User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 134 reviews 48 medications

7.7
Schizophrenia 7 reviews 36 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 17 reviews 28 medications

6.8
Summary of Seroquel reviews 158 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Seroquel

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Helped "clear up" my foggy mind.

October 13, 2011 4:58 PM

Review by cottonkandie:

For Schizoaffective Disorder: This medication made me gain lots of weight and after being on it for about a year or so I suddenly stopped being able to breathe after taking it. So I was placed on a different medicine.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 9, 2011 4:01 PM

Review by jayjaycub:

For Depression: I was very reluctant when my doctor suggested Seroquel for my condition. I had been on it before as a sleep aid and while it did improve my sleep greatly, I was miserable the next day. This time he wanted me on it round the clock, and it has made a huge difference. It would seem strange that something which makes you drowsy would help depression too, but for me, this seems to have been the case. I've had very little depression since we got up to the full dose. I'm now on Seroquel XR 200mg.

September 15, 2011 7:55 AM

Review by Less Than Human:

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: My personal reaction to Seroquel was essentially "The lights are on, but no one is home". I was so despondent I could handle no more than two weeks of the medication.

September 3, 2011 4:09 PM

Review by jennpugli:

For Bipolar Disorder: I was becoming very paranoid for no reason at all and in fact I felt I was justified! This takes all that away and helps me sleep at night too.

August 31, 2011 2:59 AM

For Insomnia: I started this medicine after my 3rd child and severe post-partum psychosis followed brought on my insomnia. My hormones were so whack, that I literally didn't sleep for about 2 months. I was hallucinating and everything. My baby was great, but I just didn't sleep. I tried Benadryl, Ambien, anti-depressants. Long story short, I ended up in a behavior unit and the doctors saved my life with Seroquel for sleep. They gave me 300mg of Seroquel, Risperdal and 1mg of Klonopin for about 4 days. I felt like a new person! I slept all 4 days and felt normal again. I weaned off everything except Seroquel and take between 100 and 125mg every night. I hate having to take it, but I feel so good everyday from having slept 7-8hrs the night before.

August 23, 2011 3:27 PM

Review by Shalisha:

For Depression: I was diagnosed with mild bipolar disorder, depression, post traumatic stress disorder, generalized anxiety. Most of my adult life I had insomnia. I use Seroquel 50 mg once a day and Celexa. The Seroquel stopped the racing thoughts, generalized anxiety, allows me to sleep well at night, and I'm able to think things through rationally. Seroquel is the best medicine for me. I love it. I used to only take it at night as I would fall asleep immediately, but now I'm able to take it during the day.

August 22, 2011 9:55 AM

Review by TwitchingRabbit:

For Tourette's Syndrome: I am trying Seroquel for Tourette's and have noticed no difference. But my general level of anxiety has decreased and my sex drive is much higher! When I first started Seroquel my obsessive compulsive disorder symptoms became much worse but they are now better than they were before I started taking it. I feel more in the moment during the day. Bad part: I get goofy after I take it (I have to take it at night because it knocks me out) and I am having abdominal pains every day and mild diarrhea so I will have to stop taking it soon. I don't know if this is a side effect or not but at night when I am lying in bed I have started getting weird sensations in my hips and then my legs will kick out violently. This happens every minute or so until I fall asleep.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2011 3:58 PM

Review by Sydney L:

For Insomnia: I've been taking this medication for quite awhile, and while it worked at first, I noticed that I quickly started building up a tolerance to it. Every couple of weeks, my dose is increased, and it's been very frustrating. While it does get me to sleep, it doesn't help me stay asleep. Also, there has been a tremendous amount of weight gain, which I can't lose even with diet and exercise. Great for short term, not for long term.

August 2, 2011 9:22 PM

For Insomnia: I am a 34 y/o female in the Army with post traumatic stress disorder and insomnia. I may take it around 9pm and wont fall asleep until 1 or 2 am. I will remain sleep but it makes me hungry. I have been observed eating while sleep.

July 27, 2011 9:09 AM

Review by qwerty_lv:

For Bipolar Disorder: This medicine works like a miracle. It keep me very stable, I haven't got major mood swings anymore. With Seroquel I feel very stable and happy. I also take Depakote.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2011 8:38 AM

For Insomnia: I was prescribed 75mg of Seroquel for insomnia. It worked like a charm, for about the first week. Then it made me sleep too much. I was sleeping 12-14 hours a day and was still waking up groggy. As well as gaining around 25 pounds in a matter of 2 months my physician and I both decided that it would be better to stop taking it. But I still will keep the rest of the medicine I have just in case there are one of those nights that I can absolutely not sleep. Great medicine, just not for me.

July 20, 2011 7:23 AM

Review by specialklh:

For Insomnia: I've been taking Seroquel for two years or so now, and it works quite well for me. I'm sensitive to drugs like Ambien and Lunesta (they make me furious), so when Trazdone stopped working for me after 10 years--my insomnia's pretty bad--I was pleased that this works. I'm less pleased with the cost.

