User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Major Depressive Disorder 13 reviews 44 medications

7.1
Depression 300 reviews 75 medications

6.9
Summary of Viibryd reviews 313 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Viibryd

Review by RajTheMaharajah:

For Depression: I'm a 70 year old male, in excellent physical shape, and retired. Problem is a depression and bipolar-2 condition, both of which have haunted me pretty much my entire life. In 1994, my depression became just unbearable, and I started on Prozac...it worked for a while...then it didn't...then we tried something else...then something else...you get the drift. My doctor and I decided to try Viibryd; this is day 10 and I'm taking 10 mg in the morning. This medicine is life changing. Best news is I don't feel any sexual side-effects--actually, my sex-drive seems somewhat on the increase. Who's complaining about that?

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2014 5:23 AM

For Depression: In 3 days, I felt better. Titrated to 40mg. The medicine turned evil. My heart pounding with strong palpitations. As I was falling asleep, had feeling of leaving my body & hovering over myself being awake in a horrifying world that seemed absolutely real. Sleep paralysis. Dr. added beta-blocker for heart. Gained 21lbs in 6wks. Decided to stop it. Dr. said go from 40-20. I couldn't do that suddenly-I needed to go down slowly. I went from 40-30mg. Night terrors lessened. Went to 25, then 20. Felt good at 20; heart calmed down for a few days. Thought I'd stay at 20 but then the evil again. 18, 15, 10, 5, 3mg. It's taken over a month to come off it. 1st day without it. Feel down & edgy. Started Wellbutrin.

February 12, 2014 11:55 AM

Review by Joshs (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: Well, started to get panic attacks about 1.5 years ago (after the loss of our first unborn child). I was put on Paxil (20m) first which worked great but killed sex drive. Got switched to Viibryd (40m) and stayed on it for about 5-6 months. Quit because it made me tired all of the time and thought mentally I had figured out how to control the Panic Attacks without meds. That worked for about 2 months until they came back with a vengeance. Got back on it and just been taking (20mg), I haven't lost the weight (50lbs) but haven't actually made it to the gym to try. I still feel tired all of the time, coupled with a 10 month old baby girl, but I haven't had to take any Clonazepam to fight off an attack since I got back on. Works for me.

February 10, 2014 5:03 PM

Review by RVKientz:

For Depression: These reviews have confirmed what I've been thinking for a few months now. I've been waking up at 3 am like clock work, I'm irritated at the smallest things, gained 20 lbs and just feel down all the time. I was on Effexor and Zoloft for years until they stopped working for me so my Dr tried me on Viibryd. Worst move ever. I want to beat my fists against everything and everyone. Going to see him next week and demanding to be changed to something else.

February 5, 2014 5:21 AM

Review by dpaw9212:

For Depression: I'd switched to Viibryd from Effexor XR October 21,2013. Transition was fine, 10 mg dose for a week I felt great..better than in years..up to 20, amazing..few side effects, soft multiple stools..not much more. Was going to stay at 20mg until I started having random anxiety attacks throughout the day. So took it to 40mg..what a nightmare! I turned bipolar, paranoid, and more anxiety. Back down to 20mg, was better for a bit, but now I have diarrhea daily and having 3am panic attacks. Seeing doctor this week, getting off Viibryd..sigh. I really wanted this one to work.

February 1, 2014 4:34 PM

Review by Mo1234:

For Depression: I have been taking 20 mg for about 2 months and it is great for me. It helps my bi- polar depression and anxiety.

January 26, 2014 9:15 PM

Review by Kdp43:

For Depression: I have taken many different SSRI's for over 30 years. All worked for quite a while, but then I have to be switched to something else. I have been taking Viibryd for 7 months and I am going to get off of it. I had some gastrointestinal issues at first, some awful, reoccurring realistic dreams, and withdrawal symptoms when I missed a dose by a few hours. Now I have become an angry person with frequent headaches. My depression is the worst it has ever been. 2% of the population will have problems with a medicine, so be aware that it might not occur when you first start taking Viibryd. My insurance would not cover Viibryd until I had a special consideration form submitted by my Doctor.

January 24, 2014 10:02 AM

Review by virginia girl:

For Depression: I too was excited at first to try it. It was great the first month with the exception of very vivid dreams sometimes nightmares. I would often wake crying. i felt great but then reading these reviews, i find that my recent mood changes have been because of this medication. I have been blaming PMS on everything but everything gets on my nerves, my dogs barking, the clicking of their nails on the floor, even my kids eating and of course my husband can't do anything right. I was very pleased with the medication at first. felt like a new person, but now i see that the way i have been feeling could be because of the Viibryd. It didn't even dawn on me. I wish I had read these reviews sooner. I am going to contact my doctor today

January 22, 2014 3:40 PM

Review by Brouk (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: This medicine worked miracles for me! I absolutely love it! It is very effective and works in days, instead of weeks! When I first started taking it 40 mg I was really out of it and sleepy but I got used to it and now it gives me energy and puts me in a great mood! Best anti-depressant/ anxiety medication ever and always remember there are side effects to EVERY medicine.

January 18, 2014 11:14 AM

Review by sue from Syracuse:

For Depression: I have been on Viibryd 10 mg for about a month. For the last week or so I have become a nasty monster that no one wants to be around. Getting in touch with my psych to get me off this asap!

December 31, 2013 11:01 AM

Review by Pamella Peach (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: In reading the reviews, I take my 40mg dose of Viibryd in the morning with a light breakfast, as I am also type 2 diabetic. The titrated dosage worked to perfection, and I an focused, energetic, and not gaining weight. Perhaps the error is evening dosing. I once accidentally took it at bedtime, and was awake for the whole night. My feeling is evening dosing is an error on the part of the practitioner.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2013 7:31 AM

Review by kbc123:

For Depression: Me and my mother were put on this medication at the same time and while she loved it and had almost no side effects, it caused everything from a constant upset stomach and nausea to insanely scary nightmares for me. It didn't help my depression or anxiety at all.

December 29, 2013 1:07 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I am a 45 year old male who has has been diagnosed with GAD that has been bad for about three years. I have tried Paxil, Prozac, Effexor, and one or two other drugs that I could not tolerate. The side effects were worse than the anxiety I was trying to help. Seven weeks ago my P doc suggested trying Viibryd. I reluctantly started it. I am highly sensitive to medicines af any type, so my doc started me at 5 mg and moved me up to 10mg at 4 weeks. The first two weeks were great with marked improvement, and then my anxiety spiked up pretty bad. My doc encouraged me to continue and that this can be normal. I had a rough time until week 5 when things started to level off. I'm now into week seven, and I feel great. Stick it out!

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2013 10:39 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: i got on this medicine because i had some anxiety and depression. i have been on it for about a year n a half, and i have gained 40+ pounds. when i first started they said you dont gain weight, yeah right!!! i loved the medicine at first but now i am always tired and always have diarriah. its so inconvenet. i feel i need to switch but im not to sure what else will work. since i have been on almost everything else

November 12, 2013 2:28 PM

Review by hil24me:

For Depression: I got diarrhea, headache, muscle ache, flu like symptoms.

November 12, 2013 11:31 AM

Review by RandoFatGuy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: WARNING!!! It works great but it DOES make you gain a lot of weight!!! I have absolutely loved this drug until a few minutes ago when I started searching for the cause of my rapid weight gain. I never once considered Viibryd because I was told it had no effect. Today I did a search on Bing and that search has now changed my life.

November 9, 2013 3:07 PM

Review by donewithpsychiatrists (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I was on Paxil....in hopes of trying to find a drug perhaps more effective my doctor put me on Viibryd. I was weaned off of Paxil in 3 weeks, and put on Viibryd. After 3 weeks on the drug, I started having the absolute worst panic attacks of my life. My poop turned green, and I had sleep paralysis!!! NO DRUG should EVER do that to a person...I weaned off this poison and I am through with psychiatrists. I do not recommend this drug to anyone! I was in complete misery for months and took my body a while to get back to where it was.

