Thank you makers of seroquel!"

Anonj26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

For Schizophrenia "I complained to a friend of insomnia, mainly stress related. She offered a seroquel on the promise that it would relax me and put me in la la land. I will never again take medicine that is not prescribed for me! For the first time ever... I heard voices starting at 2 am. I heard two men arguing on the other side of my closed bedroom door, loud enough to wake me but I couldn't make out what they were saying. I was too afraid to look because I knew no one was there. Then around 4:30 am I heard a baby crying non stop this lasted until 7:00 am. I sat up for hours listening to what if feels like to be going insane! Never again!"

Lizziepoo April 8, 2016

"I'm not sure why so many people like this drug for insomnia. First night took 50mg & slept for 5 hours. Second night took 100mg & slept for 6 hours. Third night took 150mg & slept for 7 hours. So I thought everything was cool at 150mg, but after 1 week it started to become less effective & was only getting 4 hours of sleep on 150mg. I would even try to split the dose (take 50mg an hour before bedtime & 100mg at bedtime) but nothing gave. I think Zyprexa works better, but got on this because zyprexa makes you gain weight on ANY dose, while seroquel's weight gain is more dose related (supposedly). Stopped taking it since it sucks at KEEPING me asleep (though it is good at putting me to sleep)."

Chronic Insomniac (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Been in therapy with a Counselling Psychologist for just over 3 years. Diagnosis from Consultant Psychiatrist - Complex-PTSD, Bipolar Type 2 and Fibromyalgia. Been on Sertraline 200mg for 2 years. Ate Diazepam 2.5mg like smarties after a relationship with an Anti Social Personality Disordered Man. Been taking Quetiapine since December '15 and slowly moved up to 125mg to increase to 200mg. Was taking 7.5mg Mertazipine for sleep though have now removed it due to increase of Quetiapine and weight gain. Overall I'm feeling much calmer, more rational, less reactive and more confident talking to people. After intrusive thoughts, cognitive dissonance, depression, anxiety, insomnia, crying, dissacociation, nightmares etc I'm happy!"

Blu75 March 22, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "The only good side was that it helped me sleep good. But couldn't even get up in the morning I was so drowsy still and felt hung over bad Also I was very lethargic. Like numb and I felt numb. Like crap Almost like seriously depressed without depression state of mind Horrible."

scarlettmple (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Weight gain, lethargic 300 dosage at bed time, any more you'll have heads turning in public. Reclusion is a major problem do to zombie affects, messed up part is my roommates had to tell me cuz I didn't even notice. I have not been able to get a job. I tried college and it didn't work. My short term memory is short, can't even remember what I ate for dinner three days ago. I do sleep though. All you can do is push on and forget gl"

Zombie/no job (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "My liver has always looked fine on ultrasounds. Since I've been taking Seroquel (4 years) my liver is enlarged, fatty and dense. However, I have been on various anti depressive meds for 35 years and the liver has to process this every day. It also made me drowsy. Don't know if Seroquel made my liver this way or just all the years on meds. I am currently coming off Seroquel and onto Lamictal and Rexulti. Fingers crossed! Good luck to you all, it's a very tough condition to live with!"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 15, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Hmm about this medication...I literally do not reccomend it at all! As someone with Bipolar2 I was put on Seroquel for my rapid unstable moods, I was on it for quite some time and I noticed the rapid weight gain not just that but I was literally sleeping all the time! When I was awake I felt like a zombie. Quite frankly it's a nightmare! Thank god I went off it."

Kay(KaylaMarie) (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 12, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been medically treating my Bipolar Disorder for 11 years. Finding the right medication and the proper doses is tremendous work. You may find that seroquel is not helping you but that may not be true, you may not have found the right dose and inital side effects do subside. I take 900mg lithium/400mg seroquel /400mg lamotragine. Up until 2013 I was in/out of serious episodes that would last for months and destroy my life. I was taking 150mg of seroquel and my doc was hesitant to increase my dose. This increase of dose saved me. I am no longer controlled by this disease, rarely have episodes. I do hate seroquel for sedation/panic attacks at night, lucid nightmare, weight gain. BUT I have my life back and the negatives are so worth it!"

griffithschris March 12, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Made me a complete zombie. Threw them out."

floridaangel (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Although my doctor prescribed it mainly for Bipolar Depression, he will temporarily increase the dose in response to emerging manic symptoms especially racing thoughts, agitation, extreme irritability and dilusions. Positive - Significantly (80-90%) calms my thoughts. Helps me fall and stay asleep. Keeps my depression in check. I am now compliant with all of my medications and trust my doctor. Negative - higher doses blunt my affect. I must take my dosage at bedtime because of tremendous sedation which is when the drug saturation is highest in my blood and brain. If I must get up during the night, for example bathroom, I'm disoriented and dizzy. I could never take it during the day. Weight gain from "munchies." Sex-related problems"

