User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 134 reviews 48 medications

7.7
Schizophrenia 7 reviews 36 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 17 reviews 28 medications

6.8
Summary of Seroquel reviews 158 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Seroquel

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Schizophrenia: Seroquel worked in getting rid of my psychotic symptoms (voices, etc). It was a hard medication to go on, I would need to sleep 12 hours during the first week and I would wake up in that 12 hours in an almost intoxicated state. There was nothing that would wake me up in the morning but I think during medication changes it is important to listen to your body so I rested and in a week, that went away. I came off Risperidone in that first week as well so that may have contributed. The medication did make me sweat a LOT and it would take me a long time to cool down on it. My dyskensic side effects from risperidone went away. But I had to come off Seroquel in a month because I had an allergic 3 weeks in...watch out for tight throat/trouble swallowing.

December 21, 2012 11:00 PM

Review by EmSea (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Love Seroquel. Changed my life.

December 13, 2012 10:26 AM

Review by Correlation (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Schizophrenia: I take a dose of 600mg at night time (because it makes me sleep). I wish that I could take less because I don't like that it makes me so tired but I need it to stay sane. I've been on it for 5 years and I used to sleep about 12 hours but now it's down to 9. The good thing about Seroquel is that I have only sleeping as a side effect. I have been on other meds and had everything, dry mouth, blurred vision, drooling, constipation, you name it, I had it. So Seroquel is at least good for that. The only bad thing in the last 2 years I have noticed over-thinking and like a conversation going on in my head but I cant find a good medicine and I don't want to increase Seroquel because of the sleepiness

December 11, 2012 4:10 AM

Review by judykaye (taken for 10 years or more):

For Bipolar Disorder: This one is good for me.

December 11, 2012 1:18 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: They started me on 50mg twice during the day and 100mg at night and at first it worked miracles. Eliminated my panic attacks, I slept regularly again for the first time in ages. But over time the effects came back and as I'm typing this I'm even having a panic attack. And now I am up to 200mg twice during the day and 400mg at night.

December 8, 2012 11:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel has been a medication which has helped me overcome many difficulties in life.

December 3, 2012 11:30 PM

Review by sparkymarky (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Felt like I was in a chemical straight jacket.

November 24, 2012 11:24 AM

Review by vanillabean (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Insomnia: I'm 20 years old and I've been on Seroquel for about 1 year now. It really helps. I take it for 2 reasons: insomnia and to help control irritability as a result of having Asperger's syndrome. The FDA is considering approving Seroquel for use in patients with ASD's who are at least 10 years old, it is now considered an off-label use. I've been on other anti-psychotics to control anger (Abilify, Geodon, Risperdal) and they did not help as much as this and some had bad side effects including fainting and seizures, very low blood sugar, feeling depressed, and feeling very restless all the time. I also tried Trazodone for sleep, but it didn't work. Thank God for my Seroquel!

November 20, 2012 9:02 PM

Review by Bluebird47 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel makes me feel like I'm on a level playing field again. I don't feel like my thinking's distorted and I don't cry uncontrollably like I have all of my life. I have gained weight but I'm fixing to start taking Topamax to counteract that. If the Topamax doesn't work I will still continue to take Seroquel. I rather gain weight and be able to cope with life 100% better than I did before.

November 15, 2012 3:13 PM

Review by Romanee (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: After later years of my adolescence and early adulthood I was finally diagnosed (bipolar) and prescribed Seroquel along with lithium. Not only did I finally feel a sense of peace within myself I found that I no longer engaged in the reckless activity that I seemed to have no control over. This behaviour which caused so much grief and upset, nearly caused the breakdown between my family and which I nearly destroyed myself. It does not get rid of my depression completely but they are not as bad and I find I can cope where as in the past I couldn't. I find that it's best to take it before bed as it makes me very drowsy which I find a good thing because in the past I found it very difficult to sleep. Hope this helps.

November 5, 2012 12:47 PM

Review by applejack (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Makes me feel extreme fatigue and cravings for sugar are too much. Not really sure its working for me.

November 4, 2012 9:44 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: I take 300 mg at night for about 3 months now and don't fall asleep, just turn into a zombie. I actually lost 20 pounds since I've been on it.

October 29, 2012 8:57 AM

Review by IsmailaGodHasheard. (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Insomnia: I am feeling so frustrated. I have developed a tolerance to Seroquel, and nothing else works for sleep.

