User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 158 reviews 46 medications

7.8
Schizophrenia 10 reviews 37 medications

7.1
Schizoaffective Disorder 21 reviews 28 medications

6.9
Summary of Seroquel reviews 189 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Seroquel

For Bipolar Disorder "This is my 2nd time on seroquel and now that I actually know two shits about mental disorder, I really do like seroquel. I've always had a terrible time falling and staying asleep which it helps with greatly, and my ridiculous bipolar tendencies it puts to rest. I recommend seroquel if it works for you. I've never had a single negative side effect from it but some people do. Every brain is different :)"

ahtibat87 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 5, 2013

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have just started Quetiapine (Seroquel) going form 25mg to 75mg now. I was previously using lithium and have gradually reduced it to 250mg, now I do not take it and have replaced with seroquel. I am concerned about the side effects at higher doses and I would like to know if anyone has gone from using lithium to seroquel as a modd stabilsier. I am doing this as I am trying to get pregnant and my doctor has told me that seroquel is a good substitute up to the 2nd trimester of a pregnancy where I would re-introduce lithium."

Charloo (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been a bipolar as of 26 years. After my first and huge depression, I have not missed lithium not even for a day. I have had a really good acceptance to Seroquel, but not to Seroquel XR. The difference is huge, and XR plays with your sleep patterns and more. The insatiable hunger is so, so, true as is the weight gain. I just eat less and less and less and as a person who has had an amazing metabolism, still am 105lbs. After 3 children, my teen weight, I am now at 115lbs and I hate it. But I have no desire to stop Seroquel."

october 16 October 3, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking Seroquel for about a year and I can honestly say I don't ever want to live without it. No other medicine had any effect on controlling my extreme mood swings and delusional/psychotic thinking. The sleepiness (which I now find very helpful) and morning fog were bothersome, but I've gladly adapted my schedule to allow 8-9 hrs sleep nightly."

WildcatVet (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 2, 2013

"I've been taking this since January 2013 for depression and insomnia it has worked wonders. Except for the weight gain factor. You feel the need to snack all the time which has caused me to develop bulimia. I have a past of anorexia and literally everyone in my immediate family has had eating disorders. I wouldn't recommend this to someone terrified of weight gain. Other than that. It's great."

anorexicxheart (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 19, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "It worked well for sleep but I could not remember eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I woke up with it all over my pillow and cheeks weird.. I felt hung over in the morning. Also was taking Geodon and Effexor. I don't take anything now. It's been 3 years. I'm doing good."

kel kel 84 September 16, 2013

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have been on Seroquel for several years, mixed with other medicines. Recently tried reducing strength but couldn't sleep or concentrate due to racing thoughts. Keeps me normal (as "normal" as anyone else). Also take Lamictal for mood-stabilizer/anti-depressant and Citalopram for anxiety/depression. Does make me very sleepy so I must take it before 9 pm to feel awake enough to function at 6:30 am Life-saver for me and my family."

Mom of 2 Schizoaffective September 16, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I too gained masses of weight taking Seroquel but lost it all (35lb) in 6 months by healthy eating & being AWARE of the pitfalls. Seroquel does not make you gain weight. Seroquel makes you crazy HUNGRY craving all the bad stuff - salt/sugar/fried food for me. The secret is to ANTICIPATE your munchies. Prepare a large but healthy snack in advance or save half your evening meal and have it at bedtime just before you take your meds. This really worked for me. Taking my meds on a full stomach took the cravings away."

AnnieFromAfrica August 30, 2013

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I suffer from mainly depression and anxiety. I have had a few bouts of hypomania. This was recommended to me to help anxiety and mood swings. Within an hour of taking this medicine I was always somewhat buzzed and not in a good way. Like you have to lie down and sleep or you will become extremely irritable. The sleep was great on it, however you wake up in a fog for hours. Usually until dinner time for me. It really flattens you out so you don't feel much but emotionless and tired. I took anywhere from 50 to 200 mg and the result was the same. I am off now and trying safer meds. Seroquel wasn't for me, glad it helps millions though!"

Patient67 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 12, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed bipolar about 15 years ago and have been on and off many medications. I now have insomnia and Seroquel is the only medication I have found that will help me sleep (besides Geodon which gave me involuntary muscle spasms) I take 100mg a night. It does make me sleep a lot, which I really like. I usually sleep from 11pm to 8:30 or 9am. Thankfully I don't have to be up early for any reason. I feel so stable and happy and rested on it. The reason I rated it a 9, instead of 10...major weight gain. 30lbs and it hasn't stopped. I did recently try to switch to Latuda because of weight gain and I was miserable with no sleep. I wish Geodon had worked because I actually lost weight on that."

