User Reviews for Seroquel

Learn more about Seroquel.

Bipolar Disorder 130 reviews 48 medications

7.7
Schizoaffective Disorder 16 reviews 28 medications

Schizophrenia 7 reviews 36 medications

Summary of Seroquel reviews 153 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Seroquel

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: Have been on Seroquel for 4 weeks for depression. I take it before bed. Still experiencing a "hangover" type feeling in the mornings. I gained 8 pounds in the first 3 weeks I took. Makes me want to eat even when I am not hungry. However, I am not crying as much, can handle day-to-day life better, and I haven't had chest pain or racing heart beats since I started, which is a great improvement.

December 13, 2011 1:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I've had bad reactions to every mood stabilizer I've tried, but this was truly the scariest. I had to withdraw from college because I was sleeping constantly, crying for 8 hours at a time, and hallucinating. I eventually became suicidal and landed myself in the hospital for 2 weeks. I know that everyone reacts differently and finding the bipolar cocktail is a painful trial and error process, but if you have this experience, I wanted you to know you are not alone.

December 9, 2011 3:31 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: At age 19 I have been taking Seroquel for more than a decade, as I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder extremely young. Seroquel is not a quick fix for an incurable syndrome that those diagnosed will continue to have to live with for the rest of their lives. Seroquel did not fix my sleep problems completely, although it did at first. Now I have to take extra sleep medication to quell my continually racing thoughts. I am still moody and I still do have meltdowns, but the frequency has decreased drastically. What Seroquel and other antipsychotics allow you to do is function in daily life to the best degree possible. I'm not saying everyone with manic depression should take it, because bipolar disorder is a different experience for everyone.

December 5, 2011 8:23 PM
Review by Lilylola: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I would NOT recommend taking this medication for longer than a few weeks for insomnia. It works amazingly well at first, but then, over the course of time, you will need to up the dosage to get the same result. Over time, you will find that the medication makes you groggy and can cause weight gain. Then, when you try to get off, it is very, very hard. I was only on 50mgs for 6 months, and it has taken 2 months for my sleep to occur naturally more than in 2 hour increments. Overall it made my insomnia worse.

December 5, 2011 3:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I have been taking Seroquel 200mg for over a year for Bipolar Disorder. After years of taking antidepressants I couldn't figure out why they weren't working. I was having really bad manic episodes that would last days to weeks, in which I was staying up for days at a time, spending money I didn't have and extreme OCD. My anxiety and mood swings were spinning out of control and I was failing as a mother. I started therapy and Seroquel and noticed an immediate difference in my manic episodes and insomnia. I gained weight at first but have since lost it over the course of the year. I am taking Aderrall during the day and I am back in college, working as a full time accountant and am able to relax at night with my family.

December 4, 2011 9:03 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: It helped with my OCD intrusive thoughts, but made me VERY agitated and a feeling of skin crawling. Even at 1/4 of a tablet and I was really anxious.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 4, 2011 3:45 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: Taking 25mg. Works fantastically! Takes about an hour on 25mg (used to take 50mg and it put me out in 30 mins, however I was required at least 8 hours of sleep. Many times my alarm wouldn't even wake me up on 50mg). However, like just about everyone else said, if I don't take it, I will NOT sleep. Also experienced weight gain (25 lbs in 2 months) so I am going to see if another sleep medication will work the same with less side effects. Does make me quite hungry about 30 mins after taking it, and I can't sleep on an empty stomach.

November 25, 2011 9:58 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I have been on Seroquel (along with a myriad of other psychiatric medication) for 10 years at a dose of 600mg at night. For a while I would get so sedated that while sleeping I would stop breathing and jump awake feeling like I was drowning. While the medicine has been very helpful, I am starting to titrate it down in the hope of losing the 15kg that I put on when I started it. I now find it impossible to sleep without it so I'm coming off it very slowly hoping that my other medicines will keep my mood balanced. Overall a really good medication.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 14, 2011 10:04 PM
Review by kashicrazy: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: BEST medication for Bipolar I Disorder! I have had psychotic episodes my entire life, up for weeks, voices, could never sleep, screaming at night! This medication was my savior. Initially I gained weight. I was eating carbs like crazy. But after my moods stabilized I started enjoying life and the weight started coming off. There are many different medicines out there. If one doesn't work, don't give up. Try something else, work with your doctor to adjust the dosage. I am up to 600mg at night. I wish I would have found this years ago!

November 12, 2011 11:40 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: In October 2010 I had a psychotic attack. It appears that my old medicine escitalopram (taken since 2004) has failed to treat my ongoing depressions. Since have transferred onto this medicine about six months ago by a psychiatrist. Taken with escitalopram I gained 1.5 stones in weight. No longer taking escitalopram the weight has dropped off of me. Now taking a dosage of 200 mg daily this medicine is not working on either the hallucinations or the depression. May need a stronger dosage and/or take in combination with an antidepressant.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 2, 2011 1:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: This medicine really helped me with both depression and sleeplessness, the only negative side effects were that I tended to need at least 9-10 hours of sleep a night rather than my usual 7-8. Also I had some weight gain due to significantly increased appetite after each dosage.