October 23, 2012 5:15 PM

Review by Northern Guy (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: This medicine is great for daytime anxiety or anxiety with insomnia. Doctors give way too much of this 300mg, 500mg, etc. to non-manic patients when much smaller dosages will work. I used a HALF TABLET (12.5mg) for sleep. Lately I used 1/4 tablet (one in morning and one in afternoon) to lower base anxiety level. You don't need to be knocked out to get relief from anxiety!

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 22, 2012 5:30 PM

Review by justRedDammit (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bipolar Disorder: I was diagnosed with BiPolar Disorder 1 about 8 months ago. My doctor put me on Seroquel 100mg. I do have to take it at night due to the drowsiness it causes. It has made a dramatic change in the racing thoughts and negative self-image I felt. I've also had a marked change in my insomnia. I was misdiagnosed for a number of years, and couldn't understand why the other meds didn't make a difference. I wake up feeling rested. I did have some vivid dreams when I first began taking it. I also get the munchies, but they have subsided considerably in the last month or two, and have dropped almost 20 pounds. This is magical as far as I'm concerned! As well as the Seroquel, I also take 20 mg of Lexapro and 600 mg of Neurontin every night. Thanks!!

September 24, 2012 12:42 AM

Review by thebeesknees92 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: Seroquel was awful.. my doctor prescribed two 700mg at night and I slept so much! When I wasn't sleeping I was exercising, still I gained 30lbs. I had extreme paranoia, never knew where I was or how I got there, and always woke up in sleep paralysis. Made my depression, anxiety and bipolar worse.

September 13, 2012 2:14 PM

Review by joeglong (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Get ready for bed, sleep came fast and hard for me! I only take 50mg to sleep and it knocks me out every time. Can't imagine taking it during the day, I'd be a zombie.

September 8, 2012 11:53 PM

Review by EngTeacherJenny (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I have been taking 150MGx2 along with 10MG of Lexapro to help with chronic depression. Due to divorce this summer, I told my Dr I was feeling more depressed and he raised my dose of Seroquel to 200x2 at bed time. I am a teacher and the last 2 days I have not been able to get up. I start to get dressed and wake up hours later standing at the mirror with a toothbrush in my hand. Lucky for me we don't have students yet but I am terrified I will continue oversleeping and miss my classes. Also, I am having muscle spasms in my right hand, dropping things I am holding, throwing eggs across the room. The only change in my routine is the bump up in dose so the problem has got to be that.

August 23, 2012 12:53 PM

For Bipolar Disorder: I was on seroquel for only a few weeks, but that was more than enough. I had hallucinations and gained a significant amount of weight in that time. It did help me sleep at night and helped with my racing thoughts, but that's about it.

August 14, 2012 4:32 AM

Review by jwilliams1980 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bipolar Disorder: I am having Seroquel blues. Just recently my normal dosage of 400mg went 200mg more and that 200 I must take during the day. I am so frustrated trying to find out how long does it take for the body to get used to taking the medication during the day. I always feel like I am in slow motion and unable to be patient with others, having irritability and have to take naps during the day to overcome the drowsiness. I know this medicine is important because it helps with the mania, paranoia, and suicidal ideation.

August 2, 2012 9:13 PM

For Insomnia: I've been through sleep studies, medications and all. This particular prescription did NOT allow me to sleep on 50mgs 2x a day and 500mgs at night. The only thing it did do was wipe my memory of previous day.

July 30, 2012 8:47 PM

Review by Hazza:

For Borderline Personality Disorder: I have been on these tablets for 3 days now, for border line personality. I've been so tired after I take the 100mg at night but my anger is still a problem, and I'm feeling a tiny bit less like I'm lonely and no one understands me and my emotions. But honestly not much of a change. I just still don't know if my life's going to get any better.

July 19, 2012 7:21 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: I had a bad reaction to an anti-inflammatory misdiagnosed as bipolar. This medicine causes psychosis in an individual wrongly prescribed it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2012 10:39 AM

Review by dugluvsleep (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Insomnia: I take 150mg at night and it's the best medicine I've ever tried. It does make me very hungry.

July 8, 2012 7:40 PM

For Bipolar Disorder: This medicine is great for sleep and helping anxiety, but if you have responsibilities, work, school, kids, ANYTHING, then be prepared. I am only on 100mg and although I feel calmer and not so irritable, I just feel sort of dozed and no motivation to do anything, not even simple things like taking a shower or making something to eat. I woke up this morning needing to go to the bathroom and it seemed like an overwhelming task and I was stumbling around like when you are drunk. If you don't have to work or answer to anyone then it's fine because you can just space out and not have such negative emotions and feel better.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 5, 2012 2:50 PM