JuliaHV (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine worked at first, but after taking it for a few (2) weeks, I developed anxiety & panic attacks. I've had panic attacks in the past but not like these. I wasn't afraid of anything specific; it was like a constant fear. Also, my heart would race so bad. I am being weaned off this & switching to Zyprexa."

KimberlyAJ August 8, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel 100mg saved my life. For 9 months I did not sleep because of an anxiety disorder. I tried to kill myself three times. Finally i was given Seroquel and 130mg trazadone. I have been sleeping well and not depressed for ten years. It has saved my life I am so grateful. Did put on 50lbs better that than being dead. Very grateful."

Happy and rested August 7, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I have tried just about every medicine there is to treat bipolar disorder, and Seroquel hands-down is the best one for me in terms of stability. However, the weight gain has been a problem. I gained 40 pounds on Seroquel. The good news is I've lost 16 pounds of that in 3 1/2 months. It's been hard work, but I am confident I can meet my goal of losing 48 more pounds over the next year."

HopeK7117 August 6, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I have bipolar, obsessive compulsive disorder, severe anxiety, panic attacks and I cannot shut my mind off without Seroquel. I take 800mg at bedtime and cannot sleep without it."

Abigail2007 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 5, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I have had Bipolar one for 8 years now. I use 50 mg of Seroquel, with 100 mg Lamictal, and 900 mg of Trileptal. Seroquel is great for sleep, which is critical for me. I also use good sleep hygiene with the Seroquel to make sure I get my 8 hours every single night. I am managing my bipolar very well, and for this I am very thankful to these medicines."

StableandGreatful July 30, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel is fantastic. I've been taking it for bipolar and inability to sleep. The only problem I've had is severe restless leg syndrome. That side effect is knocked out by 2 mg of Requip."

srrandall (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 28, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Works well, it has helped me out a lot."

Arnyswan June 18, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I have Bipolar I Disorder, and was prescribed Seroquel for insomnia and anxiety. At only 25mg, it helps me sleep like a baby. I get 8 hours of the most restful sleep I have ever had. It also helps with the racing thoughts and screaming voices in my head. I cannot thank God enough for bringing this medication into my life."

StayinAlive (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2013

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with bipolar when I was 14 years old I am now 34 years old. I have been many different medications for my bipolar. Seroquel has been a wonderful medication. I take 1000mg at bedtime. I have been on it for almost 16 years. It works well for me."

BABYGIRL1178 (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "You can be very angry and go off on someone and then you take this medicine and then you think that you never went off on that person."

lizzy1994 April 25, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I just started taking Seroquel(50mg) for now at bed time, and will eventually increase the dose to 150mg when told to by my doctor. So far, I have experienced serious trouble waking up the next morning, but my doctor says this will go away as I continue to take it. As a teenager, I can honestly say it has helped so far, and that I highly recommend it to others who have struggled as I have."

cmw94 April 16, 2013

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Gained excessive amounts of weight. Made me feel catatonic."

gertie67 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 24, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I had great success at doses of 200-400mg. Anything above that and I black out an hour after taking it. I found out later I had been writing belligerent texts, yelling at my children, and verbally abusing my wife. Im going to ask for 300mg since it helped my insomnia, and made me content and happy the next day. All without the horrible side effects listed above. I have tried Geodon, it gave me severe tachycardia, and yet made me too tired to function. A horrible inescapable feeling as the tachycardia made sleep impossible. Zyprexa just made me fat and gave me restless legs so bad I couldn't sleep. Seroquel is best by far, but have your loved ones monitor you."

DirtyDrew (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I was prescribed 200-700mg for bipolar with psychotic features. At 200-400mg I slept well and woke up happy and felt content. Some symptoms remained, thus the increase to 700mg. At that level I had nightly blackouts where I would write belligerent texts to loved ones at night, and have no memory of it. I was horrified to learn of it later. I've tried Geodon and Zyprexa with bad results like drooling somnolence and tachycardia. Next doctor visit I will ask to be put on 300 Seroquel. I had good results at that level, and wish to return to that. Looking forward to it. I'm not on any anti-psychotic currently and I feel anxious."

DirtyDrew (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Slight improvement in mood, yet still witness episodes of bipolarity/depression, sometimes lasting more than 24 hrs in duration (previously these episodes could last a week or more) not so down and out all the time, negative effect on sexual 'drive', no real urge to even engage with the opposite sex, let alone participate in sexual activity"

Matty A (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2013