User Reviews for Viibryd (Page 2)

Learn more about Viibryd.

Depression 367 reviews 77 medications

6.8
Major Depressive Disorder 50 reviews 46 medications

6.7
Summary of Viibryd reviews 417 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Viibryd

For Depression "Viibryd is working well for me. I changed from celexa to this drug due to not being effective anymore. Initially it did give GI issues for about 4-5 days but then eventually went away. Viibryd does has the least sexual side effects than the others. My dreams are pretty vivid with occasional well, I say not so pleasant dreams. I went up to 40mg along with 300mg Lamitcal and 30mg Nortriptyline. The Viibryd makes me a lot less sleepy than the celexa did. So far all is well."

bamakc34 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2015

For Depression "I noticed more ambition and happiness within a few days. The main side effects I've noticed is sleepiness, and nightmares. I have started taking it at night to avoid sleeping all day, and after a month on 40mg, the nightmares are getting better."

bcsurvivorx2 September 21, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm 16 years old and I hav been on several anxiety/depression medications including prozac, zoloft, lexapro, propranolol, klonpin,etc I take 40mg once a day and this is the first medication that actually works for me. All of the other ones made me suicidal or more depressed. I can defintely tell when I miss a dose of viibryd I get sad and very emotional. I've been taking viibryd for about 8 months. I have gained 15 pounds but I don't know if that is because of the medicine or not. It really bothers me though. i have less of an appetite and sleep way too much, sometimes 4 naps a day. I fall asleep during school I'm super emotional I easily get annoyed, sad, angry. I cry alot . I have no idea if any of these are side effects of the meds or not"

Moriahmorgh September 19, 2015

For Depression "Was only on 5mg dose for a month. Made my body have tingling sensations. Could not sleep at all after a week on it and trying to sleep I would experience hallucinations. It never helped with my anxiety/depression. Only made me feel "weird.""

A-A-S September 17, 2015

For Depression "I have taken Zoloft for a while but I was packing on the pounds and noticed I was getting kind of irritable when I'm normally very laid back. Doc gave me 2 sample packs of Viibryd to try. 10mg I had some stomach upset (mostly diarrhea) and an INTENSE craving for sweets/carbs. These went away eventually. Then up to the 20mg. I found that I had zero appetite and literally had to force myself to eat. Normally I'd be happy about this but my mood became so dark (weeping/angry). I got to the point where I couldn't handle it anymore and had to stop. Hopefully it works better for you all! Good luck! :)"

Ghostmama (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2015

For Depression "This is the only antidepressant that has worked to help my depression. Others have helped with anxiety, but not for depression. The side effects are as listed, but are manageable and, in my case, have gone away two weeks into 40mg titration."

Penaluny (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on numerous anti-depressants for 12 years, including combinations of Zoloft and Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Lexapro, Prozac and many others. I also suffer from severe anxiety and have panic attacks. I used to HAVE to take at least 2 anti-depressants to keep my depression at bay and it seemed they would only work for about 18-24 months before the combination stopped working. I began Viibryd right after it came on the market because I needed my sex life back. Both my Psychiatrist and I were skeptical, but I have been on 20 mg Viibryd for 3 years now and have never felt better, happier or more optimistic. I can have orgasms now, too! it has changed my life."

Roberta1971 September 7, 2015

For Depression "This has worked for my depression/ anxiety. I take it at night as it makes me feel sleepy. It does make me nauseous which is my biggest issue. Missing a dose or two makes me feel like I'm going crazy. I've been on this for three years."

Happierthanbefore September 6, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on lexapro and abilify for several years. The combination of the both were not helping. When I started taking viibryd I had your typical side effects but they went away and I have been on it three months and have felt better then ever. The only problem I have had is nightmares when I accidentally miss a dose ..anybody else have that?"

Yaya2010 September 6, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started on 10mg for 7 days and was feeling less reactive and calm. Started 20mg and 3 days in was spiraling into deep depression, agitation, irritability, crying, not sleeping more than 2 hours at a time, shock like sensations down my right arm with my middle finger going completely numb, and headaches in back of head . I already have IBS so I expected GI distress. Nausea for 3 days along with severe diarrhea for about 2 weeks. Diarrhea is intermittent now. I am waiting to hear from my doc about reducing dose to 10mg again. I think that might be my ticket. Good luck to all!!"

Purified132 (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "For first week on 10mg, had brain zaps, diarrhea, tingling on extremities, and some nausea, insomnia. Almost discontinued taking drug. However, after a week, most side effects improved, Now on 20mg per MD recommendation, only have insomnia and some leg cramps now, slight weight gain but not much. Mood improved and bonus is that my sexual function has improved for the first time in 10 years. Based on my experience so far, would recommend if you are willing to tolerate side effects for several weeks when beginning drug."

DKMDD August 28, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Positive response within a week. 20mg was sufficient during the spring and summer seasons. Sexual side effects are minimal and virtually disappear once used to the medication after the last dose increase. Insomnia at first, but with time this side effect has gone away. Very satisfied."

