User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Major Depressive Disorder 39 reviews 46 medications

Depression 343 reviews 76 medications

6.9
Summary of Viibryd reviews 382 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Viibryd

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started taking this medication a month ago. My doctor had been prescribing me Xanax for 10 years and felt this was the cure for my anxiety. I experienced worsening anxiety and panic attacks. I felt really irritable and still do. By the 5th week I was beginning to feel hopeless and not wanting to get out of bed. I'm always tired, and I have gained 10 lbs in 5 weeks. I'm supposed to take it for another month and if it still doesn't help then I get to taper off. I accidentally missed a dose and felt miserable. I had no energy, and felt like electric shocks were popping my brain cells. I still have anxiety and feel like this medication gave me depression."

Salsberry June 4, 2015

For Depression "Vibbryd is a saint and a devil. I have been on it for almost two years. It saved me as I was going of the deep end and I could no longer contain my anger and every day little things would set me off. The side effects when first going on were AWFUL. The demonic dreams were the worst but this all happened when I jumped from 20 mg to 40 mg. I solved this by taking 30mg for a while then going to 40 mg. No more rage. I take everything in stride. My mind is clear and I function perfectly. Now for the devil. You have to take this around the same time everyday. If I forget I always know. I start to itch and get a headache. The nightmares if forgotten are terrible. Its as if they are real. Just remember to take every day! Preferably in the morning"

Mom of 2 in school June 1, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Traumatic experience caused me to suffer major depressive disorder. Tried therapy, didn't work. Finally tried medication two years later. Doctor prescribed me viibryd. Took my first dose in the morning, by lunch time I felt sick and nauseated. Had to leave work bc I felt so awful. My doctor lowered my dose and I didn't feel nearly as bad the next four weeks. I didn't notice a change in my mood. I went on vacation and forgot to pack my meds (I know how horrible it is to stop taking my meds) the come down was un real... I spent the whole vacation in bed too tired to leave.. When I arrived home from vacation I took my meds again and I was instantly sick. I began hallucinating and puking, it felt like a bad acid trip."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2015

For Depression "I started Viibryd -- 20 mg/day -- over a year ago, when going thru a prolonged low. Like alot of folks, I've tried many different things in 20+ years, gone thru the rollercoaster of titrating on, titrating off, having stuff work then stop working, etc. To my surprise, Viibryd has helped -- though the diarrhea and so forth were super annoying at first (then gradually abated). Unlike most anti-depressants, I could feel an effect within first week or two, even titrating very gradually. I recently went up to 40/mg. Mood brighter, helps clear up the brain fog. Various effects on body: deeper sleep, intense dreams, increased sex drive (almost annoying), as well as GI stuff. So far, so good"

LisaMMMM (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 30, 2015

For Depression "I'm having problems with bad dreams and I have been on it for 2 months. I have migraine also and it seems to make their worse .I was on Lexapro and should go back. I loss my son 7 years ago that is why I'm on medicine"

Anonymous May 29, 2015

For Depression "I have been experiencing increasing anxiety the more I progress into menopause. Tried Cymbalta and it made me so drowzy that I was afraid of falling asleep while driving. Started on Vybrid about 2 months ago and I feel fabulous. My anxiety is totally under control and I have energy to go out and do things. Recently lost 5 pounds because I had the energy to work in the yard. There has been some diarrhea but it does not bother me as the benefits are such a difference in how I feel."

Antiques for Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Diagnosed with Major Depression. Started using this drug after taking Lexapro, Zoloft and Elavil. I suffered from nausea when this medication was taken without food. I was told that I would experience diarrhea as an initial side effect; however, this became chronic. I missed one dose (after being on this medication and taking it consistently at the same time of day each day for four months) and had a major crying fit- to the extent that my nose started bleeding. I have been switched to Brintellix as the side effects of this medication were too extreme."

WED4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2015

For Depression "Viibryd worked wonders for me. I have to admit the first week was hell as it made me extremely anxious but after the transition I couldn't believe the difference it made. The only problem I ran into was insurance companies don't want to pay for it because it is expensive. I ended up having to switch to another drug that was not nearly as effective. I'm thinking about going back on Viibryd and paying for it out of pocket. I just have to ask myself what is happiness worth??"

Mark In Jeff May 20, 2015

For Depression "This was a terrible bad drug choice for me. I was impatient, aggressive and down right awful. I lost some really important relationships when I took that medication."

Depressed Dora (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2015

For Depression "This by far is the best anti-depressant I've been on. If you're looking for a medication that does NOT cause drowsiness or weight gain, this is for you. Normally they say it takes time to feel effects, but I felt alertness and motivation right away. I had more energy and a clearer mind, better concentration. The recommended dose is to incrementally increase 10mg-40mg, but I stayed at 20mg - too much caused RLS and mild insomnia. I too struggle with SAD and this medication has really helped me get through the winter blues. Lost 10 lbs on this medication as I felt less hungry. Remember: there are so many natural ways to help with depression as well and I recommend that you explore these too. Good luck!"

KristenR (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2015

For Depression "Minimal side effects (nausea for 2-4 days after each titration.) Activating, rather than sedating. Very effective for depression."

B-Hurd (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

For Depression "I have tried various antidepressants for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and Dysthymia. Only Paxil and Prozac have been mildly effective for the depressive aspect. Most of them have helped with the anxiety that often goes along with such conditions. Viibryd is the first medication that has been very effective for me. It lifted the fog and gloomy feeling and it increased my energy, focus, and alertness. I feel 10 years younger and fresher. In the beginning and with each titration there were some mild GI issues that lasted 2-4 days. There was some difficulty with sleep in the beginning and with each upward titration, but sleep eventually improved. Incidentally, Viibryd has also increased my libido."