July 11, 2011 11:47 AM

Review by Ms. Brown:

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I've been using Seroquel now for 4 years. I suffer with anxiety and can't sleep at night. Seroquel has helped me sleep and helps me throughout the day with my anxiety, if I feel anxious I take a 25mg and it alleviates the anxiety for me. I think it's very good for both. It has helped me tremendously.

July 5, 2011 2:15 PM

For Insomnia: Causes too much daytime drowsiness. Works well as a sleep aid but, there is too much carry-over sleepiness during the day.

June 30, 2011 4:36 PM

Review by Cab420:

For Insomnia: I think a small amount(25-100mgs) is a pretty good amount and a safe medicine for insomnia, or for people who have OCD, or any kind of compulsive behaviors that are so bad that they hinder their lives in a negative way. Ask your doctor about this medicine if you think you will benefit from the sedating and calming effects of Seroquel! I use it at night to sleep, about 50-100mg only when needed but I also feel a bit more relaxed in the morning when I wake up after taking the Seroquel. Helps me until I have to have my Valium for generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks.

June 29, 2011 2:56 AM

Review by maxzee:

For Paranoid Disorder: After seeing my GP I was prescribed 200mg at night and had my first night sleep in months. Seroquel simply saved my life, it calmed me down stopped my racing heart/mind and burning body. Over time I have been able to reduce my dose to 50mg at night and wake up refreshed for work. In the morning I drink plenty of water or weak tea, also found B vitamins or multivitamins worked well along with magnesium tablet or powder three times a day.

June 25, 2011 7:50 AM

Review by 411:

For Insomnia: I have been taking Seroquel For a while now, A side from being extremely hungry when I wake up, groggy, and the weight gain. It is a really good sleep aid. I am currently on 200mg. Not only am I less stressed and anxious but it slows me down to a point where I can actually think clearly rather than having racing thoughts and it tones down the late night activity greatly. I still work out and am very active but it is a lot less extreme thanks to Seroquel.

June 23, 2011 7:20 AM

For Depression: Made migraines a lot worse and sunk me into worst depression. I guess it works for some people.

June 21, 2011 5:16 PM

Review by sonshinejewels:

For Insomnia: Seroquel has saved me from the anxiety of not falling asleep at night. I too was on Ambien and some natural supplements. I felt like I was living outside myself in a fog. After Seroquel, I sleep and I'm rested. Occasionally have killer nightmares that are different than other dreaming I've had. I did gain about 10 pounds as I got the munchies before I went to bed. I have that under control and I'm not munching, have lost 5-6lbs. Did have a terrible time getting up in the morning, but I am hypothyroid. Doctor added 100 mgs of Wellbutrin and I can get up now. Wish I could sleep without all that, but can express the level of gratitude for this gift.

June 19, 2011 6:37 PM

For Insomnia: I was originally prescribed Seroquel to help me sleep after a traumatic experience and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I took half a 25mg pill. I have also had chronic insomnia for over 15 years which I manage with Xanax, however when I experience an increase in stress and anxiety to which I cannot manage with exercise and diet, I will add half a dose of Seroquel at night to help me sleep more soundly. I find that I need to take it early in the evening so that I wake up refreshed. It does leave me with a slight grogginess, whereas Xanax alone does not however Xanax has a shorter half life and there are times when I wake up in the middle of the night. Very happy overall with Seroquel for treating insomnia and glad my Dr. had the wisdom to know how to help me.

June 10, 2011 2:07 PM

For Bipolar Disorder: I had been on Depakote for years for my bipolar disorder. But it did not help my depression. Antidepressants seemed to cause hypomania. After starting on Seroquel, I am sleeping better and my mood is more stable. I am less likely to have rapid cycling, and my episodes of either depression or hypomania are more likely to be short-lived.

June 5, 2011 9:53 PM

Review by Bipolar man:

For Depression: Taking low dose, 25-50mg at bedtime for about two years. I was tired during the day, so we switched to hydroxyzine for the sleep. Bad idea, as I was very irritable and after about 6 months wound up back in the hospital. Low dose Seroquel has positively changed my life. My psych says low dose has remarkable effect on bipolar patients in his practice.

May 17, 2011 1:35 PM

For Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel is an amazing medicine if you have received a proper diagnosis. Since about age 6, I have suffered with painfully debilitating depression. Most days I could barely pretend to engage and talk to people. I would just sit in my room and cry for hours almost everyday. I also experienced horrible paranoia involving the belief that someone was watching me. My parents were very opposed to any medical treatment for my condition so I just suffered though multiple suicide attempts, self injury, and other serious emotional issues until the age 21. I finally gathered the courage to seek treatment for my condition. After years of absolute hell on earth my life is back together, thanks to Seroquel.

May 3, 2011 1:39 PM

For Bipolar Disorder: So far so good. I have been on Remeron (30 mg) for 3 years. It stopped being effective almost a year ago. Since then I have tried many other things. Finally my doctor suggested Seroquel (100 mg at bedtime), in addition to the Remeron. I noticed the difference almost immediately -- within 24 hours. Severe depression symptoms have eased off and also less anxiety. Unlike others, I have had no grogginess with it so far. So, while its early in the game, Seroquel looks to be good so far. Will post update as my treatment time continues.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate