User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Major Depressive Disorder 32 reviews 46 medications

7.2
Depression 339 reviews 76 medications

6.9
Summary of Viibryd reviews 371 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Viibryd

For Depression "I have tried various antidepressants for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and Dysthymia. Only Paxil and Prozac have been mildly effective for the depressive aspect. Most of them have helped with the anxiety that often goes along with such conditions. Viibryd is the first medication that has been very effective for me. It lifted the fog and gloomy feeling and it increased my energy, focus, and alertness. I feel 10 years younger and fresher. In the beginning and with each titration there were some mild GI issues that lasted 2-4 days. There was some difficulty with sleep in the beginning and with each upward titration, but sleep eventually improved. Incidentally, Viibryd has also increased my libido."

B-Hurd (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

For Depression "I tried viibryd after being on citalopram for a year and a half to see if it would be better. I had no problems transitioning BUT I gained about 10 pounds in the first weeks I was on it full dosage. I NEVER fluctuate more than 1-2 lbs - have weighed the same for 10 years -- and despite eating less & exercising twice as much I couldn't lose the weight. After ~2 months I switched back to citalopram & lost all the weight in about 2 weeks. Without going to the gym."

Anonymous43546 April 18, 2015

For Depression "I was on Viibyrd for a month and was really gaining weight fast!!!! Doctor switched me to Brintellix 10 mg. I knew it was too strong for me so I dropped down to 5 mg. weights coming off and I feel so much better !!!!"

Cyd Marie April 10, 2015

For Depression "I took this medication when both of my parents died within 2 weeks. It worked really great for about a year. now I feel like it doesn't work like it used to and maybe my body's gotten used to it. But if you ever miss a dose you have extreme nightmares. So I am scared to go to sleep without taking it and thinking about maybe trying something new."

J.l.J April 2, 2015

For Depression "After being on Prozac for many years I had a period of things going on in my life that were causing great stress and felt that maybe changing my antidepressants might help. Dr. put me on starter kit and wound up taking 40mg daily. For about a week I felt like a new person, then the nightmares started. So real I was afraid to go to sleep. Anyways I ended up being hospitalized 2 times just to get off of it and had to take meds to stop the nightmares. Needless to say my experience was horrible."

eariley (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2015

"I take Viibryd for depression and it works well for the depression, however, I have only been taking it for 3 months, and I have lost at least 65% of my hair. I know this is because of the Viibryd. My hair used to be extremely thick, and now it's a fine texture and over half of it has fallen out in the course of just a couple months. I am going to have to discontinue and hope that my hair grows back. "

gottles March 8, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Prescribed only by psychiatrists, Was weaned off Zoloft 200 mg, Effexor 225 mg & Amitriptyine 150 mg. Put on Viibryd 40 mg Oct 11. FDA approved Feb '11. Diagnosed w/ significant severe depression, severe anxiety & seasonal affective disorder Feb '01. 4 months after being on Viibryd, my psychotherapist of virtually weekly since Mar 01 said she could not believe the significant difference Viibryd had on me. 3 years & 4 months later, I laugh frequently, my silly personality is back [I'm very young appearing & acting age 61], I enjoy life, I talk much more. Still have bad days, still have bad cries - yet what a difference! A miracle drug! I'm grateful!"

Kimmy B March 3, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have bipolar, depression, anxiety, and I have been to mental hospitals with suicidal tendencies. I have tried many other medications, and have been on just viibryd for the last year now. Nothing in the past has helped me as much as viibryd has. I went from having anxiety and bipolar episodes to being able to control my outbursts. For people who say they take this medication and it does nothing I believe they may have not taken it long enough. Only adverse effects I have is diarrhea and if I miss a dose by a day I go thru withdrawals pretty bad. I reccomend this medication to every young adult I know!"

Anonymous March 3, 2015

For Depression "I'm a 45 yr old male tried Zoloft, lexapro but this medicine has made a huge difference in my overall mental state. I never thought I was depressed but I had severe anxiety and panic attacks to the point of almost passing out. High stress job and various changes the last year but this medicine is wonderful. I notice the gas issue and stomach issues but nothing really that bad or intolerable. My thoughts raced a little at the beginning but I'm 3 weeks in and honestly noticed feeling better within the 1st week. I still want sex everyday so its good in that department!"

La Man (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2015

For Depression "I have BPD, anxiety disorder, and agoraphobia. This medicine didn't do much for me. I got all of the side effects but none of the relief. I am only giving it a mid-line rating because I can't seem to tell if the medicine didn't help or if I am just more depressed/stressed lately."

raylee February 20, 2015

For Depression "I had underlying anxiety - constantly wanting to hide in bed - random crying - high intensity job - mind wouldn't shut off. Told doctor - she said this had helped many clients - by my 2nd day on 1/4 of the largest pill size - I felt at ease and pretty carefree. My life is 75% easier to take and I'm able to get through life with a smile. Very happy. "

Califgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 11, 2015

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Works great for me. No side effects."

