User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 130 reviews 48 medications

7.7
Schizoaffective Disorder 16 reviews 28 medications

Schizophrenia 7 reviews 36 medications

Summary of Seroquel reviews 153 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Seroquel

Review by StableandGreatful:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I have had Bipolar one for 8 years now. I use 50 mg of Seroquel, with 100 mg Lamictal, and 900 mg of Trileptal. Seroquel is great for sleep, which is critical for me. I also use good sleep hygiene with the Seroquel to make sure I get my 8 hours every single night. I am managing my bipolar very well, and for this I am very thankful to these medicines.

July 30, 2013 10:17 AM
Review by srrandall (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel is fantastic. I've been taking it for bipolar and inability to sleep. The only problem I've had is severe restless leg syndrome. That side effect is knocked out by 2 mg of Requip.

June 28, 2013 4:31 AM
Review by Arnyswan: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Works well, it has helped me out a lot.

June 18, 2013 5:10 PM
Review by StayinAlive (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I have Bipolar I Disorder, and was prescribed Seroquel for insomnia and anxiety. At only 25mg, it helps me sleep like a baby. I get 8 hours of the most restful sleep I have ever had. It also helps with the racing thoughts and screaming voices in my head. I cannot thank God enough for bringing this medication into my life.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 5, 2013 12:58 PM
Review by BABYGIRL1178 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was diagnosed with bipolar when I was 14 years old I am now 34 years old. I have been many different medications for my bipolar. Seroquel has been a wonderful medication. I take 1000mg at bedtime. I have been on it for almost 16 years. It works well for me.

May 31, 2013 3:15 AM
Review by lizzy1994: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: You can be very angry and go off on someone and then you take this medicine and then you think that you never went off on that person.

April 25, 2013 10:11 PM
Review by cmw94: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I just started taking Seroquel(50mg) for now at bed time, and will eventually increase the dose to 150mg when told to by my doctor. So far, I have experienced serious trouble waking up the next morning, but my doctor says this will go away as I continue to take it. As a teenager, I can honestly say it has helped so far, and that I highly recommend it to others who have struggled as I have.

April 16, 2013 1:56 PM
Review by gertie67 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: Gained excessive amounts of weight. Made me feel catatonic.

March 24, 2013 11:39 AM
Review by DirtyDrew (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I had great success at doses of 200-400mg. Anything above that and I black out an hour after taking it. I found out later I had been writing belligerent texts, yelling at my children, and verbally abusing my wife. Im going to ask for 300mg since it helped my insomnia, and made me content and happy the next day. All without the horrible side effects listed above. I have tried Geodon, it gave me severe tachycardia, and yet made me too tired to function. A horrible inescapable feeling as the tachycardia made sleep impossible. Zyprexa just made me fat and gave me restless legs so bad I couldn't sleep. Seroquel is best by far, but have your loved ones monitor you.

March 11, 2013 11:59 AM
Review by DirtyDrew (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was prescribed 200-700mg for bipolar with psychotic features. At 200-400mg I slept well and woke up happy and felt content. Some symptoms remained, thus the increase to 700mg. At that level I had nightly blackouts where I would write belligerent texts to loved ones at night, and have no memory of it. I was horrified to learn of it later. I've tried Geodon and Zyprexa with bad results like drooling somnolence and tachycardia. Next doctor visit I will ask to be put on 300 Seroquel. I had good results at that level, and wish to return to that. Looking forward to it. I'm not on any anti-psychotic currently and I feel anxious.

March 11, 2013 1:22 AM
Review by Matty A (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Slight improvement in mood, yet still witness episodes of bipolarity/depression, sometimes lasting more than 24 hrs in duration (previously these episodes could last a week or more) not so down and out all the time, negative effect on sexual 'drive', no real urge to even engage with the opposite sex, let alone participate in sexual activity

March 6, 2013 10:38 PM
Review by freednerd (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Took for bipolar disorder (for the depression). In small doses, this caused me to be too sleepy to function. When I took a large dose at night however, it knocked me out and I was good the next day. This really did help with the depression and mood swings. However, it caused significant weight gain. I had to stop taking this when a job had ended and I no longer had insurance. I fought insomnia for around 6 months, but after that time was finally able to sleep again and the weight came out. I would recommend this for someone who really needs it, but not until other medicines have been tried first with no success.

