User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Major Depressive Disorder 9 reviews 44 medications

7.2
Depression 296 reviews 75 medications

6.9
Summary of Viibryd reviews 305 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Viibryd

Review by Brouk (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: This medicine worked miracles for me! I absolutely love it! It is very effective and works in days, instead of weeks! When I first started taking it 40 mg I was really out of it and sleepy but I got used to it and now it gives me energy and puts me in a great mood! Best anti-depressant/ anxiety medication ever and always remember there are side effects to EVERY medicine.

January 18, 2014 11:14 AM

Review by sue from Syracuse:

For Depression: I have been on Viibryd 10 mg for about a month. For the last week or so I have become a nasty monster that no one wants to be around. Getting in touch with my psych to get me off this asap!

December 31, 2013 11:01 AM

Review by Pamella Peach (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: In reading the reviews, I take my 40mg dose of Viibryd in the morning with a light breakfast, as I am also type 2 diabetic. The titrated dosage worked to perfection, and I an focused, energetic, and not gaining weight. Perhaps the error is evening dosing. I once accidentally took it at bedtime, and was awake for the whole night. My feeling is evening dosing is an error on the part of the practitioner.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2013 7:31 AM

Review by kbc123:

For Depression: Me and my mother were put on this medication at the same time and while she loved it and had almost no side effects, it caused everything from a constant upset stomach and nausea to insanely scary nightmares for me. It didn't help my depression or anxiety at all.

December 29, 2013 1:07 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I am a 45 year old male who has has been diagnosed with GAD that has been bad for about three years. I have tried Paxil, Prozac, Effexor, and one or two other drugs that I could not tolerate. The side effects were worse than the anxiety I was trying to help. Seven weeks ago my P doc suggested trying Viibryd. I reluctantly started it. I am highly sensitive to medicines af any type, so my doc started me at 5 mg and moved me up to 10mg at 4 weeks. The first two weeks were great with marked improvement, and then my anxiety spiked up pretty bad. My doc encouraged me to continue and that this can be normal. I had a rough time until week 5 when things started to level off. I'm now into week seven, and I feel great. Stick it out!

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2013 10:39 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: i got on this medicine because i had some anxiety and depression. i have been on it for about a year n a half, and i have gained 40+ pounds. when i first started they said you dont gain weight, yeah right!!! i loved the medicine at first but now i am always tired and always have diarriah. its so inconvenet. i feel i need to switch but im not to sure what else will work. since i have been on almost everything else

November 12, 2013 2:28 PM

Review by hil24me:

For Depression: I got diarrhea, headache, muscle ache, flu like symptoms.

November 12, 2013 11:31 AM

Review by RandoFatGuy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: WARNING!!! It works great but it DOES make you gain a lot of weight!!! I have absolutely loved this drug until a few minutes ago when I started searching for the cause of my rapid weight gain. I never once considered Viibryd because I was told it had no effect. Today I did a search on Bing and that search has now changed my life.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2013 3:07 PM

Review by donewithpsychiatrists (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I was on Paxil....in hopes of trying to find a drug perhaps more effective my doctor put me on Viibryd. I was weaned off of Paxil in 3 weeks, and put on Viibryd. After 3 weeks on the drug, I started having the absolute worst panic attacks of my life. My poop turned green, and I had sleep paralysis!!! NO DRUG should EVER do that to a person...I weaned off this poison and I am through with psychiatrists. I do not recommend this drug to anyone! I was in complete misery for months and took my body a while to get back to where it was.

November 7, 2013 12:57 PM

Review by Happy in Florida:

For Depression: I've completed a starter pack and am 2wks into my second month @ 40mg/day. At week three of my starter pack up through yesterday, I felt better than I had in over a year! Not unlike most users, I have also experienced GI issues that I hope will subside evenutally and I experience missing a dose for two days which made me panic a bit. Yesterday, however, I began to notice new side effects - lingering ache at the base of my skull and my back aches and is stiff and I've lost all the energy and sharpness that I previously experienced. Based on many of the other user posts, I think I may need to go down on my dose. However, If I am able to return to the initial results for Viibryd, it's definitely a win and would change my rating to 10!

