User Reviews for Viibryd (Page 2)

Learn more about Viibryd.

Depression 372 reviews 79 medications

6.8
Major Depressive Disorder 61 reviews 47 medications

6.7
Summary of Viibryd reviews 433 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Viibryd

For Depression "I have been on Viibryd for 10 days. The first 5 or 6 days I had a ton of energy. My stomach was a little bloated but no other major side effects. About 3 days ago I started feeling very blah, having anxiety, very gassy and just not feeling right. I am only on 10mg so hopeful that raising me to 20 will solve these problems. After 5 years on Lexapro I wanted to try something that didn't cause weight gain and didn't have sexual side effects. I was still having panic attacks and lots of anxiety on the Lexapro so I was hoping this would help. Just want to feel normal again."

mrsclause December 3, 2015

For Depression "I've had wonderful results on this medication. A few minor side effects that pale in comparison to my improved mood, renewed energy, mellowness and more. I was weaned off Paxil for rapid weight gain, and on Viibyrd I am losing weight and feeling much more confident and positive. I do have vivid dreams, but honestly, I think that's fun."

dp142119 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2015

For Depression "I had no decrease in symptoms but had a feeling of electrical charges. I tried to stick it out but it was terrible."

Shelly1986 December 1, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "It works in my depression, I feel more positive and happy but I had gastrointestinal problems ,and slurred speech people think I am drinking,also sluggish.I received a package from my doctor.Don't know if this effects will go away but if not ,I won't continue."

Ain November 23, 2015

For Depression "Only on day 4 and can't take the constant nausea and off feelings anymore. Vivid dreams, sweating, but the worst is definitely the gastro issues. Bloating, acid reflux, severe nausea. Tried taking it with food, tried taking anti-nausea pills and so many other things, but it wouldn't work."

Nauseaistoomuch November 23, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "The only reason I gave it a 9 is because I can tell immediately if I miss a dose because it is as if my depression returns full fold as far as crying, irritability, anger and deep sadness. I use something else-Wellbutrin & Xanax bid for my anxiety. I have been on many anti-depressants and have dealt with PTSD and MDD since dx when 19. Probably had it prior but I was dx when I got to college because I was an A student who could not function. I tried this because my alternating Lexapro and Celexa (not at the same time) was no longer working and I am so happy that my NP found it. I had some tummy issues at first but they were gone after the first three weeks and I already have insomnia so that has not changed. I am the young Me again."

Leni88 November 16, 2015

For Depression "I had terrible insomnia on vybrid. Awful. Whole nights spent wired. It made me so anxious that I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. Brain zaps, headaches, etc. I tried for several weeks but the sysmptoms got worse, not better. Did not work for me at all."

katherinejane November 15, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Noticed i am more anxious than b4 i started taking it. Luckily i havent had nightmares or g.i. issues so far but ive only started 1and a half week ago. from what I've seen from reviews it's all about the individual i guess."

shelly a wright November 3, 2015

For Depression "Just transitioned from 60mg Paxil. Went down 15 on Paxil, up 10 on Viibryd each week for four weeks. No brain zaps. Take with food in the morning. Get a sleepy reaction for about two hours after taking it. I get vivid dreams with this med. No nightmares so far. No diarrhea, but I'm constipated b/c I'm taking 450 mg Wellbutrin :(. I like it a lot, very optimistic."

depression all my life (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2015

For Depression "Got the typical starter pack. One week at 10mg - noticeable antidepressant effect, side effects of diarrhea and weird dreams. One week at 20 mg - suddenly had tons of energy. Found myself getting lots of housework done, starting up projects I had been putting off for months, but no true enjoyment of things I loved. Diarrhea remained, some insomnia started. 5 weeks at 40 mg - Energy remained good at first, wasn't depressed but wasn't happy either. Just became numb like with all other SSRI's I've tried. Diarrhea persisted. Had trouble getting up each morning and felt foggy all day but still had energy to get things done. NO libido. Anhedonia persisted. Not the right drug for me."

Scooper942 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2015

For Depression "I'm with this medication about 3 months in the beginning gave me diarrhea but after 2 week everything was good again the only complaint is I can't miss even one dose"

Guisa October 24, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Was on for 3 weeks, 10mg, until the nightmares and sleep got so bad I had to stop. Was so bad I was having to take upwards of 1.5mg of Klonopin just to sleep and still didn't seem to help at all. Seemed to help with anxiety but the affects on my sleep were counteracting any help it was having for the anxiety. I've always had issues with my sleep but this definitely made them worse. Seriously the nightmares were intense and strange. Like dreams within dreams, gory sometimes, but almost always sad and frustrating. Might be the ticket for others, but not me. On lamictal now and seem to be doing much better (after 2 year trials of all kinds of SSRI's and SNRIs that only helped a little in some ways or totally messed me up)."

brett84 (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2015

For Depression "I love this drug, but it is not for the casual or lazy user. I find I must take it at nearly the same time every day or I get side effects. I take it first thing in the morning, and I avoid the sleepies by doing something semi active for a short time. Also, never take this before bed... It can cause sleeplessness and nightmares. I take lanzaprozole at the same time for GERD, so avoid any stomach upsets. The nightmares went away after about 4 weeks from starting. I feel so normal now-- energy level has returned and the blues are gone!"

