User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 163 reviews 32 medications

7.8
Schizophrenia 10 reviews 37 medications

7.1
Schizoaffective Disorder 21 reviews 28 medications

6.9
Summary of Seroquel reviews 194 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Seroquel

For Borderline Personality Disorder "I have been suffering with borderline personality disorder almost my entire life. Within a few days of taking Seroquel I noticed an incredible difference in my mood balance, my paranoia. The biggest difference I noticed was I no longer felt the need to be in crisis. Social settings were easily handled, my work life improved overnight. I used to use alcohol to expand on my crisis moments & friends and family believed me a hopeless alcoholic. Now I have no urge to drink. I wake up focused, ready and able to face the day. Most of my days are almost completely positive. I would recommend."

Anonymous April 21, 2012

For Insomnia "I am 21 and have trouble sleeping, due mostly from my depression, anxiety, etc. I got prescribed Seroquel (50mg one before bedtime) about a year ago and it has helped me SO MUCH in a couple ways, INSTANTLY --helped me sleep, and stay asleep, at first, couple weeks was drowsy when I woke but after a month or two of taking it I wake up feeling great. (Makes sleep amazing, and have the most vivid awesome dreams) Over time taking this medication it has lowered my depression and anxiety. I've noticed hard situations and emotions are much easier to handle. I can stay calm compared to always freaking out. "

Anonymous April 16, 2012

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "My doctor prescribed Seroquel for a number of Psychiatric conditions I have. They are: Depression (already on 40mg Celexa for this, Seroquel helped as an add on), OCD, Generalized anxiety disorder, Anorexia, mood instability. Seroquel helps with all these conditions, although it causes moderate constipation."

Anonymous April 13, 2012

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "After a 6 week period of a severe depressive episode with panic attacks and extreme anxiety, I checked myself into the hospital. The doctor completely changed my meds to Prozac, Wellbutrin, Klonopin, and at bedtime 10 mg Ambien and 400 mg Seroquel. This combination has worked wonders for me. I started falling and staying asleep for a good 8 hours, my ruminating has stopped almost completely, and my depression has really lifted. I attribute a lot of that to the Seroquel, in that it augments the effects of my antidepressants, stops my mind from racing, and has me sleeping well. The two side effects I've had are grogginess (which has gotten better) and the munchies. I keep fresh fruits and veggies handy at night to snack on instead of junk."

Happyface Chick April 10, 2012

For Insomnia "I was prescribed Seroquel 50mg a few years ago after an eighteen-year battle with constant sleep problems. And it does help me get to sleep every night; my dosage has never changed. My only complaints are the RAMPANT hunger I experience before giving in to the fatigue and the dizziness/nausea when trying to stand for too long after the effects have set in. As far as sleeping medication goes, Seroquel takes the cake. I don't notice any psychoactive effects aside from the sedation."

Anonymous April 3, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I used to seek out and attempt to prolong manic highs, to the point where I was nearly oblivious to anything outside of the experience of the moment, and I was able to put off duties and worries comfortably in my own psychosis. The antidepressants I had been taking prior (sertraline, Wellbutrin) seemed to exacerbate my manic highs. Seroquel has taken the edge off of the manic episodes, and allowed me to deal with quitting other medicines. It is highly sedating, however I would say it has a very minimal effect on cognition. I was far more concerned with my thought processing while under the influence of 2 anti-depressants and Vyvanse for suspected ADD. "

=O March 9, 2012

For Insomnia "I take 100mgs of Seroquel at bedtime (for almost a year now) and I have started to build a tolerance to it so it takes about a hour or two until I start feeling tired but once I am alseep..I am Sound Asleep!! I have read many post about the weight gain. I have gained about 30lbs since I've started taking Seroquel. I spoke to my doctor about it and he is now switching me to Chloral Hydrate 500mgs ONLY due to my weight gain and concern. I hope the new medication works just as good. Hopefully I can shake off this weight and get a good nights rest but over all, I would recommend Seroquel to ANYONE dealing with Insomnia. I am definitely not throwing the rest of my Seroquel script out just in case this new medicine is a flop. Good Luck To All."

Jennifer M March 1, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "Since I started therapy a year ago my bipolar 1 disorder has evened out, but I sometimes have manic, depressed, or both episodes. Also it has caused disturbances in my speech, and uncontrolled movements in my face, arms and legs. The benefits outweigh the risks though and I am satisfied with the way it has helped stabilize my moods."

Anonymous February 26, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I've taken these pills since I was 19 and I'm 24 now. First I had to take 600 mg and I managed to low them to 450 mg. I wish I could leave them, but I have learnt I need them.So far they have helped me a lot. I do wish I could fight anxiety, weird feelings on my legs while I sleep and the hunger I experience 24/7. But it's a love/hate relationship between this medicine and I. I hate it but I don't think I can ever quit it. Sad for me good for the pharmacies."

HCC February 20, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I don't mind Seroquel, other medicines made my stomach sick, but Seroquel helps. Didn't like weight gain, so I'm dieting. It's better than Geodon. "

reddsite February 18, 2012

For Insomnia "I tried using following generic hypnotic medicines: zolpidem, zaleplon, nitrazepam, midazolam, and also Xanax and Klonopin. None of these worked well with me. After my psychiatrist prescribed me with Seroquel 25mg I sleep every night like a little baby. Plus Seroquel is non-addictive and it also helps with benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms, since all drugs I used before were benzodiazepins. The only thing that bothers me with Seroquel is the fact that it slows my mind a little bit and this is especially evident in the morning."

Anonymous February 2, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have been taking 200 mg of Seroquel now for about 4 years for schizoaffective disorder. I love this medicine, especially after trying Abilify and Risperdal, which made me lethargic and apathetic towards everything. It has also helped with my borderline personality and generalized anxiety disorders."

