User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Seroquel review summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 56 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Seroquel to treat Schizophrenia

Review by country mom (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I was prescribed this for paranoid Psychosis and depression. At first I was to take a half of a 100mg tablet at night for a week then raise to the whole pill. After taking the half the first night at eight and feeling drunk I decided this might not be for me so I cut the half in half and take a quarter pill a night. It has helped me sleep and seems to curve my over thinking things and thinking that every comment or conversation on social media is about me. I think also by getting off social media altogether it also helped my situation. But overall good medication, it's the only thing I take.

February 21, 2013 4:55 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Seroquel worked in getting rid of my psychotic symptoms (voices, etc). It was a hard medication to go on, I would need to sleep 12 hours during the first week and I would wake up in that 12 hours in an almost intoxicated state. There was nothing that would wake me up in the morning but I think during medication changes it is important to listen to your body so I rested and in a week, that went away. I came off Risperidone in that first week as well so that may have contributed. The medication did make me sweat a LOT and it would take me a long time to cool down on it. My dyskensic side effects from risperidone went away. But I had to come off Seroquel in a month because I had an allergic 3 weeks in...watch out for tight throat/trouble swallowing.

December 21, 2012 11:00 PM
Review by Correlation (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

I take a dose of 600mg at night time (because it makes me sleep). I wish that I could take less because I don't like that it makes me so tired but I need it to stay sane. I've been on it for 5 years and I used to sleep about 12 hours but now it's down to 9. The good thing about Seroquel is that I have only sleeping as a side effect. I have been on other meds and had everything, dry mouth, blurred vision, drooling, constipation, you name it, I had it. So Seroquel is at least good for that. The only bad thing in the last 2 years I have noticed over-thinking and like a conversation going on in my head but I cant find a good medicine and I don't want to increase Seroquel because of the sleepiness

December 11, 2012 4:10 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

No anti-psychotic medicine is perfect. But Seroquel is quite okay. Gives you a good night of sleep. You can feel dizzy. But the best is no extra pyramidal symptoms. I tried 4 or 5 other antipsychotics but this as good as it gets considering side effects.

May 18, 2012 4:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel was a God send for me. I've been on it for 7 years and its the best medication I've been on for hallucinations and the voices I heard on a daily basis. It does however make me extremely tired so I take it half hour before I go to bed. I did get a little weight gain but I would rather have weight gain than hearing voices and seeing things any day. Amazing medication.

September 24, 2010 7:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Pretty good medication for the condition. My thoughts are more straight and I seem to have less visual and auditory distortions. It is sedating though and takes a little time for your body to adjust to it. I take 100mg in the morning and 400mg at night, seems to work pretty good in combination with Effexor for depression, and it's decent for mild anxiety (however if you have major anxiety, it may not be enough on its own).

February 19, 2009 6:41 PM
Review by Schizyjoe:

It worked really well for a little while but I've started having delusions again. It still helps though. It also puts you to sleep.

December 16, 2008 1:24 PM