November 5, 2013 12:58 PM

Review by Frank N.Beans (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Depressed yes, Been seeing my LCSW for a while told me i needed a SSR so off i went to my PCP and he told me to try Viibryd, I am 53 Male (no ED yet :)), high blood pressure medication, and back pain 5mg oxicotin 2 times a day as needed..I take this medication at 7:00 at night.. Sleeping was a problem the first two nights now i am sleeping a little better (any sound seem to wake me).. Medication seems to be working ok just finished the first week 10mg, seem to be getting a little throbbing on the right side of my head not a constant throbbing off and on during the day . . Will update after the second week is finished

November 4, 2013 1:14 PM

Review by Brookeash:

For Depression: I have been taking Viibryd for two week, starting with the 10mg dose then 20mg. I had always struggled with small bouts of depression and anxiety but have always tried to deal with it on my own. Now that I am working 60 hours a week, I knew I needed some help. After the first couple of days of taking this drug, I noticed a significant difference. Situations are so much easier to deal with and I can complete task with a clear head and with focus. I am about to start my 40mg dose. Hopefully things only get better.

November 1, 2013 8:18 AM

Review by Soccerstar18 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Viibryd has saved my life. I finally feel alive. I took it a month before senior prom. And I started to feel a change in less than two weeks. I had a blast at prom and danced the night away with a wonderful date I wouldn't have had the confidence to go with other wise. I felt alive and glamorous. Now 5 months later I am a freshman in college and no longer experience the social anxiety I once felt. I find happiness in this beautiful life everyday. I had no side effects.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 30, 2013 4:01 PM

Review by 8sweetmissypea8:

For Depression: My Doctor gave me the starter pack for my depression and Anxiety I took the whole first weeks dose by sheer force of will. It was the worst thing I've ever taken and I've been on a few for my problems but I got symptoms on day one with this one and every day they got worse. Day one I started having major panic attacks one in my sleep so bad that I wet the bed as embarrassing as that is day two I got the poops out of no where I was fine sat down And it just came out it was Horrifying that there was no sign or symptom that I needed to go. That caused another attack. They next few days my mood got hostile, aggravated, and then drunk like. My body also did things like a drunk person including slurred speech stumbling and falling over

October 29, 2013 3:06 AM

Review by D'Shae (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: At first, I thought this medicine was working. I've been on every antidepressant known to man. Nothing ever worked. So my doctor gave me a sample pack. When I hit the 40 mg mark, I started have the "brain zaps." They are very real. Very frightening. One night I thought I was having a seizure in my sleep from so many zaps. My husband has to hold me down when I finally do fall asleep because my body is constantly moving. The problem is that I've been taking the 40 mg for a month and am now just realizing the cause of my "brain zaps" and lack of sleep. So now I have to wean myself off of this drug from the devil himself. I would NEVER EVER recommend this drug to anyone. Nothing good came from it. Nothing at all.

October 28, 2013 7:18 PM

Review by AliMat:

For Depression: I got the starter pack from my doctor. I took the first 10mg with my dinner last night around 6 pm. From 2am until 6:30am, I was vomiting and had diarrhea. I'm exhausted and can't sleep.

October 12, 2013 9:24 AM

Review by aalchemist:

For Depression: I tried this medicine and it cured my depression within a matter of days. I felt great and was seeing the world in a different light. Good energy and just felt good in general. Problem is I couldn't sleep. I was on 15 mg. I adjusted the dose down to 10 mg and the antidepressant effects were gone. I had to stop a great medicine due to insomnia.

October 11, 2013 3:37 PM

Review by santafegirl (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I have been taking Viibryd since 1/2012. At the time I was prescribed Viibryd I had been on every SSRI antidepressant available, none of which helped the depression. Viibryd has lifted the depression. The only side effect I have is that I no longer have any emotion, although in the last 6 months I have been able to find some things funny. I am now able to function.