February 27, 2013 12:54 PM
Review by JJJ2405: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I have found Seroquel to be very helpful in my life. I was on high antidepressant medicines but gave those up. The Seroquel helps me lead a normal life by allowing me to sleep and calm down after long working hours in a high demand job. I take 100mg before dinner which helps my appetite also. I would not take Seroquel during the day as I feel it would inhibit my ability to communicate at work. From what I've read some interpolate the effects of the medicines in differing ways but I can honestly say it has saved me from a very dark place. Expensive but worth the cost.

February 23, 2013 12:57 AM
Review by country mom (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: I was prescribed this for paranoid Psychosis and depression. At first I was to take a half of a 100mg tablet at night for a week then raise to the whole pill. After taking the half the first night at eight and feeling drunk I decided this might not be for me so I cut the half in half and take a quarter pill a night. It has helped me sleep and seems to curve my over thinking things and thinking that every comment or conversation on social media is about me. I think also by getting off social media altogether it also helped my situation. But overall good medication, it's the only thing I take.

February 21, 2013 4:55 PM
Review by one more (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I took Seroquel for a year and a half. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I can say for the most part the medicine did help me. I was taking 50mgs because I have kids. It helped me along with therapy to deal with my depression. I had to stop.

February 21, 2013 3:39 PM
Review by BPD_Battle (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was prescribed this for sleep and my doctor told me it has multiple uses and can be used for Bi Polar as well. Unfortunately this medication causes auditory hallucinations I am a 24 year old male and I will have to have a talk with my doctor about this.

February 5, 2013 12:49 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I have bipolar problems and I'm taking 500mg Seroquel prolong once a day. It really has helped me on my mood swings. It's been five years now and I'm on methadone treatment too. I don't have any problems, I sleep pretty good now and I'm more stable.

February 5, 2013 11:24 AM
Review by gtbaker: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: I take Seroquel for schizo-affective disorder. I also take Prolixin in addition to that and an anti-depressant. I have had schizophrenia/schizoaffective disorder for about 4 years now. The reason I name both schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder is because I go in and out of delusions that seem very real, but I have discerned to just brush most of them off as normal things I interpret as conspiracies or straight out someone wishing me to be dead. It can be fairly scary but it has made me much stronger and now I still constantly get the voices but no longer do I go months, day after day, of thinking someone out there has it in for me or other delusions. Seroquel, in my opinion has made me much less paranoid.

January 18, 2013 2:54 PM
Review by shygirl346: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Was prescribed this for voices and insomnia but is making sleep life and awake life a complete blur!

January 4, 2013 9:28 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: Seroquel worked in getting rid of my psychotic symptoms (voices, etc). It was a hard medication to go on, I would need to sleep 12 hours during the first week and I would wake up in that 12 hours in an almost intoxicated state. There was nothing that would wake me up in the morning but I think during medication changes it is important to listen to your body so I rested and in a week, that went away. I came off Risperidone in that first week as well so that may have contributed. The medication did make me sweat a LOT and it would take me a long time to cool down on it. My dyskensic side effects from risperidone went away. But I had to come off Seroquel in a month because I had an allergic 3 weeks in...watch out for tight throat/trouble swallowing.

December 21, 2012 11:00 PM
Review by EmSea (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Love Seroquel. Changed my life.

December 13, 2012 10:26 AM
Review by Correlation (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: I take a dose of 600mg at night time (because it makes me sleep). I wish that I could take less because I don't like that it makes me so tired but I need it to stay sane. I've been on it for 5 years and I used to sleep about 12 hours but now it's down to 9. The good thing about Seroquel is that I have only sleeping as a side effect. I have been on other meds and had everything, dry mouth, blurred vision, drooling, constipation, you name it, I had it. So Seroquel is at least good for that. The only bad thing in the last 2 years I have noticed over-thinking and like a conversation going on in my head but I cant find a good medicine and I don't want to increase Seroquel because of the sleepiness

December 11, 2012 4:10 AM
Review by judykaye (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: This one is good for me.

December 11, 2012 1:18 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: They started me on 50mg twice during the day and 100mg at night and at first it worked miracles. Eliminated my panic attacks, I slept regularly again for the first time in ages. But over time the effects came back and as I'm typing this I'm even having a panic attack. And now I am up to 200mg twice during the day and 400mg at night.

December 8, 2012 11:00 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel has been a medication which has helped me overcome many difficulties in life.

December 3, 2012 11:30 PM