User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 162 reviews 32 medications

7.8
Schizophrenia 10 reviews 37 medications

7.1
Schizoaffective Disorder 21 reviews 28 medications

6.9
Summary of Seroquel reviews 193 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Seroquel

For Bipolar Disorder "I take 400 mg Seroquel at bedtime. I sleep a lot better but as far as my bipolar symptoms I see no real difference."

playboybuddyrose (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 28, 2014

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Hi, Unfortunately this medication does not suit me as I get a lot of the undesirable side effects. Slurred speech, terrible confusion, drowsiness but not able to sleep, cravings for sugary foods, a sort of spaced out feeling, and restless leg. Apart from that it's great! :) Wish I could continue taking it, but it's not worth the side effects in my case."

tiredoftablets (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 11, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "I take Seroquel for bipolar, I had side effects when first taking it such as couldn't wake in the morning and sluggish, it took me a couple of months to get used to it, now I take it at about 10.30pm asleep within 20 mins and up at about 8.30 am, well rested, it has been great for my mania, which can last weeks at a time. I feel so normal again, I take 100mg a night with 600mg of Tegrotol you just have to give it time to do it's thing, the side effects go away. I have no weight gain at all on Tegrotol, it's the opposite, I'm losing weight."

Macca d January 8, 2014

For Schizoaffective Disorder "For me personally, the weight gain WAS dose-related. I gained over 200 lbs. by the time I got up to 600mg a day. Even so, it does wonders for my schizo-affective and depression disorders."

solitude solace (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 6, 2014

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I've suffered from bipolar and psychosis as early as 6th grade. It took about 15 years to get seen, by that time I was completely detached from reality. After trying expensive placebos with bad side effects and high hype, I tried Seroquel. It works on the psychosis, mania and depression I've experienced in trade for being a little sleepy. Seroquel is so far the only medication that works by itself & which I can function even after missing a dose (not recommended). It's all about risk versus controlling symptoms with these medications. If you've found something effective for treating the symptoms, the next step is finding the cause. This illness is like a sleeping dragon, you must keep it asleep or you'll get burned, Seroquel helps."

SeroquelBroughtMeBack (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "This is my 2nd time on seroquel and now that I actually know two shits about mental disorder, I really do like seroquel. I've always had a terrible time falling and staying asleep which it helps with greatly, and my ridiculous bipolar tendencies it puts to rest. I recommend seroquel if it works for you. I've never had a single negative side effect from it but some people do. Every brain is different :)"

ahtibat87 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 5, 2013

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I have just started Quetiapine (Seroquel) going form 25mg to 75mg now. I was previously using lithium and have gradually reduced it to 250mg, now I do not take it and have replaced with seroquel. I am concerned about the side effects at higher doses and I would like to know if anyone has gone from using lithium to seroquel as a modd stabilsier. I am doing this as I am trying to get pregnant and my doctor has told me that seroquel is a good substitute up to the 2nd trimester of a pregnancy where I would re-introduce lithium."

Charloo (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been a bipolar as of 26 years. After my first and huge depression, I have not missed lithium not even for a day. I have had a really good acceptance to Seroquel, but not to Seroquel XR. The difference is huge, and XR plays with your sleep patterns and more. The insatiable hunger is so, so, true as is the weight gain. I just eat less and less and less and as a person who has had an amazing metabolism, still am 105lbs. After 3 children, my teen weight, I am now at 115lbs and I hate it. But I have no desire to stop Seroquel."

october 16 October 3, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been taking Seroquel for about a year and I can honestly say I don't ever want to live without it. No other medicine had any effect on controlling my extreme mood swings and delusional/psychotic thinking. The sleepiness (which I now find very helpful) and morning fog were bothersome, but I've gladly adapted my schedule to allow 8-9 hrs sleep nightly."

WildcatVet (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 2, 2013

"I've been taking this since January 2013 for depression and insomnia it has worked wonders. Except for the weight gain factor. You feel the need to snack all the time which has caused me to develop bulimia. I have a past of anorexia and literally everyone in my immediate family has had eating disorders. I wouldn't recommend this to someone terrified of weight gain. Other than that. It's great."

anorexicxheart (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 19, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "It worked well for sleep but I could not remember eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I woke up with it all over my pillow and cheeks weird.. I felt hung over in the morning. Also was taking Geodon and Effexor. I don't take anything now. It's been 3 years. I'm doing good."

kel kel 84 September 16, 2013

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have been on Seroquel for several years, mixed with other medicines. Recently tried reducing strength but couldn't sleep or concentrate due to racing thoughts. Keeps me normal (as "normal" as anyone else). Also take Lamictal for mood-stabilizer/anti-depressant and Citalopram for anxiety/depression. Does make me very sleepy so I must take it before 9 pm to feel awake enough to function at 6:30 am Life-saver for me and my family."