B-Hurd (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

For Depression "I tried viibryd after being on citalopram for a year and a half to see if it would be better. I had no problems transitioning BUT I gained about 10 pounds in the first weeks I was on it full dosage. I NEVER fluctuate more than 1-2 lbs - have weighed the same for 10 years -- and despite eating less & exercising twice as much I couldn't lose the weight. After ~2 months I switched back to citalopram & lost all the weight in about 2 weeks. Without going to the gym."

Anonymous43546 April 18, 2015

For Depression "I was on Viibyrd for a month and was really gaining weight fast!!!! Doctor switched me to Brintellix 10 mg. I knew it was too strong for me so I dropped down to 5 mg. weights coming off and I feel so much better !!!!"

Cyd Marie April 10, 2015

For Depression "I took this medication when both of my parents died within 2 weeks. It worked really great for about a year. now I feel like it doesn't work like it used to and maybe my body's gotten used to it. But if you ever miss a dose you have extreme nightmares. So I am scared to go to sleep without taking it and thinking about maybe trying something new."

J.l.J April 2, 2015

For Depression "After being on Prozac for many years I had a period of things going on in my life that were causing great stress and felt that maybe changing my antidepressants might help. Dr. put me on starter kit and wound up taking 40mg daily. For about a week I felt like a new person, then the nightmares started. So real I was afraid to go to sleep. Anyways I ended up being hospitalized 2 times just to get off of it and had to take meds to stop the nightmares. Needless to say my experience was horrible."

eariley (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2015

"I take Viibryd for depression and it works well for the depression, however, I have only been taking it for 3 months, and I have lost at least 65% of my hair. I know this is because of the Viibryd. My hair used to be extremely thick, and now it's a fine texture and over half of it has fallen out in the course of just a couple months. I am going to have to discontinue and hope that my hair grows back. "

gottles March 8, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Prescribed only by psychiatrists, Was weaned off Zoloft 200 mg, Effexor 225 mg & Amitriptyine 150 mg. Put on Viibryd 40 mg Oct 11. FDA approved Feb '11. Diagnosed w/ significant severe depression, severe anxiety & seasonal affective disorder Feb '01. 4 months after being on Viibryd, my psychotherapist of virtually weekly since Mar 01 said she could not believe the significant difference Viibryd had on me. 3 years & 4 months later, I laugh frequently, my silly personality is back [I'm very young appearing & acting age 61], I enjoy life, I talk much more. Still have bad days, still have bad cries - yet what a difference! A miracle drug! I'm grateful!"

Kimmy B March 3, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have bipolar, depression, anxiety, and I have been to mental hospitals with suicidal tendencies. I have tried many other medications, and have been on just viibryd for the last year now. Nothing in the past has helped me as much as viibryd has. I went from having anxiety and bipolar episodes to being able to control my outbursts. For people who say they take this medication and it does nothing I believe they may have not taken it long enough. Only adverse effects I have is diarrhea and if I miss a dose by a day I go thru withdrawals pretty bad. I reccomend this medication to every young adult I know!"

Anonymous March 3, 2015

For Depression "I'm a 45 yr old male tried Zoloft, lexapro but this medicine has made a huge difference in my overall mental state. I never thought I was depressed but I had severe anxiety and panic attacks to the point of almost passing out. High stress job and various changes the last year but this medicine is wonderful. I notice the gas issue and stomach issues but nothing really that bad or intolerable. My thoughts raced a little at the beginning but I'm 3 weeks in and honestly noticed feeling better within the 1st week. I still want sex everyday so its good in that department!"

La Man (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2015

For Depression "I have BPD, anxiety disorder, and agoraphobia. This medicine didn't do much for me. I got all of the side effects but none of the relief. I am only giving it a mid-line rating because I can't seem to tell if the medicine didn't help or if I am just more depressed/stressed lately."

raylee February 20, 2015

For Depression "I had underlying anxiety - constantly wanting to hide in bed - random crying - high intensity job - mind wouldn't shut off. Told doctor - she said this had helped many clients - by my 2nd day on 1/4 of the largest pill size - I felt at ease and pretty carefree. My life is 75% easier to take and I'm able to get through life with a smile. Very happy. "

Califgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 11, 2015

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Works great for me. No side effects."

Marigold15 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on a laundry list of other medications for major depressive disorder, Viibryd is the first one that has worked and actually saved me from myself! The only side effect I have every day is nausea, but I can deal with that because I finally feel normal and am able to cope with my depression, anxiety and anger."

pk082 January 29, 2015

"I'm a 36 year old male. I've been dealing with major anxiety and panic attacks for about 6 years. Been on benzos for as long as I can remember. I do tend to drink a couple of times a week and while taking benzodiazepines I would black out all the time. It almost ruined my life. Until one day about 4 months ago my doctor introduced me to Viibryd. It has changed my life. I've tried it all, Lexapro, Zoloft, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Zyprexa, and many others. Had many sexual side effects among others. The first week with Viibryd I had nausea. It's a good idea to eat before taking Viibryd. I now have very little if any panic attacks. They are easy to deal with and control now. I even drink on Viibryd. Though I'm sure it's not recommended."

Ren1978 January 25, 2015