User Reviews for Seroquel (Page 2)

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 202 reviews 33 medications

7.3
Schizoaffective Disorder 26 reviews 28 medications

Schizophrenia 13 reviews 42 medications

6.7
Summary of Seroquel reviews 241 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Seroquel

For Bipolar Disorder "Turned me into a dribbling zombie. Everyone thought I was drunk. Horrible."

salyy65346757 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I am dx'd with bipolar II plus other psych diagnoses and have tried multiple meds since 2004 and all of them caused such horrible side effects that I couldn't take them. Now in 2016 I am willing to try again. I fought my Dr for many years and she insisted that If I would only listen to her that I would feel much better and not have to suffer with my rollercoaster emotions. The down is so bad now that I finally couldn't stand myself any longer so I told her I'm willing to try Seroquel. I took it for a month only to find out that it causes VERY low libido. I know that sanity is more important than a libido, but come on!!! Isn't there an RX that works like Seroquel without the low libido effect? Help!!! otherwise this medicine is perfect."

lintek (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm not sure how I feel about this drug helping with my bipolar. I'm on lamictal for that and was put on seroquel to help with it until I was on a high enough dosage of that and truly did not feel it made any difference. I have stayed on a low dose of seroquel simply because I LOVE the sedative effects. If there was an option on here for the reason we were taking it was "insomnia" I would have put that. I never realized how awful I was sleeping until this medicine. 50mg a night and I get an amazing nights sleep. No more waking up to every little sound despite sleeping with a noise maker. It's amazing."

Mellooo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I was put on Seroquel for severe anxiety and suspected bipolar. Let me begin with this. Do not EVER TAKE THIS IF YOU HAVE ASTHMA. You know that horrible drying effect that many antihistamines have resulting in asthma attacks? This is much worse. I started out with an 8th of a tablet (12.5mg). This gave me a calm, sleepy feeling that would put me to sleep for bed and would last until roughly 5pm the next day. But when I upped the dose to 37.2mg I had a really bad asthma attack, heart pounding and my ears rang which lasted 2 weeks after I discontinued the med. Not a pleasant experience for someone with severe anxiety. Be very cautious. Up the dosage more slowly than the MD recommends. I was to start 50mg/night"

Tacodog (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

"I'm 47 and have severe insomnia associated with Young Onset Parkinson's. Normally I take stilnox/Ambien nightly for sleep but recently I went through a 2 month period when the Ambien was not working effectively so my doctor gave me this stuff...It gave me the worst, most vivid nightmares I can ever remember having. Thankfully the Ambien is back to working so I won't be taking this horrendous stuff ever again.....If you have Parkinson's, I would definitely just say no to seroguel as I have talked to several other Parkinson's patients that have had a bad time with it."

Draco2023a (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Misdiagnosed as bipolar when it was GAD. Weaned myself off after severe blood pressure and white blood cell drops. Dr. refused to help me stop this drug and refused to change diagnosis. I weaned myself off - it took almost 3 mos. it's been over a year and my sleep pattern has been destroyed. New doctor has me on Trazadone - 250mg, which I took in the past. Now the Trazadone only keeps me asleep 3-4 hours. White blood cell count and blood pressure have normalized. "

M-Li January 10, 2016

For Schizophrenia "I've been taking seroquel for 17 years . I am diagnosed as schizophrenic but for the last 10 years I have had very little symptoms. After 6 years of being shifted from one med to another all of which made me feel awful, made me put on weight and had no effect on my condition.I was happy to be put on seroquel purely because I felt normal but still had very little effect on my symptoms. I was very reluctant to change meds again so stuck with it . I had my energy back and was getting out exercising and started to loose the weight I'd put on . The schizophrenia was still there but at least I was getting a break from just sitting there with it. It took a while but after 2-3 years the symptoms started to decrease and just kept on decreasing ."

Bazzzaaa1 (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2016

For Schizophrenia "I've been taking this drug for a few months I'm on a very high dose (800mg). I was finding on lower doses my paranoia was overwhelming and my depression was getting to the suicidal point. Now I'm on a higher dose I'm like a zombie, lack of motivation in everything I do. For me personally, I do not think its the right drug for me but everyone takes to medications differently"

English friend (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have a complicated relationship with this drug. On one hand, I've been on everything for depression (specifically), and nothing helped. I'm talking like 20 medications here, so it's been a rollercoaster. most antidepressants were useless for me and the time period for effectiveness is usually over 1 month. Seroquel usually takes 2 weeks to start having an effect. It works for my depression - but I'm sedated and have to sleep a lot. Being a student can make this challenging. shift work and the like would be hard too. It's my last bet for now because I literally start to crumble to psychosis without it. However it is debilitating and feels restrictive. Beats the psych ward I guess. good luck and keep trying, sometimes it takes a while."

Rayacccc December 31, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel is amazing for me, I take 100mg in morning and 300 at night"

equare (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 5, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have taken a low dose of Seroquel (100mg) for 9 months. Over this time the full on cravings and my weight have slowly crept up on me. I worry if they keep going like this that I may end up with diabetes. I have put on 12kgs extra since I started on March 5th 2015. I also have no feeling down there during sex- just feels like pressure or a massage- I have no enjoyment. I am also on Lithium and Lovan. Neither of these medications have caused these problems in the past. My boyfriend says I have improved since being on this drug. I think I will with the help of my doctor take myself off this drug."