Anonymous January 30, 2012

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Puts me to sleep like turning off a light switch. Which has greatly helped me work and be on a normal schedule. Before I would stay up for 24-36 hours straight, then sleep 15 hours and then repeat. Been taking it 7 years. Now when I decide it is bedtime, I take it and 9 out of 10 times I am sleeping in 20-60 minutes. It works just as well for me at 25 mg or 200 mg....same effect. Personally, 15 minutes after I take it though I absolutely will not give my OCD the time of day, not because it goes away but because if I do the medicine makes it harder to focus and deal with whatever is bothering me and it can go on and on worse than normal. And the more drowsy I get the worse it is to focus."

Anonymous January 23, 2012

For Insomnia "I was hospitalized and couldn't sleep due to intense anxiety in the hospital. I was given 50mg Seroquel. I felt the effects within 20 minutes, but then they kept getting stronger for well over an hour until my perceptions of time and space were very distorted. I couldn't even sit in a chair without feeling I was going to fall out of it. Next I started getting paranoid until 16 hours later I took Klonopin and everything went back to normal. If I was at home or work and took Seroquel for the first time, it would have been a disaster. I did sleep for a few hours while I was on it, though."

Anonymous January 21, 2012

For Insomnia "FANTASTIC! Just wonderful, I take 75mg every night. I chew three 25s, I find this is more effective (although it leaves your tongue feeling funny) and I've been doing that for about 1 year now, and it just knocks me out! but I experience no trouble getting up 6-8 hour's later. I would highly recommend this to someone having trouble sleeping."

sleep-ez January 17, 2012

For Insomnia "I am a 38 year old male. I have been deployed to Iraq 3 times and have very bad post traumatic stress disorder and could not sleep due to very bad dreams so my DR put me on 50mg Seroquel taken once at bed time and I sleep very well, in fact without it I do not sleep. I still have bad dreams (well that's what I am told) but I do not remember them and sleep right through them. I would recommend Seroquel to anyone who might be having the same problem that I was."

Iraq 2003-2007-2009 January 9, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking Seroquel (400 mg) for 8 years at bedtime for my bipolar II disorder - it works very well in calming the racing thoughts, the insomnia, the manic episodes and the overwhelming depression. However, it has caused some weight gain (20 lbs) and it does cause my heart to pound very hard about an hour and a half after I take it. Therefore my doctor has recently switched me to Geodon but I am still taking the Seroquel at 200 mg every other night because I was having withdrawal from stopping suddenly. Hopefully I will lose the weight I have gained on the Seroquel and will not experience the heart pounding side effect. Other than that, I highly recommend Seroquel. I give it an 8/10."

Glamrama2 January 7, 2012

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Seroquel is a life saver. I used to not be able to sleep, used to be stuck in my head. This has granted me a second chance to live a happy life."

Anonymous January 5, 2012

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Have been on and off Seroquel for a few years for severe obsessive compulsive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. Self harm has been a big compulsion for me. With this medicine it really helps reduce that and many other compulsions. Only big side effect is weight gain. But after being it for half a year I realize I'd rather be over weight then have the symptoms i typically have."

eli c. December 28, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "Was taking it for Bipolar, am also suffering from insomnia and this helped both very much!"

stillgoofy December 15, 2011

For Depression "Have been on Seroquel for 4 weeks for depression. I take it before bed. Still experiencing a "hangover" type feeling in the mornings. I gained 8 pounds in the first 3 weeks I took. Makes me want to eat even when I am not hungry. However, I am not crying as much, can handle day-to-day life better, and I haven't had chest pain or racing heart beats since I started, which is a great improvement. "

Anonymous December 13, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "I've had bad reactions to every mood stabilizer I've tried, but this was truly the scariest. I had to withdraw from college because I was sleeping constantly, crying for 8 hours at a time, and hallucinating. I eventually became suicidal and landed myself in the hospital for 2 weeks. I know that everyone reacts differently and finding the bipolar cocktail is a painful trial and error process, but if you have this experience, I wanted you to know you are not alone."

Anonymous December 9, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "At age 19 I have been taking Seroquel for more than a decade, as I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder extremely young. Seroquel is not a quick fix for an incurable syndrome that those diagnosed will continue to have to live with for the rest of their lives. Seroquel did not fix my sleep problems completely, although it did at first. Now I have to take extra sleep medication to quell my continually racing thoughts. I am still moody and I still do have meltdowns, but the frequency has decreased drastically. What Seroquel and other antipsychotics allow you to do is function in daily life to the best degree possible. I'm not saying everyone with manic depression should take it, because bipolar disorder is a different experience for everyone."

Anonymous December 5, 2011

For Insomnia "I would NOT recommend taking this medication for longer than a few weeks for insomnia. It works amazingly well at first, but then, over the course of time, you will need to up the dosage to get the same result. Over time, you will find that the medication makes you groggy and can cause weight gain. Then, when you try to get off, it is very, very hard. I was only on 50mgs for 6 months, and it has taken 2 months for my sleep to occur naturally more than in 2 hour increments. Overall it made my insomnia worse."

Lilylola December 5, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking Seroquel 200mg for over a year for Bipolar Disorder. After years of taking antidepressants I couldn't figure out why they weren't working. I was having really bad manic episodes that would last days to weeks, in which I was staying up for days at a time, spending money I didn't have and extreme OCD. My anxiety and mood swings were spinning out of control and I was failing as a mother. I started therapy and Seroquel and noticed an immediate difference in my manic episodes and insomnia. I gained weight at first but have since lost it over the course of the year. I am taking Aderrall during the day and I am back in college, working as a full time accountant and am able to relax at night with my family."

Anonymous December 4, 2011