User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Seroquel Review Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 57 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Seroquel to treat Schizophrenia

"I've been on seroquel twice now. I was hearing voices all day that affected my PTSD, then it was a falling block thing with my anxiety and depression. I love this medication because I also have sleeping problems - falling asleep and staying asleep. There's XR and non XR (time release). I'm on 450; the higher you are on, the longer it takes to fall asleep. The only bad thing about this medication is weight gain. Be careful with that. I did research on all schizophrenic medications and they all cause weight gain. Just a note; the reason I pay $60 is because I need to take 300 + 150 to make 450. The XR is $15 more. I go under blue cross blue shield, if this helps anyone."

ZeldaKitten June 22, 2015

"I'm been on Seroquel since been diagnosed (now 18 months). Started taking 50g but now I'm on 100g. I've got to the point on this medication that the side effects are too much. Constantly tired. Feel very vague. My memory is terrible. I'm starting to forget about things I've already done. Still very paranoid. Also I'm still having panic attacks. So for me, it's time to move on and try something new (Olanzapine)."

zaiyd&lola (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 6, 2014

"Seroquel- Out of Risperdal, Zyprexa, Trilafon, Abilify, Haldol, and Geodon, Seroquel is by far the best one. At lower doses, it is good for anxiety. You don't feel like a zombie on it. Obviously it helps you sleep, but at lower doses you won't be sleepy or if you just take it at bed time. Abilify and Haldol turned me into a complete zombie it was terrible. Risperdal had sexual side effects and of course the breast growth issue, but I would say Risperdal is the second best one behind Seroquel. Haldol and Abilify help paranoia big time but they also exasperate anxiety, definitely stay away from those. Geodon and Zyprexa are worse than those medicines. Geodon made me disoriented, helpless, still very paranoid. Zyprexa is probably the second worst."

Corksters (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2014

"I was prescribed this for paranoid Psychosis and depression. At first I was to take a half of a 100mg tablet at night for a week then raise to the whole pill. After taking the half the first night at eight and feeling drunk I decided this might not be for me so I cut the half in half and take a quarter pill a night. It has helped me sleep and seems to curve my over thinking things and thinking that every comment or conversation on social media is about me. I think also by getting off social media altogether it also helped my situation. But overall good medication, it's the only thing I take."

country mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2013

"Seroquel worked in getting rid of my psychotic symptoms (voices, etc). It was a hard medication to go on, I would need to sleep 12 hours during the first week and I would wake up in that 12 hours in an almost intoxicated state. There was nothing that would wake me up in the morning but I think during medication changes it is important to listen to your body so I rested and in a week, that went away. I came off Risperidone in that first week as well so that may have contributed. The medication did make me sweat a LOT and it would take me a long time to cool down on it. My dyskensic side effects from risperidone went away. But I had to come off Seroquel in a month because I had an allergic 3 weeks in...watch out for tight throat/trouble swallowing."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2012

"I take a dose of 600mg at night time (because it makes me sleep). I wish that I could take less because I don't like that it makes me so tired but I need it to stay sane. I've been on it for 5 years and I used to sleep about 12 hours but now it's down to 9. The good thing about Seroquel is that I have only sleeping as a side effect. I have been on other meds and had everything, dry mouth, blurred vision, drooling, constipation, you name it, I had it. So Seroquel is at least good for that. The only bad thing in the last 2 years I have noticed over-thinking and like a conversation going on in my head but I cant find a good medicine and I don't want to increase Seroquel because of the sleepiness"

Correlation (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 11, 2012

"No anti-psychotic medicine is perfect. But Seroquel is quite okay. Gives you a good night of sleep. You can feel dizzy. But the best is no extra pyramidal symptoms. I tried 4 or 5 other antipsychotics but this as good as it gets considering side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2012

"Seroquel was a God send for me. I've been on it for 7 years and its the best medication I've been on for hallucinations and the voices I heard on a daily basis. It does however make me extremely tired so I take it half hour before I go to bed. I did get a little weight gain but I would rather have weight gain than hearing voices and seeing things any day. Amazing medication."

Anonymous September 24, 2010

"Pretty good medication for the condition. My thoughts are more straight and I seem to have less visual and auditory distortions. It is sedating though and takes a little time for your body to adjust to it. I take 100mg in the morning and 400mg at night, seems to work pretty good in combination with Effexor for depression, and it's decent for mild anxiety (however if you have major anxiety, it may not be enough on its own)."

Anonymous February 19, 2009

"It worked really well for a little while but I've started having delusions again. It still helps though. It also puts you to sleep."

Schizyjoe December 16, 2008