Rural Mom October 9, 2015

For Depression "I think it has made me extremely tired and it's hard for me to sleep at night."

Lex5688765 October 3, 2015

For Depression "Got a "starter pack" from my doctor and after day 10 (20 mg), %u2014 on advice of my doctor %u2014 I cut a 20 mg tablet in half for my day 11 dose. I have had TERRIBLE side effects and most definitely want to discontinue this drug."

TheoD October 2, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started this medication via a sample pack about two months ago. I went up to 20mg. My Doctor thought that I should stay on it longer even though I felt it was doing nothing for me. Now, after two months I have started having lower abdominal pain which turns into discomfort and pain again. My bowels are all over the chart from the diarrhea to very slight constipation. There is no rhyme or reason. I also now have very uncomfortable boating. I have a feeling of fullness in my lower abdomen, and had an ultra sound done by my OBGYN to se if I was having issues with my ovaries or uterus and that came back clean and clear. I also have random nausea. Sometimes early in the day, other times later on at night."

hwhite39 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2015

For Depression "Viibryd is working well for me. I changed from celexa to this drug due to not being effective anymore. Initially it did give GI issues for about 4-5 days but then eventually went away. Viibryd does has the least sexual side effects than the others. My dreams are pretty vivid with occasional well, I say not so pleasant dreams. I went up to 40mg along with 300mg Lamitcal and 30mg Nortriptyline. The Viibryd makes me a lot less sleepy than the celexa did. So far all is well."

bamakc34 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2015

For Depression "I noticed more ambition and happiness within a few days. The main side effects I've noticed is sleepiness, and nightmares. I have started taking it at night to avoid sleeping all day, and after a month on 40mg, the nightmares are getting better."

bcsurvivorx2 September 21, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm 16 years old and I hav been on several anxiety/depression medications including prozac, zoloft, lexapro, propranolol, klonpin,etc I take 40mg once a day and this is the first medication that actually works for me. All of the other ones made me suicidal or more depressed. I can defintely tell when I miss a dose of viibryd I get sad and very emotional. I've been taking viibryd for about 8 months. I have gained 15 pounds but I don't know if that is because of the medicine or not. It really bothers me though. i have less of an appetite and sleep way too much, sometimes 4 naps a day. I fall asleep during school I'm super emotional I easily get annoyed, sad, angry. I cry alot . I have no idea if any of these are side effects of the meds or not"

Moriahmorgh September 19, 2015

For Depression "Was only on 5mg dose for a month. Made my body have tingling sensations. Could not sleep at all after a week on it and trying to sleep I would experience hallucinations. It never helped with my anxiety/depression. Only made me feel "weird.""

A-A-S September 17, 2015

For Depression "I have taken Zoloft for a while but I was packing on the pounds and noticed I was getting kind of irritable when I'm normally very laid back. Doc gave me 2 sample packs of Viibryd to try. 10mg I had some stomach upset (mostly diarrhea) and an INTENSE craving for sweets/carbs. These went away eventually. Then up to the 20mg. I found that I had zero appetite and literally had to force myself to eat. Normally I'd be happy about this but my mood became so dark (weeping/angry). I got to the point where I couldn't handle it anymore and had to stop. Hopefully it works better for you all! Good luck! :)"

Ghostmama (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2015

For Depression "This is the only antidepressant that has worked to help my depression. Others have helped with anxiety, but not for depression. The side effects are as listed, but are manageable and, in my case, have gone away two weeks into 40mg titration."

Penaluny (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on numerous anti-depressants for 12 years, including combinations of Zoloft and Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Lexapro, Prozac and many others. I also suffer from severe anxiety and have panic attacks. I used to HAVE to take at least 2 anti-depressants to keep my depression at bay and it seemed they would only work for about 18-24 months before the combination stopped working. I began Viibryd right after it came on the market because I needed my sex life back. Both my Psychiatrist and I were skeptical, but I have been on 20 mg Viibryd for 3 years now and have never felt better, happier or more optimistic. I can have orgasms now, too! it has changed my life."

Roberta1971 September 7, 2015

For Depression "This has worked for my depression/ anxiety. I take it at night as it makes me feel sleepy. It does make me nauseous which is my biggest issue. Missing a dose or two makes me feel like I'm going crazy. I've been on this for three years."

Happierthanbefore September 6, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on lexapro and abilify for several years. The combination of the both were not helping. When I started taking viibryd I had your typical side effects but they went away and I have been on it three months and have felt better then ever. The only problem I have had is nightmares when I accidentally miss a dose ..anybody else have that?"

Yaya2010 September 6, 2015