HeadinWest (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 4, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Hey all, I am writing both as a user and a person seeking additional information on Seroquel XR. I have been on it for about three months. I have found that it eliminated the manic phase of my diagnosis, as well as anxiety. However, tapering back and forth due to side effects has made it difficult to make consistent observations and I have suffered depression and even suicidality as a result. What have others experienced on this topic? I understand bipolar disorder is a multifaceted illness and therefore should be treated from both angles. Are most of you on more than one medication in conjunction with seroquel? I understand I have also had a difficult time taking it as prescribed and this may have hindered my results. Thank you."

Jayms89 February 28, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I spent months on this medication and all it ever did for me was make me drowsy, all I ever did was sleep, not worth the toxicity to your liver"

Does Not Work (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Works kinda well but you will sleep like nonstop and you will gain weight. I gained at least 30 pounds on this med and was sleeping like 14 hours a day."

Bipolar type Schizzoaffective (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Made me feel like a zombie. I slept too much, gained 20lbs, had restless leg syndrome and congestion at night, increased depression , I had a breakdown of laughing and crying at same time. I lost of reality."

suezyque (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have had a negative experience.I was mad at my self because i went against my better judgment. I knew that this one was a weight gaining pill. I kept telling my doctor that I was gaining weight from this pill he insisted that it had nothing to do with seriqul xr he continued to say its what I was eating. I told him last week on the phone he said what have you been eating I went on a fast normally before seriqul I would just lose the extra weight when I went on a diet. This time a week went by it got even worse So I am very happy that I just stopped taking it. It is not worth it. I had a doc for 10 years prior to this one and I had never been diagnosed with bi polar - he calls it a mood disorder. I know I have it and I am open to something new"

candy kane February 16, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have been on a lot of them and I'm now on 300 mg Seroquel it is the best , I have not gained weight but I exercise I take it at night. I don't see things, I feel things touching me but I still have one voice and not 4 in my head ."

Stphy February 16, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel, 50mg nightly in addition to Lithium (2 x 200mg) and Cipramil (20mg) a dream combo for me. Stops the racing thoughts and knocks me out cold for 8 hours / night. Slight weight gain of maybe 2-3 kilos but hardly noticeable. I'll take the extra weight over hypomania and insomnia any dat."

peony16 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have had severe depression and anxiety for a long time. Adding to that, I was sexually assaulted and now also have PTSD. Long story short, I became addicted to opiates and am now in recovery. Being in recovery, I embarked on a journey to get my mental health under control. I was diagnosed with Bi Polar 2 and PTSD. I take Seroquel at night with Lamictal, and Lithium twice daily. The Seroquel is a must for me. After five years of flashbacks, panic attacks, and night terrors over my rape, I can finally get a full night of sleep. I have asthma and it doesn't bother it, and I'm on 100mg per night. I saw one reviewer say do not take seroquel if you have asthma. The truth is EVERYONE is different. Seroquel works great for me."

Jacob Ethridge February 5, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I tried taking Seroquel when I was a teenager. Everytime I took it it would knock me out & I would sleep the whole day away. Needless to say, I wasn't on it for very long."

~*Melanie*~ (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I was on this med in 2010 for a year. The dose went from 25mg up to 400mg. The first few weeks were very difficult. It knocked me out cold and I had such a blocked nose I could hardly breathe. I toughed it out and my depression lifted. I stopped taking it because of really bad blocked nose. I have just had a major depressive episode (2015) with insomnia. I was prescribed 100mg. It worked within 24 hours. I was able to sleep for 9 hours and feel refreshed and energized. The depression and anxiety have improved dramatically. This time I'll stay on Seroquel."

JaxWebb (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I almost passed out on 20mg.'s. My pulse was a dangerously low 40 b.p.m.. This is a very dangerous drug that has been linked to sudden deaths when combined with at least 12 other medications."

scammed (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have a child on Seroquel. We've tried Abilify, Risperdal, and Geodon to no avail. Seroquel seems to keep her psychotic symptoms at a whisper instead of shouting in her head. My husband has also used Seroquel for his schizoaffective disorder. He switched to Risperdal because the Seroquel was sedating when ingesting over 50mg and he needed doses during the day. Our daughter is on an average of 500mg a day with no sedating effects whatsoever and we're wondering if she just does not do well on this class of drug since 600mg a day is the highest she can safely go for her age. Nothing seems to keep her psychotic symptoms completely in check, particularly her paranoia."

LizGC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 27, 2016