October 5, 2013 1:25 AM

Review by knaar (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have been taking Viibryd 40mg for 6 weeks. From about the third day I felt an improvement in my mood and energy. But starting around week four my mood started to change for the worst. I was grumpy and had zero patience for anything. My husband, my two year old, my dog, the list went on. Now at week six I'm ready to jump out a window. I have a Drs. appointment this upcoming week. I need to take myself off of this. I had high hopes for this back to square one.

October 4, 2013 10:47 PM

Review by Dee in Philly (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Giving it a 10 after only 3 days might sound odd but comparing to other meds I have been on, it's a 10. I was on Lexapro 20mg and Wellbutrin for a year and a half. Stopped the meds cold turkey for a year. (Not a smart move). I had no feelings at all and I looked physically off. I had the distance look in my eyes all the time. Plus I gained 40lbs over the course of this 2 1/2 years. So I finally go to a new doctor and explain my feelings and he says I have SMD and anxiety. He mentioned this Viibryd. Day 1 I had that upset stomach feeling at night had a hard time sleeping, same thing with Day 2, Today is day 3 and I feel awesome, slept well and woke before my alarm. I love this. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

October 3, 2013 9:26 AM

Review by Teddy4050 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: Been on antidepressants since around 1991 after I had thyroid removed. Taking Wellbutrin for depression which works okay but last year started having late night anxiety attacks. Really bad Fear. I don't understand why. Had me walking the streets at 11PM. Started Viibryd and had weight gain and stomach issues and by the time I got to 40mg the anxiety just stopped! This medicine does as advertised for me, it stops the anxiety. That's what I needed and that's what I got. Like a miracle.

October 1, 2013 4:10 PM

Review by mroll1992:

For Depression: At first, Viibryd was God send. I was always happy, no sexual side effects, no fatigue: it worked absolutely great. I went through the trial pack and forgot to get a prescription. About 2 months go by (because I'm lazy) and I finally go to the doctors to get another trial and a prescription. This time around of starting up, there's major side effects. The medication SOMEWHAT helps with my depression now, and I still get a strong sense of paranoia and hopelessness. The medication has STRONG sexual side effects now, and all arousal whatsoever is gone now. The insomnia is TERRIBLE. I get maybe 3 or 4 hours of sleep now. And might I mention I'm on the low dosages; I haven't even started the 40mg yet.

September 26, 2013 5:52 AM

Review by Hessian:

For Depression: This medicine was a disaster for me. I was doing fine on Celexa, but my primary doctor started me on Viibryd. I had crying spells and was short tempered and unpleasant. So I saw another doctor and he advised that I get off - but phasing out gradually. It took me months to get back to normal. It totally ruined a European trip I had been looking forward to during the cold long winter of 2012/13. Needless to say, I dropped this doctor.

September 24, 2013 12:39 PM

Review by Kellyoradio (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: So far, Viibryd has been life-changing for me. I just started the 20mg dosage on the starter sample pack given to me by my doctor after a week of 10mg, and I already feel more positive. I find myself smiling more, and I no longer have suicidal thoughts. If anything, it's giving me hope that things will be ok and can get better if I change my attitude! I had tried Paxil a couple years ago with no results, but with Viibryd, I actually feel a change. The only side effect I've encountered so far is a little constipation, but with a well-balanced diet, this can easily be reversed. I have suffered from depression and anxiety since I was a teen, and am now 30.

September 7, 2013 10:41 PM

For Depression: I began taking Viibryd 10mg 3 months ago. Quickly began having stomach pain, worsening of insomnia and diarrhea. Couldn't go up to 20mg because of worsening of side effects. Today, Sept. 1, I took it and again, having uncontrollable diarrhea. Seeing my doctor on the third and am going to ask for a something else. All of the SSRIs and SNRIs have affected my GI track but not as bad as this one. Life long history of depression and anxiety. Searching for the right antidepressant for over 20 years.

September 1, 2013 1:50 PM