Bashan (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I created an account to soley rate this medicine. The medications that my general doctor were perscribing werent doing the trick, so I was sent to a psychiatrist who gave me viibryd. My insurance didn't cover much, I had to pay $80 for one month of dosage. At that point in my life I was so desprate and it felt like I running out of options, so I gave it a try. I was on Viibyd for about 6 months with absolutely no change. I was irritated all the time, my anixety flew off the charts. Doc told me to try to stick with it. Finally one day I quit cold turkey and felt no side effects, no withdrawls. It's good to see some positive reviews from others though!"

amberkins (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 24, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on antidepressants since the age of 12. I'm 53 now. I also have fibromyalgia. I was on Cymbalta. Due to cost my doc gave me a sample pack of Viibryd. 2 days and I'm in incredible fibro pain, along with severe diarrhea. Not good on my hemorrhoids. Not sure I'll stay on this one."

cyncat August 17, 2015

For Depression "I've been on 40mg for two years.. This drug saved my life it works wonderful for me.. I don't mind paying the high price to feel great.."

CCC72139 August 15, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Went from 90mg of cymbalta abruptly to 40mg viibryd. Went into cote bipolar.manic episode. So far this medication isn't feelING like it's doing anything for my but giving my diarrhea and making me starve and stuff my face with everything. Im already fat so this isn't good. I have brain fog, depression and anger. I'd say it's not working"

..... August 15, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on several different antidepressants over the past 18 years but I must say that I've felt the best being on Viibryd. In the beginning of it I did suffer with diarrhea for approximately 6 weeks. The only two complaints I have with it is that I have a decreased sex drive and I've gained almost 45 lbs over a 1.5 years."

Country Gal August 15, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Viibryd is pretty great. It is strong yet subtle. I've tried every antidepressant (SSRI/SNRI/SSNRI) and it is the only one that works well for me. I am having virtually no side effects except for tiredness but it has been getting better. I had diarrhea for the first weak but it was tolerable. It doesn't dull my emotions. It makes me feel normal and stable! Great medication for me and the only SSRI type medication that works. Maybe this has to do with it being a partial serotonin agonist as well as being a serontin reuptake inhibitor."

Keebles August 12, 2015

For Depression "I've been on 40 mg viibryd for 8 mos. Not too many side effects..e.g. no dry mouth, no nightmares, no high anxieties. A little insomnia requiring Benadryl. I had severe diarrhea until about a week ago but it was semi-controllable with Imodium. I feel functional but still have 2-3 day periods of depression which are difficult to wade through so it has not kept me completely stable. Missing 1 dose sends me way down within 2 days....change is very abrupt so I know the drug is working. Day-to-day energy level only so-so on Viibryd but I think my logical thinking has improved and words are not as difficult to find as when I was on other meds. This is huge for me. I'd like a little more stability but for now the plusses >negatives for Viibyd"

VonnieB August 12, 2015

For Depression "I had an increase in energy as compared to the Lexapro I was taking before this. I am struggling with periodic diarrhea, ongoing severe migraines and some stomach distress."

KCKS August 7, 2015

For Depression "I've been on 10mg for 8 months. Within a week, I felt the "cloud" lift and things seemed clearer. I wasn't wired or feeling speedy at all but I was able to focus on things and get on with my life. When I started taking it, I was taking it in the morning and I would have bad diarrhea. I was worried that I would have to discontinue use. Over time I found if I took it in the evening on a full stomach, usually about an hour after dinner, I didn't get diarrhea. Try this if you are having similar side effects. Losing 1 star due to cost."

SeeingClearly August 2, 2015

For Depression "After several months of taking this I needed to go on insulin but did not relate to the medication at the time. Since stopping because of headaches and fuzzy feeling in my head, my blood sugars are now lower than they have been."

cadwed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 28, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started viibryd just yesterday on a starter pack from my doctor that I requested. I've tried SEVERAL different antidepressants since I was a teenager: Paxil, Zoloft, cymbalta, celexa, lexapro, and the list goes on. So this brings me to viibryd. I would strongly advise you be very careful with this one. It has strongly resembled an amphetamine for me. I'm on a 10 mg dose and already I woke up an hour and 15 min earlier this morning(1 day) I felt very alert throughout the entire day at work, and even still feel so wired I can't imagine going to sleep for several more hours(it's 10:30 pm). I'm not sure about titrating to 20mg with this current effect. I'll see how it goes and keep you all updated! Any reaction from others would be helpful!"

Hilskycha (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2015

For Depression "This medicine almost killed me. Symptoms worst at 40 mg but there earlier. I ended up in the ER twice and was admitted to the hospital for days after a month with uncontrollable diarrhea, vomiting and the worse abdominal cramps I've ever had before anyone realize it was the Viibryd. I pass kidney stones regularly, so I have a super high pain tolerance and the lower abdominal pain from Viibryd was as bad if not worse than that. I had uncontrollable leg and body spasms and agitation and anxiety through the roof. Tapering off the stuff ended up being just as bad, every time I took the tapered dose I felt like I was taking poison and I would go into convulsions. less serious side effects including, eye pain, odd vaginal discharg"

Ponine July 24, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Took 10 mg sample for three weeks straight; usually after dinner around 9:30 PM every night. Helped with a "calm" feeling but would wake up in the middle of the night and then toss/turn. Didn't seem to alter my mood in the AM (i.e., didn't wake up feeling refreshed or less depressed). Had three weeks of mild diarrhea and dry mouth. No other noticeable side-effects like nightmares. The depression has affected marriage/work/friend relations. On to the next set of meds."

Guest_KS (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015