Marigold15 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on a laundry list of other medications for major depressive disorder, Viibryd is the first one that has worked and actually saved me from myself! The only side effect I have every day is nausea, but I can deal with that because I finally feel normal and am able to cope with my depression, anxiety and anger."

pk082 January 29, 2015

"I'm a 36 year old male. I've been dealing with major anxiety and panic attacks for about 6 years. Been on benzos for as long as I can remember. I do tend to drink a couple of times a week and while taking benzodiazepines I would black out all the time. It almost ruined my life. Until one day about 4 months ago my doctor introduced me to Viibryd. It has changed my life. I've tried it all, Lexapro, Zoloft, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Zyprexa, and many others. Had many sexual side effects among others. The first week with Viibryd I had nausea. It's a good idea to eat before taking Viibryd. I now have very little if any panic attacks. They are easy to deal with and control now. I even drink on Viibryd. Though I'm sure it's not recommended."

Ren1978 January 25, 2015

For Depression "On 6th week of Viibryd. It starts with a jump. Then tapers down and up a bit; then levels off and is decently effective. It's more sedating than Cymbalta and its a pain to eat in the am. However, so far it's weight neutral and I'll see how it progresses in another month. Only side effects are gas, and touches of stomach digestive feelings. So far so good"

Kelef (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2015

For Depression "I have fought depression all my life-60 years. I have tried pretty much every medicine available. My care provider put me on 40 mg Viibryd and 100 mg Lamotrigine. After about 6 weeks I woke up and could face the day. I have the desire to live and no longer have to try to pull myself out of a deep pit every day. "

squidfish (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2015

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I experienced some side effects in the beginning of taking this medication. I tried two others prior to this and they failed so when I got onto this it helped me so much. I feel so much better and more energized then I have had in the past."

ShelbyC (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 11, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Viibryd for a month just finished my starter pack with dosages ranging from 10mg-40mg. This is the best medicine out there for me. I'm on top of things, being diagnosed with anxiety, Major Depression and ADD. I take numerous medications. This has been a life savor only side effects I've experienced is gas and diarrhea in the morning, I take mine at night to help with sleep since it makes me so groggy and fuzzy minded. I've been on 20 different medications and Viibryd has surpassed them all. I would recommend this to anyone with a major depression or obsessive compulsive disorder."

NW11677 January 8, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been taking Viibrid for 5 weeks, and my mood seems to be much more stable. It's nice to not have constant feelings of despair. The one problem it's giving me is extreme nausea and vomiting. Even so, the positive effects from Viibryd are great and I'm more than willing to keep taking it despite all the nausea."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2015

For Depression "I gave have severe depression for 15+ years and I've been on everything. Viibryd was great at first but at full dose of 40mg I have plateaued. I am more stable mood wise still struggling. I had high hopes and in general it's great due to the fewer side effects."

BrittMosh January 2, 2015

For Depression "I had depressive episodes even as a teenager. They seemed to get worse every third month. I'd been on every known medicine for twenty years without any help. I took Valium for panic attacks several times a day every day for twenty years. I've been on Viibryd for five weeks and finally found help. The only side effects have been diarrhea only in the morning the first few days and dry mouth. I wake up feeling very good each day. Thank you."

birdzflysouthinthewinter December 14, 2014

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I switched from Effexor to Viibryd and I was doing fine the few month or two. Then all hell broke loose. The last two months I was on Viibryd were absolutely horrid. Extreme irritability (usually for no reason), felt like I HAD to scream or I'd explode out of my body, constantly fidgety and restless, etc. My depression exhibits itself via my temper so one of the most important reasons I take a depression med is to help with controlling that anger... Viibryd made it so much worse after the first few weeks."

Erin123456 December 9, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "Viibryd has worked extremely well for me. I haven't taken any other antidepressants in the past. One of my main concerns was the loss of sexual arousal. I'm in my early 20s and that scared me a little. I was informed Viibryd doesn't reduce your sexual arousal as much as others do. My Psychiatrist did tell me this medicine is more expensive than other anti depressants right off the bat, even with my parents insurance plan. I'd say one side effect of this medicine for me is that I need to take it every day. I notice a crash effect if I miss a day or take it later than I usually do in the morning. For some reason the 30MG tablets were more expensive than the 40MG tablets."

KalRock14 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2014

For Depression "You have to give it time to work. At the beginning I thought it was not going to work, but after 3 months was great. I have been on Viibryd for about 6 months, is excellent, don't gain weight and my sex drive is very high.. Excellent. Hope it works for you."

excellent November 29, 2014

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Viibryd (40mg) for a few months now, for major depression/anxiety. Before that, I took Prozac, but I felt like it had stopped working. The Viibryd is working well for me. I have more good days. I don't feel sedated, just more positive and functional. As far as side effects, I get an upset stomach if I don't eat before I take it. I took it right before bed one time and had a really vivid nightmare, so I try to take it early in the day. When I do miss a dose, I feel withdrawal more than I did with Prozac. Overall, it's effective for me, but I have to be more careful to avoid side effects."

NymeriaSnow November 15, 2014