October 29, 2011 3:37 PM
Review by hadrian99: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I have had Parkinson's for 10 years. Six months ago, I was prescribed Seroquel 1/2 25mg at bedtime to "clean up my sleep -anxiety". Works fine except I began wetting the bed after being asleep for 5 - 6 hours. The Seroquel makes me feel better but I have to solve the bed wetting problem.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 28, 2011 7:44 PM
Review by Chanel217: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: At the time I began taking Seroquel 4 years ago, my depressions were so severe that I attempted suicide and almost dropped out of college. Although my bipolar symptoms improved quickly, I dealt with extreme side effects (mostly a constant foggy and emotion-less feeling) until I reduced the dose from 600 to 300mg. Although my cholesterol has risen and life-threatening side effects of Seroquel have been discovered, I continue to take the medicine as I am completely unable to sleep without it and I can't imagine going back to the way I was 4 years ago.

October 27, 2011 9:36 PM
Review by belle58: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Seroquel only helped at the start and only with sleep. It has now been 10 years and it is making me a walking ZOMBIE. I have had major weight gain, I was a mere 120 when I started taking this medicine, I now weigh over 200 pounds. It is a nightmare for me. I still constantly eat. I can not stop.

October 26, 2011 1:21 PM
Review by 22222cv: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: Good medicine but caused tachycardia, high blood pressure and panic attacks 2 hours after taking 300mg XR.

October 25, 2011 6:14 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was having a blast with a manic episode, then the deepest depressive episode set in, and Seroquel is the only medicine that stopped it.

October 22, 2011 9:33 PM
Review by sean63: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I have started taking Seroquel three weeks ago. I've been prescribed 25mg twice a day. I was not able to sleep staying up one day, one night, one day and maybe going to sleep that night or the next. I've been told I have anxiety. That dose wasn't working for my sleep so I started taking 50mg at night as well as the 25mg twice daily. it has worked for my sleep. The only thing is I take the two tablets at night and I don't feel like going to sleep but I switch off sitting down watching T.V. It's like I can't get myself to bed. I wake up a couple of hours later then go to bed and fall to sleep, no serious side effects, no weight gain so far.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 19, 2011 12:50 PM
Review by night walker: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: Been taking 200mg for 4 years and also 2mg clonazepam. Only problem was when I first started I would sleep walk. One time I was downstairs taking down the blinds in the family room till my wife woke me up. No problems anymore.

October 18, 2011 8:28 AM
Review by ngeRaced: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I was craving for sleep for the last few years. I used to feel so tired and no energy. I just take half of 25 mg of Seroquel and no matter what sort of physical pain or condition I am good to sleep. Waking up fresh next day. Have not had any side effects. Have been taking for the last three months. God Bless Astra Zenca.

October 14, 2011 1:33 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Helped "clear up" my foggy mind.

October 13, 2011 4:58 PM
Review by cottonkandie: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: This medication made me gain lots of weight and after being on it for about a year or so I suddenly stopped being able to breathe after taking it. So I was placed on a different medicine.

October 9, 2011 4:01 PM
Review by jayjaycub: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Depression: I was very reluctant when my doctor suggested Seroquel for my condition. I had been on it before as a sleep aid and while it did improve my sleep greatly, I was miserable the next day. This time he wanted me on it round the clock, and it has made a huge difference. It would seem strange that something which makes you drowsy would help depression too, but for me, this seems to have been the case. I've had very little depression since we got up to the full dose. I'm now on Seroquel XR 200mg.

September 15, 2011 7:55 AM
Review by Less Than Human: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: My personal reaction to Seroquel was essentially "The lights are on, but no one is home". I was so despondent I could handle no more than two weeks of the medication.

September 3, 2011 4:09 PM
Review by jennpugli: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: I was becoming very paranoid for no reason at all and in fact I felt I was justified! This takes all that away and helps me sleep at night too.

August 31, 2011 2:59 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Insomnia: I started this medicine after my 3rd child and severe post-partum psychosis followed brought on my insomnia. My hormones were so whack, that I literally didn't sleep for about 2 months. I was hallucinating and everything. My baby was great, but I just didn't sleep. I tried Benadryl, Ambien, anti-depressants. Long story short, I ended up in a behavior unit and the doctors saved my life with Seroquel for sleep. They gave me 300mg of Seroquel, Risperdal and 1mg of Klonopin for about 4 days. I felt like a new person! I slept all 4 days and felt normal again. I weaned off everything except Seroquel and take between 100 and 125mg every night. I hate having to take it, but I feel so good everyday from having slept 7-8hrs the night before.

August 23, 2011 3:27 PM