Mom of 2 Schizoaffective September 16, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I too gained masses of weight taking Seroquel but lost it all (35lb) in 6 months by healthy eating & being AWARE of the pitfalls. Seroquel does not make you gain weight. Seroquel makes you crazy HUNGRY craving all the bad stuff - salt/sugar/fried food for me. The secret is to ANTICIPATE your munchies. Prepare a large but healthy snack in advance or save half your evening meal and have it at bedtime just before you take your meds. This really worked for me. Taking my meds on a full stomach took the cravings away."

AnnieFromAfrica August 30, 2013

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I suffer from mainly depression and anxiety. I have had a few bouts of hypomania. This was recommended to me to help anxiety and mood swings. Within an hour of taking this medicine I was always somewhat buzzed and not in a good way. Like you have to lie down and sleep or you will become extremely irritable. The sleep was great on it, however you wake up in a fog for hours. Usually until dinner time for me. It really flattens you out so you don't feel much but emotionless and tired. I took anywhere from 50 to 200 mg and the result was the same. I am off now and trying safer meds. Seroquel wasn't for me, glad it helps millions though!"

Patient67 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 12, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed bipolar about 15 years ago and have been on and off many medications. I now have insomnia and Seroquel is the only medication I have found that will help me sleep (besides Geodon which gave me involuntary muscle spasms) I take 100mg a night. It does make me sleep a lot, which I really like. I usually sleep from 11pm to 8:30 or 9am. Thankfully I don't have to be up early for any reason. I feel so stable and happy and rested on it. The reason I rated it a 9, instead of 10...major weight gain. 30lbs and it hasn't stopped. I did recently try to switch to Latuda because of weight gain and I was miserable with no sleep. I wish Geodon had worked because I actually lost weight on that."

JuliaHV (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "This medicine worked at first, but after taking it for a few (2) weeks, I developed anxiety & panic attacks. I've had panic attacks in the past but not like these. I wasn't afraid of anything specific; it was like a constant fear. Also, my heart would race so bad. I am being weaned off this & switching to Zyprexa."

KimberlyAJ August 8, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel 100mg saved my life. For 9 months I did not sleep because of an anxiety disorder. I tried to kill myself three times. Finally i was given Seroquel and 130mg trazadone. I have been sleeping well and not depressed for ten years. It has saved my life I am so grateful. Did put on 50lbs better that than being dead. Very grateful."

Happy and rested August 7, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I have tried just about every medicine there is to treat bipolar disorder, and Seroquel hands-down is the best one for me in terms of stability. However, the weight gain has been a problem. I gained 40 pounds on Seroquel. The good news is I've lost 16 pounds of that in 3 1/2 months. It's been hard work, but I am confident I can meet my goal of losing 48 more pounds over the next year."

HopeK7117 August 6, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I have bipolar, obsessive compulsive disorder, severe anxiety, panic attacks and I cannot shut my mind off without Seroquel. I take 800mg at bedtime and cannot sleep without it."

Abigail2007 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 5, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I have had Bipolar one for 8 years now. I use 50 mg of Seroquel, with 100 mg Lamictal, and 900 mg of Trileptal. Seroquel is great for sleep, which is critical for me. I also use good sleep hygiene with the Seroquel to make sure I get my 8 hours every single night. I am managing my bipolar very well, and for this I am very thankful to these medicines."

StableandGreatful July 30, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Seroquel is fantastic. I've been taking it for bipolar and inability to sleep. The only problem I've had is severe restless leg syndrome. That side effect is knocked out by 2 mg of Requip."

srrandall (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 28, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Works well, it has helped me out a lot."

Arnyswan June 18, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I have Bipolar I Disorder, and was prescribed Seroquel for insomnia and anxiety. At only 25mg, it helps me sleep like a baby. I get 8 hours of the most restful sleep I have ever had. It also helps with the racing thoughts and screaming voices in my head. I cannot thank God enough for bringing this medication into my life."

StayinAlive (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2013

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with bipolar when I was 14 years old I am now 34 years old. I have been many different medications for my bipolar. Seroquel has been a wonderful medication. I take 1000mg at bedtime. I have been on it for almost 16 years. It works well for me."

BABYGIRL1178 (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "You can be very angry and go off on someone and then you take this medicine and then you think that you never went off on that person."

lizzy1994 April 25, 2013