L4uwz5 December 5, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Where do I even start? Been fighting my crazy mood and bipolar disorder since I was an adolescent. Was prescribed this years back, and slowly I saw my life start to tangle up. Mood problems got worse, could not feel much remorse or feelings, just dampened emotions that got harder to control. I strongly believe this medicine harmed my mental health during one of the times the brain develops significantly. Been off for exactly a year and still recovering. Finally I can sleep through the night after about 10 months, but still dealing and slowly on the way back from a miserable journey of anxiety, insomnia, and instability. Mood should arguably be stabilized, not muted and worsened by this medication. Be safe"

OnTheWayBack (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 28, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Seroquel has been ineffective for me at dosages below 600mg. Even at 600mg my symptoms are decreased slightly. I have been on lower dosages of other medications that have worked better."

RowdyB88 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 27, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel helped with my panic attacks and break downs, but it made me feel lifeless (which I prefer versus crying). However I experienced ever side effect listed and even ended up in the ER! My heart was beating uncontrollably and sharp pains, I thought I was having a heart attack. I had to get monitored for 6 hours. Also I lost strength in moving limbs. It works but too many side effects. "

Oniomania November 27, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I was misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder 10 years ago (recently found out it is actually PTSD/c-PTSD) and I was started on 1200mg of serquel. I was a zombie! I didn't want to do anything but sleep. I was so tired all day. One day after taking my medication and then sleeping 10 hours, I then got in my car and was driving somewhere and feel asleep at the wheel. I total my car but luckily I wasn't hurt and no one else was involved. I lost my job. The "best" part though was the 110 pound weight gain I had in less then a year of taking this poison. I've been off of the crap for about 3 years now but still can't drop the weight it caused me to gain. Please be careful if considering taking this drug it almost ruined my life."

Doesmynamereallymatter November 25, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I was on Seroquel from November of 2014 to September of 2015. This medicine, was terrible. By the end of me being on it I was up to 400mg. Before I started taking this medicine I was losing weight, and bam all the weight I lost came back. I was sleeping all the time, I didn't have the energy to do the things I loved. My mood swings were getting worse. I hated myself on it. it was awful."

CNC514 November 9, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "l had immediate results when first taking seroquel l felt alot calmer and mood improved. Since then my symptoms worsened and l have found no benefit at all"

angetunb October 24, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel is great. Been taking it for seven years. I take 200mg at night for bipolar. It does take time to get used to it. I does cause me to get hungry 30 minute's after taking in it. Just eat a healthy snack. At first I did gain a couple pounds. Searching on line did not help. Everyone's complains how much you need to eat. It's self control. I make sure to exercise everyday. And trust me it's no easy. There's day I have no energy. But I tell my self I have 3 little girl's and have to make sure I do not get fat and unhealthy. I have bad mood swings with out it. It caused me to make it miserable for my wife and kids and coworkers. Driving was a mission everyday."

Mike cal October 15, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "My mom was prescribed Seroquel in 2010 for dementia ! I talked to my pharmacist. Tom, he showed me the FDA's warning; Seroquel had been given the highest warning "Black Boxed" Mom had Dementia, was 75 yrs old, and weighed 76lbs, she died in October, '11"

JPhurts (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 15, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking 100mg for over a month and had quite the reverse of increased appetite or weight gain, although this could be due to the low dose. But also I feel my manic behaviour is not necessarily under full control whilst the tablet also makes it near impossible for me to get up before 7am on consecutive days. All in all though I do feel more balanced, productive and a better sense of self purpose and an ability to plan realistically on this drug. Although at this stage I am keeping a close eye on feelings of paranoia creeping in. It can be hard to tolerate the side effects of this drug though."

Bex8926 October 15, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "This was the first anti-psychotic I was put on, I was pushed into it by my psychiatrist at the time. I was on a low dose, 150mg. I took it for four months before taking myself off it due to extreme tiredness and horrific weight gain...I gained over 2.5 stones in the time I was on it, despite managing my food intake very carefully and exercising rigorously. A couple of years later I wound up being prescribed Seroquel again, this time at 300mg. Same as last time it really knocked me out and once again I gained weight. This med did nothing for my mood, but I kept being told to 'give the medication time to work.' After 6 months I came off it again. Since weaning off the med I haven't slept properly, and that was almost 3 months ago."

WhichMed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Worst medication ever! I took a small dose of 50 mg at bedtime and it gave me the WORST sugar cravings and made me eat uncontrollably!! I took seroquel for 9 months and gained 40 pounds. Do not take this medication it destroyed my health!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "Of all medications I have taken for mental illnesses, Seroquel has been the most effective. It started working almost immediately. At first 25mg nightly, then 50mg, to 75mg, to 100mg only at bed time due to the drowsiness that accompanies it. I now take 150mg at bed and 25mg with breakfast and 25mg at lunch time which is keeping anxiety at bay. It required an increase monthly for me until now. The biggest benefit was treatment of insomnia, which in turn helped me manage my days better. It hasn't been effective in preventing or even reducing the effects of mania which is why it didn't get a full 10/10 from me. The worse side effect has been the constant weight gain."

TheSunWillRiseToBetterDays September 12, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on Seroquel for over 5 years, with varying doses ranging from 50 mg/day to 400 mg/day, for treatment resistent depression initially and bipolar disorder II recently, and it's been a gift from God. It doesn't cause the terrible inner restlessness that older antipsychotics or newer ones like Geodon, Risperdal, and Latuda produce, and it's effective against bipolar depression. I would give it a 10, but the side effects can be hard to deal with (drowsiness, tachycardia, BP changes)."

elgringodenm September 6, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder "It's a great medication. It helps me out a lot, the only thing is the weight gain. I've gain 30 pounds being on seroquel, if only there's another medicine you can take with it so you don't gain the weight that would be great"

kecasue (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2015