November 7, 2013 12:57 PM

Review by Happy in Florida:

For Depression: I've completed a starter pack and am 2wks into my second month @ 40mg/day. At week three of my starter pack up through yesterday, I felt better than I had in over a year! Not unlike most users, I have also experienced GI issues that I hope will subside evenutally and I experience missing a dose for two days which made me panic a bit. Yesterday, however, I began to notice new side effects - lingering ache at the base of my skull and my back aches and is stiff and I've lost all the energy and sharpness that I previously experienced. Based on many of the other user posts, I think I may need to go down on my dose. However, If I am able to return to the initial results for Viibryd, it's definitely a win and would change my rating to 10!

November 5, 2013 12:58 PM

Review by Frank N.Beans (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Depressed yes, Been seeing my LCSW for a while told me i needed a SSR so off i went to my PCP and he told me to try Viibryd, I am 53 Male (no ED yet :)), high blood pressure medication, and back pain 5mg oxicotin 2 times a day as needed..I take this medication at 7:00 at night.. Sleeping was a problem the first two nights now i am sleeping a little better (any sound seem to wake me).. Medication seems to be working ok just finished the first week 10mg, seem to be getting a little throbbing on the right side of my head not a constant throbbing off and on during the day . . Will update after the second week is finished

November 4, 2013 1:14 PM

Review by Brookeash:

For Depression: I have been taking Viibryd for two week, starting with the 10mg dose then 20mg. I had always struggled with small bouts of depression and anxiety but have always tried to deal with it on my own. Now that I am working 60 hours a week, I knew I needed some help. After the first couple of days of taking this drug, I noticed a significant difference. Situations are so much easier to deal with and I can complete task with a clear head and with focus. I am about to start my 40mg dose. Hopefully things only get better.

November 1, 2013 8:18 AM

Review by Soccerstar18 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Viibryd has saved my life. I finally feel alive. I took it a month before senior prom. And I started to feel a change in less than two weeks. I had a blast at prom and danced the night away with a wonderful date I wouldn't have had the confidence to go with other wise. I felt alive and glamorous. Now 5 months later I am a freshman in college and no longer experience the social anxiety I once felt. I find happiness in this beautiful life everyday. I had no side effects.

October 30, 2013 4:01 PM

Review by 8sweetmissypea8:

For Depression: My Doctor gave me the starter pack for my depression and Anxiety I took the whole first weeks dose by sheer force of will. It was the worst thing I've ever taken and I've been on a few for my problems but I got symptoms on day one with this one and every day they got worse. Day one I started having major panic attacks one in my sleep so bad that I wet the bed as embarrassing as that is day two I got the poops out of no where I was fine sat down And it just came out it was Horrifying that there was no sign or symptom that I needed to go. That caused another attack. They next few days my mood got hostile, aggravated, and then drunk like. My body also did things like a drunk person including slurred speech stumbling and falling over

October 29, 2013 3:06 AM

Review by D'Shae (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: At first, I thought this medicine was working. I've been on every antidepressant known to man. Nothing ever worked. So my doctor gave me a sample pack. When I hit the 40 mg mark, I started have the "brain zaps." They are very real. Very frightening. One night I thought I was having a seizure in my sleep from so many zaps. My husband has to hold me down when I finally do fall asleep because my body is constantly moving. The problem is that I've been taking the 40 mg for a month and am now just realizing the cause of my "brain zaps" and lack of sleep. So now I have to wean myself off of this drug from the devil himself. I would NEVER EVER recommend this drug to anyone. Nothing good came from it. Nothing at all.

October 28, 2013 7:18 PM

Review by AliMat:

For Depression: I got the starter pack from my doctor. I took the first 10mg with my dinner last night around 6 pm. From 2am until 6:30am, I was vomiting and had diarrhea. I'm exhausted and can't sleep.

October 12, 2013 9:24 AM

Review by aalchemist:

For Depression: I tried this medicine and it cured my depression within a matter of days. I felt great and was seeing the world in a different light. Good energy and just felt good in general. Problem is I couldn't sleep. I was on 15 mg. I adjusted the dose down to 10 mg and the antidepressant effects were gone. I had to stop a great medicine due to insomnia.

October 11, 2013 3:37 PM